Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

German government gave permission for Estonia to send the howitzers it has been wanting to send to Ukraine.  They also finally delivered the 5,000 helmets they promised.

The sudden change in Germany's policy is definitely beneficial and will help create a stronger united response to Russia but I have a feeling Germany knows or learned something that caused this change in behavior.  Going from refusing to send anything to agreeing to it seems every weapon transfer and sending 1,000 panzerfaust 3s and 500 stingers is still surprising and odd.

Even Hungary has done a sudden policy change towards Russia.  I have absolutely no proof but I suspect they got good intelligence that Putin wasnt planning on stopping with Ukraine.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 6

Australia has issued a statement saying Russia must pay a heavy price for invading Ukraine and that they will be sending lethal aid to Ukraine through NATO partners, primarily America, UK, and I believe Canada.  

Didnt expect Australia to really be getting involved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

59 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Australia has issued a statement saying Russia must pay a heavy price for invading Ukraine and that they will be sending lethal aid to Ukraine through NATO partners, primarily America, UK, and I believe Canada.  

Didnt expect Australia to really be getting involved.

Australia goes where America commands. 

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

I have a feeling Germany knows or learned something that caused this change in behavior.  Going from refusing to send anything to agreeing to it seems every weapon transfer and sending 1,000 panzerfaust 3s and 500 stingers is still surprising and odd.

I think the Germans finally gave permission for the weapon transfer because of heavy political pressure of Poland. Poland accused Germany of being 'egoistic'. Poland wanted a tougher stand against Russia for a long time.

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/ukraine-unterstuetzung-101.html

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

German government gave permission for Estonia to send the howitzers it has been wanting to send to Ukraine.  They also finally delivered the 5,000 helmets they promised.

The sudden change in Germany's policy is definitely beneficial and will help create a stronger united response to Russia but I have a feeling Germany knows or learned something that caused this change in behavior.  Going from refusing to send anything to agreeing to it seems every weapon transfer and sending 1,000 panzerfaust 3s and 500 stingers is still surprising and odd.

Even Hungary has done a sudden policy change towards Russia.  I have absolutely no proof but I suspect they got good intelligence that Putin wasnt planning on stopping with Ukraine.

It's not really surprising. 

It became apparent Putin is the next Hitler. Germany will not tolerate that ****. 

They were cautious, not wanting to inflict damage on Russian population, not because they like Putler. 

edit: and what Abramelin said too.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

Ukrainians took down road signs to make it more difficult for Russians, but some signs were replaced, I thought it's photoshop, it's not, they really have road signs showing Russians to go **** themselves straight, or turn left to **** themselves, or turn right to **** back to Russia :lol:   

https://www.index.hr/vijesti/clanak/ukrajinska-tvrtka-koja-odrzava-ceste-putokazima-zbunjuje-ruse-odjbite-u-rusiju/2343017.aspx

Legends! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

I think the Germans finally gave permission for the weapon transfer because of heavy political pressure of Poland. Poland accused Germany of being 'egoistic'. Poland wanted a tougher stand against Russia for a long time.

https://www.tagesschau.de/inland/ukraine-unterstuetzung-101.html

Quote from the article:

"Unter anderem hatte Polens Regierungschef Mateusz Morawiecki "Egoismus" im Ukraine-Konflikt vorgeworfen. Die 5000 Schutzhelme, die Berlin der Ukraine zugesagt hatte, bezeichnete der polnische Ministerpräsident als "eine Art Witz". Die Ukraine brauche "richtige Hilfe", also "Waffen". Die Ukrainer kämpften nicht nur für sich selbst, "sie kämpfen auch für uns. Für unsere Freiheit, unsere Souveränität. Damit wir nicht die Nächsten sind, die an die Reihe kommen", betonte er. "

The Polish prime minister called the offer of Germany to send 5000 helmets 'a kind of joke'. "The Ukrainians need real help ànd weapons. The Ukrainians not only fight for themselves, but also for us. For our freedom, for our sovereignty. So we won't be the next in line."

• Like 1

Just an observation, which I hope reflects a possible brighter future - but from this distance away and relying on TV and news feeds, I am definitely getting the impression that the rank and file Russian soldiers have no real investment in this war. They are not sure why they are in Ukraine, they don't seem to want the fight, they don't believe in what they are doing. 

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, RAyMO said:

Just an observation, which I hope reflects a possible brighter future - but from this distance away and relying on TV and news feeds, I am definitely getting the impression that the rank and file Russian soldiers have no real investment in this war. They are not sure why they are in Ukraine, they don't seem to want the fight, they don't believe in what they are doing. 

Some of the conscripts didn't even know they're in Ukraine. They knew they're in Belarus, doing an exercise. Then they were transported to continue with an exercise - only they were thrown into an actual war. 

Putin is using 19 year old conscripts as cannon fodder. 

He's using elite forces too, and spent already at least few hundred of them, like highly trained folks grow in trees. He's going to miss that wasted force once someone has to protect his ass from the inevitable.   

Shocking chunk of Russian population doesn't know - if you've got no one in the family who's surfing the net or watching foreign stations, you don't know. 

Which is why it's so great that Anonymous and other white-hat guys are hacking Russian sites and stations, showing Russian population the truth. Hacking is ethical in this case because it's a part of information campaign that counters Putler's disinformation campaign. 

• Like 5

Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum said, at the same day Putin attacked Ukraine: 

This morning, Russia attacked Ukraine. This act of barbarity will be judged by history, and its perpetrators, it is to be hoped, also by the International Court of Justice," the Holocaust remembrance museum, located at the site of the infamous death camp established in Nazi-occupied Poland, said in a blistering statement.

"As we stand at the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial, it is impossible to remain silent while, once again, innocent people are being killed purely because of insane pseudo-imperial megalomania," the statement continued.

The museum, which educates people about genocide, expressed solidarity with Ukraine and warned that "any symptom of indifference is a sign of complicity."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

All attacks are successfully repelled in different cities. The enemy failed to take Nikolaev, Kharkov, Kyiv.

Now a convoy of 20 armored personnel carriers and tanks, which the Ukrainian soldiers tried to block by blowing up the bridge in Bucha, has found a way out and is heading in the direction of Svyatoshyn, Kyiv.

This column will be stopped and destroyed. Zelensky says that the attackers have one or two attempts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Russians opened fire at a bus with civilians in the Okhtyrka district in the Sumy region, local media report. The number of victims has yet to be determined. Russian forces didn't allow the ambulance to approach the bus, and the area was mined, the media reported.

Putin's forces are war criminals. He's a war criminal. 

This is just one small example of their war crimes. 

Also, some bright news: 

The International Judo Federation has suspended Vladimir Putin from the post of honorary president and ambassador. The decision is one of a series of sporting sanctions announced in recent days.

Russia's Grand Prix of Formula 1, due to be held in Sochi in September, has been canceled. And earlier in the week it was announced that the Champions League final in 2022 will be played in Paris and not in St. Petersburg.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

I just watched the German Chancellor give his speech to the Parliament. He was incredible. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, susieice said:

I just watched the German Chancellor give his speech to the Parliament. He was incredible. 

EUrope is now all set to go :yes:

• Like 3

Kharkiv is under Ukrainian control!

It's being completely cleared of Russian aggressor. 

• Like 4

Lukashenko keeps trying to lure Zelensky into Belarus (where Zelensky would be taken hostage or assassinated), to negotiate (Russian demands come down to surrender of Ukraine). 

Zelensky is willing to talk to Russians, but of course not in Belarus, that joined Russian aggression, hosts Russian troops and fires missiles at Ukraine. 

• Like 3

Only 15 hours have passed since the launch of the "Return Alive from Ukraine" hotline for Russian women. During this time, 5 operators from the Kyiv Dialogue Police received about 700 calls from mothers in Russia, who are horrified - they have not had any contact with their sons for 4 days, "the statement reads. It is reported that several thousand more calls remained unanswered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I wonder how many more headlines we're going to see where "officials believe Kyev will be lost in 24 - 48 hours". I remember last night they were saying the same thing, and the day before, and yet here we are.

I think it's amazing how Russia is realizing that these aren't the same folks that he encountered in Crimea, 2014. I suspect that he thought it would essentially be the same thing - he goes in and demands their surrender, and they comply.

Nope.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I wonder how many more headlines we're going to see where "officials believe Kyev will be lost in 24 - 48 hours". I remember last night they were saying the same thing, and the day before, and yet here we are.

I think it's amazing how Russia is realizing that these aren't the same folks that he encountered in Crimea, 2014. I suspect that he thought it would essentially be the same thing - he goes in and demands their surrender, and they comply.

Nope.

Not only Kyiv didn't fall, Ukraine just returned Kharkiv under Ukrainian control :D 

And this is not the same world that it was in 2014. A lot has happened since then and except the Coronavirus, every other scourge was either Putin's direct fault, either he meddled and supported the worst. 

Putin is insane (chemically induced or natural development of an illness, possibly both) and he keeps going on according to a "plan" that has visibly failed, that consists of "everyone panics and surrenders to us". 

Insiders say he's got no real tactical plan, no idea what to do in case his grandiose image of superior Russia fails. 

• Like 1

From the Crimea through the Kherson region in the direction of Mykolaiv, a column of Russian equipment is moving, it was decided to raise the bridges in the city again. We raise bridges and dismantle electronic control systems in them. Also, just in case, they are mined. In the event of a breakthrough of Russian forces will be blown up. This you must understand. How much time we have to repel the attack of infidels, I do not know, they are moving in the direction of the city, in the direction of the region, in our direction. The Mykolaiv mayor Alexander Senkevich reported.

14:39

Edited by Coil
  • Thanks 5

If they can clear/ evacuate the civilians , inner city fighting can be really tough and difficult on the ground. Down side is more lives lost and much infrastructure damage.

Edited by razman

One of the units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the area of the settlement of Priluki, Chernihiv region, destroyed a tank company of the Russian army along with its personnel. 14:24.

621b6cba70759.jpeg

621b6cc436dc9.jpeg

• Like 4

UAV "Bayraktar" struck a column of occupation troops near Kherson. The blow to the Russian military took place near the village of Chernobaevka.

• Like 3

Chief of Russian "negotiating" team and aide to Putin, claims Ukraine agreed to show up at negotiations in Belarus. 

I totally expect Yanukovich shows up :lol: and starts claiming he's president of Ukraine, or Queen of Madagascar or mother of Putin's children, whichever. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Haha 6

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked