Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mercedes owner 'horrified' to discover new battery will cost more than car is worth!

itsnotoutthere

22 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Im baaaack, lol,

Our daily driver is a hamster car, a kia soul with full gingerbread, i love it and would buy another kia, im a lifelong gearhead i do full body off frame rebuilds but many things on this kia i cant or wont tackle.

My personal car on the otherhard was built in 69 and likely wasnt expected to see 100k miles, i have had the body off the frame and restored it ground up,

It sucks gas and bellows emissions, but i like that its simple and i can fit anything on it,

When i look at sci fi flicks we seldom see a missing link between antiquated personal transportation and mass transit i wonder what that will look like in real life,

Oh yeah city of eustis stopped picking up recycle stuff saying it cost them too much to do so,

What is it? I'm interested.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

What is it? I'm interested.

69 corvette,

And to make it clear im a gear head who digs vettes not a t.a.c.o.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, the13bats said:

69 corvette,

Nice. Seems the only T.V. I enjoy watching at the moment is Gas monkeys, Kindig customs & Speed is the new black. 

Not quite in your league, but I've got an MX5 (Miata) with a BBR 200 Supertune.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Nice. Seems the only T.V. I enjoy watching at the moment is Gas monkeys, Kindig customs & Speed is the new black. 

Its a convertible with both tops, road racer style, it was a small block car i dropped in a warm 454 and going to swap out the auto for a muncie 4 speed,

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Its a convertible with both tops, road racer style, it was a small block car i dropped in a warm 454 and going to swap out the auto for a muncie 4 speed,

Sounds great. See.....you'll never get that much fun from an electric...no sole.:tu:

My dream car when I win the lottery :-

1499304831_R(13).thumb.jpg.f8d92306aee264ab08ee9de0d9875c03.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Sounds great. See.....you'll never get that much fun from an electric...no sole.:tu:

My dream car when I win the lottery :-

1499304831_R(13).thumb.jpg.f8d92306aee264ab08ee9de0d9875c03.jpg

Around 1980 give take i almost bought a cherry low miles 440 68 charger but just couldnt scrap together the 3200.00 asking price, and yeah now you cant touch one for less than hitting a lotto, i built the vette cheap its a Frankenstein but a gear head cant even build an old charger cheap.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, the13bats said:

69 corvette,

I've dreamt of a 72 since I was a teen. 

Maybe one day. 

And a 69 Camaro. But the Vette was always number one .

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I've dreamt of a 72 since I was a teen. 

Maybe one day. 

And a 69 Camaro. But the Vette was always number one .

My first was a 72 bb convert, im very curious why 72 was your fav?

Im 57 and traded swapped for the 72 when i was 17 or 18 they were cheap then no one wanted the old ones lol,

Ive owned a few thru the years my fav was a tacky 66 custom wish i still had that car, same frame etc as 68 to 82 just different body,

If i wasnt a gear head builder never could i have bought vettes ready to go.

• Like 1

Oh and old camaros, forget it they are way more than vettes today, i thought i might look at swapping my vette for a 68 to 69 bird or camaro, no way.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the13bats said:

My first was a 72 bb convert, im very curious why 72 was your fav?

Im 57 and traded swapped for the 72 when i was 17 or 18 they were cheap then no one wanted the old ones lol,

Ive owned a few thru the years my fav was a tacky 66 custom wish i still had that car, same frame etc as 68 to 82 just different body,

If i wasnt a gear head builder never could i have bought vettes ready to go.

The lines just get me. The front wheel arches in particular. I really like the overall look..

I've only seen about a dozen close up, I'm 55. Got to sit in a 69 Camaro once when I was in NZ but always had Aussie muscle cars. 

One of these falcon xw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2t4t91zmbkUvOVpj80_2

Then one of these hardtop xb

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoMtQVc9GO_WzB_seQtvG

And one of these but mine was more a sky blue

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfq68RpzLPgpP41h_0xZm

Tried four wheel driving after that. Got a Hilux and put a 253 V8 in it with a Celica five speed behind it. 

Then I went family for a bit. 

Now I'm doing up a vx Commodore.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOjrHFa6UbZHCA8FZNa7y

And of course the boulevard :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

The lines just get me. The front wheel arches in particular. I really like the overall look..

I've only seen about a dozen close up, I'm 55. Got to sit in a 69 Camaro once when I was in NZ but always had Aussie muscle cars. 

One of these falcon xw

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2t4t91zmbkUvOVpj80_2

Then one of these hardtop xb

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQoMtQVc9GO_WzB_seQtvG

And one of these but mine was more a sky blue

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTfq68RpzLPgpP41h_0xZm

Tried four wheel driving after that. Got a Hilux and put a 253 V8 in it with a Celica five speed behind it. 

Then I went family for a bit. 

Now I'm doing up a vx Commodore.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOjrHFa6UbZHCA8FZNa7y

And of course the boulevard :)

Oooh yeah, slipped my mind you arent in the USA,

You had a mad max interceptor. Wow! Very jealous,

70 71 72 vettes are pretty much the same very small differences,

You guys have or had a vette kit car cant recall name they stick them on some truck chassis one was in fury road, i liked them but never seen one in person,

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Oooh yeah, slipped my mind you arent in the USA,

Yep, all different cars. Some really nice muscle cars. Ford's latest Mustang has been all the rage here for the last few years. 

You had a mad max interceptor. Wow! Very jealous,

It was an awesome car. Wish I never sold it. The blokes at work used to call it the interceptor too lol. Great exhaust system, made that Cleveland really roar. 

It went like the clappers too. Heck of a car. 

70 71 72 vettes are pretty much the same very small differences,

Not sure why, but 72 just sticks in my head. I know it's got the lines I really like .

You guys have or had a vette kit car cant recall name they stick them on some truck chassis one was in fury road, i liked them but never seen one in person,

They auctioned those cars! That would be something to see.

I've seen a few of the kits. There was a Trans am one too that was really popular here and went straight on a Holden Kingswood body. They be are everywhere in an the 80s. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Yep, all different cars. Some really nice muscle cars. Ford's latest Mustang has been all the rage here for the last few years. 

It was an awesome car. Wish I never sold it. The blokes at work used to call it the interceptor too lol. Great exhaust system, made that Cleveland really roar. 

It went like the clappers too. Heck of a car. 

Not sure why, but 72 just sticks in my head. I know it's got the lines I really like .

They auctioned those cars! That would be something to see.

I've seen a few of the kits. There was a Trans am one too that was really popular here and went straight on a Holden Kingswood body. They be are everywhere in an the 80s. 

While not as cool as you guys aussie vette kit car about 20 years back damn time flies i was going to throw together a mud car ( street legal ) use a truck 4x4 frame and drop a one piece vette funny car body on it that my buddy had a mold to build but i got side tracked, im pretty sure the vette i have now is my last project,

• Like 1

1 minute ago, the13bats said:

While not as cool as you guys aussie vette kit car about 20 years back damn time flies i was going to throw together a mud car ( street legal ) use a truck 4x4 frame and drop a one piece vette funny car body on it that my buddy had a mold to build but i got side tracked, im pretty sure the vette i have now is my last project,

Like a four wheeler funny car? 

Sounds cool. 

I stopped for a bit doing the dad family thing, had a Jag for a bit and a couple family SUVs,  but I'm back on track. 

I want to go big block again before I'm done. Would like a triumph rocket r too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Like a four wheeler funny car? 

Sounds cool. 

I stopped for a bit doing the dad family thing, had a Jag for a bit and a couple family SUVs,  but I'm back on track. 

I want to go big block again before I'm done. Would like a triumph rocket r too.

Well i just wanted that funny car vette body because it was one piece great for mud or the beach, might have had to shorten it for the truck wheelbase,

I gave up two wheels when i was having inner ear issues built a vw trike,

20180204_011432_copy_657x310.jpg.151fff59523df3f3b4014e44792b8064.jpg

Big blocks are my go too very antique by todays standards but im old school, i use 454s and its fairly easy to get well over 400hp on pump gas and the torque will melt the tires off most cars.