Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple hear 'growling' in the woods, then witness UFO

UM-Bot

15 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

These type stories have been around since long before internet times.  Boy Scouts used to tell them at campfires. The internet helps them spread.  Sad in a way because once something makes it on the Internet,  its pretty hard to prove that any story is not just a copycat.  Its also sad that some people's first thought if they do actually see something is to get rich and famous off the encounter rather than try to find out what it really was that they experienced.  How many horror movies have started with a lonely cabin by the lake with strange growls before the woods go silent? More than a few.  

If somebody comes up with something totally different about a sighting it might be worth investigating. 

The late cryptozoologist john greenwell who i respected said that sadly the internet had become the new campfire for telling "stories" .

And in that the precious few legitimate experences what ever they may be are lost in he myriad of the bs for attention and or profits tripe.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Not to anywhere near the extent today. You don’t know how many people I’ve spoken to about sleep paralysis that are so grateful the internet came to be. That regardless of where they looked for answers before the internet and could never find any information.

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

No, its rational thinking, not agenda based you need to stop letting your ego drive and control you.  It's not really the same to say because a few people never delved deep enough to find information about topics that have been known to science like sleep paralysis for decades or even centuries that means every one was that ignorant before the net made research easy for the lazy.  We had a nice big library in Orlando and I was there a lot.  Do I think every person who makes a claim about in this case sighting bigfoot read a book about it no, but I have zero doubt they did know about Bigfoot, be it from word of mouth, a TV show or dare I say reading a story about it.

Bats got in there before me, so I'll just invite you to read his reply again.  I live in the UK where we don't have Bigfoots, pyramids, the Grand Canyon, crucifixion or any of a million other things, but we knew about them before the internet.  Your assertion that information didn't exist 'before Internet times' is just silly.  As Bats points out, the internet just makes information more accessible (e.g. looking this up took about 5 seconds) for those of us who can't be bothered to drag our flabby ar$es to the library.  

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You really think that every person who’s had a Bigfoot experience first read a book on it? That’s ridiculous. 

Looking back again at my post #13, words I can't see are "every", "person", "Bigfoot"1, "experience", "first", "read" or "book".  So the really ridiculous thing is that you twisted my post into that sentence, and that you think you're clever for doing so.

Of COURSE not every person who claims to have had a Bigfoot experience first read it in a book.  That would be ridiculous!  What about the first guy who invented the whole Bigfoot experience nonsense?  He couldn't have read about it.  So you're right - it would be ridiculous to state "every person who’s had a Bigfoot experience first read a book on it".  So I didn't, nor has anyone else in this thread.

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You don’t know how many people I’ve spoken to about sleep paralysis that are so grateful the internet came to be.

Well - yes, you've got me there.  I truly have no idea.  Because you haven't told us.  And Google wasn't much help either - so much for the wonders of t'internet.  But in the grand scheme of things, with Ukraine about to attack Nato with Omicron WMDs2, I won't mind much if you never tell us.

Although I did mention Manuel, but I'm told he more closely resembles a Yeti than a Bigfoot.

I get my current affairs channelled to me by a ghost Atlantean psychic called George, who is from the future but was/will be abducted by aliens and brought back to now in their time machines.  George doesn't speak English so some of his messages are unclear, but I'm fairly sure the fragrant people of Nato will fight off the Ukrainian bear-cavalry and defend their cheese.  He also says Bigfoots aren't real.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

thing is that you twisted my post into that sentence, and that you think you're clever for doing so.

He does that to a lot to people.

Edited by the13bats
left out word
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, the13bats said:

No, its rational thinking, not agenda based you need to stop letting your ego drive and control you,

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t even believe in Bigfoot. Ego has nothing to do with it. I’m just making an observation I find interesting. Considering your hostility, and absolutism about it, your dogmatic beliefs about it, I think it’s your ego driving and controlling you. 

Its not really the same to say because a few people never delved deep enough to find information about topics that have been known to science like sleep paralysis for decades or even centuries that means every one was that ignorant before the net made research easy for the lazy.

We had a nice big library in orlando and i was there a lot.

Do i think every person who makes a claim about in this case sighting bigfoot read a book about it no, but i have zero doubt they did know about bigfoot be it from word of mouth, a TV show or dare i say reading a story about it.

Of course. Everyone has heard of Bigfoot. Far fewer know the details of many of these sightings. If you can find even two different people who #1 don’t know each other, and #2 didn’t know the details of a typical sighting you have a situation where the claims can’t be as easily dismissed. At least if you are being honest with yourself. We both know those two people absolutely exist. We both know that number is far greater than 2. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tom1200 said:

Bats got in there before me, so I'll just invite you to read his reply again.  I live in the UK where we don't have Bigfoots, pyramids, the Grand Canyon, crucifixion or any of a million other things, but we knew about them before the internet.  Your assertion that information didn't exist 'before Internet times' is just silly.  As Bats points out, the internet just makes information more accessible (e.g. looking this up took about 5 seconds) for those of us who can't be bothered to drag our flabby ar$es to the library.  

So let me get this straight, you accuse me of twisting your words, then go in to say I said information didn’t exist before the internet? Like what? 

Looking back again at my post #13, words I can't see are "every", "person", "Bigfoot"1, "experience", "first", "read" or "book".  So the really ridiculous thing is that you twisted my post into that sentence, and that you think you're clever for doing so.

Of COURSE not every person who claims to have had a Bigfoot experience first read it in a book.  That would be ridiculous!  What about the first guy who invented the whole Bigfoot experience nonsense?  He couldn't have read about it.  So you're right - it would be ridiculous to state "every person who’s had a Bigfoot experience first read a book on it".  So I didn't, nor has anyone else in this thread.

You didn’t outright say it, but you certainly insinuated it. Otherwise why would you have felt it was relevant to say?? 

Well - yes, you've got me there.  I truly have no idea.  Because you haven't told us.  And Google wasn't much help either - so much for the wonders of t'internet.  But in the grand scheme of things, with Ukraine about to attack Nato with Omicron WMDs2, I won't mind much if you never tell us.

mmm ok

Although I did mention Manuel, but I'm told he more closely resembles a Yeti than a Bigfoot.

I get my current affairs channelled to me by a ghost Atlantean psychic called George, who is from the future but was/will be abducted by aliens and brought back to now in their time machines.  George doesn't speak English so some of his messages are unclear, but I'm fairly sure the fragrant people of Nato will fight off the Ukrainian bear-cavalry and defend their cheese.  He also says Bigfoots aren't real.

And this is why people think cynics are jerks. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:

He does that to a lot to people.

BS. Prove it. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I have no idea what you’re talking about. I don’t even believe in Bigfoot. Ego has nothing to do with it. I’m just making an observation I find interesting. Considering your hostility, and absolutism about it, your dogmatic beliefs about it, I think it’s your ego driving and controlling you. 

Of course. Everyone has heard of Bigfoot. Far fewer know the details of many of these sightings. If you can find even two different people who #1 don’t know each other, and #2 didn’t know the details of a typical sighting you have a situation where the claims can’t be as easily dismissed. At least if you are being honest with yourself. We both know those two people absolutely exist. We both know that number is far greater than 2. 

Oh i hit that nail on the head proven by your resorting to the tried and true elementary school playground rejoinder,

"I know you are what am i" about you arent ego driven i am, too funny.

Your second part about sightings is beyond weak, just because 2 people never met each other but both claim they saw a smelly large hair covered hominid doesnt make their claims fact.

There are no details that are unique to bigfoot sightings that far from makes the sightings legit.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

BS. Prove it. 

I dont care ono obese rodents rectum who does or doesnt believe me, that is dictated by ego and demonstrated by people like you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

probably a service vehicle passing by from the forest service or agriculture maybe a tractor for logging duty relocating, i bet at the other end there is a small road (the growl) and the light over the lake just a refraction from the headlights? they can be very intense.
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Poncho_Peanatus said:

probably a service vehicle passing by from the forest service or agriculture maybe a tractor for logging duty relocating, i bet at the other end there is a small road (the growl) and the light over the lake just a refraction from the headlights? they can be very intense.

If it wasnt a made up account by the blogger that is.

• Thanks 2

I dont care ono obese rodents rectum who does or doesnt believe me, that is dictated by ego and demonstrated by people like you.

So then stop talking crap. For all the demands you put on people for proof....... Guess that doesn't apply to the mirror hu?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh i hit that nail on the head proven by your resorting to the tried and true elementary school playground rejoinder,

You are the one going around hitting the laugh button all day like some.......never mind

"I know you are what am i" about you arent ego driven i am, too funny.

Your second part about sightings is beyond weak, just because 2 people never met each other but both claim they saw a smelly large hair covered hominid doesnt make their claims fact.

There are no details that are unique to bigfoot sightings that far from makes the sightings legit.

Dude, you obviously didn't read the story, and paid little attention to the conversation we had here if you think that is the only claim

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, the13bats said:

The late cryptozoologist john greenwell who i respected said that sadly the internet had become the new campfire for telling "stories" .

And in that the precious few legitimate experences what ever they may be are lost in he myriad of the bs for attention and or profits tripe.

I posted a mistake, the mans name is "richard greenwell" not "john greenwell"  sorry.

• Like 3

If it wasnt a made up account by the blogger that is.

D'you think @preacherman76and @papageorge1are the same person?  They certainly have a lot of things in common:

• they believe stuff without needing evidence
  • they're fundamentally nice people but naïve, who don't understand that sometimes people make mistakes or tell fibs
  • they both have rather short fuses, and are easy and fun to wind up
  • but then their obstinacy makes arguing with them tedious and boring because they just say the same thing over and over and over and over and
  • both their names start with a 'p'
  • isn't that enough?

That's loads more in common than most of the Bigfoot/Yeti/Bunyip stories circulating the wonderful make-believe world of the internet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

D'you think @preacherman76and @papageorge1are the same person?  They certainly have a lot of things in common:

• they're fundamentally nice people but naïve, who don't understand that sometimes people make mistakes or tell fibs
  • but then their obstinacy makes arguing with them tedious and boring because they just say the same thing over and over and over and over and
  • isn't that enough?

That's loads more in common than most of the Bigfoot/Yeti/Bunyip stories circulating the wonderful make-believe world of the internet.

Well where theres smoke theirs fire and your outline is dead on, but in this case i will have to say that pm isnt as gone as pg,

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Tom1200 said:

• isn't that enough?

I am not the good @preacherman76. I want the prestige of my posts all to my name and the enduring fame of the eponymous Papameter.

Your description above rates no higher than 7% accurate, by the way.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I am not the good @preacherman76. I want the prestige of my posts all to my name and the enduring fame of the eponymous Papameter.

Did you need ribs removed to perform such auto-fellation or can you do it just naturally?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

• isn't that enough?

You don’t have any idea what I do and don’t believe. No point to in going further, you couldn’t even get the first thing right. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

Your description above rates no higher than 7% accurate, by the way.

Huh?  Which seven per cent is accurate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Huh?  Which seven per cent is accurate?

they're fundamentally nice people

both their names start with a 'p'

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

A bit of insight into papameter algorithm...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

2 out of 5 is 7%? According to my calculations it would actually be 40%.

I'm not counting the last bullet point and even then it would be 2 out of 6. Or ~33%

Explains a lot about why your infamous meter is always a mess.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

• isn't that enough?

No. There is a difference. One of them you can have a conversation with. The other is almost on the level of being a bot. I'd rather converse with preacherman any day. 

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 5