Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

German university's new camera system is designed to detect UFOs

UM-Bot

57 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Can someone develop a camera system designed to detect a bigfoots? 

Trail and game cams have tried, but we just don't have the technological know-how to beat Bigfoots out of focus zone projection.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It looks like a portable air conditioner.

• Haha 1

Interesting that a reputable university and a recognized scholar would involve themselves in the search for evidence for UFOs. It seems to be a very new sign of the times, in which the subject of UFOs is taken seriously.

Dr. Kayal  acknowledges that evidence already exists for objects that remain unidentified, even after thorough investigation. He obviously believes that the evidence is substantial enough to justify the collection of more of the same.

Since some UFOs remain persistently unidentified, the extraterrestrial intelligence hypothesis can not be ruled out. This is in agreement with the conclusions of the recent report on UFOs, released by the United States military establishment. 

• Confused 4

25 minutes ago, bison said:

Interesting that a reputable university and a recognized scholar would involve themselves in the search for evidence for UFOs. It seems to be a very new sign of the times, in which the subject of UFOs is taken seriously.

Dr. Kayal  acknowledges that evidence already exists for objects that remain unidentified, even after thorough investigation. He obviously believes that the evidence is substantial enough to justify the collection of more of the same.

Since some UFOs remain persistently unidentified, the extraterrestrial intelligence hypothesis can not be ruled out. This is in agreement with the conclusions of the recent report on UFOs, released by the United States military establishment. 

By definition no rational person says there are no UFOs only a loons make a jump from "i dont know so it must be aliens"

UFO doesnt mean aliens, and once the UFO is identified its no longer a UFO if still a UFO then making a jump to it must be aliens is a silly wishful reach when there are still countless prosaic mundain things it more likely is,

Can i rule out aliens? no of course not can you rule out xxxx, nope.

• Like 3

You mean there's a 1990s flip phone in that box?

Oh, and the box will need to simulate an earthquake while the phone captures it's ultra low rez fuzzy images. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/9/2022 at 10:03 AM, bison said:

Why is that interesting? They are not looking for evidence of UFOs. We *know* those exist. And they have always been taken seriously. This is just a new means of trying to figure out what some of them are. 

Nothing new there. All researchers essentially acknowledge that we don’t know what UFOs are, hence the denotation. 

No, nothing can be ruled out. As has been stated an infinite amount of times even on this very forum. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2022 at 5:04 AM, jethrofloyd said:

Not until we get our heads around the obvious alien technology that Bigfoot employs as its “active photographic blurring disguise”..

Cheers,

Badeskov

Edited by badeskov
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/9/2022 at 8:04 AM, jethrofloyd said:

Do you want the traditional blurry lens on the camera? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Do you want the traditional blurry lens on the camera? 

Yes. I can't go squatchin' without the traditional blurry lens. :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Yes. I can't go squatchin' without the traditional blurry lens. :whistle:

Those squatches are way smarter than we humans, which is why they've been able to dispose of all their dead without a trace, for millennia. No wonder they can also avoid being captured in images with modern cameras. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii

After we had a house built in the Andes, Chile we decided to leave one of the HD security cameras facing one of the volcanoes. In that time we've captured some strange things, lights shining down from above onto the forest, a low flying cloud which flew towards the volcano, probs did 30km in 1 second and some strange lights through the forest. All documented, Amazing

52 minutes ago, KVM10 said:

probs did 30km in 1 second and some strange lights through the forest. All documented, Amazing

That's roughly 108,000 km per hour or 67,000, miles per hour. That's about thirty times faster than the fastest plane ever.

What factors did you use to estimate that speed?

You say that they are documented. Does that mean personally or have you posted them online anywhere?

The house is located 30km from an active volcano, we have a straight line of sight from the roof which is a two story building. I was able to estimate the distance traveled as it was recorded and it was not the first time.

The first time I was actually on the roof setting up my camera for some night time lapse photography of the stars. Whiles sending my friend a video Whatsapp of my camera setup, this 'cloud' whizzed passed me at eye level at tremendous speed. In the video I'm left flabbergasted with the comment 'what the **** was that!!!? It was about the size of a car, it was impossible to miss its presence, its rate of speed floored me! 

As it was night, the video is poor but when you watch it, the phone camera focus's from the DSLR camera setup to whatever is flying behind it as it had a whitish glow to it. It flies a stretched S pattern straight towards volcano and reaches the summit in about 1 second!!!

Each time we visit the house I set up cameras to capture amazing night shots for personal use. In many of the thousand shots there have been some strange ones. In my previous post one of my favorites is the one of a light shining down over the forest illuminating a tall 25m fern from above, the tree is about 50 meters away.. The photo was again taken from the roof of the house on a 20 second open shutter. The light source must have been a low dim and stayed in one specific place from above. This odd shot only appears in one frame out of 800. Taken at 02.00hrs. The property is in a rural area, zero light pollution.

Another is a fiery orange ball flying in and out of low flying clouds during a thunderstorm eerie as it comes especially as there's lighting all around it. That was recorded from a 5km distance. That video is about 1 minute in length.

For this reason we have one dedicated camera pointing towards the same route that  'cloud' took

All personally experienced and non of the media is on-line or officially reported. First time I've written about it :) 

Edited by KVM10
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, KVM10 said:

All personally experienced and non of the media is on-line or officially reported. First time I've written about it

Thanks for your reply.

Do you have any plans to post any of the videos? They sound very interesting.

• Like 1

I'm torn on this subject as it could get used by others for their gain (social media), although the wife does say that I at least must report it to the MUFON. I'll see :) What I do know is that I cannot wait to travel back again, get up on that roof and start on some photography! 

1.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, KVM10 said:

1.jpg

I'm by no means an expert on photography.

That looks to be a meteor, to me. That's pretty much the only known object that could reach the speeds you have estimated. (Not sure if that's the object you were describing earlier.)

If you're interested and if they are interested, @ChrLzs would be able to help you out much better than myself.

Maybe start a thread with any videos or other pictures you'd be willing to share.

PS. That's a gorgeous picture of the night sky regardless! 

It seems to be a very new sign of the times, in which the subject of UFOs is taken seriously.

New times  are old times.  Belief is again as important as truth.  Besides, there is money in it.  Maybe even some Kickstarter grants. 

On 2/10/2022 at 4:03 AM, bison said:

Why would we not investigate UFO's?  The primary reasons are surely:

- expanding our knowledge

- identifying potential hazards for our increasing air traffic.

Note that I'm not talking about MUFON and other pretenders that wouldn't know science when it bit them on the ****.. The problem comes in when those people falsely/ignorantly claim that some of the UFO's are doing amazing maneuvers that couldn't possibly be terrestrial.  That will continue to (rightly) not be taken seriously, until there is actual evidence of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

That looks to be a meteor, to me.

Me too.  I'd even take a wild stab that it's a Perseid...  but I'm little puzzled by the sky orientation - did you say you were in Chile, KVM10?

Could also be a satellite catching the overhead sunrays - here's a similar shot of mine
med_gallery_95887_40_19548.jpg
.. that's an Iridium satellite and they are notorious for doing this... 

That's pretty much the only known object that could reach the speeds you have estimated. (Not sure if that's the object you were describing earlier.)

Guesstimating speeds is a black art.  If you don't do it very carefully, you'll get it wrong.  Gotta be honest, my first thought about that description of the object flying over the person's shoulder and then vanishing in the distance.... well, it sounds like the effect you'll get when a moth flies by and is briefly illuminated by your phone or torch...  Huge angular velocity as it crosses the field of view, but the actual velocity is just a few miles per hour...

If you're interested and if they are interested, @ChrLzs would be able to help you out much better than myself.

I'd be happy to help, but it sounds like he doesn't wish to publish..  In which case my analysis is:

Cool story, bro.

• Thanks 1

Hello all, the photo I put up was just a shooting star I caught over our house. 

The object I observed was at eye level but at 14 meters high, I was of significant size and nothing that I'd ever seen before. It about ahead of me too. It could be natural but it was unmistakable too! It's not the first time we've seen strange objects. During the volcanic eruptions we saw several lights flying around and into the crater before and during the eruption.  

Signing off, all I can add is to keep looking up. 

• Haha 1

Hi KVM,

you know that what you observed was 14 meters up? May I ask how you made that estimate?

And you call it an object, yet admit that you don’t know if it was a natural phenomenon or not (the former probably not being an object at all).

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi Badeskov

I made the height estimate as I was standing on that part of my home which is about 14m high, plus my height. So for me it was at eye level but off the ground.

It's pretty hard to describe something you've never experienced before. I've seen your typical lights in the sky etc but I've never seen something which resembled a cloud? It might have been anything else of what we don't yet know about of this planet which can be regarded as natural. I just don't know, but what I can tell you it was as real as seeing something physical. In the video I describe it as such. 

It was big, it had a luminescence to it as it was this which caught the corner of my vision. It was most certainly not an LED reflection from my early smartphone camera, poor light short narrow range. 

The same luminescence (within it) followed it towards the volcano summit and it disappeared over it. 

Regards

On 2/16/2022 at 7:07 AM, KVM10 said:

It's pretty hard to describe something you've never experienced before. I've seen your typical lights in the sky etc but I've never seen something which resembled a cloud? It might have been anything else of what we don't yet know about of this planet which can be regarded as natural. I just don't know, but what I can tell you it was as real as seeing something physical. In the video I describe it as such. 

It was big, it had a luminescence to it as it was this which caught the corner of my vision. It was most certainly not an LED reflection from my early smartphone camera, poor light short narrow range.

I saw something similar to this about twenty years ago, a luminescent cloud moving very quickly. It was absolutely stunning... until it flew right over us. It was a huge flock of geese making their usual noise. It turns out they fly at night too. If they hadn't flown close enough to us, we never would have figured out what we were actually looking at.

But you'll say it couldn't be anything like that.

• Like 1