Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man tries QAnon Covid ‘cure’ on baby granddaughter and almost kills her

Eldorado

A grandfather who gave his six-month-old granddaughter ivermectin – the anti-parasitic drug hailed by QAnon supporters as a treatment for Covid – had to rush the family member to hospital after she turned blue and began throwing up.

The man - known only as Jason according to Vice News – reached out to a Telegram group containing backers of the far-right conspiracy theory after the child, named Ruby, was experiencing “flu-like symptoms”.

“Her mother is worried sick. She just had Covid last week.

“Do you think it’s safe to give ivermectin to an infant,” he added.

MSN

• Confused 2
  • Sad 9

11 minutes ago, zep73 said:

The most dangerous pandemic of them all: Conspiracy theories!

This is the kind of lunacy that comes when you have such a massive glut of information, yet have no one to trust to help in understanding it.  A couple of points...

IF the article is even based on actual events (no offense El), there are no facts presented.  It looks like a "reporter" used a sketchy dialogue between people on a social media platform, of sorts, to write an article to expose insane people.  Maybe it's an accurate presentation, but maybe it all came from the guy's imagination because his boss wanted a short hit-piece that afternoon and as with anything relating hate of the Bad Orange Man, anti-Q stuff always sells to his readership.  "Red Meat" as it were.

I'll take a moment to say that the first time I'd heard anything about this nonsense group was shortly after Trump was elected.  They were circulating the idea that the Feds had hundreds of "sealed indictments" against Fed employees.  I knew right then it was propaganda for profit and never looked at it again.  I have no one in my circle that thinks of them more than misguided, angry people who know the country is being destroyed but have no way to express their anger over that. 

All of that said, there are many examples of the efficacy of Ivermectin, the fact that one is treated like a religious heretic if they mention them says more about those shouting down the speaker than about his speech:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F322f2c7c-2831-43be-bd47-5a7e47ffcb1c_480x640.jpeg

This^ is the prophylactic kit distributed in Uttar Pradesh, India.

Leaked defense department docs also confirmed ivermectin as a useful therapeutic, primarily in very early disease onset and it has been shown to help prophylactically, as well.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4028643/posts

IF some fool took a preparation of veterinary ivermectin and "rubbed it on the feet" of an infant then the infant became ill, all that tells us is the adult was medically  ignorant and desperate, a fool, or both.  It in NO WAY effectively indicts the drug in general.  Those who think it's worse than a plague are free to ignore it.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, zep73 said:

@and then

Let me get this straight. You defend a drug, not made as an antiviral, that has shown to be inefficient in Covid trials, and deadly if given in too high a dose. But you are skeptical towards the vaccines, made specifically to fight SARS-CoV-2, that has proven their value hundreds of millions of times during the last 14 months, and has tons of scientific studies to support it? All just because it requires boosters. Boosters that any vaccine would require, if it has to remain efficient beyond 6 months.

I don't quite follow your logic.

And btw... FreeRepublic is not a news outlet, but a conservative discussion forum, known to have posted forgeries in the past. I would not trust any "smoking gun" from that site.
As for the picture. It could be a forgery too. Even if it's real, it could be from 2020, before anyone knew the dangers of Ivermectin.

You're entirely right. Amazing isn't it.

That from a poster who says all other posters never consider other information to show they might be wrong.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKfSMrRowP3te2dypX0XM

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zep73 said:

@and then

Let me get this straight. You defend a drug, not made as an antiviral, that has shown to be inefficient in Covid trials, and deadly if given in too high a dose. But you are skeptical towards the vaccines, made specifically to fight SARS-CoV-2, that has proven their value hundreds of millions of times during the last 14 months, and has tons of scientific studies to support it? All just because it requires boosters. Boosters that any vaccine would require, if it has to remain efficient beyond 6 months.

And btw... FreeRepublic is not a news outlet, but a conservative discussion forum, known to have posted forgeries in the past. I would not trust any "smoking gun" from that site.
As for the picture. It could be a forgery too. Even if it's real, it could be from 2020, before anyone knew the dangers of Ivermectin.

And the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) does not endorse Ivermectin for treating COVID.

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 7

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I meant "does not".

That's one helluva word to skip by mistake :lol:
Makes the whole sentence mean the opposite!

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, zep73 said:

The most dangerous pandemic of them all: Conspiracy theories!

And people on social media websites, misinforming others about covid, vaccines, drugs, wonder why their accounts get close down.

:rolleyes: This is exactly why.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, zep73 said:

@and then

Uttar Pradesh showed that Ivermectin plus a couple of vitamins is way more effective than jabs.

Talking of inefficiency of medicines around covid,  the jabs fit the bill perfectly  

The healthy were asked to take the experimental jabs to reduce hospitalisations while the same people that would have died still died. The only difference is that countries were locked down, economies and lives ruined and more people with other terminal disease passing away as a result.

Yeah, big pharma!!! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Uttar Pradesh showed that Ivermectin plus a couple of vitamins is way more effective than jabs.

Talking of inefficiency of medicines around covid,  the jabs fit the bill perfectly  

The healthy were asked to take the experimental jabs to reduce hospitalisations while the same people that would have died still died. The only difference is that countries were locked down, economies and lives ruined and more people with other terminal disease passing away as a result.

Yeah, big pharma!!! 

Uttar Pradesh is in India.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Uttar Pradesh is in India.

Why, you are correct. And New York is in USA. London is in the UK. Paris in France....

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah, big pharma!!! 

Are you comparing vaccines to questionable therapeutics? Don't you know the difference?

This is a place where we speak our minds, but it'd be nice if you knew what you spoke of before speaking.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Why, you are correct. And New York is in USA. London is in the UK. Paris in France....

So, the ICMR has removed ivermectin from it's guidelines for treating COVID. No evidence from Uttar Pradesh to make an an alternative decision.

BTW, isn't Ivermectin manufactured by #BigPharma?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, and then said:

This is the kind of lunacy that comes when you have such a massive glut of information, yet have no one to trust to help in understanding it.  A couple of points...

IF the article is even based on actual events (no offense El), there are no facts presented.  It looks like a "reporter" used a sketchy dialogue between people on a social media platform, of sorts, to write an article to expose insane people.  Maybe it's an accurate presentation, but maybe it all came from the guy's imagination because his boss wanted a short hit-piece that afternoon and as with anything relating hate of the Bad Orange Man, anti-Q stuff always sells to his readership.  "Red Meat" as it were.

I'll take a moment to say that the first time I'd heard anything about this nonsense group was shortly after Trump was elected.  They were circulating the idea that the Feds had hundreds of "sealed indictments" against Fed employees.  I knew right then it was propaganda for profit and never looked at it again.  I have no one in my circle that thinks of them more than misguided, angry people who know the country is being destroyed but have no way to express their anger over that. 

All of that said, there are many examples of the efficacy of Ivermectin, the fact that one is treated like a religious heretic if they mention them says more about those shouting down the speaker than about his speech:

This^ is the prophylactic kit distributed in Uttar Pradesh, India.

Leaked defense department docs also confirmed ivermectin as a useful therapeutic, primarily in very early disease onset and it has been shown to help prophylactically, as well.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/4028643/posts

IF some fool took a preparation of veterinary ivermectin and "rubbed it on the feet" of an infant then the infant became ill, all that tells us is the adult was medically  ignorant and desperate, a fool, or both.  It in NO WAY effectively indicts the drug in general.  Those who think it's worse than a plague are free to ignore it.  

There are NO example of ivermectin working against COVID-19. None.

There has been plenty of testing. Two withdrawn studies that did not get past pre-print status showed some efficacy. They were withdrawn when it was shown that the data appeared to be faked.

Ivermectin does not work as a prophylactic. It does not work once infected.

That free republic link is to in vitro studies, not in vivo.

Show the study if you think it works and not some dubious comments in a forum.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/free-republic/

Founded in 1996 by Jim and John Robinson, Free Republic is a moderated Internet forum and chat site for self-described conservatives. The website consists of news articles posted by members, followed by comments and discussion of the articles.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah, big pharma!!! 

Prove it. I don't believe you.

• Like 2

I read the entire article. It finishes with this

Vice News reports that the Telegram channel – which has the neo-Nazi symbol ‘88’ in its name - is run by Mike Penny, a close friend of Michael Protzman, who leads a QAnon cult convinced that JFK junior survived a fatal plane crash in 1999 and will become vice president in a new Trump administration.

That's where I would go to for medical advice - a gathering of the mindless

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, zep73 said:

You defend a drug, not made as an antiviral, that has shown to be inefficient in Covid trials,

It's hardly the first FDA-approved medication that has been approved for an off-label application. It is PROVEN to have anti-viral properties and the U.S. military affirms that it works as a therapeutic in "all phases" of the disease.  As for being "inefficient", I tend to question the honesty there.  In over two years of this pandemic, the only "acceptable" treatment has been vaccination and the very limited use of monoclonal antibodies.  Remdesivir is about the only one that the FDA graced with its approval.  Unfortunately, it has a better record of inducing damage than in getting folks out of the hospital.

We're all free to make our own decisions here and I've made mine.  This pandemic is over, Omicron is its last gasp and thank God for it.  BTW... there are STILL "trials" to evaluate the efficacy of Ivermectin.  In a state of emergency such as we're told we're experiencing, don't you find it the least bit illogical that our medical authorities still can't determine something so basic?  

19 minutes ago, and then said:

It's hardly the first FDA-approved medication that has been approved for an off-label application. It is PROVEN to have anti-viral properties and the U.S. military affirms that it works as a therapeutic in "all phases" of the disease.  As for being "inefficient", I tend to question the honesty there.  In over two years of this pandemic, the only "acceptable" treatment has been vaccination and the very limited use of monoclonal antibodies.  Remdesivir is about the only one that the FDA graced with its approval.  Unfortunately, it has a better record of inducing damage than in getting folks out of the hospital.

We're all free to make our own decisions here and I've made mine.  This pandemic is over, Omicron is its last gasp and thank God for it.  BTW... there are STILL "trials" to evaluate the efficacy of Ivermectin.  In a state of emergency such as we're told we're experiencing, don't you find it the least bit illogical that our medical authorities still can't determine something so basic?  

That affirmation will appear on a .mil site, won't it?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

So, the ICMR has removed ivermectin from it's guidelines for treating COVID. No evidence from Uttar Pradesh to make an an alternative decision.

BTW, isn't Ivermectin manufactured by #BigPharma?

Yep it is big pharma. Developed, produced, tested and tested and tested found to be realitively safe.

All in all, quite some way away from the jabs.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

It is PROVEN to have anti-viral properties and the U.S. military affirms that it works as a therapeutic in "all phases" of the disease.

Forgive me if I don't take your word for that. As @Golden Duck, I would also like to see that affirmation - from the source of course.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, zep73 said:

Forgive me if I don't take your word for that. As @Golden Duck, I would also like to see that affirmation - from the source of course.

Strange you ask this when the FDA won't release the proof jabs are safe.

• Like 1