Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

1 x 10 to the 161 power

Majestic Wonderer

The statistical probability of one protein molecule being formed by chance, which is exactly what they are saying with the evolution theory, is 1 x 10 to the 161 power. To get an idea of what this would look like, imagine having 1 chance out of 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. according to Coppage, a Ph.D and expert in the science of statistical probability, this is not only unlikely, it is an impossibility.

Now before everyone one rushes to defend their point, remember, the odds of winning the florida lotto are 1 out of 15,000,000 and we are all kind of sure that while someone might win every week, it will not be us. Now 15,000,000 only has 6 zeros, the large number above has 161 zeros. What would you bet that pure chance, absolutely blind, with no intelligent purpose created all life, the earth, all the other planets, the solar system, and all the other solar systems?

Keep in mind that IF chance did manage to create one protein molecule, creating the second one would be infinitely more complex, EVEN if we gave it all the perfect conditions and gave it all the time since the world was began.

The point is, that while science has a theory to how it all began, it is certainly not scientific fact. It is said, that the scientist of today are still split about 50/50 on this issue. Einstein said, THAT THE PERFECTION OF THE UNIVERSE REQUIRES SUCH PERFECTION THAT COMPARED TO IT MAN INTELLIGENCE IS BUT AN INSIGNIFICANT SPEC. Thanks for reading, Majestic Wonderer.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• whoa182

• Seraphina

• Ashley-Star*Child

• zandore

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Please... look brfore you post. There are atleast a hundred posts on the matter... one more isn't going to be any better... >.<

Aliens probably created a computer simulation of humans to see what country president bush is going to attack next w00t.gif

Ok, Now to the serious point...

It is very strange that all of these things are extremely unlikely but happened, I agree...

It is extremely likely that our universe formed in the first place ( cosmological constant)

But you also have to look at it like this, With almost an infinate amount of planets, and possibly universes. It is conceivable that atleast 1 intelligent species would emerge, It happens to be us...

The more lotto tickets in the draw ( planets or universes ) the more likely 1 will hit the right values and have the right chemistry...

Although, I personally wont rule out that we are either:

Created by advanced civilization (I like this 1)

Total accident and we just emerged and its pretty common throughout the universe

God ?

Any other things I missed?

Although I tend to go with, Accident, natural occurance.. Simulation or created by aliens!

I dont like the god theory

Edited by whoa182

Aliens probably created a computer simulation of humans to see what country president bush is going to attack next
Can they erase him from the simulation? (Bush)
It is very strange that all of these things are extremely unlikely but happened, I agree...
It happened more than once. yes.gif
But you also have to look at it like this, With almost an infinate amount of planets, and possibly universes. It is conceivable that atleast 1 intelligent species would emerge, It happens to be us...
That we know of so far.
The more lotto tickets in the draw ( planets or universes ) the more likely 1 will hit the right values and have the right chemistry...
The more tickets the more chances to "Win"
I dont like the god theory
no.gif Edited by zandore

...okay, Whoa's comment was kinda funny...but not enough to justify this thread tongue.gif

Creationism vs evolution has been gone over a billion or so times. Chances are the point you just made has, indeed, been brought up already. If you honestly feel the need for some kind of attention drawn to it, then Aquatus is currently running a thread where creationists can ask questions about evolution theory...

Although you'll actually find what you're talking about has absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Evolution doesn't deal with the origins of life...that's a seperate issue...and that's probably what Aquatus will tell you.

Majestic Wonderer, you will probably find this interesting and you might be able to get it on Bit Torrent somewhere... its already been aired in the UK.

It was basicly about, are we real ... and a bunch of physicists and cosmologists explain the universe the fine tuning etc etc.. advanced civilizations creating humans, we are just a Simulation.. infinate amount of universes and more!

http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites...till_dont_know/

The strange thing is that the odds of a Universe created by a God are approximately the same! Even if there was a God, the chances of his being your God would also be approximately the same! yes.gif