Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/kasparov-poziva-na-izbacivanje-rusije-s-financijskih-trzista/2342833.aspx

FORMER chess champion Gary Kasparov, a Russian dissident and opponent of Vladimir Putin, has called on the West to "exclude Russia from financial markets" due to the invasion of Ukraine.

"Exclude Russia from the world's financial markets. Make sure the Russian financial system no longer produces resources for Putin's war machine," Kasparov told Corierre della Sera in Saturday's edition.

"Bankrupt Putin's war machine, freeze and seize Russian finances and his," said Kasparov, who wrote on his Twitter account two days ago that there was no point in talking and that a new single message should be offered to Russia to stop or be completely isolated. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

I'm really starting to question if the Russian military leadership has any idea of what they are doing.  I cant figure out who thought this was a good idea but in a further waste of elite VDV units apparently 3 Russian Helicopters which dropped off 60 VDV soldiers attacked Lviv.  The 60 soldiers were quickly repelled but why would the Russian military even attempt this.  Lviv is no where near any of the fronts so those troops were going to be cut off from any aid or relief force.  Even then Lviv has a population of over 700,000 so only 60 soldiers werent going to be able to hold it.

The only thing I can think of that explains this insane assault is that the Russian military is way behind on their invasion plan and commanders are too afraid to not due scheduled assaults regardless of the reality on the ground.

I imagine, but could be wrong, that Putin is playing general, and the experts around him are too afraid to question his orders.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know if you're religious, @Coil, but I'm praying to St.Michael to keep coming to your aid.

Thank you for your prayers.

Spoiler

I have every day meditation and prayer as the main elements of practice .

In 120 km from Mykolaiv there is a nuclear power plant in Yuzhnoukrainsk but I don't know what defense there. Our direction for the enemy is favorable as there is a good highway to Kiev in which Putin rushes.

направление.png

nuclear power plant.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/kasparov-poziva-na-izbacivanje-rusije-s-financijskih-trzista/2342833.aspx

FORMER chess champion Gary Kasparov, a Russian dissident and opponent of Vladimir Putin, has called on the West to "exclude Russia from financial markets" due to the invasion of Ukraine.

"Exclude Russia from the world's financial markets. Make sure the Russian financial system no longer produces resources for Putin's war machine," Kasparov told Corierre della Sera in Saturday's edition.

"Bankrupt Putin's war machine, freeze and seize Russian finances and his," said Kasparov, who wrote on his Twitter account two days ago that there was no point in talking and that a new single message should be offered to Russia to stop or be completely isolated. 

I watched this on Dutch tv a couple of hours ago:

https://www.paudal.com/2022/02/25/russian-former-top-chess-player-kasparov-europe-is-filling-putins-war-chest/

Garri Kasparov, former Russian chess grandmaster and now political activist and writer, is furious. “When I see the images from Kiev! I have been warning for years. Political corruption and a lack of political will has made Europe a passive bystander of the borderless crimes of the Putin regime.”

Kasparov – the youngest chess champion ever – has long been a major critic of Putin. In 2007, he staged anti-Kremlin protests and ended up in jail for a few days.

Now he points an accusing finger at Europe, including the Netherlands. “Putin has enough money for this war, for his propaganda and for his security services. He gets that money from Germany, the Netherlands, England, France and many other countries. And as long as he can sit on that huge war chest, he can support the opposition.” and ignore the protest.”

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

I have a different idea.

Putin is nothing but a psychotic rat, and he may have the idea how to 'distract' the Europeans. As soon as an eastern wind/storm develops, he'll order to blow up the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. By that action radio-active dust will enter European countries.

Why would someone sitting with thousands of nukes bother with that?

Strategically, taking Chernobyl was an obvious move. From everything I’ve read it’s a straight path from there to Kiev.

Guest Br Cornelius
1 hour ago, Abramelin said:

I have a different idea.

Putin is nothing but a psychotic rat, and he may have the idea how to 'distract' the Europeans. As soon as an eastern wind/storm develops, he'll order to blow up the Chernobyl nuclear power plant. By that action radio-active dust will enter European countries.

This could cause a total melt down and death to just about everything in Europe - can't see it happening. Chernobyl was stablized nothing more and they are already worried about changes in ground water around the plant.

Br Cornelius

If they blow up Chernobyl, the dust could just as likely reach Moscow. So I highly doubt that's an option. 

Chernobyl was used as an easy access point into the country. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I watched this on Dutch tv a couple of hours ago:

https://www.paudal.com/2022/02/25/russian-former-top-chess-player-kasparov-europe-is-filling-putins-war-chest/

Garri Kasparov, former Russian chess grandmaster and now political activist and writer, is furious. “When I see the images from Kiev! I have been warning for years. Political corruption and a lack of political will has made Europe a passive bystander of the borderless crimes of the Putin regime.”

Kasparov – the youngest chess champion ever – has long been a major critic of Putin. In 2007, he staged anti-Kremlin protests and ended up in jail for a few days.

Now he points an accusing finger at Europe, including the Netherlands. “Putin has enough money for this war, for his propaganda and for his security services. He gets that money from Germany, the Netherlands, England, France and many other countries. And as long as he can sit on that huge war chest, he can support the opposition.” and ignore the protest.”

He's right, but that's water under the bridge. It's good to know objective history of each situation, it's great that a man of Kasparov's reputation is speaking in favour of joint action against Putin's finances. 

But it wouldn't be good to waste too much time on criticism or god forbid pass the blame around the EU. 

What matters are the moves of the EU from now on. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Everyone buys gas from Russia - even the US. Because everyone needs gas but not everyone has natural resources. That's nothing we should fight over. It is what it is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FLOMBIE said:

It has a lot to do with us knowing that we could barely defend ourself in such a situation - let alone someone else. Couple that with the largely pacifist and anti-militaristic stance of the German public, and you get results like this. Most people here do not want to see German troops fighting again. 
I have already seen a shift in this mindset since Russia's attack. 

German politicians told this narrative over and over. I usually get very angry when they begin a sentence with "because of our history...blah, blah, blah..."
It's like as if they seek an advantage from their evil history.
Almost each country in the world had some dark chapters and European countries in particular.

I don't believe for one second that the majority of Germans are pacifists and anti-militaristic. Not when I hear my neighbours or colleagues.
Remember the 70s and 80s when Germany was very, even exaggerated militaristic. And that's the problem. German politics often falls from one extreme to the other.
I don't want these times back but the security of the population should be the number one priority for each government.
Yes, there is a shift in the mindset now. Too little too late, I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What Russian propagandists write and why Russia needs this war:

We are witnessing the formation of Iron Curtain 2.0 within the framework of the long-standing Cold War, which started in 2014 with a coup in Kyiv and the civil war unleashed in Ukraine.
Its borders in Europe have already been generally defined - there remains an ambiguity with Ukraine. How and how successfully the RF Armed Forces solve problems in Ukraine will determine the borders of the Iron Curtain south of Belarus right up to the Black Sea.
The rupture of relations with the West is complete and, accordingly, this is the end of the campaign to the West (but the people who have been going there for 30 years have not gone anywhere, this is especially noticeable in the domestic "intelligentsia" and part of the Russian "economic elites"), which began in Perestroika. It remains only to turn off SWIFT (they will turn it off, don't worry). It was a conscious choice and it was made. Today's response of Medvedev to the imposed sanctions, if briefly sounded like "We don't care about you and your sanctions" and "Europe - go to hell."

In view of what the events are acquiring epochal significance and they will determine the future of Russia and Europe for decades to come.
One way or another, serious changes are coming to Russia. As well as Europe. As well as the rest of the world. The rupture of Russia's current ties with the West is another nail in the coffin of globalism and another important step in the fragmentation of the Washington world order. Fortunately for Russia, it will not be alone on this path - there are a number of countries that are subject and are moving in the same direction, albeit in their own way. So there will be no isolation from the "world community", since the real world community is much wider than the US groupings and their satellites. The main question for the near future is how successfully the Russian Federation will be able to withstand the economic consequences of the ongoing break in ties with the West.

In general, I am satisfied, much of what I wrote about for several years comes true literally every day.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Why would someone sitting with thousands of nukes bother with that?

Strategically, taking Chernobyl was an obvious move. From everything I’ve read it’s a straight path from there to Kiev.

Think: as soon as Putin deploys nukes, Russia will become wasteland as well.

Using the nuclear power plant at Chernobyl the way I described will give the European nations something else to worry about.

7 minutes ago, Coil said:

What Russian propagandists write and why Russia needs this war:

We are witnessing the formation of Iron Curtain 2.0 within the framework of the long-standing Cold War, which started in 2014 with a coup in Kyiv and the civil war unleashed in Ukraine.
Its borders in Europe have already been generally defined - there remains an ambiguity with Ukraine. How and how successfully the RF Armed Forces solve problems in Ukraine will determine the borders of the Iron Curtain south of Belarus right up to the Black Sea.
The rupture of relations with the West is complete and, accordingly, this is the end of the campaign to the West (but the people who have been going there for 30 years have not gone anywhere, this is especially noticeable in the domestic "intelligentsia" and part of the Russian "economic elites"), which began in Perestroika. It remains only to turn off SWIFT (they will turn it off, don't worry). It was a conscious choice and it was made. Today's response of Medvedev to the imposed sanctions, if briefly sounded like "We don't care about you and your sanctions" and "Europe - go to hell."

In view of what the events are acquiring epochal significance and they will determine the future of Russia and Europe for decades to come.
One way or another, serious changes are coming to Russia. As well as Europe. As well as the rest of the world. The rupture of Russia's current ties with the West is another nail in the coffin of globalism and another important step in the fragmentation of the Washington world order. Fortunately for Russia, it will not be alone on this path - there are a number of countries that are subject and are moving in the same direction, albeit in their own way. So there will be no isolation from the "world community", since the real world community is much wider than the US groupings and their satellites. The main question for the near future is how successfully the Russian Federation will be able to withstand the economic consequences of the ongoing break in ties with the West.

In general, I am satisfied, much of what I wrote about for several years comes true literally every day.

Yeah, they've got Venezuela and Serbia to help them nail own coffin.

Chinese economy is near coupled with American one, it's a big mistake to think China would sacrifice anything for Russia. What China will do is turn Russia into their client state. Instead of becoming a part of EUrope and the West, Putin is delivering Russian economic and therefore, a little later, their complete sovereignty into Chinese hands.   

Etc. 

Putin can't bear being one of the equals, he chose shutting Russia down, just to keep his precious throne, at the expense of Russian people.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Br Cornelius said:

This could cause a total melt down and death to just about everything in Europe - can't see it happening. Chernobyl was stablized nothing more and they are already worried about changes in ground water around the plant.

Br Cornelius

Considering that it appears Putin is suffering from some mental problem, he might consider it an option.

395239796_ChernobylPlume.thumb.jpg.c4a8566905d2132ddf4a46b32814175f.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

@FLOMBIE @KatzenkingI think it's about time Germany moves on. I know various ****s would blame Germans today for WWII, which happened long before any of us was born, because it was so convenient. I've seen it on this site too. Someone's losing an argument and goes "yeah, but Nazis". 

But sane people won't blame Germans today for history that happened before you were born. What Germany shows today, proves with actions, is that your country can be trusted more than average at taking care about human rights or keeping peace. 

Baltic states asked Germany to lead the resistance to Putin. It's an example of trust your country has earned. My part of EUrope trusts you too. I understand the caution, but you can trust the rest of EUrope when we tell you that you are the most responsible and least likely to repeat any mistakes from WWII era. 

While Ukraine, EU, complete Europe and the rest of the world too, everyone is facing threat of Putin's quite fascist insanity. 

Medvedev expects Russia to be cut off SWIFT too, anyway, it is Putin's decision to cut Russia off the world. Even if Germany and France and others who tried, were successful in calming Putin down, he would do this all a while later. 

He knows he can't keep power if he doesn't isolate Russia and keep it totalitarian darkness.  

It's not German or Dutch or Martian fault, it's his own fault. 

No one could have predicted just how insane he'll go. What was done so far was done and it was done because it was perfectly sane thing to do (like buying natural gas and trying to have Russia come together with the rest of us into 21st century).

So I wish your government would relax and make decisions without expecting the usual "oh, but Nazis" blame. The one in Kremlin is a Nazi. 

Sorry for the long rant. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Considering that it appears Putin is suffering from some mental problem, he might consider it an option.

395239796_ChernobylPlume.thumb.jpg.c4a8566905d2132ddf4a46b32814175f.jpg

There goes Belarus :lol:  

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There goes Belarus :lol:  

Call me crazy, but I have been busy checking the weather forcasts for Ukraine.

Btw., Lucachenko (sp?) will simply deny it ever happened.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Call me crazy, but I have been busy checking the weather forcasts for Ukraine.

Btw., Lucachenko (sp?) will simply deny it ever happened.

Lukashenko, I think. He'd say it was Ukrainians. 

I'm more worried for the active nuclear plant Coil mentioned. On the other hand, Russia can inflict damage only by using missiles, all other forms of aggression are countered exceptionally well. Hitting a nuclear plant with a missile would be pretty much the same as launching the first nuke. But Putin might want that simply to screw up with Ukrainian power grid, radiation being something he just doesn't care about, since he thinks it won't reach him personally. 

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Lukashenko, I think. He'd say it was Ukrainians. 

I'm more worried for the active nuclear plant Coil mentioned. On the other hand, Russia can inflict damage only by using missiles, all other forms of aggression are countered exceptionally well. Hitting a nuclear plant with a missile would be pretty much the same as launching the first nuke. But Putin might want that simply to screw up with Ukrainian power grid, radiation being something he just doesn't care about, since he thinks it won't reach him personally. 

They arent targeting the nuclear power plants, hence why their electricity is still on.

They want to inherit a worthwhile country, not an irradiated wasteland.

5 minutes ago, odas said:

Not sure if this is true since I cannot find any other info but if it is it is Huge. Finally the world comes together.

It's true, I believe, Croatian media report it as legitimate. 

Go, sultan :clap:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

They arent targeting the nuclear power plants, hence why their electricity is still on.

They want to inherit a worthwhile country, not an irradiated wasteland.

The word is that Putin is furious because the invasion is looking like a failure. So type faster. And see my signature for any further clarifications. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's true, I believe, Croatian media report it as legitimate. 

Go, sultan :clap:

And Orban is switching too to the bright side I heard. Anyway, my message to Orban, "hope you finally realized that gays are not the enemy, it is the dictatorships. Kneeling does not kill, bombs by dictators do".

• Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked