Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The whole world now mocks the UK as a Circus led by a clown


Silver
 Share

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

Its not patriotic to follow leaders who are destroying the UK's economy and future, leaders who cynically backed brexit to get elected to power and knew the economic consequences that would ensue (Johnson clearly stated so himself before he switched sides). Been patriotic is doing whats best for the country and its citizens. Been a brexiters and been a patriot are incompatible.

As Rees-Mogg would say "your pain is worth it for my gain".

 

Unwrap yourself from that flag which you dishonor.

 

Br Cornelius

European union was crossing the limits and was trying to dictate foreign policy and laws. As long as EU remained a financial institution and a standardization body it was fine, but it started to encroach into political territory. That's why brexit is ok. If EU wants it can allow all trade to resume without fuss. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kartikg said:

European union was crossing the limits and was trying to dictate foreign policy and laws. As long as EU remained a financial institution and a standardization body it was fine, but it started to encroach into political territory.

The UK had a veto. We could not be co-opted into something we didn't want to be part of.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, acute said:

The UK had a veto. We could not be co-opted into something we didn't want to be part of.

 

This is a valid point but if the UK continuously opted out at what point in reality would we stop being a serious active member. 

We were already considered to be the black sheep of the family, and holding back the EU, long before brexit and because of this any requests made by UK were not received with much enthusiasm. 

You could argue in some respects the UK had left the EU long before the referendum vote. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 1:33 PM, Grey Area said:

Name a politician at that level that doesn’t use the position for their own advancement?

When senior ministers reach that level they have vast careers and appointments that make the hundred and something thousand a year look like their nephews birthday money.

This is not a U.K. thing, it’s endemic across the world, and the EU is no different.

Sadly, and I wish this weren’t true, this will blow over in a few weeks, and the whole incident will be relegated to the odd documentary and new year ‘do you remember?’ Shows.

Blown over? Repeated assaults on democracy, decency, honesty, and the integrity of the UK, and you, a Brexiter, because you are tired of hearing people speaking in foreign languages in your home town, are prepared to see our rights, democracy, and a reasonable standard of living destroyed? You seem an educated person unlike some of the posters here, why do you want to sell our country down the river to keep the ignorant likes of the elite who run our country in power? Do you honestly think they care about you?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Blown over? Repeated assaults on democracy, decency, honesty, and the integrity of the UK, and you, a Brexiter, because you are tired of hearing people speaking in foreign languages in your home town, are prepared to see our rights, democracy, and a reasonable standard of living destroyed? You seem an educated person unlike some of the posters here, why do you want to sell our country down the river to keep the ignorant likes of the elite who run our country in power? Do you honestly think they care about you?

gosh, that’s a rant and a half.  Not sure what part of my post you read that made you think I was endorsing or even happy with the actions of Boris?

I would like to see the back of the idiot.  Though I suspect the next one won’t be much better.

But in all honesty Boris is like a goddam limpet, and there’s a very real chance he’ll keep his job.

And no, I am not tired of hearing foreign voices and all the other vague stereotypes you like to apply to those you disagree with.  I resent that comment wholeheartedly and never in all my time posting have I ever given, or defended any form of racism or hatred of anyone, and have dedicated a great proportion of my working life supporting unaccompanied minors, in the largest and arguably most multicultural local authority in Europe.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 10:53 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

In some respects I agree, Perhaps Boris should go, but problem is we have to be sure he's not replaced by a remainer and ignore the wishes of the people. Perhaps if Lord Frost or Jacob takes over it would be for the better.

and you know those? how?

a week is a long time in politics - 5 years?

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 3:37 PM, L.A.T.1961 said:

I don't think its a good idea, however it might look, to accept responsibility for something until some facts are known.

Are you really stating he needs an investigation by third parties to tell him where is was, when. to tell him if he attended these parties or not. 

Boris knows the facts lied about them and went for an internal investigation he thought he could control because the report would be handed to him to decide its publication. 

He was bounced by his own party into agreeing to make it fully public (which he is trying to roll back on) - because they know as we all know that Boris is an incompetent and a liar, and an 'incompetent liar' to boot. 

Edited by RAyMO
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/2/2022 at 10:53 AM, itsnotoutthere said:

In some respects I agree, Perhaps Boris should go, but problem is we have to be sure he's not replaced by a remainer and ignore the wishes of the people. Perhaps if Lord Frost or Jacob takes over it would be for the better.

Imagine our PM was replaced by someone with knowledge and intelligence? What would become of Brexit then? Brexit and common-sense are incompatible. We need wealthy elites like JRM and Dishy Rishy to keep us in our place, and stop us getting too wealthy in case we get too uppity and expect too much. The workers need to doff hats and say "Blimey sir, you are such a gent, I thought you had seen me for a moment! You toffs don't need to follow the rules you tell us to follow, cos you are right posh, you are, cor blimey, JRM in his top hat, let's get our best daughter ready for him."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Imagine our PM was replaced by someone with knowledge and intelligence? What would become of Brexit then? Brexit and common-sense are incompatible. We need wealthy elites like JRM and Dishy Rishy to keep us in our place, and stop us getting too wealthy in case we get too uppity and expect too much. The workers need to doff hats and say "Blimey sir, you are such a gent, I thought you had seen me for a moment! You toffs don't need to follow the rules you tell us to follow, cos you are right posh, you are, cor blimey, JRM in his top hat, let's get our best daughter ready for him."

Yes, Smarmer Starmer or Commie Corbyn or even Dianne (how many fingers am I holding up ) Abbott would be much better. :D

510461769_EwwxfR0WYcopy.thumb.jpg.64f0cb17bf9fe9418af07ed9c51232c4.jpg

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

and you know those? how?

a week is a long time in politics - 5 years?

It was never the wishes of the people. I didn't vote, because I thought no-one would be so stupid. Many of us. And the angry voters, who thought remain would naturally win. It was a right wing coup. In some ways, shardenfraude in that they are now suffering.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

It was never the wishes of the people.

The majority vote gets it, so you can speculate about the vague number of those that didn’t vote but somehow feel they have the right to outrage, but the numbers, politically speaking, certainly say it was the will of the people.

 

9 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I didn't vote, because I thought no-one would be so stupid.

So you bang on about how important this vote was, how profound the change, but didn’t vote cos you thought it was in the bag?  Who’s stupid?

 

10 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

It was a right wing coup.

It was an election campaign promise.  Like I say, party politics… Completely broken.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

 Who’s stupid?

You.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

You.

And when our cost of living becomes difficult you will realise that.

Edited by The Silver Shroud
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Four senior aides to Boris Johnson have resigned from Downing Street within hours of each other amid growing pressure on the prime minister.

Director of communications Jack Doyle confirmed his exit shortly after the departure of policy head Munira Mirza.

They were followed by the chief of staff Dan Rosenfield and senior civil servant Martin Reynolds.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-60253231

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

You.

Wow really?  A sphincter says wha?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Paul Givan has announced his resignation as first minister of Northern Ireland, effective from midnight.

The move is part of the Democratic Unionist Party's (DUP) protest against the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Mr Givan's resignation automatically means Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill, of Sinn Féin, also loses her position.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60241608

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Br Cornelius
4 minutes ago, Eldorado said:

Paul Givan has announced his resignation as first minister of Northern Ireland, effective from midnight.

The move is part of the Democratic Unionist Party's (DUP) protest against the Northern Ireland Protocol.

Mr Givan's resignation automatically means Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill, of Sinn Féin, also loses her position.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60241608

Another poor sap who actually believed Johnsons Lies.
How this will pan out is that the other parties will wait till May and the assembly elections where upon the DUP are no longer an issue. Unfortunately the people will suffer in the meantime.

Br Cornelius

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Wow really?  A sphincter says wha?

I'm genuinely sorry if I am rude. But even the Telegraph is publishing articles saying Bunter should go:The party’s over, Prime Minister – it’s time to resign (archive.is)

It won't be long before they are forced to accept the economic policies he introduced on the back of Brexit support are damaging.

Name one, just one, benefit of Brexit that doesn't include not having to hear a Polish or Slovakian accent at the bus stop (while the workers are helping our economy and society). Because that is just about all we have achieved so far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/3/2022 at 1:37 AM, L.A.T.1961 said:

I don't think its a good idea, however it might look, to accept responsibility for something until some facts are known. This information reached the press via unidentified leaks.

Its not that long ago we were being told the Russians were influencing media and planting stories and the drip feed of partygate information could look like a plot against the UK government. Instead its more likely to be the 30 odd anti Boris MP's and an unknown number of civil servants who have an axe to grind.

So not apologizing and by association accepting blame, or involvement, is not attempting to dodge but something a good brief might advise a client to do.

Boris has since repeatedly apologized for what went on. 

As we know Starmer was also photographed with others drinking at work, yet he claimed his situation was less important and the press seemed to agree as they largely ignored the story.

So have Boris and others at number 10 broken lock down rules, probably, does this require he and others resign over it.

Well, as the offence would usually attract a small fine, then I think the jury is out on that and possibly the few who have lost jobs did so due to the rabid politics employed in the UK.  

Despite what it might look like the UK is usually somewhere that is inclined to give people a second chance and behave in a proportionate fashion. ;)

Not immediately throw a rope over the nearest lamp post.  

It's irrelevant what the typical or usual sanction might be. High Office demands high standards.  Maybe you're more familiar with the phrasing Stan Lee used.

Boris, himself, signed off on the Ministerial Code stating that he and his Government "must uphold the very highest standards of propriety."

To expand on this The Code "should be read against the background of the overarching duty on Ministers to comply with the law and to protect the integrity of public life."

You assert the "jury is out" on what may, or may not be an appropriate action.  Let's look for guidance in Boris' Code shall we?

Quote

Ministers only remain in office for so long as they retain the confidence of the Prime Minister. He is the ultimate judge of the standards of behaviour expected of a Minister and the appropriate consequences of a breach of those standards.

Call me cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if there a hint of apprehension of bias in the PM's decision on Boris' course of conduct.

It's difficult makes a case for just one of his Seven Principles of Public Life that he didn't breach: Selflessness; Integrity; Objectivity; Accountability; Openness; Honesty; or, Leadership

Ain't no [standard] high enough

Edited by Golden Duck
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

It's irrelevant what the typical or usual sanction might be. High Office demands high standards.  Maybe you're more familiar with the phrasing Stan Lee used.

Boris, himself, signed off on the Ministerial Code stating that he and his Government "must uphold the very highest standards of propriety."

To expand on this The Code "should be read against the background of the overarching duty on Ministers to comply with the law and to protect the integrity of public life."

You assert the "jury is out" on what may, or may not be an appropriate action.  Let's look for guidance in Boris' Code shall we?

Call me cynical but I wouldn't be surprised if there a hint of apprehension of bias in the PM's decision on Boris' course of conduct.

It's difficult makes a case for just one of his Seven Principles of Public Life that he didn't breach: Selflessness; Integrity; Objectivity; Accountability; Openness; Honesty; or, Leadership

Ain't no [standard] high enough

Politicians resigning in disgust are showing "Boris is taking charge", say his allies:Boris Johnson news latest: Fifth aide leaves Downing Street as minister says PM ‘taking charge’ | The Independent

Boris is clearing out the swamp that is Westminster?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I'm genuinely sorry if I am rude. But even the Telegraph is publishing articles saying Bunter should go:The party’s over, Prime Minister – it’s time to resign (archive.is)

I have not said he shouldn’t go

 

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

It won't be long before they are forced to accept the economic policies he introduced on the back of Brexit support are damaging.

I’m sure.  Let’s find solutions then, that don’t involve toys leaving prams and all that.

 

1 hour ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Name one, just one, benefit of Brexit that doesn't include not having to hear a Polish or Slovakian accent at the bus stop (while the workers are helping our economy and society). Because that is just about all we have achieved so far.

What’s the point?  You don’t want to hear it.  As soon as it’s said you’ll run right back to the rags to top up your outrage.

The racist xenophobe argument you espouse is quite frankly getting a bit old now.  I am not saying that there aren’t morally reprehensible people that voted Brexit, but conversely I am sure there were despicable characters that voted remain.

I worked with a family a few years ago and had a conversation with a chap who voted to remain, he’s in jail now doing ten years for abusing his children.  Are all remainers child abusers?

The xenophobe argument is cheap, move on.

Brexit didn’t end immigration, nor did it stop anyone hearing different accents.  What it did do, hypothetically, was remove the issue for the U.K. of the likes of Merkell inviting millions of economic migrants into Germany, without thinking about where else they would or could go with free movement.

Ultimately the conversation is pointless, toxic, as the people with loudest voices are trapped in their own media bubbles of confirmation bias.  Sad.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remoaners think life would be different under Liebour! It would be worse, we would be wealthier, warmer and more free,but we would have Polish neighbors! Imagine having to listen to people speak in foreign languages. 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

I have not said he shouldn’t go

 

I’m sure.  Let’s find solutions then, that don’t involve toys leaving prams and all that.

 

What’s the point?  You don’t want to hear it.  As soon as it’s said you’ll run right back to the rags to top up your outrage.

The racist xenophobe argument you espouse is quite frankly getting a bit old now.  I am not saying that there aren’t morally reprehensible people that voted Brexit, but conversely I am sure there were despicable characters that voted remain.

I worked with a family a few years ago and had a conversation with a chap who voted to remain, he’s in jail now doing ten years for abusing his children.  Are all remainers child abusers?

The xenophobe argument is cheap, move on.

Brexit didn’t end immigration, nor did it stop anyone hearing different accents.  What it did do, hypothetically, was remove the issue for the U.K. of the likes of Merkell inviting millions of economic migrants into Germany, without thinking about where else they would or could go with free movement.

Ultimately the conversation is pointless, toxic, as the people with loudest voices are trapped in their own media bubbles of confirmation bias.  Sad.

This is a stupid post, Turkey won't join the EU as it doesn't meet the criteria, and Brexit does not stop non-EU migrants reaching the UK. Do you not read the news?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Br Cornelius
Quote

Brexit didn’t end immigration, nor did it stop anyone hearing different accents.  What it did do, hypothetically, was remove the issue for the U.K. of the likes of Merkell inviting millions of economic migrants into Germany, without thinking about where else they would or could go with free movement.

It has been explained before that this n is not how free movement works, and if you want the proof look at the non-German Turkish population of Germany for the reason why.

Br Cornelius

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.