Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Russian special forces took the Kiev airport, Ukrainian forces kicked them out, and today Russians have retaken it. They are in the Northern district of Kiev right now, on the outskirts of the west of the city, and a massive column of tanks is coming up the motorway from the east. Its expected to arrive at some point tonight, which is when they recon the battle for Kiev starts.

I get my sources from both Ukrainian and Russian TV, and other countries.

Doesnt seem like you do, you are saying the Ukranian airforce had been destroyed and it hasnt been.  You say Ukranian air defense is destroyed but it's still shooting down Russian jets and helicopters.  You say Ukranians are getting slaughtered but yet Russia hasnt been able to take Kharkiv, Sumy, or any other major city yet and there are pictures and videos of a recent Ukranian attack destroying close to 100 Russian tanks and armored vehicles in one battle alone.  Seems like you are getting most if not all of your information from pro-Russian sources.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, spud the mackem said:

Europeans haven't the guts ,or the equipment to start causing concern to the Russians , Germany is back pedaling at every turn and the French , are all bluff and B.S , Germany has pulled out of SWIFT in case Russia stops their gas imports , the Ukrainians are asking the U.S and Britain to come to the rescue , why ask us when the have the Europeans on their doorstep . We have had enough of helping out Euro , every time they get into trouble .

I agree with the fact that most European governments don't have the guts but to say that you have had enough of helping out Euro every time they get into trouble speaks volumes about yourself and your knowledge of what's going on today.

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Just a matter of time.   Russia's air force is so big Ukraine's fight won't be able to keep the defense up.  

Size will be a problem, Ukraine will never have air superiority but they can deny Russia air superiority for a decent bit of time.  Especially since Russia lacks a large stockpile of precision weapons, like cruise missiles, so as long as Ukraine is smart and careful they can probably keep enough of their S-300s alive to deny air superiority to Russia hopefully long enough for the Russian anti-war protests to gain some real traction.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Just a matter of time.   Russia's air force is so big Ukraine's fight won't be able to keep the defense up.  

If Ukraine is provided sufficient Manpads, it will make every flight of a helicopter or jet, a real adventure.  Helicopters, especially, will be vulnerable.  They seem to be the main transport for Russian forces and probably are taking a lot of casualties.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I'd imagine Ukraine's military strategists understand the situation and are fighting to cost Russians the most at every step.  Remember, stopping the organized Ukrainian forces is only a single step to victory.  The NEXT step is to try to pacify or impose control over millions of Ukrainians who hate Putin's military now.  IF reports are true, even many of the Russian troops wanted no part of this madness.

• Like 1

Ukranian Su-27 shot down a Russian Su-25, while another Ukranian Su-27 shot down a Russian Il-76 carrying paratroopers.  Meanwhile Ukranian S-300 shot a Russian Su-25 and a helicopter.  For a destroyed airforce and air defense the Ukranians are doing rather well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I seen where Ukraine is setting stacks of tires on fire in an attempt to block roads.   That is not sustainable.  For all the fight Ukraine is putting up, Russia is still advancing.

2 hours ago, and then said:

IF Putin strikes one of the Baltic NATO members and he isn't repelled by NATO forces, then NATO no longer exists.  I think his generals understand just how dangerous THAT game will be.

Absolutely NATO can survive not directly intervening in Ukraine, it could not survive not intervening in the case of a member. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Ukrainian soldiers are true heroes. Ukrainian Troops Told Russians Moments Before Strike to stick it.

Full story & source https://globalnews.ca/news/8646411/ukrainian-guards-russian-warship-snake-island/

That kind of attitude is what will make Ukraine a nightmare for the Russians who've been sent there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Ukranian Su-27 shot down a Russian Su-25, while another Ukranian Su-27 shot down a Russian Il-76 carrying paratroopers.  Meanwhile Ukranian S-300 shot a Russian Su-25 and a helicopter.  For a destroyed airforce and air defense the Ukranians are doing rather well.

That thing is ENORMOUS.  It says it only holds up to 60 troops, though.

Russian Air Force Ilyushin Il 76MD Landing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Ukrainian soldiers are true heroes. Ukrainian Troops Told Russians Moments Before Strike to stick it.

Full story & source https://globalnews.ca/news/8646411/ukrainian-guards-russian-warship-snake-island/

Even if the Russians make it into Kiev, first they are going to meet with stiff resistance. Then if they do succeed, they will learn what Hitler learned. Hitler never controlled the resistance in any country he invaded, not even France. They will sabotage and bleed him every chance they get. I really do think this is what Putin is getting himself into. Especially if he stretches his lines. I don't think he's going to find any of this easy.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, susieice said:

Even if the Russians make it into Kiev, first they are going to meet with stiff resistance. Then if they do succeed, they will learn what Hitler learned. Hitler never controlled the resistance in any country he invaded, not even France. They will sabotage and bleed him every chance they get. I really do think this is what Putin is getting himself into. Especially if he stretches his lines. I don't think he's going to find any of this easy.

I agree that they will face resistance all the time, even after they take the capitol.   They have control of an airfield 10 miles or so from Kiev.  I expect them to move their equipment there this evening.    Looks like they are bombing Kiev quite a bit at the moment.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, susieice said:

You got that right Susieice :tu: I heard that the Ukrainian defense minister offered weapons to any Ukrainian interested and Kyiv residents have been asked to make Molotov cocktails as they await Russian assault. Searches for “how to make a molotov cocktail” spiked in Ukraine in the last 24 hours, according to Google search data.The russians are about to have a rude awakening.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

You got that right Susieice :tu: I heard that the Ukrainian defense minister offered weapons to any Ukrainian interested and Kyiv residents have been asked to make Molotov cocktails as they await Russian assault. Searches for “how to make a molotov cocktail” spiked in Ukraine in the last 24 hours, according to Google search data.The russians are about to have a rude awakening.

That may be true, but Russia is taking Kiev as we speak.  They have only sent in 1/3 of their troops in this first wave.  

4 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Helen as a Croatian, has made it clear how she feels about this. Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia have jointly addressed the UN Security Council. Poland has an enormous tank fleet from what I've heard. Moldova has already closed it's airspace and declared a state of emergency. These countries are not going to just roll over for Putin.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

That may be true, but Russia is taking Kiev as we speak.  They have only sent in 1/3 of their troops in this first wave.  

It's not going to matter in the long run. It's only one spot. Ukraine will live on.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

Oh absolutely I have no doubts that they are not. But resistance will be there both before and after.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, susieice said:

It's not going to matter in the long run. It's only one spot. Ukraine will live on.

Maybe, but it will be much different.   Putin will put in his puppet government and nothing will stop that.    

11 minutes ago, susieice said:

Helen as a Croatian, has made it clear how she feels about this. Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia have jointly addressed the UN Security Council. Poland has an enormous tank fleet from what I've heard. Moldova has already closed it's airspace and declared a state of emergency. These countries are not going to just roll over for Putin.

Exactly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Myles said:

Maybe, but it will be much different.   Putin will put in his puppet government and nothing will stop that.    

Bully for his puppet government.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

That thing is ENORMOUS.  It says it only holds up to 60 troops, though.

Russian Air Force Ilyushin Il 76MD Landing

The 60 troops is wrong, depending on how its configured it can carry 125 paratroopers or if its planning to land and disembark soldiers its 145 soldiers or 225 soldiers depending if it's set up for one story or two story transportation.

Regardless of configuration it would not be pleasant to be in one that got shot down.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

so as long as Ukraine is smart and careful they can probably keep enough of their S-300s alive to deny air superiority to Russia hopefully long enough for the Russian anti-war protests to gain some real traction.

That's some serious wishful thinking. Kiev is falling within hours according to Western sources. The government of Ukraine is about to be overthrown.

Edited by Occult1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked