Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

7 minutes ago, joc said:

Really?  A Gulag?  He isn't going to expand any assault anywhere...he has a war going on in Ukraine...the people of that country cannot stop him.  The EU cannot stop him...he already knows the world doesn't support him and he doesn't care.  

Do you remember years ago when I said...It isn't China you need to keep your eyes on...it's Russia.  This is what I was talking about.  The Russian people are not going to protest too much...they are in fear of him as well.

Hi Joc

Actually the Ukrainian people have been outstanding in their resolve and are receiving support Putin is not in a good place his own people did not know they were going to a conflict site not to mention that parents wives and children did/do not know that their family is there in a war situation so the deception he has created in his country will come back on him.

PS

a slug would be an effective gulag to me.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 3

Putin wouldn’t go to a Gulag. It’s president of Russia or nothing for him. If he thinks he will lose his position, or country, then he’s not going quietly. 

I think something else is going on. Something triggered this attack other than just wanting to rebuild the USSR, and I don’t think it has to do with keeping NATO out. Win or lose, he is making NATO stronger and he realizes it. And if he decides to attack a NATO country, then I think he has already decided to use nukes. I think he’d rather take as much out with him as possible, then just lose Russia. 

Either the Russian people need to take him out, or a government needs to assassinate him.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, F3SS said:

I haven't seen a president this badass since Harrison Ford in Air Force One. 

It just occurred to me that Putin, who has always wanted to give the impression of being bold and brave, has CREATED that global persona around a guy who obviously loves his nation and is stepping up and risking everything for it.  The irony is sublime...

• Like 3

Been looking around. It seems he would go in front of the International Criminal Court and he is being watched.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/crime-watch-icc-prosecutor-monitoring-ukraine-invasion-83125179

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ChewiesArmy said:

Putin wouldn’t go to a Gulag. It’s president of Russia or nothing for him. If he thinks he will lose his position, or country, then he’s not going quietly. 

I think something else is going on. Something triggered this attack other than just wanting to rebuild the USSR, and I don’t think it has to do with keeping NATO out. Win or lose, he is making NATO stronger and he realizes it. And if he decides to attack a NATO country, then I think he has already decided to use nukes. I think he’d rather take as much out with him as possible, then just lose Russia. 

Either the Russian people need to take him out, or a government needs to assassinate him.

Hi Chewie

Yes I think the Russians will take him out for one reason or the other

• Like 2

This war can be ended with a single bullet.  It is entirely a matter of Putin having too much power.  As Stalin would have said... If you have a man, you have a problem.  Remove the man.  No problem.

It may take Putin's cronies a month or more to realize he has become a huge liability, but Russians are not a sentimental people, nor know for their loyalty, especially with every Totalitarian lined up behind him wanting to become Der Fuhrer.  The war is already looking like a Russian debacle in its opening days, imagine how bad it will be in a month.  This is no Operation Desert Storm, this is Operation Faceplant so far.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I know what you mean, absolutely. But it is a European war that is happening. Europe. It may not be your continent, but it is mine, and it is precious to me, and affects us in Europe. More than half the people in the UK realise they are Europeans and we feel an affinity for our own continent. Sorry about that if it offends you.

Yeah... but there's a time and a place for those discussions.  Right now, innocent human beings are being slaughtered on a whim by an insane leader.

• Like 3

I've got no time right now to read the thread, I love you all, if there's any pro-Putin ****, go **** yourself.

I'm just dropping by to say that von der Leyen said: Ukraine is one of us, we want Ukraine to join the EU. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I am so surprised you believe this. You support Brexit, which is1.doing twice the economic harm of Covid to the UK,  2.reducing the UKs international political standing and soft power, 3.enables the UK to be ruled by third-class, selfish and rather stupid politicians, 4. creates individual hardship for the business people who are trying to run SMEs, 5. will very possibly de-rail peace in Ireland, 6. weakens the EU (our own continent and our own people, remember) and 7,makes our cost of living crisis even more acute. If you, an educated middle-class UK citizen will put up with all this because of your xenophobic ideology, why on earth do you think Russian citizens, who have been bombarded with even more propaganda than we have, will do a U-turn? They will just blame Ukraine for their misfortune, as Brexiters blame the EU for ours.

Lets start a crowd fund to get the Bunter the Clown and his Russian- supported Cabinet removed from power, and get some genuine Tory politicians to sort the mess out.

Oh pizz off you uppity little man I was being facetious.

You know what, I’m done with you, after over ten years you have the honour sir of being the first person to be blocked.

Now carry on being angry with everything.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Joc

Actually the Ukrainian people have been outstanding in their resolve and are receiving support Putin is not in a good place his own people did not know they were going to a conflict site not to mention that parents wives and children did/do not know that their family is there in a war situation so the deception he has created in his country will come back on him.

PS

a slug would be an effective gulag to me.

There has never been anything but deception between the Russian Government and the Russian Citizens.  Russia isn't a Democracy.  It is a Totalitarian Regime that puts off the illusion of being something else.  Putin made the decision to attack Ukraine.  He made that decision based on something that everyone can only speculate about.  Having made the decision he is not going to back down. Putting his country on High Nuclear Alert or whatever only reinforces that message.  It isn't Putin's war to lose...it is the worlds war to lose...and the world is not and cannot fight Ukraines's war for them...maybe for a short time but in the long run, Ukraine's resolve is irrelevant.  This is not an NFL football game.  The outcome isn't uncertain...except in the speculative minds of some.  Just my opinion jmccr8.

Financial sanctions are starting to bite:

The Moscow stock exchange will not open on Monday and Russia’s central bank more than doubled interest rates after the rouble plummeted to a record low as the West ramped up its financial assault on President Putin....... The Central Bank of Russia has built up a war chest of about $640bn in foreign reserves, most of which is held overseas. In an extreme situation, it could lose control of most of this cash, leaving it with only gold and Chinese yuan.

Peter Schaffrik, an analyst at Royal Bank of Canada, said such action could cripple the central bank’s ability to support the rouble.

He added “the impact on the Russian economy will be severe, most likely resulting in substantially higher costs of living”.

Rouble plunges and interest rates double as Russian economy reels from sanctions (msn.com)

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, joc said:

This is not an NFL football game.  The outcome isn't uncertain...except in the speculative minds of some.  Just my opinion jmccr8.

Hi Joc

Sorry I don't watch sports and didn't see a likeness. Of course the outcome is uncertain and that is why I won't be certain that Putin doesn't eat lead over this. Great we both have an opinion:D:tu:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Joc

Sorry I don't watch sports and didn't see a likeness. Of course the outcome is uncertain and that is why I won't be certain that Putin doesn't eat lead over this. Great we both have an opinion:D:tu:

It is a shame that people like Putin exist.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It is a shame that people like Putin exist.

Hi Nuke

Yes and he has lost everything Russia could hope to gain at this point he has hurt his own people as well as the people from the Ukraine. The world will be a cold shoulder to him if he does survive and likely from his own people as well.

• Like 3

For the aircraft Ukraine is getting, Bulgaria is sending Mig-29s and Su-25s, Poland is sending Mig-29s, and Slovakia is sending Mig-29s.

Belarus seems like they are about to open a new front in the far west of Ukraine with a large military convoy heading towards Brest, the military convoy has a red square painted on its vehicles.  Speculation is they will stage in Brest and then try to invade Ukraine near the Polish border in an attempt to cut off supplies.  This is extremely dangerous as the Belarusian military isnt the most well trained or professional and a large military operation will be taking place very close to a NATO ally.

Russia is losing massive amounts of convoys to Ukranian ambushes and drone strikes.  It seems the Russians are doing absolutely nothing to protect their supply lines.  Also a lot of Russian vehicles are being taken due to lack of fuel with Ukranian civilians now starting to loot convoys for weapons and ammo, seen a video of Ukranian civilians climbing onto an abandoned Russian tank and trying to take off what looked like a dShK heavy machine gun and its ammo.  

Kharkiv got shelled directly with a massive grad barrage.  It seems Russian frustration at bring unable to take large cities is growing and they are moving towards a mentality of trying to punish/destroy cities they cant take quickly.

Even Luxembourg is deciding to send weapons to Ukraine, sending about 100 nlaw missiles, 15 tents, and allowing other NATO countries to use space on its A400 to transport supplies to Ukraine.  

The Ukranians sent a delegation to meet with the Russians in Belarus to discuss a ceasefire/end of hostilities.  Seems no one is expecting anything from this meeting, only question is if the Ukranian delegation will be allowed to leave after or not.

Lastly Ukraine has issued a statement that Russia has sent 400 wagner mercenaries to try and kill the Ukranian president but that they have failed, that some have been killed or captured and others fled back over the border.  

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Switzerland has broken its neutral stance and has adopted EU sanctions against Russia.  It's bad when the Swiss wont even stay neutral.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

I hope @Coil is alive and will be able to post again. 

Macron talked to Putin. Putin said that he might consider cease fire and stopping the blockade of Ukrainian roads, but he keeps prattling about demilitarization, denazification (!?) and neutrality of Ukraine. 

Of course the little **** wants demilitarized Ukraine so he can attack again. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I hope @Coil is alive and will be able to post again. 

Macron talked to Putin. Putin said that he might consider cease fire and stopping the blockade of Ukrainian roads, but he keeps prattling about demilitarization, denazification (!?) and neutrality of Ukraine. 

Of course the little **** wants demilitarized Ukraine so he can attack again. 

Putin probably didn't say that. I wouldn't believe a word of Macron's. LOL.

I hope it doesn't lift the sanctions if he did. He's barbaric and shouldn't be interacting as a major player in a modern world. He can have his police state.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Putin probably didn't say that. I wouldn't believe a word of Macron's. LOL.

Or Putin's. 

The bottom line is, even if it was said, it doesn't seem useful at all. What cease fire? Get the **** out of Ukraine. And little **** wants Crimea and the usual mythology with Jewish Nazis and demilitarization. 

I want Kremlin demilitarized. And de-ratized.  

• Like 4

Video of Zelensky applying for EU membership.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, susieice said:

Good for Mitt. Seriously wtf is happening with the republican party now in days. 

I barely recognize them anymore 

• Like 4

The negotiations (those held at Belarus border, in one of Lukashenko's residences) resulted with conclusion that they will be continued. 

At least no one attempted assassinating Ukrainian delegation. 

Dmitry Peskov, Kremlin spokesman, didn't want to disclose Russian position for the reporters.  

"I will not disclose our views," he told a news conference Monday. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Video of Zelensky applying for EU membership.

Next apply to NATO :gun:

• Like 6

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked