Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple hear 'growling' in the woods, then witness UFO

UM-Bot

Lets see another anonymous report on Phantoms and Monsters, this must be 100% true.

• Like 4

Well this story has all the hallmarks. Everything in the woods going silent. Strange noises, which I suspect if there is any truth to these stories the silence is probably caused by the strange noises. Like the whole woods stops and listens to these strange noises as they are unfamiliar to the local animals and birds. Feeling a heavy feeling that’s hard to describe, and lastly a UFO sighting. 

Either these people know the lore and made up a story using all the familiar trademarks, or this really happened and matches patterns of the many other similar stories. 

Good find. Interesting read. 

Edited by preacherman76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Either these people know the lore and made up a story using all the familiar trademarks, or this really happened and matches patterns of the many other similar stories

Or other similar stories are also made up.

Its got a name bandwagon effect.

• Like 5

An unidentified "remote woodland" and an unidentified "lake"? These things have names here in the Pacific Northwest.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Unlikely. Especially before Internet times. Many have described the same type of story, with no way of knowing anyone has had the same experience. That’s to me what makes stories have value. When you can look for patterns of people who don’t know each other, but have told similar stories. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Unlikely. Especially before Internet times. Many have described the same type of story, with no way of knowing anyone has had the same experience. That’s to me what makes stories have value. When you can look for patterns of people who don’t know each other, but have told similar stories. 

So you are saying this is a tired old plot? That's what the same type of story suggests to me

Such stories can tell us about the way the mind think rather than what happened. They see a light. They play connect the dots and connect it to other events which are most likely unconnected. People see pattern where there are none.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, stereologist said:

So you are saying this is a tired old plot? That's what the same type of story suggests to me

Such stories can tell us about the way the mind think rather than what happened. They see a light. They play connect the dots and connect it to other events which are most likely unconnected. People see pattern where there are none.

That is not what I’m saying. Not at all. 

I think there is too much assumption with no research to stand firm in the conclusions you have made, but I guess I can’t dismiss them outright. They are obviously no where near proven though. 

• Like 1

According to the First Law of Alien Visitation if there wasn't an anal probing then it wasn't a UFO.
  • Haha 4

This story is so silly it doesn't deserve effort, so I won't.

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Are you saying that "before Internet times" (I love that phraseology!) there was no way of sharing stories?  Genesis 1.1: "In the beginning something might have happened, but we don't know for certain cos nobody blogged about it."  

Does anyone remember that far back1?  What did we do to store and share information before computers?  (NO CHEATING - don't go looking up the answer in a book.)  Please record your recollections by making monochrome marks on a slice of processed tree, and post it to "Wot we dun before t'internet", Unexplained Mysteries, A small cottage near the church in Funtington (just outside Chichester), UK.

I should add "but isn't senile", so that excludes Harte, Hans, bats, Manuel, me and Manuel.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, the13bats said:

17 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Another not close enough encounter

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

Are you saying that "before Internet times" (I love that phraseology!) there was no way of sharing stories?  Genesis 1.1: "In the beginning something might have happened, but we don't know for certain cos nobody blogged about it."  

Does anyone remember that far back1?  What did we do to store and share information before computers?  (NO CHEATING - don't go looking up the answer in a book.)  Please record your recollections by making monochrome marks on a slice of processed tree, and post it to "Wot we dun before t'internet", Unexplained Mysteries, A small cottage near the church in Funtington (just outside Chichester), UK.

I should add "but isn't senile", so that excludes Harte, Hans, bats, Manuel, me and Manuel.

3 hours ago, tortugabob said:

According to the First Law of Alien Visitation if there wasn't an anal probing then it wasn't a UFO.

3 hours ago, stereologist said:

4CE55118-8CA5-4A9C-B78A-2C1EFC7B303D.jpeg

10 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Who let the squatches out!? | Bigfoot, Bigfoot art, Bigfoot sightings

Thanks man, that was hilarious and I needed a laugh today!:tu:

My issue with this starts from the same blogger on a very questionable tabloid style site compiles alleged reports all from anonymous sources with very similar context and style and im assumed naive and gillible enough to buy it, some people like being duped not me.

My take is phantoms and monsters is just the "intetnet times" version of the supermarket tabloids thst ran stories like aliens ate my husband and bat boy found in cave.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don’t know but it’s wrote more like Steven King had a UFO encounter and wrote about it. It’s to much in the small detail part of it. To much effort put into description. Before the internet we had tabloids that supposedly would buy these BS stories but instead they just fabricated them. Other than that they were just stories passed around from one person to the next. Blogs were cool at one point but social media busted that wide open and now every arm chair professional wanna be in the world gets their 3 cents involved and then everyone believes it.,And then you got the real news grasping for straws reporting on the same BS they gathered off some BS social media user. That’s why the world is upside down right now.

Edited by Freez1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Freez1 said:

Blogs were cool at one point but social media busted that wide open and now every arm chair professional wanna be in the world gets their 3 cents involved and then everyone believes it.

Right but no, no as in i dont believe blogs perhaps i was late to that party but i dont care much for personal soap boxes even if called something else to try to sound cool,

Ive seen far too many blogs as nothing more than agenda based braying the writers opinions down the readers throat, you are okay if you believe the writer and a stupid head if you dont.

And maybe its just me but seems most blog writers are a bit self absorbed doing all that selfie look at me bs.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Not to anywhere near the extent today. You don’t know how many people I’ve spoken to about sleep paralysis that are so grateful the internet came to be. That regardless of where they looked for answers before the internet and could never find any information. 

You really think that every person who’s had a Bigfoot experience first read a book on it? That’s ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Not to anywhere near the extent today. You don’t know how many people I’ve spoken to about sleep paralysis that are so grateful the internet came to be. That regardless of where they looked for answers before the internet and could never find any information. 

You really think that every person who’s had a Bigfoot experience first read a book on it? That’s ridiculous. 

Some believe Bigfoot is an E.T.

Others will find that hard to believe.

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

No, its rational thinking, not agenda based you need to stop letting your ego drive and control you,

Its not really the same to say because a few people never delved deep enough to find information about topics that have been known to science like sleep paralysis for decades or even centuries that means every one was that ignorant before the net made research easy for the lazy.

We had a nice big library in orlando and i was there a lot.

Do i think every person who makes a claim about in this case sighting bigfoot read a book about it no, but i have zero doubt they did know about bigfoot be it from word of mouth, a TV show or dare i say reading a story about it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, CryptoGirl said:

Some believe Bigfoot is an E.T.

Others will find that hard to believe.

I dont find it hard to believe i dont believe it at all,

We have zero evidence that bigfoot is a living creature we have zero evidence that aliens were ever here, so to piggyback one unproven on another doesnt make a leap to proven.

However, you might enjoy

Imnsho Stan Gordon the failed kecksburg alleged thing that crashed researcher when that case was well explained and debunked and it hit his wallet his ego got in the way of him seeing it wasnt aliens afterall. 

last saw he was trying to make a case bigfoot was an alien or alien pet, with zero supporting evdence of course,

When things go that far down the rabbit hole i move on.

• Like 3

These type stories have been around since long before internet times.  Boy Scouts used to tell them at campfires. The internet helps them spread.  Sad in a way because once something makes it on the Internet,  its pretty hard to prove that any story is not just a copycat.  Its also sad that some people's first thought if they do actually see something is to get rich and famous off the encounter rather than try to find out what it really was that they experienced.  How many horror movies have started with a lonely cabin by the lake with strange growls before the woods go silent? More than a few.  

If somebody comes up with something totally different about a sighting it might be worth investigating. 

• Like 3