Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Or simply lend them some nukes, make sure Russians know about it, act as if they're imagining stuff again.

I'm just daydreaming, of course.  

As you know Ukraine did have a big nuke arsenal but disarmed years ago to placate Russia. 

Now Russia has broken international agreement they might as well have some back.

• Like 2

If this is true then we can probably expect a surge in people accidentally falling out of tall buildings or drinking polonium over the next few months .....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10546799/More-150-senior-Russian-officials-sign-open-letter-condemning-Putins-invasion-Ukraine.html

On the other hand, it's exactly what I expected/hoped to see.  Bravo to them msp_thumbup.gif   And shows not all Russians in authority are crazy paranoid nutters.

• Like 4

On 2/13/2022 at 2:18 PM, joc said:

Remember...years ago?  ...when everyone was saying China, China, China...got to keep our eyes on China!!  ...and I was saying ....uh, no, we need to keep our eyes on Russia?  Remember that?  Wow, did I get ridiculed for that! 

It isn't the Republicans that are thinking Russia is an ally...it's what the Democrats have always said...

...but I digress...if anyone trusts the Russians they are fools.  If anyone trusts the Democrats they are fools.  If anyone trusts the Republicans they are fools.

Note:  I did not say you are a fool for supporting either party or voting your conscious...but don't put  your trust in any of them.  

And you should continue to be ridiculed for it. China is by far the greatest threat to the US. Putin isn't going to invade Europe. Heck I see no actual evidence they intend to invade Ukraine. This is cold war military industrial complex money grabbing crap. 

7 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

As you know Ukraine did have a big nuke arsenal but disarmed years ago to placate Russia. 

Now Russia has broken international agreement they might as well have some back.

What agreement have they broken? Cause they exorcised long planned and announce war games?

7 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Yes, Budapest memorandum, guaranteeing that Ukraine will be defended in case they're threatened with nuclear force. 

This is it. 

Russia broke their promise, Putin keeps threatening everyone and Ukraine too with nukes. 

All other countries that signed can and should defend Ukraine. US, UK and France are willing to help Ukraine, China has no publicly available stance yet.  

Let's be cynical - complete Western market or Russian market alone? What is more valuable to China?

China is certainly not looking forward to Putin nuking Chinese customers. To be blunt and cynical but realistic.  

The problem is, Putin probably guards own life with some sort of dead man's switch. Which is why I keep harping it must be Russian military that will remove him and his switches. 

• Like 5

Russian central bank buys up roubles to avert stock market collapse

Rescue part of scramble to prevent invasion of Ukraine sending Russia’s financial system into meltdown.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2022/feb/24/russian-central-bank-buys-up-roubles-to-avert-stock-market-collapse-invasion-ukraine-fiancial-meltdown

• Like 3

God give me strength to ignore that, what must be ignored. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
not you LAT, I greatly appreciate your contribution to this thread.
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

What agreement have they broken? Cause they exorcised long planned and announce war games?

Budapest memorandum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

And you should continue to be ridiculed for it. China is by far the greatest threat to the US. Putin isn't going to invade Europe. Heck I see no actual evidence they intend to invade Ukraine. This is cold war military industrial complex money grabbing crap. 

KYIV/MARIUPOL, Ukraine, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Russian forces invaded Ukraine on Thursday in a massed assault by land, sea and air, the biggest attack by one state against another in Europe since World War Two.

Missiles rained down on Ukrainian cities. Ukraine reported columns of troops pouring across its borders from Russia and Belarus, and landing on the coast from the Black and Azov seas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please feel free to continue ridiculing me...after you finish eating your crow pie.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

Budapest memorandum.

Oh so I should be willing to lose everything I worked for, and have my family worry about the threat of a nuclear holocaust cause you know, Budapest. 

• Like 1

Russian jet flying low and seeming targeting civilian housing.

Around Sumy supposedly 15 Russian T-72 tanks destroyed by javelin antitank systems.  One confirmed destroyed Russian T-80 as the turret has been blown completely off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, joc said:

KYIV/MARIUPOL, Ukraine, Feb 24 (Reuters) - Russian forces invaded Ukraine on Thursday in a massed assault by land, sea and air, the biggest attack by one state against another in Europe since World War Two.

Missiles rained down on Ukrainian cities. Ukraine reported columns of troops pouring across its borders from Russia and Belarus, and landing on the coast from the Black and Azov seas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please feel free to continue ridiculing me...after you finish eating your crow pie.

This while probably BS, is no threat to the US in any way shape or form. And could have been avoided all together if Biden had just supported stopping Putins pipeline around Ukraine. Instead he actively stopped any sanctions that would have prevent this. They want this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Oh so I should be willing to lose everything I worked for, and have my family worry about the threat of a nuclear holocaust cause you know, Budapest. 

Putin cannot take on everybody at the same time. He needs to come up against a hard place. 

There might already be another sort of fallout for Putin at home.

‘We don’t want this’: Russians react to the Ukraine invasion.

People on the streets of Moscow express anger and a sense of hopelessness after Putin’s move.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/24/we-dont-want-this-russians-react-to-the-ukraine-invasion

• Like 3

A Turkish civilian ship has been bombed off the coast of Odessa, no reported casualties on the ship.  Seems confirmed that Russian troops have entered the Chernobyl exclusion zone, probably not the best idea overall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

This while probably BS, is no threat to the US in any way shape or form. And could have been avoided all together if Biden had just supported stopping Putins pipeline around Ukraine. Instead he actively stopped any sanctions that would have prevent this. They want this. 

Hmmmm....define...BS...preacherman!  And  you want to blame Biden?  ...and you think I am the one needing to be ridiculed?  This is real.  And...it is real BAD.

ImageA view shows the Ukrainian State Border Guard Service site damaged by shelling in Kyiv region, Ukraine, in this handout picture released February 24, 2022. Press service of the Ukrainian State Border Guard Service/Handout via REUTERS

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Not tooting my own horn...not at all...but I saw this coming a long, long time ago.

It isn't about nuclear weapons...it isn't about oil or gas...it is about reassembling Europe into the new Russian Union.  It is a power grab.  And who is going to stop them?  When they roll their tanks into your country and say Welcome Comrade to the new Russian Union...what are you going to do?  What is anyone really going to do?  Nothing!  ...but blame others...apparently

• Like 2

Of course I blame Biden. This was easily avoidable. Russia needed Ukraine to sell oil in Europe. Now he doesn't directly because of the inaction of Biden. And its not like this wasn't known. Several memebers of congress on both sides saw this coming. Yet Biden actively helped Putin create this situation. 

2 minutes ago, joc said:

Not tooting my own horn...not at all...but I saw this coming a long, long time ago.

It isn't about nuclear weapons...it isn't about oil or gas...it is about reassembling Europe into the new Russian Union.  It is a power grab.  And who is going to stop them?  When they roll their tanks into your country and say Welcome Comrade to the new Russian Union...what are you going to do?  What is anyone really going to do?  Nothing!  ...but blame others...apparently

Thats ridiculous. M.A.D is all that would bring. 

And forgive me if I don't automatically believe everything that comes from these war mongering scum. 

BTW you sure you know for certain who's fighter jet that was? 

They have been telling us for months how our banks are going to get cyber attacked, so I imagine that's next, regardless of who actually does it. So you all should run to your bank and get your money out while you can. 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, joc said:

This is not the time for blaming. Petty differences can wait. 

This is the time to stand united against Putler.   

Thank you for explaining what is going on in Ukraine. You've got my genuine gratitude. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

BTW you sure you know for certain who's fighter jet that was

Ukrainian airforce only has Mig-29s, Su-24s, Su-25s, and Su-27s.  From what people have said online, it seems the aircraft is a Su-35 which Russia has moved quite a few to airfields near Ukraine and in Belarus.  Pretty safe to say it was Russian.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Seems there are now confirmed reports of fighting in the Chernobyl exclusion zone.  Definitely adds another level of danger to an already highly dangerous situation.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Of course I blame Biden. This was easily avoidable. Russia needed Ukraine to sell oil in Europe. Now he doesn't directly because of the inaction of Biden. And its not like this wasn't known. Several memebers of congress on both sides saw this coming. Yet Biden actively helped Putin create this situation. 

Everything you said is wrong. 

It's a waste of time to explain each point, if you wanted to have an objective picture, you'd have it by now. 

What I want to say to you is that there are real people being killed in Ukraine right now. 

Each argument, each divisiveness in the West is helping Putin. The more we are divided, the better for him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

Ukrainian airforce only has Mig-29s, Su-24s, Su-25s, and Su-27s.  From what people have said online, it seems the aircraft is a Su-35 which Russia has moved quite a few to airfields near Ukraine and in Belarus.  Pretty safe to say it was Russian.

What people? What are their qualifications to make such a statement? I'm not even saying it isn't true. I'm saying the price is just to high to pay. Maybe if government in general over the last 20 years hadn't been so reckless with spending our money, or stopping oil production, maybe we could afford it. To many people here are hurting already, to ask us to give more is going to be a disaster. Over something that doesn't affect us at all.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked