Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Judge orders John Eastman Trump Lawyer to speed effort to get documents to Jan. 6 committee

Grim Reaper 6

A federal judge is ramping up pressure on attorney John Eastman — a central ally in Donald Trump’s effort to subvert the election on Jan. 6, 2021 — to begin producing thousands of pages of records to congressional investigators. Judge David Carter, who already sharply rejected Eastman’s attempt to block the Jan. 6 select committee’s subpoena for 19,000 pages of emails held by his former employer Chapman University, issued a detailed plan Wednesday to help speed the process along. 

The judge is taking a more hands-on approach than any federal judge so far to aid the Jan. 6 select committee’s effort to access specific documents from a reluctant witness. Carter has repeatedly expressed support for the Jan. 6 committee’s investigation, ruling in the panel’s favor on three successive days and underscoring the “urgency” of the committee’s work to understand the causes of the attack on the Capitol by a mob of Trump supporters, many seeking to stop the transfer of power from Trump to Joe Biden.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/26/judge-eastman-speed-documents-00002653

• Like 1

In all honesty, why did Trump call people to D.C on January 6th, the day congress was to certify the votes from the states?

Was it to cheer them on?

Was it to pressure Pence into throwing out states Biden won and using the alternate electors?

Was it a behind the scene plot by firing the crowd up and sending them to storm the Capital?

A lot of Republicans were on record and appalled by what happened that day, only to turn and try to rewrite the history of that day.

"Hugging and kissing Police" "Normal tourist visit" "Antifa" "Peaceful protest" "FBI operatives" "Police lying in wait"

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/27/politics/republicans-rewrite-january-6-history-fact-check/index.html

SO AGAIN, WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THAT DAY?

I see this as a legitimate investigation as to why that day occurred, and all these records sought might help find the answer.

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Maureen_jacobs said:

I’d like to see all camera footage from that day.

I would also!

12 minutes ago, Maureen_jacobs said:

I’d like to see all camera footage from that day.

There was defiantly enough that showed it was a riot, at minimum.

Here's some from an oath keeper article, many of whom have been charged with sedition now.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/oath-keepers-leader-attack-capitol-allegedly-told-followers/story?id=76682191

It clearly shows the Police "hugging and kissing them", after "letting them in." :rolleyes:

Edited by South Alabam
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Probably be an appeal 

That’s possible, but you can’t appeal an appeal, it’s already been appealed once. You see John Eastman is currently a defendant in the Electoral Fraud proceeding, You see he is going to be charged, and he is also the direct connection between Trump and the Conspirators, so it has now been proven Trump was involved in the Fraud! Everyone who said this would just go away I suspect made a mistake, because like it says the Justice Department and the assistant US AG are personal involved. So we will have to see what happens, because the investigation has started!

Federal prosecutors have launched an investigation into the attempt by Republicans in seven presidential battleground states won by Joe Biden in 2020 to subvert the election result by sending bogus slates of Donald Trumpelectors to Congress. In an interview on CNN, the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, revealed that the justice department has begun an investigation into what she called the “fraudulent elector certifications.

In an interview on CNN, the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, revealed that the justice department has begun an investigation into what she called the “fraudulent elector certifications”. She said the department had received referrals on the matter and “our prosecutors are looking at those”

The fake electors tactic was also central to the election subversion strategy laid out for Trump by the conservative lawyer John Eastman. In a now notorious two-page memo handed to Trump and the then vice-president, Mike Pence, in the Oval Office, Eastman argued that Pence could block the certification of Biden’s victory on 6 January.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/26/fake-trump-electors-us-investigation-doj

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s possible, but you can’t appeal an appeal, it’s already been appealed once.

You can appeal all the way to the the Supreme Court if they agree you have a case to make.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

In all honesty, why did Trump call people to D.C on January 6th, the day congress was to certify the votes from the states?

Was it to cheer them on?

Was it to pressure Pence into throwing out states Biden won and using the alternate electors?

Was it a behind the scene plot by firing the crowd up and sending them to storm the Capital?

A lot of Republicans were on record and appalled by what happened that day, only to turn and try to rewrite the history of that day.

"Hugging and kissing Police" "Normal tourist visit" "Antifa" "Peaceful protest" "FBI operatives" "Police lying in wait"

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/27/politics/republicans-rewrite-january-6-history-fact-check/index.html

SO AGAIN, WHAT WAS THE PURPOSE OF THAT DAY?

I see this as a legitimate investigation as to why that day occurred, and all these records sought might help find the answer.

It’s very clear what Trumps intentions were, first he want the Vice President to stop the proceedings because of the fake electoral vote certifications, and when Pence did not comply, he sent his base to cause an insurrection to stop the vote count, which is Sedition!

However, it’s all blowing up in his face now who knows what will happen but it doesn’t look good for Donny!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OverSword said:

You can appeal all the way to the the Supreme Court if they agree you have a case to make.

I actually hope they do that because that end it, once and for all!

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!" Trump said.

The only thing Mike Pence was "certifying: that day was the votes, so it is clear what Trump was talking about on his January 6th tweet, which he later deleted.

Fake electoral votes certified, after the real ones thrown out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

"Mike Pence didn't have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution, giving States a chance to certify a corrected set of facts, not the fraudulent or inaccurate ones which they were asked to previously certify. USA demands the truth!" Trump said.

The only thing Mike Pence was "certifying: that day was the votes, so it is clear what Trump was talking about on his January 6th tweet, which he later deleted.

Fake electoral votes certified, after the real ones thrown out.

Is that how you interpret that? Sounds like he was saying he thought the votes hadn’t been screened enough given the unusual circumstances of the election in most states, that he thought he should have delayed for a more thorough look at them. 
I myself don’t agree with him but what you think he meant is a stretch. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, OverSword said:

It’s interesting what has come out about the Capital Insurrection. Now it’s becoming very clear, that the event wasn’t just a spontaneous event. It was all part of Trumps plan to subvert the election, hell it was all planned down to the plan to stop the Electoral Vote count. All that was needed to complete that foolish plan was for the Vice President to play his part and complete the plan. The rally was held so that Trump could tell his base that through a miracle he had won the election.

The last thing he expected was for the Vice President to stand his ground and morally do the right thing and not to play his part to subvert the election. This really p***ed Trump off, so he told the crowd the Vice President Pence had betrayed him and them. I suspect one of Trumps followers ( Senator or Congressman who was present at the count ) called him to tell him the Vice President had reneged on his part in the plan, so Trump tells his followers to move to the Capital Grounds to continue the rally, and then he takes off to the White House to watch everything unfold on TV.

Because of the comments that were made to the crowd, Trumps base was looking for the Vice President and that’s why they were screaming hang Mike pence. It never made sense to me until recently why the crowd went after Pence, but now it’s very clear. It’s also very clear why Trump didn’t except any calls or lift a finger to stop the event, it because he actually want something to happen to Pence  because he felt betrayed. When all of this is considered if there is an appeal to the Supreme Court.

I doubt they will find in favor of Trump and especially anything submitted by John Eastman, because he is also a defendant in the Sedition that occurred with the attempt to subversion the Electoral Vote count by the submission of fraudulent documents. So one way or the other those documents are going to be released and I suspect they will once and for all make the entire incident from the fraudulent documents to what caused the Capital Insurrection to occur very clear. Trump had to realize this was going to happen, he can’t be so narcissistic to think he would not get caught, all I can say is wow!:D

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Is that how you interpret that? Sounds like he was saying he thought the votes hadn’t been screened enough given the unusual circumstances of the election in most states, that he thought he should have delayed for a more thorough look at them. 

You must be kidding, it’s already out about how they were going to institute the fraud using fraudulent documents, and Trump was involved in the plan!

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

You must be kidding, it’s already out about the how they were going to institute the fraud using fraudulent documents! 

Has the committee called trump to testify? No.  Why not? No cause. No evidence.  It’s been a year, plenty of time to have the whole picture if they wanted it. Don’t get too distraught over this latest nothing sandwich when nothing happens. Again.

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

@Manwon Lenderinteresting theory. 

Oh it’s not my theory, in fact it nit a theory at all, it’s all over the news. Thats why the US Assistant AG, and the Justice department are involved, wait and see when charges are filed all of this will be included, and they have the Perfect Witness Mike Pence after Trump tried to harm him and his family who were at the Capital that day do you believe for a moment he will support Trump, or even be a hostile witness!:lol:

If you honest believe that I have 100 areas of Ocean front property I will sell you in Arizon!:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Has the committee called trump to testify? No.  Why not? No cause. No evidence.  It’s been a year, plenty of time to have the whole picture if they wanted it. Don’t get too distraught over this latest nothing sandwich when nothing happens. Again.

They don’t need to, all the others involved are testifying, do you think Giuliani will go to jail for Trump. I really think your truly the only one that may distraught, when this occurs I mean honestly how will you be able to handle it!:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OverSword said:

Delayed for a more thorough look? Absolutely not, IMO, remember those fraudulent votes were even mentioned by Pence before the count, and Trump himself said on that day: If Mike Pence does the right thing, we win the election. 

The "right thing" in Trumps mind was to throw out those certified votes, and use the fraudulent ones. No stretch of the imagination when Trump's own words trip him.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Oh it’s not my theory, in fact it nit a theory at all, it’s all over the news. Thats why the US Assistant AG, and the Justice department are involved, wait and see when charges are filed all of this will be included, and they have the Perfect Witness Mike Pence after Trump tried to harm him and his family who were at the Capital that day do you believe for a moment he will support Trump, or even be a hostile witness!:lol:

If you honest believe that I have 100 areas of Ocean front property I will sell you in Arizon!:lol:

6 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

They don’t need to, all the others involved are testifying, do you think Giuliani will go to jail for Trump. I really think your truly the only one that may distraught, when this occurs I mean honestly how will you be able to handle it!:D

Alrighty then ;)  

9 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

That’s possible, but you can’t appeal an appeal, it’s already been appealed once. You see John Eastman is currently a defendant in the Electoral Fraud proceeding, You see he is going to be charged, and he is also the direct connection between Trump and the Conspirators, so it has now been proven Trump was involved in the Fraud! Everyone who said this would just go away I suspect made a mistake, because like it says the Justice Department and the assistant US AG are personal involved. So we will have to see what happens, because the investigation has started!

Federal prosecutors have launched an investigation into the attempt by Republicans in seven presidential battleground states won by Joe Biden in 2020 to subvert the election result by sending bogus slates of Donald Trumpelectors to Congress. In an interview on CNN, the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, revealed that the justice department has begun an investigation into what she called the “fraudulent elector certifications.

In an interview on CNN, the deputy attorney general, Lisa Monaco, revealed that the justice department has begun an investigation into what she called the “fraudulent elector certifications”. She said the department had received referrals on the matter and “our prosecutors are looking at those”

The fake electors tactic was also central to the election subversion strategy laid out for Trump by the conservative lawyer John Eastman. In a now notorious two-page memo handed to Trump and the then vice-president, Mike Pence, in the Oval Office, Eastman argued that Pence could block the certification of Biden’s victory on 6 January.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jan/26/fake-trump-electors-us-investigation-doj

Seems like this needs it's own thread don't you think Manwon?

The media is really milking this. I mean the judge asked him to hurry up? Wow, I can’t wait to hear about who asks to use the restroom or what’s ordered for lunch.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

The media is really milking this. I mean the judge asked him to hurry up? Wow, I can’t wait to hear about who asks to use the restroom or what’s ordered for lunch.

Well if you keep stalling what do you expect to happen ? Furthermore it's news. So what do you expect the media to do ? Not reporting this ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thedutchiedutch said:

So what do you expect the media to do ?

Write editorials about the need for term limits in the senate :D

• Haha 1

@thedutchiedutch
I guess you are right. It’s not like it’s a laptop full of drug fueled sex videos and incriminating emails. Mundane court procedures are what sells papers.

Edited by el midgetron