Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Data should be fully and immediately available for public scrutiny - BMJ.

itsnotoutthere

"In the pages of The BMJ a decade ago, in the middle of a different pandemic, it came to light that governments around the world had spent billions stockpiling antivirals for influenza that had not been shown to reduce the risk of complications, hospital admissions, or death. The majority of trials that underpinned regulatory approval and government stockpiling of oseltamivir (Tamiflu) were sponsored by the manufacturer; most were unpublished, those that were published were ghostwritten by writers paid by the manufacturer, the people listed as principal authors lacked access to the raw data, and academics who requested access to the data for independent analysis were denied.1234

The Tamiflu saga heralded a decade of unprecedented attention to the importance of sharing clinical trial data.56 Public battles for drug company data,78 transparency campaigns with thousands of signatures,910 strengthened journal data sharing requirements,1112 explicit commitments from companies to share data,13 new data access website portals,8 and landmark transparency policies from medicines regulators1415 all promised a new era in data transparency.

Progress was made, but clearly not enough. The errors of the last pandemic are being repeated. Memories are short. Today, despite the global rollout of covid-19 vaccines and treatments, the anonymised participant level data underlying the trials for these new products remain inaccessible to doctors, researchers, and the public—and are likely to remain that way for years to come.16 This is morally indefensible for all trials, but especially for those involving major public health interventions."

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o102

Meanwhile, The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) had asked a judge to give it 75 years to produce all the data concerning the Pfizer and BioNTech vaccine.

However, a judge earlier this month ordered that the FDA make public 12,000 pages of the data it used to make decisions regarding approvals for the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine by the end of the month. The FDA must also release Pfizer’s vaccine data at a rate of 55,000 pages a month until all of the requested pages are public.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

75 years they want. Wow.

• Like 4

Ron DeSantis, Florida's governor, had opened multiple sites in his state to administer monoclonal antibodies to patients who test positive for Covid and had been quite successful in keeping high-risk patients out of the hospital.  Biden's administration first, sharply limited the availability of two of those therapeutics and has now ended their use totally by having the FDA remove approval for their use. 

The one monoclonal that the government has been pushing (Remdesivir) has a history of very serious inflammatory responses in a lot of patients so of course, it's use is still approved.  Thank God Omicron is signaling the end of this madness.  I doubt the government will acknowledge this but at least the people who are aware AT ALL of the realities surrounding this madness will begin to bridle at the situation and demand change.

IMO, these steps need to be THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATED as soon as the Democrats are out of power.  If it is established that people are needlessly dying because of these rules then indictments and prosecutions should follow.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fda-ends-for-now-use-of-two-monoclonal-antibodies-spurring-a-halt-in-federal-shipments-of-the-covid-19-treatments/ar-AAT5OyM

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Gummug said:

75 years they want. Wow.

Exactly.  There are a few here who of course see no problem indicated by that.  Amazing, isn't it?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, and then said:

Ron DeSantis, Florida's governor, had opened multiple sites in his state to administer monoclonal antibodies to patients who test positive for Covid and had been quite successful in keeping high-risk patients out of the hospital.  Biden's administration first, sharply limited the availability of two of those therapeutics and has now ended their use totally by having the FDA remove approval for their use. 

The one monoclonal that the government has been pushing (Remdesivir) has a history of very serious inflammatory responses in a lot of patients so of course, it's use is still approved.  Thank God Omicron is signaling the end of this madness.  I doubt the government will acknowledge this but at least the people who are aware AT ALL of the realities surrounding this madness will begin to bridle at the situation and demand change.

IMO, these steps need to be THOROUGHLY INVESTIGATED as soon as the Democrats are out of power.  If it is established that people are needlessly dying because of these rules then indictments and prosecutions should follow.  

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fda-ends-for-now-use-of-two-monoclonal-antibodies-spurring-a-halt-in-federal-shipments-of-the-covid-19-treatments/ar-AAT5OyM

I totally agree, I think they should be indicted on criminal charges. I hadn't heard they had removed approval from monoclonal antibodies, that makes me furious.

Had you heard that years ago Fauci tested several medicines in Africa and the one that resulted in the most deaths was remdesivir? I believe it is documented but good luck trying to find a link. And that is what they chose for the covid protocol!! Infuriating...

I found this link:

https://amp.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2020/07/22/covid-19-remdesivir-aids-africa-cameron-nutt-wilfredo-matias-robert-bonacci-meredith-kernan

According to this though, remdesivir is safe, so somebody is lying...

I also found this, maybe they realize people are waking up?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1248320

Edited by Gummug
clarification

10 hours ago, Gummug said:

I totally agree, I think they should be indicted on criminal charges. I hadn't heard they had removed approval from monoclonal antibodies, that makes me furious.

Had you heard that years ago Fauci tested several medicines in Africa and the one that resulted in the most deaths was remdesivir? I believe it is documented but good luck trying to find a link. And that is what they chose for the covid protocol!! Infuriating...

I found this link:

https://amp.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2020/07/22/covid-19-remdesivir-aids-africa-cameron-nutt-wilfredo-matias-robert-bonacci-meredith-kernan

According to this though, remdesivir is safe, so somebody is lying...

I also found this, maybe they realize people are waking up?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1248320

Omicron is immune to certain monoclonal antibodies: FDA pulls back monoclonal antibodies believed ineffective against Omicron- POLITICO

Overuse of antibiotics/misuse of antibiotics leads to more antibiotic resistant microbes- it's why we have "Super bugs" Superbug Types, Names, and Medical Definition (medicinenet.com)

So we stop using them when they don't work.

And honestly, if someone seriously thinks that Covid is just "Motorcycle accident deaths labeled as Covid", why are they pushing for medicine that doesn't work?  Why are they pushing for medicine at all?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Omicron is immune to certain monoclonal antibodies: FDA pulls back monoclonal antibodies believed ineffective against Omicron- POLITICO

Overuse of antibiotics/misuse of antibiotics leads to more antibiotic resistant microbes- it's why we have "Super bugs" Superbug Types, Names, and Medical Definition (medicinenet.com)

So we stop using them when they don't work.

And honestly, if someone seriously thinks that Covid is just "Motorcycle accident deaths labeled as Covid", why are they pushing for medicine that doesn't work?  Why are they pushing for medicine at all?

I certainly don't believe covid is just motorcycle accidents, but if someone dies in the hospital of kidney failure or a heart attack, or anything, and they test positive for covid, then the cause of death is listed as covid. This just seems weird and disingenuous to me...

I know getting superbugs from the misuse of antibiotics is a bad thing, but I thought that happened because people quit using the medication too early? In other words it allows some bugs to survive and develop resistance?

Also I admit, I don't know the difference between an antibiotic and monoclonal antibodies. I honestly didn't know that monoclonal antibodies were antibiotics... above my pay grade I guess...

Edited by Gummug
clarification

33 minutes ago, Gummug said:

I certainly don't believe covid is just motorcycle accidents, but if someone dies in the hospital of kidney failure or a heart attack, or anything, and they test positive for covid, then the cause of death is listed as covid. This just seems weird and disingenuous to me...

I know getting superbugs from the misuse of antibiotics is a bad thing, but I thought that happened because people quit using the medication too early? In other words it allows some bugs to survive and develop resistance?

Also I admit, I don't know the difference between an antibiotic and monoclonal antibodies. I honestly didn't know that monoclonal antibodies were antibiotics... above my pay grade I guess...

In this case Omicron just evolved to not have the protein receptors that the monoclonal antibodies hook on to.  Monoclonal antibodies aren't the same as antibiotics so maybe my analogy was just confusing.  I was trying to convey the idea that the virus mutates to a form that is resistant/immune to the treatment if the treatment is misused not that they use the same mechanics. 

Here's a video that shows how it works:  

How do monoclonal antibodies work? Rituximab, infliximab, adalimumab and others - Bing video

As a side note:  People are really paranoid about the Covid vaccines but totally overlook how Monoclonal antibiotics could be misused to target stuff like brain cells or the like instead of cancer/disease.  Everything is a double edged sword.

• Like 3

On 1/27/2022 at 1:42 PM, Gummug said:

That's not how COVID-19 deaths are assigned. Sorry if you have been misled.

A medical professional makes a decision as to the factors that led to someone's death. Knowing the exact cause of death is nearly impossible. There are often several contributing factors. Here are some medical issues that might be found in a person that died but would be unlikely to be listed as a cause of death: gum disease, tooth cavity, common cold, basal cell carcinoma, benign tumors, cysts, torn ligaments, chlamydia, HIV, H. pylori, etc.

Having a medical condition does not mean it contributed to death. COVID-19 is listed on death certificates if it contributed to the death. If someone is in the hospital and dies and they test positive for COVID-19 but it is not a contributing factor for the death then it is not a COVID-19 death. It would not be listed on the death certificate as leading to death.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stereologist said:

That's not how COVID-19 deaths are assigned. Sorry if you have been misled.

A medical professional makes a decision as to the factors that led to someone's death. Knowing the exact cause of death is nearly impossible. There are often several contributing factors. Here are some medical issues that might be found in a person that died but would be unlikely to be listed as a cause of death: gum disease, tooth cavity, common cold, basal cell carcinoma, benign tumors, cysts, torn ligaments, chlamydia, HIV, H. pylori, etc.

Having a medical condition does not mean it contributed to death. COVID-19 is listed on death certificates if it contributed to the death. If someone is in the hospital and dies and they test positive for COVID-19 but it is not a contributing factor for the death then it is not a COVID-19 death. It would not be listed on the death certificate as leading to death.

Okay thanks for the information, I hadn't heard that. I know it's hearsay (I know, I know, it's hearsay) but I have heard that (similar to what has already been posted in one of these covid threads) that if a person dies from anything, and tests positive for covid, then it is listed as a death from covid. Okay no guarantee, but I will go looking for a link in a bit.

Then another thing, I also heard that a nurse became suspicious of all the tests that were coming back positive so she sent in one or more unused tests (sorry I don't remember how many) and it or they came back positive. Okay now I will go link chasing...

Okay a bit of a long read but there's this:

https://www.aamc.org/news-insights/how-are-covid-19-deaths-counted-it-s-complicate

And this:

https://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/coronavirus/state-says-90-positive-covid-9-test-results-were-false/2304893/?amp

Edited by Gummug
clarification