Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reflections on our Future

taniwha

On 2/10/2022 at 8:44 PM, taniwha said:

how covid has affected your life thus far

I had covid in November 2020.  That was before vaccines and before they knew many of the techniques for treating it.  I spent nine days in the hospital.  Insurance company approved me for nine months of supplemental oxygen, but I only needed one.  Still not back to 100%, but getting better slowly.

During the latter stages of recovery I worked from home.  Developed a new calculator program, only to have HP discontinue the machine.

US is still losing around 400 people a day to covid.  There's a new strain (XBB), a descendent of omicron, that is threatening to become dominant.  It is competing with several other strains to decide who gets to kill us.  The bivariant vaccine works against it, so get your shots updated.  Covid is something you don't want to get.

Doug

• Like 1

Covid 19 will be in everyone’s body on the planet. Like all the viruses before it Covid will eventually stop killing people and merge with the human body. What you should be concerned about is if it circle’s back around into another illness later on in life. This research isn’t available yet.

Edited by Freez1
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2022 at 3:39 AM, Gummug said:

Well I guess I will be the first... I think I had covid, but not sure, because I didn't go to get tested. It wasn't bad (IF it was covid). I lost my sense of smell for a bit (that's what made me think it was covid). I've had flus that were worse imo. Coincidentally at a friend's house tonight having supper, I talked with an elderly lady who had covid and she said the main way it affected her was fatigue. She didn't lose her sense of smell. It is a weird disease, this covid...

My daughter had a repiratory virus last year and lost her sense of smell and taste.  She got tested but it was not covid.  There are so many respiratory virus' testing is the only way to tell if it is covid, a type of flu, or something no one cares about.    

• Like 2

I didn't read all the posts on this thread but the title has me wondering, since it has been 8 months since this thread was started, has anyone's perspective changed since the OP?   By February of 2022 I was pretty much over the covid fears and conspiracy nonsense.   This virus is going to be like the flu in the 1st world countries, a blip on the radar and 20 years from now, no one will even consider staying home from work because they have covid any more than they would because they have the flu.    

There will always be people who stay healthy because they have good hygeine and people who get sick every time someone sneezes for all kinds of reasons (one being that they don't wash their hands regularly).   We have so many non-viral killer diseases that we can't stop everything because of a virus.   Our immune systems are designed to fight virus', and in the case of the Covid Pandemic too many people had bad habits that helped the virus spread (in the 1st world) or lived in circumstances that did not allow them the luxury of calling in sick or staying away from people.   Typically when a virus like this gets a foothold it is easy for the health organizations to identify patient zero, but that was never done in this case for a plethora of reasons, including the blame game, irresponsible politicians trying to control a narrative, panic, etc.  

We will never really know where the first human case was whether you think you know or not, you don't because patient zero was never identified and the virus had spread around the world before anyone ever heard of it.   I know it was in the U.S. before December of 2019 but we were told it wasn't so doctors didn't have the information they needed to identify it.   Too many failings.   What amazes me is that no one remembers the Hong Kong flu, same results, same percentage of deaths, but a totally different response by health organizations with politcians letting them do their job.    Maybe because "the media" back then was evening news and news papers.   Now you can't trust any news source no matter what, without doing a whole day of research to verify a story.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:16 PM, Freez1 said:

Covid 19 will be in everyone’s body on the planet. Like all the viruses before it Covid will eventually stop killing people and merge with the human body. What you should be concerned about is if it circle’s back around into another illness later on in life. This research isn’t available yet.

One word, Smallpox, shows you don't know what you are talking about.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:31 AM, Desertrat56 said:

has anyone's perspective changed since the OP?

I lost a lot of trust for one. Realized that people are more the problem than the coof. Still feel like the whole thing was overexaggerated and I got might ysick of seeing that kebler elf fauci. I did however start to prep for bad times a lot more, considering that the world is very much on fire. Perhaps nuclear fire eventually. As it currently stands I feel like this was a plandemic, people can write me off as a conspiracy nut if they like. As I mentioned earlier, I lost trust in "the science". 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I lost a lot of trust for one. Realized that people are more the problem than the coof. Still feel like the whole thing was overexaggerated and I got might ysick of seeing that kebler elf fauci. I did however start to prep for bad times a lot more, considering that the world is very much on fire. Perhaps nuclear fire eventually. As it currently stands I feel like this was a plandemic, people can write me off as a conspiracy nut if they like. As I mentioned earlier, I lost trust in "the science". 

I think in all matters there was a false balance on both sides. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I think in all matters there was a false balance on both sides. 

I was amazed at all the armchair virologist that popped up on UM. All with Covid supposedly being a "world ender" virus. Yep, it caused people to make dumb decisions that might very well end the world. At least some out there won't run out of toilet paper yet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/23/2022 at 7:11 AM, XenoFish said:

I understand your view of it being a plandemic.  I suspect it is more of a bunch of reprobates taking an opportunity when it arose.   All the rules that had been set in place to prevent a pandemic, or at least make it easier were ignored, the pharma companies were allowed to take control of everything while the politicians got involved making a lot of noise and keeping things from being done that should have.   Opportunistic greedy bastarges is what I think it was about, not protecting human life, but using human life and fear as a tool to gather more power and resources.   Not so much a conspiracy as a bunch of people helping each other in their greed.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I was amazed at all the armchair virologist that popped up on UM. All with Covid supposedly being a "world ender" virus. Yep, it caused people to make dumb decisions that might very well end the world. At least some out there won't run out of toilet paper yet.

I have to admit that because of things that went on when I was taking care of my mother in 2012 through 2014, I did not have to buy toilet paper in 2020, I actually was able to give some to my daughter.  Not because I still had some from back then but because I had the habit of always buying 2 packages when I went to the store (every two weeks).  Now I am taking care of my 89 year old aunt and I am starting to stockpile again.  For some reason sick old ladies use a lot of toilet paper and I am getting low after 9 months.   So I will be doing the 2 packages every 2 weeks again becuase there is one thing I never want to run out of until it no longer exists.

On 10/21/2022 at 9:59 AM, XenoFish said:

I'm just waiting for society to crash and burn. 

I agree. It is a scorcher over here.  Might be wise to grow own food and network with like minded souls

• Like 2

Working from home for a little bit and the pubs being shut for a few months was not a big deal at all.

There's more room on public transport.

• Like 2

On 10/24/2022 at 9:48 PM, Golden Duck said:

Working from home for a little bit and the pubs being shut for a few months was not a big deal at all.

There's more room on public transport.

I assume things have gotten better?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

I assume things have gotten better?

Things were never really that bad.

But, today, with all measures now gone, the wider community is more educated abour health and hygiene.  People are more considerate about attending the workplace with an illness.

The fearmongers spouting that public health measures are akin to Nazi Germany - efffectively trivialising the Holocaust - have been proven wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Things were never really that bad.

But, today, with all measures now gone, the wider community is more educated abour health and hygiene.  People are more considerate about attending the workplace with an illness.

The fearmongers spouting that public health measures are akin to Nazi Germany - efffectively trivialising the Holocaust - have been proven wrong.

Good to know the rabid antivaxxers and fearmongers have died down and faded into obscurity. 

• Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 3:59 PM, XenoFish said:

I'm just waiting for society to crash and burn. 

This guy is, as far as I know, a reasonably well-respected clinical educator.  It's enough to scare the hell out of a rational person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, and-then said:

This guy is, as far as I know, a reasonably well-respected clinical educator.  It's enough to scare the hell out of a rational person.

This is war. No more time left to tip toe through the poppy fields, it is what it is... a global genocide in action.

" What do you get for pretending the danger's not real?...

...Meek and obedient, you follow the leader
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel...

...What a surprise!
A look of terminal shock in your eyes
Now things are really what they seem
No, this is no bad dream "

~ Pink Floyd - Sheep

6 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Good to know the rabid antivaxxers and fearmongers have died down and faded into obscurity. 

Unfortunately as this thread attests they seem as rabid as ever. 

Now that Covid is somewhat under control they have to justify the very fact that they acted stupidly, selfishly and out their own communities at risk. Who knows how many died because they caught Covid from one of these irrational fear mongers. 

15 hours ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Good to know the rabid antivaxxers and fearmongers have died down and faded into obscurity

Fixed that for you!  But what has actually faded into obscurity is the Fake Pandemic that the entire world fell for.   Well most of the world anyway.  

I never vaxxed, through away the mask  early on...stopped antisepticing and social distancing. Went where I wanted when I wanted.  Touched the fruit at the grocery store...licked my fingers to open the bag to put it in...never washed it at home...just ate it.  Never got sick.  Never died.  I know one person who died during the pandemic.  They said it was Covid but I doubt it.  

So, am I an anti-vaxxer?  No.  Want to take the vaccine?  Go for it.  Your decision not mine.  Why isn't it my decision and not yours to not take it.  Are you some kind of Pro Vaxxer who is against Americans who want to make their own choices about health care?  

What is a fear monger...isn't that a person who spreads fear?  Look no further than you evening news syndicates...they virtually created the hysteria that led to empty grocery store shelves, no toilet paper or paper towels.  Are you anti-wiping?  Hypocrisy is an evening dress that the ugly people who want to be beautiful wear.  It doesn't really look nice on anyone.

Edited by joc
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

Fixed that for you!  But what has actually faded into obscurity is the Fake Pandemic that the entire world fell for.   Well most of the world anyway.  

I never vaxxed, through away the mask  early on...stopped antisepticing and social distancing. Went where I wanted when I wanted.  Touched the fruit at the grocery store...licked my fingers to open the bag to put it in...never washed it at home...just ate it.  Never got sick.  Never died.  I know one person who died during the pandemic.  They said it was Covid but I doubt it.  

So, am I an anti-vaxxer?  No.  Want to take the vaccine?  Go for it.  Your decision not mine.  Why isn't it my decision and not yours to not take it.  Are you some kind of Pro Vaxxer who is against Americans who want to make their own choices about health care?  

What is a fear monger...isn't that a person who spreads fear?  Look no further than you evening news syndicates...they virtually created the hysteria that led to empty grocery store shelves, no toilet paper or paper towels.  Are you anti-wiping?  Hypocrisy is an evening dress that the ugly people who want to be beautiful wear.  It doesn't really look nice on anyone.

Hold on there. First if you don't want to take the vax fine your choice, and hope you know the consequences. Secondly, I do think the Vax is profitable, does it have its drawbacks?  sure just as with any medicine. I never claimed to make the decision for anyone. I seen much Fear-Mongering on the Anti Vax side, from the shots containing microchips, to that it will connect us to 5G etc. So on their end I have seen much craziness. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scholar4Truth said:

Hold on there. First if you don't want to take the vax fine your choice, and hope you know the consequences. Secondly, I do think the Vax is profitable, does it have its drawbacks?  sure just as with any medicine. I never claimed to make the decision for anyone. I seen much Fear-Mongering on the Anti Vax side, from the shots containing microchips, to that it will connect us to 5G etc. So on their end I have seen much craziness. 

And there are also people who want to make it mandated so that  you don't have a choice...people on this forum have told some of us that we should be imprisoned or executed for not doing so because we were willingly spreading a deadly virus.  Amusing anecdote...I had a customer that called me Stupid to my face in front of a group of associates.  She asked me if I had taken the vaccine...I said no.  Well you're Stupid! she said.  Later when her husband called to ask if I could do more work t their house...I never even returned his call.  Her husband and I had a mutual friend who asked me, Are you really never going to do anymore work for Mrs So and So because of what she said?  I said...No...you don't call me Stupid to my face in front of my peers and then expect me to do anything to help you.....yeah...I got the last word in there.  calling me stupid turned out to be the really Stupid thing done that day!  

The Hysteria and Fearmongering is done on both sides...

I control no one but myself.  And I am controlled by no one but myself.   

But hold on...if there was a microchip in the vaccine and it connected to 5G better..I'd probably take the vaccine because when I go out in the woods...I don't get diddly...takes You Tube 4Ever to load...:hmm:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

And there are also people who want to make it mandated so that  you don't have a choice...people on this forum have told some of us that we should be imprisoned or executed for not doing so because we were willingly spreading a deadly virus.  Amusing anecdote...I had a customer that called me Stupid to my face in front of a group of associates.  She asked me if I had taken the vaccine...I said no.  Well you're Stupid! she said.  Later when her husband called to ask if I could do more work t their house...I never even returned his call.  Her husband and I had a mutual friend who asked me, Are you really never going to do anymore work for Mrs So and So because of what she said?  I said...No...you don't call me Stupid to my face in front of my peers and then expect me to do anything to help you.....yeah...I got the last word in there.  calling me stupid turned out to be the really Stupid thing done that day!  

The Hysteria and Fearmongering is done on both sides...

I control no one but myself.  And I am controlled by no one but myself.   

But hold on...if there was a microchip in the vaccine and it connected to 5G better..I'd probably take the vaccine because when I go out in the woods...I don't get diddly...takes You Tube 4Ever to load...:hmm:

I doubt people on this forum went as far as saying people who choose not to take the vaccine be executed. I have not seen such post, and if that's the case im sure they were banned for violating the rules on that matter. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

There is a big difference between not wanting to take the vaccine an spreading anti-vax propaganda trying to dupe people in the process. Calling it a "Fake Pandemic" is one example. Statements like that diminishes the millions of people who actually died from this horrible disease and suggests to others to be careless in their thinking and spread the same diminishing negative thought at the same time. Of course no one needs to believe what anyone says except for what their doctor tells them about the vaccines and covid. But you saying things like "Fake Pandemic" to others, is like believing in ghosts or an afterlife when we die and you have no proof of any of it. You are spreading lies, by saying "Fake Pandemic".Joc. You could be considerate and keep the negative propaganda to yourself and just say you don't want the vaccine, you didn't take the vaccine and move on with that, but no. you think you have to inject your own personal political opinion about it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Katniss said:

There is a big difference between not wanting to take the vaccine an spreading anti-vax propaganda trying to dupe people in the process. Calling it a "Fake Pandemic" is one example. Statements like that diminishes the millions of people who actually died from this horrible disease and suggests to others to be careless in their thinking and spread the same diminishing negative thought at the same time. Of course no one needs to believe what anyone says except for what their doctor tells them about the vaccines and covid. But you saying things like "Fake Pandemic" to others, is like believing in ghosts or an afterlife when we die and you have no proof of any of it. You are spreading lies, by saying "Fake Pandemic".Joc. You could be considerate and keep the negative propaganda to yourself and just say you don't want the vaccine, you didn't take the vaccine and move on with that, but no. you think you have to inject your own personal political opinion about it all.

What I don't get is how they can say its a fake pandemic out of one side of their mouth, then turn around and admit as Joc has that people have indeed died.

• Like 2