Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

In an interesting development and a rather odd move the Russian military has attacked the Slovenian consulate in Kharkiv.  Slovenia is vowing there will be consequences.  

Slovenia is a NATO member and consulates are considered territory of the country the consulate belong to.  Not sure if Slovenia will try to call an Article 5 on this or not.  Attacking the consulate is just an odd move from Russia.

That is odd. In his speech tonight, Biden said he won't put troops into Ukraine, but Putin will not get one inch of a NATO country. He mentioned Poland and the Baltic countries. This makes me think if Putin wants to keep trying to up the old USSR, his next move will be against Moldova. unless he's challenging NATO.

Guest Xetan
1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Attacking the consulate is just an odd move from Russia.

It's not odd at all once you put together the fact that their agenda from the beginning has been attempting to goad NATO nations into a response so Putin has an excuse to initiate a nuclear war.

18 minutes ago, Xetan said:

It's not odd at all once you put together the fact that their agenda from the beginning has been attempting to goad NATO nations into a response so Putin has an excuse to initiate a nuclear war.

There's a lot more sanctions in the wings as long as Putin is in Ukraine as I understand it. 

6 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I think demilitarization is the compromise Ukraine will have to make in order to maintain sovereignty. Or perhaps a policy of military neutrality.

Ukraine is a sovereign country. Russia have no right to dictate their policy.

Would you like if another country started to dictate your countrys policy ?

On that note, what is your country ? 

6 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Costa Rica, Iceland, Monaco are exemples of sovereign states without official armed forces.

It's a useless comparison. Costa Rica, Iceland and Monaco don't have hostile countries on their borders. 

Do you ever actually think about your content before you post it ?

• Like 5

12 hours ago, @DarkHunter said:

In an interesting development and a rather odd move the Russian military has attacked the Slovenian consulate in Kharkiv.  Slovenia is vowing there will be consequences.  

Slovenia is a NATO member and consulates are considered territory of the country the consulate belong to.  Not sure if Slovenia will try to call an Article 5 on this or not.  Attacking the consulate is just an odd move from Russia.

The alliance is sending more jets and ships to the region. The decision comes as Britain joined the U.S. in withdrawing the families of diplomats in Kyiv. The New York Times

Not really sure how the NATO Treaty reads regarding Embassies but we are pulling our Diplomats out of the country and so is Britain apparently.  So...I don't think NATO Embassies are protected under the treaty.

But hey, attacking Ukraine at all was an odd move from Russia.

6 hours ago, Xetan said:

...the fact....that their agenda from the beginning has been...to initiate a nuclear war...

Why is it that you and other people think you know so much about Putin's agenda?  You, I and everyone else has ZERO knowledge of Putin's agenda.  I know, I know...you are 'speculating' but speculation doesn't really go with the word 'fact' in the context you presented it...just saying.

On 3/1/2022 at 11:26 PM, Black Red Devil said:

Putin has a history of executing political opponents.  He has NEVER been a 'good' leader and has had hundreds, if not thousands of journalists, political opponents and even simple citizens killed which is the only reason he's been in power in Russia together with his close cronies for so long.  Makes you laugh how Right Wing western leaders and media admired him until they realised the world was horrified at this invasion and it wouldn't have been a good political move to align themselves to him. 

Here are some quotes from the useful Right wing idiots who were prepared to discard his well known murderous implementions but prepared to admire him as a 'strong' (right wing) leader:

DONALD TRUMP: I said, this is genius. Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine - of Ukraine - Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that's wonderful. So Putin is now saying it's independent - a large section of Ukraine. I said, how smart is that?

TUCKER CARLSON: It may be worth asking yourself, since it is getting pretty serious, what is this really about? Why should I hate Putin so much?” he said on his Tuesday night show. “Has Putin ever called me a racist? Has he threatened to get me fired for disagreeing with him?

MIKE POMPEO: Putin is a very talented statesman. He has lots of gifts. He was a KGB agent, for goodness sakes. He knows how to use power. We should respect that.
NIGEL FARAGE: If you poke the Russian bear with a stick, don’t be surprised when he reacts. Farage went on record for saying Putin was the leader he most admired.

Many others like Sean Hannity, Tulsi Gabbard, Marie Le Pen......and the list goes on.

Also laughable is how the Right wing is prepared to blame Biden's weakness for Putin's audacity in the invasion while ignoring the fact they've admired this murderer and built up his reputation for years as the strong leader they most admired.  Disgusting hypocracy.

Dig a little and you will discover that if you follow the money most of these folk are on Putin's payroll.  Once you remove the Marxism from Russia, the remainder equals extremist nationalism, kleptocracy and Totalitarianism, and this is something that the USA's extreme right can get on board with.  On the other hand, not all Republicans... (but way too many).  I seriously hope they stop channeling their ids soon, because it isn't good for themselves or our country.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, and then said:

No, he doesn't but there's little doubt that his people BADLY underestimated the forces arrayed against them on this mission.  The fact is, he shouldn't have needed to use a threat like he did.  It will only strengthen the resolve of the west against his moves going forward.

His soldiers went in thinking Ukraine would drop their arms like they did in Crimea.

Not today, Satan.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Dig a little and you will discover that if you follow the money most of these folk are on Putin's payroll.  Once you remove the Marxism from Russia, the remainder equals extremist nationalism, kleptocracy and Totalitarianism, and this is something that the USA's extreme right can get on board with.  On the other hand, not all Republicans... (but way too many).  I seriously hope they stop channeling their ids soon, because it isn't good for themselves or our country.

That's all just Political Gibberish.   

...you are just regurgitating the rewriting history narrative of the MSM.   No offence just correcting the record... :)

The correction is that Russia fooled everyone.  (except me of course)

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

His soldiers went in thinking Ukraine would drop their arms like they did in Crimea.

Not today, Satan.

Nice comment.  On a more serious note, Ukraine in 2014 had a pitiful armed forces, but they have come a very long way in 8 years.  Putin seriously believed polls from Ukraine that Zelensky's approval was running at -41%, with most people actively disagreeing with Zelensky's policies.  That seriously informed Putin's decision to go to war.  Today Zelensky is the new Ukranian folk hero.  Fortunes of war. 

(On a similar note, Americans tend to forget that Abraham Lincoln was ridiculed and despised until his re-election by a landslide thanks to the Union Army overwhelmingly voting for him.)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, joc said:

That's all just Political Gibberish.   

...you are just regurgitating the rewriting history narrative of the MSM.   No offence just correcting the record... :)

The correction is that Russia fooled everyone.  (except me of course)

Yeah, but then the MSM has so much more regard for actual verifiable facts than FOX.  What's a fella gonna do?  I can't help it if reality has a left wing bias.

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, F3SS said:

Maybe he tries to spin it that way to his people but clearly he is threatening everybody else. It's not really open to interpretation. 

I actually think thats pretty solid speculation. I don't think he ever intended to be embarrassed. George Washington and the continental army could give this military a run for its money. It's that bad and I don't think the young soldiers and conscripts have any desire to fulfill his soviet dreams. In any case, if he wins it'll be a phyrric victory of epic proportions. He's lost everything. 

All I know is that I, myself, personally think that it is incredibly strange to presume that anyone outside of the Putin Hierarchy actually knows what they thought going into Ukraine.  Putin, as someone as already mentioned, is a blackbelt in Judo.  Just when you think you know what he is going to do...you find yourself laying on the mat with the Bear at your throat...so to speak.  Russia also has a long history of Military Propaganda that they throw out to the West to feed on. And the West has a long history of gobbling it up and regurgitating it as 'fact' when in short it's all BS.  Feigning is just one propaganda tool.   

Speculating that one knows  anything about Russia's plans or objectives or strategy is a mistake that many have made with Russia in the past.  

Don't you remember all those James Bond movies?   All that Spy vs Spy stuff regarding the CIA and the KGB?   To think that Russia cares what the world thinks is just one propaganda tool.  When it comes to Russia...trust your instincts from what you know about the Soviet Union...not what Condoleezza Rice or other Political Experts tell  you on CNN and FOX.

11 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Yeah, but then the MSM has so much more regard for actual verifiable facts than FOX.  

You believe that?   I wouldn't put MSM above Fox news as far as factual reporting.   I also wouldn't put Fox news above any other news source.   I find I need to view both and make an educated decision on what the truth may be.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Myles said:

You believe that?   I wouldn't put MSM above Fox news as far as factual reporting.   I also wouldn't put Fox news above any other news source.   I find I need to view both and make an educated decision on what the truth may be.  

I find the best way to make an educated decision is to leave the Media Heads out of my head.  Then you can think clearly...once you turn any of the Media Outlets on, what you are actually doing is inviting them to tell you what to think and how to think.  Who needs that?

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

Yeah, but then the MSM has so much more regard for actual verifiable facts than FOX.  What's a fella gonna do?  I can't help it if reality has a left wing bias.

This fella refuses to listen to any of them. Period.

Guest Xetan
1 hour ago, joc said:

Why is it that you and other people think you know so much about Putin's agenda?  You, I and everyone else has ZERO knowledge of Putin's agenda.  I know, I know...you are 'speculating' but speculation doesn't really go with the word 'fact' in the context you presented it...just saying.

It's patently obvious that he is attempting to initiate a larger conflict with America and/or the rest of Europe. The only speculation involved has to do with the specific details, not the broader picture.

2 minutes ago, Xetan said:

It's patently obvious that he is attempting to initiate a larger conflict with America and/or the rest of Europe. The only speculation involved has to do with the specific details, not the broader picture.

First of all, there is no larger conflict with American and/or the rest of Europe.  Attacking America directly or any NATO member triggers World War Three instantly.  How does being thrust into World War help Putin and Russia to achieve whatever goals they may have?  Any use of nukes would trigger more use of nukes and the whole entire world would cease to exist as the 21st Century knows it.  To think that Putin wants that to happen in my opinion is ludicrous, so, I am asking you to please explain what I apparently am missing as 'patently obvious'.

The Russian news channel RT was off this morning but at early afternoon it was back.
Now it's off again and I guess they have shut it down for good now.
I have watched it quite often in the last days to get some alternative news. Since I am not manipulable it has no influence on me anyway, but to get a full picture it was useful.

Apart from that I watch all others in these days. CNN is one-sided but captivating.
BBC World is ok, France 24 as well. Al Jazeera a bit different but not much and NHK (Japan) is also fully pro-western.
CGTN (China) seems to be very cautious at the moment.
I rarely watch German news channels because they usually provide nothing new and are mostly boring.

47 minutes ago, joc said:

I find the best way to make an educated decision is to leave the Media Heads out of my head.  Then you can think clearly...once you turn any of the Media Outlets on, what you are actually doing is inviting them to tell you what to think and how to think.  Who needs that?

That's right. I will follow this advice and try to stay away from media in the coming days.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, joc said:

Where did this nonsensical idea originate that Putin thought invading Ukraine would be a cake walk?

Probably from everything we've seen from the military campaign to date. It's rather obvious that Putin expected this to be far easier.

6 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

On that note, what is your country ? 

The Soviet Union.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Xetan said:

I don't think that's obvious at all. He's must be fully aware that Russia would be destroyed in a larger conflict, and if all he wanted was nuclear war then he could have just launched nukes as a first strike.

• Like 4

Russian troops ‘sabotaging their own tanks and walking away’ from target towns to avoid combat in Ukraine.

Russian troops are “operating in complete disarray”, their morale sapped and “crying in combat”, voice recordings of frontline soldiers obtained by a British intelligence company suggest.

Intercepted radio messages indicate troops are refusing to obey central command orders, including shelling Ukrainian towns while complaining bitterly of running out of food and fuel.

A senior Pentagon official said yesterday that parts of the Russian army made up of young, poorly trained conscripts, were “ill-prepared” for battle and in some cases, had “deliberately punched holes” in their vehicles’ fuel tanks, to make sure they did not reach the front line.

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/russian-troops-sabotaging-their-own-tanks-and-walking-away-from-target-towns-to-avoid-combat-in-ukraine-41401492.html

• Like 2

Russian convoy obliterated by brave Ukrainian forces near Kyiv.

A Russian convoy have been obliterated near Kyiv as Ukrainian forces continue to stand strong against an invasion on their capital city.

Incredible pictures have emerged of charred Russian military vehicles in the town of Bucha, north-west of Kyiv.

And while many locals walk past the rubble in somewhat disbelief in what they are seeing, others are deciding to salvage any ammunition left behind by the Russians as they continue to do everything, they can in order to defend their region.

https://www.gbnews.uk/news/russian-convoy-obliterated-by-brave-ukrainian-forces-near-kyiv-incredible-pictures/238148

• Like 3

Gazprom shares collapse by 97% in London.

The market capitalisation of Russia’s national gas giant Gazprom saw an unprecedented collapse on March 2 to a mere $250mn at the London Stock Exchange, following a single-day drop in its stock price of 97%.

Russia’s largest oil company Rosneft suffered a similar but less severe 67% nosedive in its share price to $0.88 per share on March 2, giving it a market capitalisation of $9bn.

Shares in Novatek, Russia’s second-biggest gas producer, dropped over 96%, reducing its capitalisation to only $163mn.

Outside the oil and gas space, Russia’s main state-owned lender Sberbank also saw its share price tank by 94.24% in early trading to only $0.01.

https://intellinews.com/breaking-gazprom-shares-collapse-by-97-in-london-market-cap-falls-to-just-250mn-236677/

• Like 3

‘Ireland acting as European HQ for Russian propaganda’: Ukrainians protest at Meta and Google offices.

Ukrainians living in Ireland protested on Wednesday morning outside Meta and Google headquarters in Dublin, demanding the social media companies remove all Russian state-backed propaganda from their platforms.

On Monday, Meta confirmed it was blocking access to RT and Sputnik — Russian state-controlled media outlets — across the EU.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40819965.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, joc said:

Speculating that one knows  anything about Russia's plans or objectives or strategy is a mistake that many have made with Russia in the past.

You speculate as well. 

1 hour ago, joc said:

To think that Putin wants that to happen in my opinion is ludicrous, so, I am asking you to please explain what I apparently am missing as 'patently obvious'.

I don't disagree but this is speculation as much as anything else. Speculation is the nature of conversation when there are so many unknowns.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked