Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are 'Orbs' Really Evidence of Ghosts?

Guest Lottie

Guest Lottie

Okay People I have reserrected an old debate that never got off the ground.

I have noticed an increase of Orb photo's and Orb theories on this board again, so come on people speak up and have your say! I ask you:

Are 'Orbs' Really Evidence of Ghosts?

This will be a formal, 1 vs 1 debate. Awaiting 2 debaters. One who is will be arguing for orbs being evidence of Ghosts and one person against this.

Each member will post one introduction, five body posts and one conclusion. Remember to quote your sources, and keep the arguments civil and no flaming.

Any questions, feel free to send me a PM.

thumbsup.gif

Edited by Lottie

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AlisClan

• IamFS

• seeking

iamFS would be a good debater i feel in this debate, he is very strongly against the idea that orbs are evidence, pm'in him with the request he may accept

Im willing to debate for orbs as being paranormal evidance. Iv never entered a formal debate.. So bare with me as a stumble thru.

Okay, so AlisClan will be debating for orbs as being paranormal evidence, therefore we need one more person to debate against them.

seeking, I will PM iamFS to see if he would be interested in partaking in this debate. Thank you. thumbsup.gif

Guest Lottie

Cool! thumbsup.gif Okay so,

Alisclan will be debating for orbs being evidence of ghosts

IAmFS will be debating against

The debate will consist of an introduction, 5 bodily posts showing countering of the opponent, good style, persuasive arguments and information relevant to the topic, and a conclusion. Remember to quote your sources, no flaming or offensive langauage.

Have fun both of you and good luck, this should be interesting.

PM Dis or I if you have any problems. thumbsup.gif

I'll not disagree that the majority orbs we see are nothing more then lens refraction, dust

or rain. I cant debate this fact.

There are very normal reasons for most orbs! Yet there are also orbs (Or balls of light)

that are actually paranormal.

When I was a small girl, I used to watch these balls of light dance around my bedroom and

have seen them sense but not as often. I often questioned what I was seeing but never found

an answer. Amazenly, I have found other people that claim to have seen them along with me.

Thus I started looking for my answers.

I do believe that a percentage of orbs are paranormal and I do believe they can be caught on

camera. A real orb is not a Phenomena to be totally neglected, but one to be studied under an

open enviorment.

Edited by AlisClan

in responce, i have to say i disagree. you use that they used to "dance around your room as a Child*" child is the key word here. my my i remember as a young lad i used to sit on my bed, and fell the shivers go up and down my back, i used it was ants crawling up and down, later to find out it was jsut a human reaction. now you coud use that you actually SAW these so called "Orbs" "Dancing" around your room, and i dindt SEE the ants. in rebuttle, i "felt" these so called ants, so we are even. antother thing. you clame you saw these "Orbs" dancing aorung your bedroom. regeradess of kids ahveing wild imaginations, think of this. place a prism up to the light, what do you see againt the walls? specs of white lights coming about. perhaps all you saw was that effect. much like a disco ball. i have delt with your so calle orbs in all shapes, sizes, colors, and so on and so forth. all i can say that a move of a silk here, and a change in my light angles here, and they are gone. nothing more then a fun illusion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Lottie

Okay myself and Dis have agreed to close this topic for now due to lack of communication with debater Alisclan.

If anyone would like to revive this debate and debate for orbs being evidence of ghosts please let Dis or myself know.

Thankyou.