Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

The 3,500 killed may be a killed and wounded count.  Even then should mention this is still coming from the Ukranian military so chance the numbers are inflated

Current UK estimate is 450 russian soldiers killed and 137 Ukrainian soldiers.

So probably inflated and our numbers are probably low due to distance but it's not going smoothly for Putin.

18 minutes ago, Setton said:

Current UK estimate is 450 russian soldiers killed and 137 Ukrainian soldiers.

So probably inflated and our numbers are probably low due to distance but it's not going smoothly for Putin.

Those UK estimates are way off.  Two Il-76 carrying troops were shot down so that's between 250 and 450 killed Russians alone depending on how the Il-76s were configured.  A unit of VDV and SSO were completely destroyed on Thursday during a failed air assault on a airport north of Kiev, so that's a couple hundred more.  Was another failed air assault on an airport south of Kiev, which is why the two Il-76 were shot down today, with the units who landed being presumably captured or killed as they are far from the front lines.  Then there are the battles at Sumy and Kirkov which have seen heavy Russian losses along with Melitopol.

• Like 2

Destroyed Russian convoy near Kherson, looks like they got hit by artillery or got attacked by a Ukranian aircraft, an ambush isnt impossible but I cant see where any troops could of done an ambush.

• Like 5

I'm really starting to question if the Russian military leadership has any idea of what they are doing.  I cant figure out who thought this was a good idea but in a further waste of elite VDV units apparently 3 Russian Helicopters which dropped off 60 VDV soldiers attacked Lviv.  The 60 soldiers were quickly repelled but why would the Russian military even attempt this.  Lviv is no where near any of the fronts so those troops were going to be cut off from any aid or relief force.  Even then Lviv has a population of over 700,000 so only 60 soldiers werent going to be able to hold it.

The only thing I can think of that explains this insane assault is that the Russian military is way behind on their invasion plan and commanders are too afraid to not due scheduled assaults regardless of the reality on the ground.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Its morning now in Kiev, video was from last night in Kiev on the outskirt of Kiev showing a Russian BTR attacked with molotov cocktails presumably from Ukranian civilians.

If it was Ukranian civilians that's a bad sign for the Russian troops attacking Kiev.

I’ve read that the civilians were all armed with Molotovs and they were putting styrofoam in them, as it sticks to the skin when it burns.

Watching that video was amazing. The Russians will pay for every cm in blood and ashes.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I’ve read that the civilians were all armed with Molotovs and they were putting styrofoam in them, as it sticks to the skin when it burns.

Watching that video was amazing. The Russians will pay for every cm in blood and ashes.

Molotov cocktails arent particularly effective against any modern armored vehicle but the psychological impact is massive along with showing how far the Ukranian civilians will go to defend their country.  It's one thing to fight for your country but it's another to get with throwing distance of an armored vehicle with little to no military training.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

I'm really starting to question if the Russian military leadership has any idea of what they are doing.  I cant figure out who thought this was a good idea but in a further waste of elite VDV units apparently 3 Russian Helicopters which dropped off 60 VDV soldiers attacked Lviv. 

Security Service of Ukraine  denied the information that a Russian landing party had landed near Lviv region.

One Russian in a military truck drove straight into the city of Sumy and was captured by the local territorial defense.

плен.png

плен3.png

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 3

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/biden-signs-memo-ukraine-448-053329268.html 

Biden is sending Zelensky those bullets he asked for - and a hell of a lot more!

I doubt he’d be doing so if they didn’t have a chance of winning this.

• Like 2

Just now, Abramelin said:

@Coil

Why would the Russians take the nuclear power plant in Chernobyl?

It’s a straight run from there to Kiev.

3 minutes ago, Coil said:

Security Service of Ukraine  denied the information that a Russian landing party had landed near Lviv region.

One Russian in a military truck drove straight into the city of Sumy and was captured by the local territorial defense.

There is the video which does show a helicopter seemingly at Lviv firing at something.  The initial report could very well be wrong about Russian troops landing but it does seem odd that a Helicopter would just fire rockets that close to housing for no reason.  Even then the claim that it was just Ukranian aviation doesnt make much sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

It’s a straight run from there to Kiev.

I have a different idea.

Putin is nothing but a psychotic rat, and he may have the idea how to 'distract' the Europeans. As soon as an eastern wind/storm develops, he'll order to blow up the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. By that action radio-active dust will enter European countries.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Seems foolish. If the U.S. warns him to leave Kiev, it's probably because they have credible Intel that the capital is about to fall.

If the President is held captive or worst, the moral of Ukrainian troops will sink to a very low level.

Further to this, just in case anyone else thinks Ukrainians are given to just giving up:

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/ukrainian-troops-snake-island-russian-warship/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

There is the video which does show a helicopter seemingly at Lviv firing at something.  The initial report could very well be wrong about Russian troops landing but it does seem odd that a Helicopter would just fire rockets that close to housing for no reason.  Even then the claim that it was just Ukranian aviation doesnt make much sense.

Maybe there was no landing, but there is a helicopter.

According to the operational data of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, in the Polesie direction, up to seven battalion tactical groups of the enemy were stopped in the areas of BORODIANKA, BUCHIA, VYSHGOROD. The Russian invaders have partially lost their combat capability and are trying to regroup.

The Russian occupiers attempted to land an airborne assault in the TOMILOVKA area and at the VASILKOV airfield - and were destroyed.

In the Seversk direction, the Russian invaders with up to 14 armored personnel carriers continue their offensive in order to block Kyiv from the north-east, but stopped by units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of the cities of NEZHINA, GREAT ROAD, OBYCHEVA, and the offensive of the infidels was stopped in the areas of SUM, PRILUK. During the operation, 17 BTG were injected in this direction. The occupier had no reserves left.

In Slobozhanshchina, up to 12 battalion tactical groups of invaders from the composition of 1 tank and 20 combined arms armies were stopped in front of Akhtyrka and in the areas of BOGODUKHOV, DERGACHEY, PECHENEG.

In the Taurida direction, the enemy continues offensive operations and is forced to introduce second echelons in the direction - up to 3 armored personnel carriers from the 58th combined-arms army of the Southern Military District.

• Thanks 4

Doubtless the Russians are taking more casualties than they estimated, I suspect more than the Ukraine army, simply due to the nature of the battle and likely defensive positions of the Ukrainians.  But I doubt we are getting a balanced picture of what is happening on the ground - we get figures here and elsewhere of personnel and equipment losses by the Russians but very little comparable figures about the Ukrainians. That said:

The defence by the Ukrainians is very admirable and I suspect its people are more motivated than the Russians thought, or at least we are conditioned to think that.  

Blowing up bridges is sure to slow tank movements and other advances, and it seems clear that some level of anti aircraft capacity is still operational again slowing down the Russian advance. 

But, I suspect that sooner or later Kyiv will fall - days, but even with that I feel that claims of overwhelming superiority of Russian equipment and personnel (in this conflict) have been exposed.

I am a nobody, but I believe Putin has unintentionally demonstrated to the west that its (Russia's) military may not be all that it was cracked up to be. 

For those in Ukraine stay safe and come out of this - better days will come again.  

Edited by RAyMO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Doubtless the Russians are taking more casualties than they estimated, I suspect more than the Ukraine army, simply due to the nature of the battle and likely defensive positions of the Ukrainians.  But I doubt we are getting a balanced picture of what is happening on the ground - we get figures here and elsewhere of personnel and equipment losses by the Russians but very little comparable figures about the Ukrainians. That said:

The defence by the Ukrainians is very admirable and I suspect its people are more motivated than the Russians thought, or at least we are conditioned to think that.  

Blowing up bridges is sure to slow tank movements and other advances, and it seems clear that some level of anti aircraft capacity is still operational again slowing down the Russian advance. 

But, I suspect that sooner or later Kyiv will fall - days, but even with that I feel that claims of overwhelming superiority of Russian equipment and personnel have been exposed.

I am a nobody, but I believe Putin has unintentionally demonstrated to the west that its (Russia's) military may not be all that it was cracked up to be. 

For those in Ukraine stay safe and come out of this - better days will come again.  

It seems some of Russians (cannon fodder type) didn't even know they've been thrown into an actual aggression against Ukraine, they were told they're still doing an exercise.

I doubt an average Russian is motivated to go at war against Ukraine. The sense of justice and honour is still very strong in each Slavic nation, they simply do know they're the bad guys here. 

That being said, what is particularly heart-warming is that Russia keeps using and losing elite forces. Serve them right. 

• Like 3

The chairman of the Mykolaiv regional administration, Vitaliy Kim, said that there had been a breakthrough of tanks from the side of Novaya Kakhovka, so Mikolaev was being prepared for all-round defense. About 12 tanks are coming our way.He also noted that it is necessary to build internal barricades and called on all those who are not indifferent to help.

“This is not in the next half hour, I think the military will stop them on the way. We need to finish before night so they don't come in. We need to endure. I think we have five hours left to organize the defense of our city,” Kim said.

Mykolaiv in 160 km from my city.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don't know if you're religious, @Coil, but I'm praying to St.Michael to keep coming to your aid.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil; May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:08 PM, spartan max2 said:

Idk, I've seen multiple polls like this on the last month.

Where the majority of Germans do not want to defend Ukraine or send weapons.

60% said they should not defend NATO allies against Russia

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2020/03/09/americans-and-germans-differ-in-their-views-of-each-other-and-the-world/

I guess I should clarify with, I'm sure many Germans care, as in they do not want Russia to take Ukraine. But it seems like they don't really want to do anything to stop it.

I don't have much faith in Biden with this either

It has a lot to do with us knowing that we could barely defend ourself in such a situation - let alone someone else. Couple that with the largely pacifist and anti-militaristic stance of the German public, and you get results like this. Most people here do not want to see German troops fighting again. 
I have already seen a shift in this mindset since Russia's attack. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was just going to say hello to FLOMBIE also. It's good to see you in here again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked