Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Wiki, last updated sometime today gives the following stats:

Ukrainian Military Losses: 4619 soldiers killed, around 10,000 wounded, 70 missing, 2768 captured, 9268 who have switched sides, and over 300 tanks destroyed (which is most of Ukrainian tanks).

Ukrainian Civilian Losses: Different sources quoted, the worst says 13,300 killed, 33,500 wounded.

Russia has similar numbers for military personal killed or wounded. But they are currently using mostly conscripts and T80s. All their professional soldiers and decent tanks are still on the border.

Liar. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casualties_of_the_Russo-Ukrainian_War

• Like 1

Guest Br Cornelius
1 minute ago, DarkHunter said:

A lot of destroyed Russian convoys and columns, speculation that America is feeding Ukraine real time intelligence so they can target these convoys and columns at the best location possible.

That would be good if true.

Br Cornelius

2 minutes ago, Br Cornelius said:

That would be good if true.

Br Cornelius

So far today seen a few different videos from clearly different locations of decently long lines of destroyed Russian military vehicles.  Somehow Ukraine is knowing where these vehicles are moving to and when to strike them.

• Like 3

Guest Br Cornelius
6 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

So far today seen a few different videos from clearly different locations of decently long lines of destroyed Russian military vehicles.  Somehow Ukraine is knowing where these vehicles are moving to and when to strike them.

Going to rattle Putins cage alright.

Hit their supply line and keep on hitting them.

Br Cornelius

The head of Mykolaev, Vitaliy Kim, reported that enemy tanks were passing through the city with gunfire, and Ukrainian troops were catching up with them..

• Thanks 2

Hearing reports that Germany is no longer blocking Russia being blocked from SWIFT.  If Germany is now going with blocking Russia from SWIFT they will probably be able to get the few if any remaining European holdouts to agree.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Hearing reports that Germany is no longer blocking Russia being blocked from SWIFT.  If Germany is now going with blocking Russia from SWIFT they will probably be able to get the few if any remaining European holdouts to agree.

Italy, Hungary, Cyprus, Germany, everyone agrees, call me stupid if I forgot there's anyone else, but I think there isn't. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Italy, Hungary, Cyprus, Germany, everyone agrees, call me stupid if I forgot there's anyone else, but I think there isn't. 

That's all of them, I heard Italy and Germany agreed, havent heard Cyprus and Hungary changed their position yet but I been focusing on other aspects of the Russian invasion.

To avoid making two post Germany has agreed to send 1,000 anti-tank missiles and 500 stinger missiles to Ukraine.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

That's all of them, I heard Italy and Germany agreed, havent heard Cyprus and Hungary changed their position yet but I been focusing on other aspects of the Russian invasion.

I'm sure Orban said Hungary will support all sanctions and won't block anything, I'm pretty sure Cyprus agreed too, earlier. 

11 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

To avoid making two post Germany has agreed to send 1,000 anti-tank missiles and 500 stinger missiles to Ukraine.

Yes!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its only day 3, it took the USA 40 days to do Iraq.

Time to apply some critical thinking I think. I really dont see how Ukraine will win this, and they seem to be determined to make civilians a target by arming them. That will be a human tragedy.

They don't need to 'win', they just need to make it too hard/expensive for Russia.

It took the US 40 days to complete the invasion but another 20 years to lose the war.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm sure Orban said Hungary will support all sanctions and won't block anything, I'm pretty sure Cyprus agreed too, earlier. 

Yes!

Germany sending weapons directly is a massive political win for Ukraine and probably the last thing Russia wanted to happen.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Germany sending weapons directly is a massive political win for Ukraine and probably the last thing Russia wanted to happen.

I think the key factor was that Germany would never send weapons against Russia, but Putin is not Russia. When Germany is sending weapons against Putin, they are helping Russia too, because Russia too must save itself from Putin.  

True Russia is protesting against this war, getting beaten and arrested. 

Putler screwed up so hard he managed to increase NATO presence in Eastern Europe to historic height and made Germany relax their dogma about export of weapons into warzones - because of German history. They are obviously determined to not allow any next Hitler and Putler is exactly that. 

Rant over. 

On more practical side, all railroads that connect Ukraine and Russia were disabled, so Russians can't use trains for their logistics.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

On more practical side, all railroads that connect Ukraine and Russia were disabled, so Russians can't use trains for their logistics.   

I read an article a couple months ago that went into how a Russian invasion into Ukraine would go from a more logistics point of view, also went into Russia invading the Baltics and Poland and the logistics issues they would face. 

Essentially assuming the information from the article was right then Russia could only sustain an advance of about 90 miles from a usable railroad with their force composition and amount of logistics vehicles before needing to stop and set up new supply depots.  Going beyond 90 miles would risk them out running supply lines.  That was assuming good conditions, the article did mention as logistics vehicles were destroyed, and suggested targeting them would be more strategically useful then targeting tanks, that the distance and ability for Russia to sustain an advance drops drastically.

Since Ukraine seems to be hitting logistics vehicles every chance they get and with reports and pictures of abandoned Russian tanks and armored vehicles due to lack of fuel it does seem to suggest that the attacks are having an effect and that this invasion was poorly planned out.

• Like 3

It is estimated that assembled Russian troops have gone from 33% to 50% in Ukraine.

9 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I read an article a couple months ago that went into how a Russian invasion into Ukraine would go from a more logistics point of view, also went into Russia invading the Baltics and Poland and the logistics issues they would face. 

Essentially assuming the information from the article was right then Russia could only sustain an advance of about 90 miles from a usable railroad with their force composition and amount of logistics vehicles before needing to stop and set up new supply depots.  Going beyond 90 miles would risk them out running supply lines.  That was assuming good conditions, the article did mention as logistics vehicles were destroyed, and suggested targeting them would be more strategically useful then targeting tanks, that the distance and ability for Russia to sustain an advance drops drastically.

Since Ukraine seems to be hitting logistics vehicles every chance they get and with reports and pictures of abandoned Russian tanks and armored vehicles due to lack of fuel it does seem to suggest that the attacks are having an effect and that this invasion was poorly planned out.

Uploader of this video age restricted it for some reason.

This is the conversation supposedly.

"Driver: Having a breakdown lads?
Soldiers: Can we have some diesel?
Driver: Maybe you want me to tow you back to Russia?
Soldiers: laughing
Driver: Do yo even know where you are going?
Soldiers: No, not really
Driver: To Kiev
Solders: Really?
Driver: Yeap
Soldier: What are they saying on the news?
Driver: So far everything is on our side. Yours surrender very well, because your lads also don't know where they are going. I have asked the entire column like yours and nobody even knows where they are going. "

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Putler screwed up so hard he managed to increase NATO presence in Eastern Europe to historic height and made Germany relax their dogma about export of weapons into warzones - because of German history. They are obviously determined to not allow any next Hitler and Putler is exactly that. 

Not only that, whatever the outcome of Ukraine, NATO members defence spending is likely to increase above the requested 2% GDP mark, Every inch of Russian Territory is going to have a orbital surveillance doing the rounds, Military R&D is going to have a very anti-Russian stance, and likely quite a few independent nations are going to look at NATO membership.  I’m thinking Japan is going to be making some moves to shrug off its post war limitations, and get over that article 9 clause.

We also saw Anonymous rather hilariously hacking Russian state media and government websites.  It’s going to be open season on Russia, even if it is illegal, no one will care.  Russian citizens are going to be so hated across the world, the pressure from ordinary Russians on Putin is going to be so immense that half of his armed forces will be employed just maintaining internal security.

This is Putin’s Bridge too far.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Driver: So far everything is on our side. Yours surrender very well, because your lads also don't know where they are going. I have asked the entire column like yours and nobody even knows where they are going. "

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7OC1HsukmEM&feature=youtu.be

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

I remember seeing that video yesterday, guy was brave going up to the Russian soldiers but definitely a rather hilarious situation.

Apparently an order went out for Ukranians to take down all road signs to make navigation that much more difficult for the Russians.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Well it speaks volumes when not even the ****ing Taliban will support you in your anti-west crusade.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

I remember seeing that video yesterday, guy was brave going up to the Russian soldiers but definitely a rather hilarious situation.

Apparently an order went out for Ukranians to take down all road signs to make navigation that much more difficult for the Russians.

I can't post a photo here because it contains words that would be censored if they were in English, but there's a humorous photoshop of a road sign in Ukraine, instructing Russians to go left and end up *censored*, or right and end up *censored* and so on. 

:D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Ukraine seems to be doing a good job of holding Russia off. Apparently the more seasoned Russian troops have been held in reserve but are now being deployed.

But if Putin commits too many troops he will start leaving his own back door open, will somebody as paranoid as Putin risk this. 

"Moscow called on “all units” to move into Ukraine in the coming days, as NATO begins a rapid resupply effort to deliver weapons."

The rapid reequipping effort, in Ukraine, marks a remarkable new moment in post-Cold War European history, with a majority of the continent openly working to defeat Russian forces in the field and showing no inclination to hide their intent to punish the Kremlin.

“It is remarkable that so many western governments — the US, the UK, the Dutch — are *overtly* shipping anti-tank and anti-aircraft weapons to Ukraine right now in the middle of its war with Russia. Not even hiding it. Publicizing it. Loudly,” tweeted Andrew Exum, previously a top Pentagon official in the Obama administration.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/02/26/russian-troops-invading-ukraine-00012089

• Like 5

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked