Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sweden decides against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11

OverSword

Sweden has decided against recommending COVID vaccines for kids aged 5-11, the Health Agency said on Thursday, arguing that the benefits did not outweigh the risks.

"With the knowledge we have today, with a low risk for serious disease for kids, we don't see any clear benefit with vaccinating them," Health Agency official Britta Bjorkholm told a news conference.

She added that the decision could be revisited if the research changed or if a new variant changed the pandemic. Kids in high-risk groups can already get the vaccine.

Sweden registered more than 40,000 new cases on Jan. 26, one of the highest daily numbers during the pandemic, despite limited testing. While the forth wave has seen daily infection records shattered, the healthcare is not under the same strain as during previous waves.

Link

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

She added that the decision could be revisited if the research changed or if a new variant changed the pandemic. Kids in high-risk groups can already get the vaccine.

Excellent approach by their government on this issue.  They aren't withholding anything, just allowing parents to choose based on personal levels of risk.  The U.S. should do this, as well.

• Like 4

Sweden is obviously just ran by crazy alt right, vaccine denying, Qnan people :innocent:

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Sweden is obviously just ran by crazy alt right, vaccine denying, Qnan people :innocent:

Yes. Pretty much the most unreasonable people on the planet.

• Like 3

I wonder what are the risks of a serious side-effects, against the chances of hospitalisation with C19, for this age group?

I read somewhere that heart problems in kids were very much on the rise?

In any event, I am sure the facts will emerge at some point.

Especially if the government sack 80,000 NHS staff.

• Like 1

The worlds not as non-white and non-black as it use to be

In children it’s hard to say what the side effects would be from the vaccine in their future. The same goes for Covid it may not harm them now but like the Chicken Pox virus will it or can it burrow down somewhere in the body and cause harm to them down the road? It’s 50/50 we just don’t know yet but if you can prevent them from contracting it is it better than finding out in the future you harmed your children by not getting them vaccinated? 

On 1/31/2022 at 2:29 AM, Freez1 said:

In children it’s hard to say what the side effects would be from the vaccine in their future. The same goes for Covid it may not harm them now but like the Chicken Pox virus will it or can it burrow down somewhere in the body and cause harm to them down the road? It’s 50/50 we just don’t know yet but if you can prevent them from contracting it is it better than finding out in the future you harmed your children by not getting them vaccinated? 

I agree with your logic.

But I think the issue is that for newer mutations like Omicron, the vaccine isn't really preventing infections, just helping with the severity. Which for kids the severity is already pretty low from infection.

So until we get like an updated vaccine (for variants) I don't know if it's really needed for kids