Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The whole world now mocks the UK as a Circus led by a clown

Silver

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Now I'm just offended.:lol:

That's why they keep saying it.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Br Cornelius said:

Its both. The criminals and spivs manipulated the xenophobes to deliver their tax haven. Simple.

https://medium.com/the-jist/was-eu-tax-evasion-regulation-the-reason-for-the-brexit-referendum-980ba88a8077

Br Cornelius

Well done for catching on that the reasons are myriad and not exclusive to one thing or section of society.

Kind of flies in the face of previous rhetoric but hey.

1 hour ago, Br Cornelius said:

Its both. The criminals and spivs manipulated the xenophobes to deliver their tax haven. Simple.

https://medium.com/the-jist/was-eu-tax-evasion-regulation-the-reason-for-the-brexit-referendum-980ba88a8077

Br Cornelius

1 hour ago, Br Cornelius said:

Br Cornelius

The article offers the suggestion that may have been why Cameron called for the referendum.

If that was true, and it is a conspiracy theory, it was not included as part of the campaign rhetoric and remained largely unknown by the population as a whole.

As such, does that in some way invalidate the reasons that people voted the way they did?

On 2/4/2022 at 12:17 PM, The Silver Shroud said:

Actually, Brexit has been so successful, why are people even still debating it? What is not to like about Brexit? Every day our news media are showing us how we have benefited. Our farmers and fishermen are delighted, industry is thriving, and we have the greatest, most honourable PM leading us! Why doesn't he invite Nigel Forage centre stage to share the honours with him?

I think everyone in the UK thinks Boris Johnson is one of our greatest politicians!

Well, thats because you cannot let it go lmao.

Its been a while since you lost, holding onto your obsession isn`t very constructive.

• Like 2

Guest Br Cornelius
9 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well done for catching on that the reasons are myriad and not exclusive to one thing or section of society.

Kind of flies in the face of previous rhetoric but hey.

The article offers the suggestion that may have been why Cameron called for the referendum.

If that was true, and it is a conspiracy theory, it was not included as part of the campaign rhetoric and remained largely unknown by the population as a whole.

As such, does that in some way invalidate the reasons that people voted the way they did?

What the people voted for and what the backers (propagandists) were motivated by are entirely different things, as you say that is nuance.

Br Cornelius

15 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

You are right to suggest perhaps I and others should have been more politically aware before 2016. Boris Johnson has really exposed Tory politics as being incredibly selfish, even to the extent of damaging the UK to ensure they stay in power. And I was naive to the extent of the xenophobia in the UK, I thought we were all generally happy with the status quo. The problem is, I like Europe, I like its art, culture, food and beaches! I like Europeans! So it is hard for me to emphasise with people who mutter about hating foreigners and love a day at Bognor or Skegness with knotted handkerchiefs on their heads and their trousers rolled up.

Sounds like you would be happier living on the continent.

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Well, thats because you cannot let it go lmao.

Its been a while since you lost, holding onto your obsession isn`t very constructive.

You're right, it's getting boring now going over the same territory. I've noticed that the remainers are posting topics now unrelated to Brexit and then steering the conversation onto Brexit. Think it's time to talk about other stuff. Think i'll give it a break.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 12:38 AM, L.A.T.1961 said:

The code is a mission statement but it is a general objective and if applied to a specific set of circumstances will produce questions on measuring actions against any benchmarks and the code does not give benchmarks just ideals.

It is a typically woolly set of objectives common in politics and business. 

For example Starmer's lunch with booze he described as not of the same order as a typical Boris party yet who draws the line, in that case it appears to be the media. 

It's Boris' Code for his government.  Starmer is not included.

It's nothing new that high standards are expected of high office.  Boris affirmed this.  He set the standard himself.

The fine that might apply to normal mums and dads doesn't have bearing on a Minister bound by Boris' Code.