Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trucker convoy raises millions in funds as vaccine-hesitant supporters flock to cause

glorybebe

A group of truckers is garnering millions in fundraising dollars as it drives across the country to protest vaccine mandates, despite the vast majority of big-riggers having been jabbed.

Setting off from Vancouver on Sunday, the group had raised $3.5 million from some 46,000 donors by Monday afternoon in support of truck drivers poised to converge on Ottawa this weekend, according to the campaign's GoFundMe page.

https://www.castanet.net/news/Business/357916/Trucker-convoy-raises-millions-in-funds-as-vaccine-hesitant-supporters-flock-to-cause

I keep hearing that 70s song :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

While I respect that truckers do hard work, and are vital for our goods and services getting where they need to go...these specific truckers are what we in america call 'dumb****s'. 

• Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

While I respect that truckers do hard work, and are vital for our goods and services getting where they need to go...these specific truckers are what we in america call 'dumb****s'. 

Not only that but how does anyone know where the money is actually going?

It could be a great retirement for them, it’s just like some of the Politicians have done collecting money for the Republican Legal Defense fund. Well President Trump has control of it, and to my knowledge to date the 200 plus million he collected hasn’t been given to help anyones defense yet, and I doubt they ever will!

Is anyone surprised!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't have any issues with this.  To each their own I guess.   

I wonder how the supply chain issues are in Canada.   I heard they are requiring proof of vaccination for all truckers crossing the border from the USA.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Problem is, that doesn't work with **** like the Pandemic. We won't get through this until people get themselves vaccinated. And people who decide that they don't want to get vaccinated are a danger to others, especially those with compromised immune system. And serious cases take up hospital beds and resources that otherwise could go to other people.

Like where would we be today if people had been such...I don't have a polite word to use here...with the smallpox vaccine??

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

Problem is, that doesn't work with **** like the Pandemic. We won't get through this until people get themselves vaccinated. And people who decide that they don't want to get vaccinated are a danger to others, especially those with compromised immune system. And serious cases take up hospital beds and resources that otherwise could go to other people.

Like where would we be today if people had been such...I don't have a polite word to use here...with the smallpox vaccine??

The vaccine doesn’t stop it from spreading. It is here to stay and it’s never going away. It’s most likely soon to weaken and become like any other cold or flu. While I respect those who choose to get the vaccine, I don’t believe this is anywhere near the gloom and doom the media would have us believe. 

The latest variant blew through my area like a tornado. I know many people who got it, including my whole house. Everyone, vaccinated or not, said it wasn’t that big of a deal. Even the worst hit among them were 100% back after 7 days. Most were good in 4. 

People need to respect the decisions others make, especially when it comes to this vaccine. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

People need to respect the decisions others make, especially when it comes to this vaccine. 

No. No we really don't, when it comes to the vaccine.

Edit: Sorry just had a near-covid  death in my cirlce of friends due to somebody refusing to get the vaccine, so I'm a bit angry right now

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Confused 3

Just now, Orphalesion said:

No. No we really don't.

Well that’s sad. You are ignoring reality in favor of fear. I can see that you are an absolutist and will probably only spout negativity from here if we talk further, so I’ve said all I’m going to. 

Have a great day 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well that’s sad. You are ignoring reality in favor of fear. I can see that you are an absolutist and will probably only spout negativity from here if we talk further, so I’ve said all I’m going to. 

Have a great day 

I'm not afraid. I just think that people who wilfully take the risk of spreading the virus to other people/risk groups are selfish.

Ia gree I was a bit of an ******* with my statement, but again, just had a covid death that was easily avoidable.

Edited by Orphalesion
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Orphalesion said:

I'm not afraid. I just think that people who wilfully take the risk of spreading the virus to other people/risk groups are selfish.

Ia gree I was a bit of an ******* with my statement, but again, just had a covid death that was easily avoidable.

Everyone gets it, and everyone spreads it. The vaccine, by the companies  who makes it own words, it does not prevent the spread of Covid-19. Vaccinated people spread it just as much as the non vaccinated. 

Im sorry to hear about your loss. 

• Like 2

A lot of the problem, as I see it is misinformation. 

Like my mother, she watches a lot of Christian shows and refuses to get a vaccine because they spread false facts on the safety of the vaccine. 

Here's what the CDC has to say about it. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

Look at all the ways this nation tries to keep its citizens alive.

The CDC, seat belt, speed, and other laws from the UDSDOT, enforcement from Police, FAA rules pilots must follow for safety, and a whole slew of other agencies and laws, along with the worlds best health care, all designed to keep us safe.

Yet somehow they are trying to push off an unsafe vaccine?

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I am a trucker (on and off) and I approve your message!:D

Almost 80% of Canadians are vaccinated. 80% of canadian Truckers are vaccinated. 

All of those, or the vast majority, who are protesting are owner operators who are driving the wages for company drivers down anyway. 

Get the vaccine. If you don't want it don't make it our problem.

My ex company ( still pitch in sometimes for them just to keep in shape) has not lost one single driver due to vaccine mandates. And yes their division also does cross border.

Get the effen vaccine and problem solved.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

I wonder how the supply chain issues are in Canada.   I heard they are requiring proof of vaccination for all truckers crossing the border from the USA.  

Both ways now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, South Alabam said:

A lot of the problem, as I see it is misinformation. 

Like my mother, she watches a lot of Christian shows and refuses to get a vaccine because they spread false facts on the safety of the vaccine. 

Here's what the CDC has to say about it. https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html

Look at all the ways this nation tries to keep its citizens alive.

The CDC, seat belt, speed, and other laws from the UDSDOT, enforcement from Police, FAA rules pilots must follow for safety, and a whole slew of other agencies and laws, along with the worlds best health care, all designed to keep us safe.

Yet somehow they are trying to push off an unsafe vaccine?

Yeah that is another thing that's so upsetting, all the misinformation about the vaccine. And those people don't just harm themselves. They harm everyone they spread their misinformation to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. The inconsideration of unvaccinated people passing around covid has definitely been an issue for a long time, and has partly contributed to the hospitals becoming overloaded along with the unvaccinated.  But in case you didn't know, there are two new anti-viral pills that have been approved by the FDA for emergency authorization and are being distributed as I type this now. The hope is that these pills will reduce unnecessary hospitalizations and death from covid with these new antiviral pills. That is the beauty of these pills, when someone unvaccinated is inconsiderate and infects someone like you or your friends, these pills are there to take care of that ASAP and keep you and your friends out of the hospital or worse. ;)

Info about the pills;

How the New Antiviral Pills Help Thwart COVID

Edited by Katniss
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

The big problem is that we were told the vaccine was for the people who could get them to protect those if us with medical conditions who can't.  All if a sudden we are these horrible people.  I really don't appreciate being judged because my health providers told me not to get the vaccine.  I will follow their advice before some judgemental yahoo's wishing death or further ill health on me and others like me.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

The big problem is that we were told the vaccine was for the people who could get them to protect those if us with medical conditions who can't.  All if a sudden we are these horrible people.  I really don't appreciate being judged because my health providers told me not to get the vaccine.  I will follow their advice before some judgemental yahoo's wishing death or further ill health on me and others like me.

People who have an actual medical condition that keeps them from getting the vaccine are of course exempt, one of my nephew, for example, can't get it. Same with people who have medical conditions that make mask-use difficult for them.

However, if you look at my messages you will see I was talking about Anti-Vaxxers; people who just don't feel like getting it, or are against it because of what someone, somewhere on the internet made up.

• Confused 2

6 minutes ago, Orphalesion said:

People who have an actual medical condition that keeps them from getting the vaccine are of course exempt, one of my nephew, for example, can't get it. Same with people who have medical conditions that make mask-use difficult for them.

However, if you look at my messages you will see I was talking about Anti-Vaxxers; people who just don't feel like getting it, or are against it because of what someone, somewhere on the internet made up.

But, what you don't understand is that I am lumped into the group of anti-vaxxers.  It is black and white for a lot of people: vaxxed or not vaxxed, no grey area. That is where the anger is coming from, so many self righteous people who look down on those who aren't vaxxed.  I have been told that i am an idiot and lying, that EVERYONE can be vaxxed, there is no excuse.  So, some people need to get off their high horses and read the science they love to mention and see that there are other issues that some of us face.

• Like 5

You starting thread titles trucker convoys with vaccine-hesitant supporters feels suspiciously like antivaxxer to me. There very few of us that can't get vaxxed because doctor said so. You must be another true special case. But easy to BS people on web.

11 minutes ago, oldnatcole said:

You starting thread titles trucker convoys with vaccine-hesitant supporters feels suspiciously like antivaxxer to me. There very few of us that can't get vaxxed because doctor said so. You must be another true special case. But easy to BS people on web.

Well, I am not lying.  I have done everything to protect myself, quit my job, stay in my apt, I have no freedom so that I can stay safe.  The nurse in the health unit told me straight out no, do not got it.  My doctor is giving me recommendations to stay safe...and then I get told that no, everyone should take it, it gets my back up.  I was one if the first to register for it and found out due to multiple health issues, which includes being allergic to vaccinations, I should not get it.  Again, being treated like a lesser human being because of thus is very frustrating and quite frankly hurtful.

Me to. I wish doctor would let me have it. He keep saying no. Then it can't be helped. Nobody to blame. But makes no sense to make antivaxxer thread because of that. Later rant at other person. Blame other person because she lost friend to covid?  Makes no sense.

• Confused 1

On 1/25/2022 at 8:26 AM, Myles said:

The shelves were already starting to run low, so now Trudeau’s funded lefty media are now blaming the truckers convoy.

There is massive division here in Canada over Vaccine mandates.

Quebec is now going to tax the unvaccinated and are now forcing the big box stores such as Walmart to deny the unvaccinated entry unless they produce a vaccine passport.

Get vaccinated or starve seems to be the new politics.

Edited by A rather obscure Bassoon
  • Like 3

On 1/25/2022 at 12:38 PM, odas said:

I am a trucker (on and off) and I approve your message!:D

Almost 80% of Canadians are vaccinated. 80% of canadian Truckers are vaccinated. 

All of those, or the vast majority, who are protesting are owner operators who are driving the wages for company drivers down anyway. 

Get the vaccine. If you don't want it don't make it our problem.

My ex company ( still pitch in sometimes for them just to keep in shape) has not lost one single driver due to vaccine mandates. And yes their division also does cross border.

Get the effen vaccine and problem solved.

Covid is here to stay like the Flu and twenty boosters a year ain’t going to stop it so your problem is never going to be solved.

I personally am vaccinated but I believe in freedom of choice don’t like then stay home and let the rest of us live our lives.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2022 at 3:55 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

Truckers here during the Height of Covid were denied access to bathrooms,you should thank these truckers for putting food on our shelves and the service they provide.

I’m wondering who the dumb****s are.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

Truckers here during the Height of Covid were denied access to bathrooms,you should thank these truckers for putting food on our shelves and the service they provide.

I’m wondering who the dumb****s is.

Hi Rathe

I know mechanics that refuse to work on some truckers rigs because they cut a hole in the floor of the rig so they can crap and cruise without stopping so really who are these dumb sh8ts