Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Zarahemla site. Looking for a Book of Mormon city.

Hanslune

Oh boy........:rolleyes:

My closet genetic relations are the Manchu and my Korean son-in-law, so don't even go there........

• Like 4

21 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

The problem with looking for Zarahemla is that we know precious little about the physical culture of the people. The Book of Mormon is a religious record with a few references to religiously-significant political occurrences. It doesn't go into how people dressed on a daily basis, or what style of art they preferred, or what the common types of writing were. It actually says that their form of speech wouldn't be recognizable to their ancestors because it had been "corrupted" (i.e. changed due to outside influences). The records in the Book of Mormon were exposed to a very limited group within that society, mostly passed down from father to son. The geographical range of the group is also difficult to ascertain, and the naming conventions have obviously changed since the fall of the Nephite nation @400 AD or so. At the end of the day, the likelihood that we'll find many traces of a nation that was systematically destroyed (and apparently hated by those who destroyed it) is quite small. Belief in the Book of Mormon is a matter of faith. 

…are you complaining we don’t have enough real detail about the lives of 100% fictional people?

Because that what you’re talking about: a 100% fictional people. 

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jaylemurph said:

…are you complaining we don’t have enough real detail about the lives of 100% fictional people?

—Jaylemurph 

Lament for Lamanites?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Piney said:

Lament for Lamanites?

Not as much a lament as a brisk shaking of the shoulders or light slapping of the face to say, “Snap out of it, man! The world needs thinking brains right now more than anything!”

Great to see you back, man. We need your expertise!

—Jaylemurph

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

Great to see you back, man. We need your expertise!

—Jaylemurph

Well,the misses and I went to see one of her stewardship forests and a client's contiguous to it.

Before that a Tornado went through Mullica Hill and she is the only person in South Jersy who owns logging skidders. 

One top of that our office is being remodeled .....

Sheeeeesssshhhh!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Piney said:

Well,the misses and I went to see one of her stewardship forests and a client's contiguous to it.

Before that a Tornado went through Mullica Hill and she is the only person in South Jersy who owns logging skidders. 

One top of that our office is being remodeled .....

Sheeeeesssshhhh!

Yikes!  That qualifies for "interesting times."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Piney said:

Lament for Lamanites?

Those Lamanites turned brown because of their 'evil nature', right?

I once started a thread about the Serer, a people living in Senegal, and their possible connection with Ancient Egypt.

And by that I discovered these guys:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamane

The Serer had ancient connections with the Phoenicians, as I have showed in that thread. They still use Phoenician script to brandmark their cows.

And a btw., the Phoenicians were called something like 'rmnn' in Ancient Egyptian lingo (or their country, Lebanon).  Now, the AE didn't see any difference between -L- and -R- (they used a lion hieroglyph to write both R and L).

Maybe Joseph Smith 'saw' that too in his hat?

:w00t:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2022 at 12:38 PM, jaylemurph said:

—Jaylemurph 

You're entitled to your opinion. To me, the theory of evolution told in a Godless manner is a work of 100% fiction. We all have disagreements regarding where to place our faith.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

You're entitled to your opinion. To me, the theory of evolution told in a Godless manner is a work of 100% fiction. We all have disagreements regarding where to place our faith.

Science isn't a matter of faith.

History isn't a matter of faith.

They are matters of fact.

Belief in no way affects the reality of facts. You might well believe you can fly, but as soon as you jump out of window, the fact of gravity is going to ruin the very short of amount of time you have left before crashing into the Earth at 32 ft per second per second.

--Jaylemurph

• Thanks 3

19 hours ago, C L Palmer said:

Hi Palmer

If I rewrote the evolution script to sound more godlike would that be suitable? Understanding evolution is not placing faith in anything it is understanding evidence(knowns)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1