Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The whole world now mocks the UK as a Circus led by a clown

Silver

Actually, Brexit has been so successful, why are people even still debating it? What is not to like about Brexit? Every day our news media are showing us how we have benefited. Our farmers and fishermen are delighted, industry is thriving, and we have the greatest, most honourable PM leading us! Why doesn't he invite Nigel Forage centre stage to share the honours with him?

I think everyone in the UK thinks Boris Johnson is one of our greatest politicians!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

This is a stupid post, Turkey won't join the EU as it doesn't meet the criteria, and Brexit does not stop non-EU migrants reaching the UK. Do you not read the news?

Why was it a stupid post?  Your response ignores all of my comments and then switch to pointing out Turkey isnt part of the EU

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Br Cornelius said:

It has been explained before that this n is not how free movement works, and if you want the proof look at the non-German Turkish population of Germany for the reason why.

Br Cornelius

And it has been pointed out before why the free movement policy affects the ability of undocumented migrants to move around.

Its not rocket science.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Br Cornelius
1 hour ago, Grey Area said:

And it has been pointed out before why the free movement policy affects the ability of undocumented migrants to move around.

Its not rocket science.

It really has negligible effects on movement of illegals. Why not just admit that your peddling a scare story.

Br Cornelius

15 hours ago, RAyMO said:

Are you really stating he needs an investigation by third parties to tell him where is was

Given what's gone on in the last 18 months or more I don't think its unreasonable to think the PM might not be sure of where he was, or what he was doing on a particular day, off the top of his head.

It may not need an official investigation but this and a police investigation was demanded by others. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

It's irrelevant what the typical or usual sanction might be. High Office demands high standards.  Maybe you're more familiar with the phrasing Stan Lee used.

Boris, himself, signed off on the Ministerial Code stating that he and his Government "must uphold the very highest standards of propriety."

To expand on this The Code "should be read against the background of the overarching duty on Ministers to comply with the law and to protect the integrity of public life."

You assert the "jury is out" on what may, or may not be an appropriate action.  Let's look for guidance in Boris' Code shall we?

Call me cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if there a hint of apprehension of bias in the PM's decision on Boris' course of conduct.

It's difficult makes a case for just one of his Seven Principles of Public Life that he didn't breach: Selflessness; Integrity; Objectivity; Accountability; Openness; Honesty; or, Leadership

Ain't no [standard] high enough

The code is a mission statement but it is a general objective and if applied to a specific set of circumstances will produce questions on measuring actions against any benchmarks and the code does not give benchmarks just ideals.

It is a typically woolly set of objectives common in politics and business. 

For example Starmer's lunch with booze he described as not of the same order as a typical Boris party yet who draws the line, in that case it appears to be the media. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The code is a mission statement but it is a general objective and if applied to a specific set of circumstances will produce questions on measuring actions against any benchmarks and the code does not give benchmarks just ideals.

For example Starmer's lunch with booze he described as not of the same order as a typical Boris party yet who draws the line, in that case it appears to be the media. 

Boris Johnson lies of the last week:

It might be forbidden to say so openly in the House of Commons, but most of Boris Johnson’s political opponents – and, probably, some of his supporters – would agree he has a reputation for telling lies. He has been accused of telling fibs big and small throughout his premiership on everything from Brexit to the Downing Street parties.

So how did he do this week? The Guardian has looked at his various statements and rated them for honesty.

Truth and lies: how honest was Boris Johnson this week? | Boris Johnson | The Guardian

Edited by The Silver Shroud

14 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

The whole thing is trial by media. The BBC spends two weeks & counting on this in a desperate bid to force him to resign & didn't spend 5 minutes on a Labour MP accepting half a million pounds from a Chinese spy, but apparently the BBC is impartial or even on the side of the tory 'establishment'. Don't make me laugh.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Given what's gone on in the last 18 months or more I don't think its unreasonable to think the PM might not be sure of where he was, or what he was doing on a particular day, off the top of his head.

It may not need an official investigation but this and a police investigation was demanded by others. 

We are all the same, how would we know what we did, or if we did crimes, if we did not have the police investigate for us?  I thought I had a quiet day in work yesterday, but without a proper investigation who could know for certain? Maybe I robbed a bank, how would I know? We will have to wait and see.

19 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

We are all the same, how would we know what we did, or if we did crimes, if we did not have the police investigate for us?  I thought I had a quiet day in work yesterday, but without a proper investigation who could know for certain? Maybe I robbed a bank, how would I know? We will have to wait and see.

Are you the PM  :nw:

We are told that our memory is mailable and not to be trusted, this is bought up often in other areas of this forum. 

So yes, we are all the same, with vague or imperfect memory. ;)

Just under 50% of Northern Irelands voters believe being in the UK is better for them. controlled by an Tory dominated parliament. 

But even with that, Old Boris gets a whopping -82% negative rating for his performance as prime minister. 

And just to be clear that is much much lower than any other politician in the group. 

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius
37 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Just under 50% of Northern Irelands voters believe being in the UK is better for them. controlled by an Tory dominated parliament. 

But even with that, Old Boris gets a whopping -82% negative rating for his performance as prime minister. 

And just to be clear that is much much lower than any other politician in the group. 

Surprisingly the N.Irish are very conservative and actually value honesty and integrity above all else, to an Ulsterman your word is your bond. Boris's behaviour will have deeply offended them for sure and hanging them out to dry over Brexit will not have helped.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

A total of 13 Tory MPs have now publicly called for the PM to go, with eight revealing they have submitted letters of no confidence in him.

MSN

Fifth aide quits Boris Johnson's Number 10 as exodus continues

Sky news

16 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Wow really?  A sphincter says wha?

You are right to suggest perhaps I and others should have been more politically aware before 2016. Boris Johnson has really exposed Tory politics as being incredibly selfish, even to the extent of damaging the UK to ensure they stay in power. And I was naive to the extent of the xenophobia in the UK, I thought we were all generally happy with the status quo. The problem is, I like Europe, I like its art, culture, food and beaches! I like Europeans! So it is hard for me to emphasise with people who mutter about hating foreigners and love a day at Bognor or Skegness with knotted handkerchiefs on their heads and their trousers rolled up.

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

You are right to suggest perhaps I and others should have been more politically aware before 2016.

I find it interesting that you point and shout at those who voted leave, and yet you existed in a state of apathy, while others were motivated to take a position. However your apathy played a part in the decision that was made.  But it’s done now.

Boris Johnson has really exposed Tory politics as being incredibly selfish, even to the extent of damaging the UK to ensure they stay in power.

There will never be a satisfactory government, as party politics is by its very nature adversary and polarising.  It appalls me that I have to pick a number of policies I hate to go along with one that I might feel is important.

And I was naive to the extent of the xenophobia in the UK, I thought we were all generally happy with the status quo.

You are naive to think that the few cases that the media depicts are representative of the nation as a whole.  The Media, with the single partial exception of the BBC, is a business model whose revenue is dependant on making you read or watch, and to a certain extent agree with them.

That xenophobia exists is certain.  Do they exist in the numbers that you would like us to believe, I don’t know.  My not insignificant experience of society, including a great deal of experience working with rural youth services to tackle county lines issues, is that it is a very very small number of people who are genuinely xenophobic.

It is okay to raise concerns and issues about immigration.  We need to be able to talk about it without fear of being labelled racist or xenophobic.

Whats your experience?  I’m not talking about what you read in the media, truly, how many of these abundant xenophobes have you crossed paths with?  I can wholeheartedly say, I’ve met some really uneducated misguided people, but those with a genuine dislike of others because they are foreign I could count on two hands.

The problem is, I like Europe, I like its art, culture, food and beaches! I like Europeans!

As do I.  I also like other cultures.  I like Americans and Canadians.  There is a special place in my heart for Brazilians.  I don’t need to belong to a trading bloc to appreciate any of those things, and while I do have some fantastic Brazilian friends, that doesn’t mean I have to like the political regime they are beholden to.

So it is hard for me to emphasise with people who mutter about hating foreigners and love a day at Bognor or Skegness with knotted handkerchiefs on their heads and their trousers rolled up.

This is what I mean.  Go to Bognor or Skeggy.  How many people will you see that fit that profile?  You are Caricaturing  a cross section of society, probably because you have been told that is how it is.

The very thing you accuse leavers of, discriminating against others, without having any real world knowledge of, you yourself are doing.

This is a life of nuance, not black and white like the papers you read.

• Thanks 1

Guest Br Cornelius

Any talk of nuanced arguments will fall on deaf ear until you can acknowledge that the main motivation for brexit was avoidance of new EU money laundering regulations which would have impacted the square miles offshoring operations massively. Billionaires and criminals financed the brexit campaign to protect their assets. 
If you cannot acknowledge that this was a primary factor then you are incapable of honest nuance.

Br Cornelius

2 hours ago, Grey Area said:

So it is hard for me to emphasise with people who mutter about hating foreigners and love a day at Bognor or Skegness with knotted handkerchiefs on their heads and their trousers rolled up

:D   Jesus, I think he's confusing a 1970s comedy sit-com with real life, or is that the level that the Lib Dem central propaganda dept. is issuing these days.

Edited by itsnotoutthere

On 2/4/2022 at 11:23 AM, The Silver Shroud said:

Remoaners think life would be different under Liebour! It would be worse, we would be wealthier, warmer and more free,but we would have Polish neighbors! Imagine having to listen to people speak in foreign languages. 

Short memories some people. This is why younger people tend to vote Labour, because they've never experienced what it's like to be governed by them.

Guest Br Cornelius
5 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Short memories some people. This is why younger people tend to vote Labour, because they've never experienced what it's like to be governed by them.

As much as I hate the Blaire new labour thing - the country was consistently in the black until the bankers drove the train off the tracks. I think its you who have the selective memory.

Br Cornelius

2 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

Any talk of nuanced arguments will fall on deaf ear until you can acknowledge that the main motivation for brexit was avoidance of new EU money laundering regulations which would have impacted the square miles offshoring operations massively. Billionaires and criminals financed the brexit campaign to protect their assets. 
If you cannot acknowledge that this was a primary factor then you are incapable of honest nuance.

Br Cornelius

Well if we listen to you, BR or Silver then the main motivation was xenophobia, now suddenly it’s a CT about Money laundering and the financing of the campaigns.  So which is it?

Why would acknowledgement of that be the only qualifier for accepting nuance?

That makes zero sense, and thankfully, you are the last person qualified to get to decide who is capable of nuance.

Edited by Grey Area

Guest Br Cornelius
19 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well if we listen to you, BR or Silver then the main motivation was xenophobia, now suddenly it’s a CT about Money laundering and the financing of the campaigns.  So which is it?

Why would acknowledgement of that be the only qualifier for accepting nuance?

That makes zero sense, and thankfully, you are the last person qualified to get to decide who is capable of nuance.

Its both. The criminals and spivs manipulated the xenophobes to deliver their tax haven. Simple.

https://medium.com/the-jist/was-eu-tax-evasion-regulation-the-reason-for-the-brexit-referendum-980ba88a8077

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius

21 minutes ago, Br Cornelius said:

Its both. The criminals and spivs manipulated the xenophobes to deliver their tax haven. Simple.

https://medium.com/the-jist/was-eu-tax-evasion-regulation-the-reason-for-the-brexit-referendum-980ba88a8077

Br Cornelius

Using their hypnotic x-ray eyes no doubt.

Guest Br Cornelius
10 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Using their hypnotic x-ray eyes no doubt.

Advertising/propaganda will do it, no need for x-ray eyes (which by the way aren't real).
When Billions of assets are at stake whats a few hundred million invested in propaganda ?

I think this sums up what I mean:

9b0dab20514e4f629643f00e451eff0f_18.jpg

Br Cornelius

Edited by Br Cornelius