Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reflections on our Future

taniwha

Greetings and good cheer to you all!

I would  like to reach out to all UM members and encourage expression of personal,  thoughts, interests, ideas feelings and experiences on how covid has affected your life thus far and how that finds you where and how you are today!  Please, you are welcome to tell it like it is! 

We have already endured untold challenges to even get this far along the narrative and as we continue headlong into year 3 of the saga or Chapter 3 as I say, I estimate on this board alone there are at least a million and one stories that still havent been told, so now is your chance to fill that gap!

Share or comment daily if you like, if you think it helps there are no limits to what you post or how often you post.  Perhaps some of us feel uncertain for the future as it unfolds but at least here you can be the author of what todays page reads about you. 

Be as candid as much as you feel comfortable but don't stop being your brilliant self ok. I'm sure we are all grown up enough to take one step back in time, clear our heads and remain respectful and non judgemental and react from our hearts instead of our head muscle.

Again be your brilliant self even if you are compelled to speak out just be mindful. 

I will never forget a very wise and very beautiful woman I met on about page 1 of my COVID adventures.  She told me, the real challenge for you (me) is not found in the situation presented you, but rather in how you choose to react to that situation. By your actions will others define you.

But unfortunately I could never remember the saying when it mattered most.  

For some reason I always got confused and my mind would drift. I easily visaged  'Grasshoppers' blind KungFu Master from that classic series 'Kungfu' looking, looking, looking, looking intently into my mind and I would hear his telepathic  best-fake -Chinese-accent voice saying.... " A wise man once said....but a wiser man... twice said...". Yeah I know it makes no sense, right? Hajaja 

Needless to say when eventually she kicked me to the kerb for someone else, and became my ex and me hers, then was I humbled enough to finally understand what it was she had meant. I was not as in control of my emotions as I believed I was.

For the last 2 years the headlines in my morning paper reads:

""Goood looking woman with brain to boot, kicks ass!""" 

Mine!!!!   I miss ya babe xo. Lolol.  By coincidence  Lolol was her real name! 

Ok then ...Simply put, by practicing a good habit you become a better person.

Feeling better about yourself leads to healing

Just as crawling leads  to walking.

At this point if anyone reading this has a friend or family member pass from vax or vid, or other, a sincere apology for your loss from me to you . Personally I have not been so unfortunate NZ is largely unaffected to date. I'm sure it can't have been easy for you to bear and  I hope you are coping ok now

Please destress and release any knotted energy. 

What eats you?  Let us learn from you.

For every one million problems there is a minimum of one million solutions.

Let's practice positive thinking.

Let's unite brains for all our goods if that's how it goes.

No one is less significant or less interesting than the next person or the previous as far as I'm concerned all voices are worthy. 

Post and feel better straight away.  Let the healing begin!

Remember a journey of 1000  miles is best done in fast car lol

Maybe you want to ask a question or give an answer or post a joke or a picture or a meme or a tip on how to cope under weight of a twisted world.

Maybe You need to like a post.

Maybe you want to say one word maybe you will get carried away like me but that's ok. Don't be shy.

Maybe you want to participate by reading only and that's fine too.

Surprise me and make it your own.  I'm not going to dictate I'm just using this post to suggest.

If no post follows this that's fine too.  My wish is that at least one person reading will be helped already in a truly positive way!  I am just by posting 

I'm not after a following. What I say and how I say it is just how I breathe in the air... 

If we all became practiced in the art of humanity then just maybe, all is not lost, and the future can still be won for our kids.

Thanks

Edited by taniwha
Spell check
  • Like 8

Well I guess I will be the first... I think I had covid, but not sure, because I didn't go to get tested. It wasn't bad (IF it was covid). I lost my sense of smell for a bit (that's what made me think it was covid). I've had flus that were worse imo. Coincidentally at a friend's house tonight having supper, I talked with an elderly lady who had covid and she said the main way it affected her was fatigue. She didn't lose her sense of smell. It is a weird disease, this covid...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

None of us is perfect, but if people have perfect intentions then I will listen to them even if I disagree with them!

It's easy to find out if people have perfect intentions because they will share their opinion with respect, and will inspire productive conversations.

Thank you for trying to build bridges between different people.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

On 2/10/2022 at 8:44 PM, taniwha said:

I would  like to reach out to all UM members and encourage expression of personal,  thoughts, interests, ideas feelings and experiences on how covid has affected your life thus far and how that finds you where and how you are today! 

I have been battling covid and other maladies since November of 2020.  I'm getting mighty tired of staying home.  I was in the hospital for nine days and in quarantine for 21.  My wife was exposed, but never caught it - not a case of no symptoms.  She never caught it.

I learned I have two very loving dogs who worry about my wife and I and try hard to help us feel better.  Of course, if the little one didn't have anything to worry about, she's worry about that.

Doug

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was only slightly affected by the pandemic and lockdowns. I’ve postponed some travel plans, and I’ve become  more diligent about using hand sanitizer after using a shopping cart or a gas pump.

My sister’s life may have been saved by being hospitalized for Covid. While in the hospital, she asked her doctor to take a look at a suspicious skin problem. It turned out to be Stage 3 cancer. The doctors got her started on chemo and radiation treatments almost immediately. I told her that she must have a really powerful immune system to be able to recover from Covid even as her body is fighting cancer! She’s back home again, and life is getting back to normal for her and her family.

Edited by simplybill
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:44 PM, taniwha said:

I estimate on this board alone there are at least a million and one stories that still havent been told, so now is your chance to fill that gap!

Over a “million” is how many Americans have actually died, if we look at the excess deaths. 

In terms of “foresight,” when the story of how “Death to America,” would arrive on our shores, in an appropriate thread, it was largely dismissed by the readers here. The truth didn’t matter in August of 2019, so why should it matter to The People now?

When the mechanism of “death and destruction” is literally spelled out for our intelligence services, and they cannot discern or decipher the meaning, then there is no future for U.S..

My sincere advice is to pack your bags, and leave the United States, as soon as you can. Go to where the truth is heard and found to be meaningful. Flee these sinking shores, as if you were running from a whirlwind of fire. 

Google in quotation marks the following unique phrase: "where the word security is meaningless"

The £250k US Spy Challenge for prospective geopolitical forecasters - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/327798-the-%C2%A3250k-us-spy-challenge/#comments

There are many who cry out “Death to America,” on earth, but few who can bring it. Post # 16 - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/327798-the-%C2%A3250k-us-spy-challenge/?do=findComment&comment=6795030

Post #16

• Thanks 1

C889E002-20C9-41D1-BBB8-DDEE577277AC.jpeg.9b4ff204b5a54aeb4232d81fd6fd9a6c.jpeg 

A few days ago I was walking on the indoor track at the YMCA when I happened to look out the window and see this young father taking his kids and his dog for a walk. I captured the moment with my phone camera.

Something about this photo gives me a feeling of hope. I can picture the dog wagging his tail, watching and waiting as Dad gets the kids bundled up in their coats, hats and mittens. Dad helps the kids climb into the wagon, and they head out for an adventure on a cold but sunny afternoon. 

When I see this kind of love and attention from a loving father to his kids, it gives me hope for our future.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2/11/2022 at 3:44 AM, taniwha said:

the real challenge for you (me) is not found in the situation presented you, but rather in how you choose to react to that situation. By your actions will others define you.

But unfortunately I could never remember the saying when it mattered most.  

quote-it-s-not-what-happens-to-you-but-h

I'm curious how the corona madness has affected you?

I think my question is fair since you posted this topic. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 2/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, simplybill said:

When I see this kind of love and attention from a loving father to his kids, it gives me hope for our future.

"How Dr. Jane Goodall Finds Hope In Challenging Times"

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Isabella said:

quote-it-s-not-what-happens-to-you-but-h

I'm curious how the corona madness has affected you?

I think my question is fair since you posted this topic. ;)

Thanks Isabella. I will post more but at the moment time is short.  

I'm not sure I can look at the virus and blame it or the pandemic for what happened in my life, I start looking at myself and wonder if I had been a better poker player might things have turned out differently?  

Your post sums up my present situation not only my past.

I know by the grace of God that there is a better way, so I have now began studies to draw closer to the greatest 'truth' of all.

Maybe all is a blessing in disguise.  

I have been homeless for 2 months living in my car like an outlaw, having lost my job as a truck driver.

Currently I am writing to you from a tent in an occupation protest within Ch-Ch city. We stand against govt mandates and the damage it is causing.

When I can I will post photos

Peace my friend

• Like 1

5 hours ago, taniwha said:

We stand against govt mandates and the damage it is causing.

The mainstream media bears a lot of responsibility for the continued secrecy of the facts surrounding the vaccines, and the corona description!

We are supposed to live in a democracy, but it doesn't feel that way right now because the debate is mostly one-sided!

Many people are very afraid, but fear is the enemy of truth - so thank you for being brave!

By the way, I love my vaccinated and my unvaccinated loved ones because we have accepted each other's decisions like mature people!

I wish the rest of the world would do the same!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

In terms of “hindsight,” our preparation as a species was clearly foolish. Unless you argue that the frail and weaker members of our societies need to be culled like livestock.

The problem with that argument, is that now we likely have just as many who are disabled by the culling agent.

Hindsight should be used to gain more foresight, but we are seeing just the opposite in my country. The stage is being set for an even greater calamity.

Instead of provoking humanity to more humility, we are seeing reckless cowardice.

Yet, it is the humility that comes from truth in hindsight that teaches U.S. courage for a braver tomorrow. We don’t just need to learn from our mistakes in this pandemic, we need to have the courage to say things to the far right, such as …. “Vaccines are like buying millions of guns for your body,” and “a good mask is like using body armor.”

When power poisons the airwaves and it is not corrected in the right way, the left is a failure, also.

If we cry first, then be brave after, the future will be preserved, but without humility there can be no restoration of my country.

Moaning, like the mummy, dies, then cries. Post #6 - https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/topic/332825-the-species-the-world-lost-this-decade/?do=findComment&comment=6901870

Post #6

• Thanks 1

Luckily the pandemic was fairly uneventful for me.   I haven't lost any family members (close or extended) due to covid.  I got vaccinated last spring so that I could fly to Maui for my oldest daughters wedding.  I may have had it.   Not totally sure.  

Going forward, we will see if other variants cause havoc.  More and more places are easing up on restrictions.  Not sure how long the supply issues will persist.  I don't see inflation improving any time soon.    

• Like 2

Denmark opened op recently and I finally see hope in many people's faces again. 

However, I won't forget the mistakes that I think were done - because to learn from history then we should know our history.

At the beginning of this madness I thought that the most intelligent thing to do was to protect the old and the vulnerable, but let the country stay open. I came to that conclusion after analyzing the whole situation from A to Z.

Some years ago we had a very deadly flu here, but the country stayed open and nobody talked about protecting the old and vulnerable (so many of them died) -  even then I talked about protecting the old and vulnerable, and I always stay away from them even if I think I only have a mild cold.

I think many of us know more than we say, but sometimes silence is golden - because sometimes people aren't ready to hear the truth and then it's better to stay silent.

And just let the truth slip out little by little.....

I think the truth will come out in the end because I don't think the truth can be stopped!

Yes, they will try to keep our focus on other things (war for example) - but, again, the truth can't be swept under the carpet!

• Like 2

Here is a short bit interesting insight from Psychotherapist Dr Richard B Joelson, DSW

Change means different things to different people. In therapy and in life, it is important that we always see change as possible and work with determination to achieve our goals

Hindsight Insight Foresight

Hoping everyones future outlooks are remaining intact, and improving :innocent:

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 12:41 AM, Isabella said:

And just let the truth slip out little by little.....

I think the truth will come out in the end because I don't think the truth can be stopped!

Yes, they will try to keep our focus on other things (war for example) - but, again, the truth can't be swept under the carpet!

I wonder if it is acceptable to with hold the truth?

Can it be reasoned that the truth is more detrimental than more healing?

The truth hurts.

The truth heals.

The truth will set you free.

The truth can be used to decieve, it is simply a lie watered down the further upscale you measure, ultimately approaching the only reality I imagine to exist...facts.

The concept of battle for truth and justice intrigues me. It is the nature of man and the bane of resistance.

If the price for freedom was my life, would I die happy?

How many of us today will confront that reality today, or tomorrow?

Again I wonder.

Just some thoughts out loud.

Bless all. :)

• Like 2

On 2/23/2022 at 9:53 PM, taniwha said:

Again I wonder.

Just some thoughts out loud.

Bless all. :)

What is truth?

What is true to you might be nonsense to another. ;)

Sometimes I google things I already know the answer to, but I'm still curious what google says about a certain topic, etc. Sometimes google and I agree, and sometimes we don't.

I hope we always will have the freedom to agree to disagree - because if that kind of freedom disappears then it's the end of humanity.

We humans should always be allowed to disagree - and humanity and machines should always be allowed to disagree.

Our advantage over machines is our emotional intelligence and individuality! 

I mention emotional intelligence and individuality together here because both things are needed to create a positive and creative outcome.

A little touch of madness can also be very productive and wonderful. :lol:

• Like 2

The day we stop questioning is the day we stop learning! 

I just saw this video and I agree with it:

• Like 1

Hmmm... but, if you keep asking questions because the answers don't fit your desired world view....

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Hmmm... but, if you keep asking questions because the answers don't fit your desired world view....

Good question

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 8:16 AM, taniwha said:

Good question

Nothing stays the same on this planet. So new questions will always appear while we live on planet earth.

That's life! 

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius

I had a relatively easy Covid time. I am almost certain that I got it back in Oct 2019 and was fairly ill with it but not terribly ill. Since then I took the restrictions seriously and stayed healthy for the next two years. Managed to go on lots of trips in my campervan and generally enjoyed the experience of been in isolation mostly only  meeting the neighbours at a safe distance as I walked my dog. In some ways it was the happiest two years of my life.
Was ultimately very glad to get the three vaccine shots which allowed me to get back to work and return my life to some sort of normality.
Had to say goodbye to a lot of friends who caught the covid denial bug hard - but ultimately I am glad that they are gone from my life as I said goodbye to the whole conspiratorial way of looking at the world over a decade ago and don't need that sort of crazy negativity in my life.

Br Cornelius

21 hours ago, Isabella said:

Nothing stays the same on this planet. So new questions will always appear while we live on planet earth.

That's life! 

I hope so Isabella.

Life would be too boring should we not at least have the pleasure to seek answers.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Br Cornelius said:

I had a relatively easy Covid time. I am almost certain that I got it back in Oct 2019 and was fairly ill with it but not terribly ill. Since then I took the restrictions seriously and stayed healthy for the next two years. Managed to go on lots of trips in my campervan and generally enjoyed the experience of been in isolation mostly only  meeting the neighbours at a safe distance as I walked my dog. In some ways it was the happiest two years of my life.
Was ultimately very glad to get the three vaccine shots which allowed me to get back to work and return my life to some sort of normality.
Had to say goodbye to a lot of friends who caught the covid denial bug hard - but ultimately I am glad that they are gone from my life as I said goodbye to the whole conspiratorial way of looking at the world over a decade ago and don't need that sort of crazy negativity in my life.

Br Cornelius

Thats deep man.  I love a success story.  And dogs.