Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

https://news.yahoo.com/us-attack-helos-f-35s-204732015.html

5 minutes ago, Solipsi Rai said:

We're not in the right time for a world war. The COVID pandemic, political division in the US, racial tensions are very high, and similar problems we have with both China and Iran (they're deciding whether or not to join Russia and 7 other adversaries against the US and its 190 allies or supporters), and global climate change. Whoever wants a "world holy nuke race war for god, oil and profits" are clearly sick in the head (Russia's Vladimir Putin sure is). 

Maybe not, but we are in the perfect time for our enemies to become adventurous.  Weakness, whether real or simply assumed, can lead to serious miscalculations by our enemies.  

• Like 1

Just like after the Great Depression in the 1930s, a group of 3 unlikely but right-wing fascist regimes: Nazi Germany+ Austria, Italy and Imperial Japan vs the Soviet Union (Russia and the former USSR today) who decided to join then turned against it's allies the US, the UK, France and Nationalist China. In irony WW1 ended by a pandemic (the Spanish flu in 1918-20), WW3 began by a pandemic among other political issues of the double-twenties. And this is a continuation of both the cold war (communist China) and the war on terror (Iran). 

Edited by Solipsi Rai

Nothing brings a nation together more then a war with the Evil Enemy. 

Sounds like a CT, but its a fact that even a tiny war would return Bidens polls to the 60%+ realm, and thus Democrat chances in the US midterm elections would rise also.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

And to add China is viewed as a top human rights abuser (i.e. Hong Kong, Tibet, the Falun Gung, and the Uygurs) not far from Russia (their persecution of LGBTQ people, Jehovah's Witnesses, Chechens who are largely a Muslim people and lots of political dissidents). To justify going to war against both and/or including Iran, thought to been backed by both Russia and China. WW1 began as a regional gang war in Europe to turned global, I can see the scenario happening in but not limited to Donetsk and Lughansk areas in the Ukraine. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

Nothing brings a nation together more then a war with the Evil Enemy. 

Sounds like a CT, but its a fact that even a tiny war would return Bidens polls to the 60%+ realm, and thus Democrat chances in the US midterm elections would rise also.

Next month while we're at war, the US will be treated like Apartheid-era South Africa (that is if) when Leonard Peltier, the American Indian Movement leader charged with 2 shooting deaths of US Marshal officers in the 1973 Wounded Knee, Dakotas standoff dies of COVID (he isn't vaccinated and has high-risk medical issues plus his advanced age). All presidents in the past half century refused to pardon Peltier and he's the 2nd most famous political prisoner in world history after Nelson Mandela ironically was freed in 1990 after 28 years for his opposition to Apartheid and within 4 years, he was elected president of South Africa when Apartheid was dying and then is officially abolished. Looks like Biden is going to be replaced by Trump (I hate both of them) in 2024.

Edited by Solipsi Rai

2s day 02/22/2022: the world doesn't care about this new brewing conflict, exactly like they didn't care about COVID 2 years ago, what triggered the Great Recession in 2008, didn't understand Hurricane Katrina's floods in 2005 and never learned what caused the 9/11 terrorist attacks in 2001. This is gonna be the worst day in this year, decade, century, millennia and age. Putin is expected to win this war and will plant a puppet state satellite regime in Kyiv. 

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Biden said, (paraphrase), if you invade part, we'll just section you, and you can keep the territory. Like with the Crimea. 

And Putin agreed, so now Russia is going to just claim another part of Ukraine and no ones going to stop them. Other the with, ultimately, symbolic sanctions. 

Oh, FFS :rolleyes:

As if you're not aware Ukraine is defending Ukrainian territory. They need western support, but it's actually Putin's talking point that it's the USA that decides upon everything. 

Ukrainian Minister of defense Kuleba said that if these sanctions are the indeed the initial package (implying there will be more to come) they look pretty strong. 

But trumpers know better than Ukrainian defense minister?! After Trump slobbered over Putin's "genial" acts of aggression?! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ethereal_scout said:

I'd have thought that if Putin is simply after the two breakaway regions then a deal could be done.

It could not be done. 

Gas who is coming for dinner ? 

5 days ago  U.S. LNG exports are a crucial part of stabilizing Europe's gas market. According to Andrew Light of the U.S. Department of Energy, as of last ...

5 days ago  HOUSTON, U.S. -- The U.S. will see its production capacity for liquefied natural gas surge 20% by the end of the year, becoming the world's ...

15 Feb 2022  Europe's call for U.S. liquefied natural gas continues to run hot in February and is poised to remain the top destination for U.S. shipments ...

~

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SHaYap said:

Gas who is coming for dinner ? 

~

And Qatar, Norway etc.

Existing LNG terminals are not in full capacity yet and there will be more of them built. Because Russia insisted they're not an important supplier anymore.   

It's not even a matter of sanctions, Russia cut their gas delivery roughly in half, because "let them freeze this winter so they'll be softer when negotiating". Looks like they were wrong about that *shrugs* 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Anyone wonder why the UK "sanctions" are so weak?:

Well, I expected worse. Seriously. 

So I'm pleasantly surprised so far. This is a chance (not just for Tories or UK alone) to cut their ties with foreign, namely Russian sources, that won't be able to donate anymore anyway. (Not because it will be impossible to let money through, it's just that Putin the "sponsor" will have to redirect the remaining finances to the new channels. Such as in China. Gawd, he's screwed :lol: 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

The coming WW3 between the 3 largest countries in population (China), size (Russia) and power (the USA), whether this is a 3 way war or Russia or China chooses sides based on their own interests in selecting either one or the other vs them. 

We have Emily and her two moms to protect us.

19 hours ago, Essan said:

Strange that Putin didn't do this whilst his puppet was stiill in charge of the US ..... 

Former US President Donald Trump has called Vladimir Putin’s orders to send troops into Ukraine "genius".

Appearing on a right-wing radio show, Trump was asked about President Biden’s response to Putin’s sending military forces into Ukraine.

“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius,’” Trump said. 

“Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine - of Ukraine. Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful. So, Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine.

"I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s gonna go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s strongest peace force … We could use that on our southern border”.

The Republican former president continued to praise Putin later on, while disparaging his successor

(from BBC  news feed)

But maybe even Putin didn't apprecite how dumb Frump really was and that he'd actually admire someone invading another country and wishing he;d done the same?

Comrade Trump is not going to make Biden look good, so naturally he will praise Putin.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

There is another cyber attack on Ukraine, American government believes Russia has completed all preparations for an invasion and that it can start at any time.  The Ukranian government is starting to talk about declaring marshal law.  

6 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, I expected worse. Seriously. 

So I'm pleasantly surprised so far. This is a chance (not just for Tories or UK alone) to cut their ties with foreign, namely Russian sources, that won't be able to donate anymore anyway. (Not because it will be impossible to let money through, it's just that Putin the "sponsor" will have to redirect the remaining finances to the new channels. Such as in China. Gawd, he's screwed :lol: 

We should be doing more damnit, this is the same old thing.

I’d like to think that somewhere in a dark room, some non-descript civil servant is drawing up plans with an SAS commander to take care of the madman.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Solipsi Rai said:

Putin is expected to win this war and will plant a puppet state satellite regime in Kyiv. 

Then we should use this time to strengthen the new NATO nations in eastern Europe to a degree that will cause him to stop at Ukraine.  I'd love to see most U.S. forces out of Germany and relocated to Poland, Czech Republic, and Romania.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Trump makes me laugh, sigh... I hope he gets back in lol.

U.S. media hope so, as well.  They'd never admit it publicly but they hope for it.  Sadly, I think if he announces he will run again, it could cause true civil disorder in our country.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Existing LNG terminals are not in full capacity yet and there will be more of them built.

It will take significant time to build and bring new terminals online.  The vessels to ship the gas in are limited, as well.  Japan has depended on LNG for decades as well as the oil coming from the Persian Gulf.  It will be interesting to see if Europe begins to invest in LNG at the level it would require to replace the flow from Russia.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked