Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

17 hours ago, GodIsWearingBlack said:

I'm in Northern Ireland.  My nation is constantly threatened.  Sometimes it's better to give a little, than take a little, in the long run.  

As for the line, there's already one drawn.  If Putin <bleeps> with NATO, he gets punched in the throat.  He knows that limitation.  Ukraine aren't a part of NATO.  I'm sure that right now, they wish they were, but they aren't.  And as far as world politics go, that's tough luck.  Thousands, even hundreds of thousands of lives, are still preferable to millions of lives, which would almost certainly be the case in WWIII.  

Hi GWB

So picking on independent countries that are not defended by or aligned to NATO is okay in your book? The rest of the world is supplying the Ukraine as best they can within reasonable legal limitations so it would seem that your opinion is a minority.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The footage can be found on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1504397868915908614

That link shows some positions being bombed but the location did not blow up like a warehouse full of weapons would.  There are plenty of videos from the first day of the conflict of Russia hitting actual ammo warehouses, that video doesnt show that at all.

• Like 1

For those interested this is what it looks like when an ammo depot/warehouse is hit.

It's from near the start of the invasion.

Might want to notice the first smaller flash followed by the second significantly larger explosion.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GodIsWearingBlack said:

People within that 80 mile radius were attacking people who weren''t even linked to the same religion, by the end of that very day.  So living within that region doesn't exactly make you an expert.  Also, from what I gather, the US involvement in Afghanistan did help quite a bit, right up until they pulled out and left the defenceless people to the mercies of ruthless AK47-wielding terrorists.  

Hi GWB

They weren't left defenceless, they were given arms and training and their military greatly outnumbered both the Taliban and ISIS forces combined and they just laid down their arms and wouldn't defend themselves, that is on them and no amount of crying will change that.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, and then said:

I asked a question about a specific hypothetical situation.  Why not answer?  IMO, Ukraine is a sovereign state and as such can make the choice that best suits the "group conscience".  My point about the NATO / BALTIC states is a natural question.  Would you support Putin if he chose - for ANY REASON - to "de-Nazify" - them as well?

I have to come to realize that Putin's goal is not to invade and occupy the entire country of Ukraine.  I think they want to roll back the Kiev regime and diminish it's influence , creating a buffer zone in eastern Ukraine. This would secure their borders and greatly diminish the NATO threat. If Western Ukraine can be neutralized in the process, Putin would likely be satisfied. Which is why they don't call this an all-out invasion but a special military operation. We should take heed. Remember, Russian is the most common first language in the Donbas and Crimea regions of Ukraine and the city of Kharkiv, and the predominant language in large cities in the eastern and southern portion of the country. So I think the goal is the partition of Ukraine to protect Russia's interests, similar to what happened to Syria where Russia came in to secure Damascus and other government-held areas in a deadlock between the West and Russia.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I have to come to realize that Putin's goal is not to invade and occupy the entire country of Ukraine.  I think they want to roll back the Kiev regime and diminish it's influence , creating a buffer zone in eastern Ukraine. This would secure their borders and greatly diminish the NATO threat. If Western Ukraine can be neutralized in the process, Putin would likely be satisfied. Which is why they don't call this an all-out invasion but a special military operation. We should take heed. Remember, Russian is the most common first language in the Donbas and Crimea regions of Ukraine and the city of Kharkiv, and the predominant language in large cities in the eastern and southern portion of the country. So I think the goal is the partition of Ukraine to protect Russia's interests, similar to what happened to Syria where Russia came in to secure Damascus and other government-held areas in a deadlock between the West and Russia.

Russia must really not be doing good if they are already putting this kind of cope explanation out there lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Myles said:

We have even seen it in this thread.   You are not allowed to say negative things about Ukraine.  

Awwww well that's a real damn shame then,because I don't really care...

I'll say negative things about my own family members if I think they deserve it :lol:

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

My point is that Ukraine isn't unique in having a draft. 

Almost every nation has a draft on the laws for the very reason of self defense if an invasion happens. Otherwise why even have a draft. 

The US would do it if invaded, as well as almost every other nation.

So signalling Ukraine out as bad for this seems misplaced. It's not unique. It's expected. 

The focus should be on the invaders causing the problem in the first place. 

Oh I get that,and I agree...all countries have their version of a draft.

Ukraine just needs to get with the times,women's rights and all! :lol:

I think we are seeing the truth about war here..."Diversity and inclusion" doesn't win battles and wars,angry and brave SOB's with better weapons win battles and wars ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Does anyone have a map of which side holds what territory currently?

5 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Russia is about to find out why Americans don't have universal healthcare :lol:

4rbfrisg5un81.thumb.jpg.43266989795bbae12c097705bca2748c.jpg

Morbidly humorous but very true in a sense...

No free healthcare and no free college for us,but does everyone else have their munitions?!...:lol:

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I have to come to realize that Putin's goal is not to invade and occupy the entire country of Ukraine. 

And if you are wrong and he sends his forces into one or more of the Baltic states?  Should they roll over as well?  Would you support the same kind of action we are seeing in Ukraine today, in Lithuania or Latvia tomorrow?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, and then said:

And if you are wrong and he sends his forces into one or more of the Baltic states?  Should they roll over as well?  Would you support the same kind of action we are seeing in Ukraine today, in Lithuania or Latvia tomorrow?

He has already made claims to the parts of his neighboring countries where ethnically Russian people live.  Who else did that?  Hmmm...let me see.  

WhatsApp_Image_2022-02-25_at_1-647x363.j

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, and then said:

Putin I believe after Ukraine will know his old antique army can go no further...he's mad,but I don't believe he's stupid.

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

He has already made claims to the parts of his neighboring countries where ethnically Russian people live.  Who else did that?  Hmmm...let me see.  

WhatsApp_Image_2022-02-25_at_1-647x363.j

Is that Trump I see in that picture?! :o :lol:

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Does anyone have a map of which side holds what territory currently?

There will be an updated map in a few hours that I can post

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

I have to come to realize that Putin's goal is not to invade

Well they kinda failed there then didn’t they?

greatly diminish the NATO threat

NATO has never ever been more of a threat to Russia, since it invaded.

Which is why they don't call this an all-out invasion but a special military operation.

I have come to realise that Putin’s operation is ‘special’ because only a absolute retard could fail so hard with the resources he had at his disposal.

Remember, Russian is the most common first language in the Donbas and Crimea regions of Ukraine and the city of Kharkiv, and the predominant language in large cities in the eastern and southern portion of the country.

Who gives a **** what language they speak?  English is the most common language in the world, spoken by over 1.1 billion people, does that mean England has the right to invade English speaking countries?

• Like 6

Putin has stated that unless Zelenski surrenders and accepts Russia's terms, then he will loose the south of the country. I think Putin knows very well that Zelenski will not be allowed to surrender, therefore when Putin has spoken about Ukraine, he is not thinking in terms of what the map says now, but of what a future map will show after the war is over, or rather the hot war as we face decades of an ice-cold war, and I think most here would agree with that appraisal as it's not that difficult to work out. Leaving aside what else is going on, one area is not discussed at any length, if at all, and that is Transnistria. I find it impossible to believe that Putin will not take this opportunity to resolve the Transnistria issue, looking at this in a cold blooded logical way, it would be madness not to do so. Therefore, Odessa will be taken, it has to be, and the front moved up to include all of the Odessa oblast. I think that a deal could then be made with Moldova and Romania to recognize Transnistria as part of what I think will be a resurrected Novorossiya, with the sweetener being the area to the west of Odessa, known as Budjak, being divided up between them, thus giving Moldova much needed access to the Black Sea with their own port. What the citizens of Budjak would make of this I don't know, but the Transnistria problem had to end in some fashion at some time, and it looks like this is the time.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, OverSword said:

where ethnically Russian people live

I hope the NYC mayor is hearing this.  He might see Russian tanks rolling through Russian speaking neighborhoods if he isn't careful ;) 

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Wepwawet said:

Putin has stated that unless Zelenski surrenders and accepts Russia's terms, then he will loose the south of the country. I think Putin knows very well that Zelenski will not be allowed to surrender, therefore when Putin has spoken about Ukraine, he is not thinking in terms of what the map says now, but of what a future map will show after the war is over, or rather the hot war as we face decades of an ice-cold war, and I think most here would agree with that appraisal as it's not that difficult to work out. Leaving aside what else is going on, one area is not discussed at any length, if at all, and that is Transnistria. I find it impossible to believe that Putin will not take this opportunity to resolve the Transnistria issue, looking at this in a cold blooded logical way, it would be madness not to do so. Therefore, Odessa will be taken, it has to be, and the front moved up to include all of the Odessa oblast. I think that a deal could then be made with Moldova and Romania to recognize Transnistria as part of what I think will be a resurrected Novorossiya, with the sweetener being the area to the west of Odessa, known as Budjak, being divided up between them, thus giving Moldova much needed access to the Black Sea with their own port. What the citizens of Budjak would make of this I don't know, but the Transnistria problem had to end in some fashion at some time, and it looks like this is the time.

Thanks for the detailed post :tu:

I'm not sure what all to believe in this conflict as Russia is big on disinformation,but during times of war both sides sling it about...when our own president is actually "recruiting" ticktockers and "influencers" it feels like we are in the twilight zone!

Serious question,read a few pages back you were a soldier once...do you think Russia's military is capable of taking and actually holding anything?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wepwawet said:

Putin has stated that unless Zelenski surrenders and accepts Russia's terms, then he will loose the south of the country.

Putin has no intention of giving up the south of the country. It all has to do with the Black Sea oil and gas.

If Ukraine would of ever had the chance to develop these resources then they literally could replace Russia as the supplier of gas and oil to Europe. 

https://euromaidanpress.com/2018/10/10/black-sea-gas-deposits-an-overlooked-reason-for-russias-occupation-of-crimea/

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

It's obvious that Alexa is watching too many end of the world youtube videos. :yes:

• Haha 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked