Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

In my opinion the goal is not to occupy Ukraine. This may be because Ukraine is seen as the same as Russia so they want to avoid proper war. I think the aim is to cause the Ukrainian president to flee and then a pro-Russian leader installed in his place. Its not been announced in Western media yet but the Ukrainian president has been hiding in the US Embassy in Warsaw for over a week.

It's no coincidence that Russian military gains concentrate across the south of Ukraine, pushing east.

If you look at the map, Russia is creating a buffer zone between the Western part of Ukraine where the bulk of pro-government resistance remains, and the Russian borders.

Russia already controls Crimea, Donetsk & Luhansk republics and Kherson.

They have surrounded and about to take Chernihiv, Sumy and Kharkiv which will fully secure their borders. They have eyes on Odessa, to secure access to the Black Sea and protect Crimea.

They could then freeze the front lines. The goal is not to occupy Ukraine, it's to redraw the map.

Edited by Occult1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

On another note,I was reading earlier of supposed plans of China to take Taiwan...

Someone please answer,we US shipped all of our industrial might overseas to China...how the hell can we sanction them,and can we afford to even try?

The West gets a lot of vital computer components from Tawain. We wouldn’t sanction China, we’d probably straight out go to war.

But you’re right. We’d be ****ed due to how much corporations rely on the cheap labour. Alternatives would be found but it would take time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

I have a really personal question. So it's fine if you do not want to answer. It is only my curiosity.

1) why do you not flee 

Or 2) why do you not fight.

I have no judgment against either answer. I'm just curious. I have no idea how I would react in your situation. 

My city is 160 km from Mykolaiv and is passable and of little importance to the enemy, so almost no one leaves my city because it is not shelled, but sirens sound often or not often every day. Mykolaiv and Yuzhnoukrainsk (where the nuclear power plant is located) are important for defense so they are strongly protected and saves mine and other nearby cities from capture.

I didn’t serve in the army for health reasons, and now those who served there earlier and have a military specialty are in the war. There are so many volunteers for defense that they are returned home and they are told that if they are needed, they will be called.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Have you heard how they kill children and seize other people's property? And their wives are the same as they are, and most Russians hate Ukrainians:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Coil said:

Have you heard how they kill children and seize other people's property? And their wives are the same as they are, and most Russians hate Ukrainians:

Expect comrade occult to come in with strenuous denials shortly.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

They could then freeze the front lines. The goal is not to occupy Ukraine, it's to redraw the map.

In my opinion the goal is not to occupy Ukraine.

In this case, they would not have tried to capture Ukraine from all over, and since some tanks first broke into Kyiv, so now they are more active on the eastern side of the country because they were thrown back from Kyiv.

And so they dreamed of capturing the capital, forcing Zelensky to surrender, and even prepared a speech for Putin on the Maidan, the parade was to take place, the performance of the singer Gazmanov, there were such rumors.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Coil said:

In this case, they would not have tried to capture Ukraine from all over, and since some tanks first broke into Kyiv, so now they are more active on the eastern side of the country because they were thrown back from Kyiv.

And so they dreamed of capturing the capital, forcing Zelensky to surrender, and even prepared a speech for Putin on the Maidan, the parade was to take place, the performance of the singer Gazmanov, there were such rumors.

Don't worry, everyone sane, everywhere in the world, knows what's going on in Ukraine. Only some lunatics believe in Russian propaganda, and few traitors act like they believe in it, those who were paid by Putin. 

I was just reading how various countries are offering to help Ukraine with rebuilding. That means everyone is certain Ukraine will win. For example, Italy would like to help with rebuilding Mariupol theatre. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Don't worry, everyone sane, everywhere in the world, knows what's going on in Ukraine. Only some lunatics believe in Russian propaganda, and few traitors act like they believe in it, those who were paid by Putin. 

I was just reading how various countries are offering to help Ukraine with rebuilding. That means everyone is certain Ukraine will win. For example, Italy would like to help with rebuilding Mariupol theatre. 

Any updates on if the people in the shelter under the theater are still alive/been rescued?

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I myself did not fully believe that Putin could attack, proving in some neighboring topic earlier that the Northern Stream-2  was more important to him, which means he would not attack. But the Americans have their agents embedded in the top leadership of Russia and learned about the attack plan earlier and constantly talked about dates. Even our country's leadership did not believe in the attack, thinking that they would attack only from the DPR / LPR, but there was no preparation for the attacks, only the accumulation of troops.

None of the predictors even talked about the war. But I had a prophetic dream only two days before the attack, and I interpreted it correctly only when the air attacks began.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Any updates on if the people in the shelter under the theater are still alive/been rescued?

No. Less than 200 were rescued and it is feared that more than 1,000 people are buried in the shelter. 

It is particularly hard to keep with rescue efforts because Putin's orcs are attacking Mariupol right now. They're shelling the city, knowing perfectly well they're destroying civilian homes and lives.  

• Sad 5

2 minutes ago, Coil said:

I myself did not fully believe that Putin could attack, proving in some neighboring topic earlier that the Northern Stream-2  was more important to him, which means he would not attack. But the Americans have their agents embedded in the top leadership of Russia and learned about the attack plan earlier and constantly talked about dates. Even our country's leadership did not believe in the attack, thinking that they would attack only from the DPR / LPR, but there was no preparation for the attacks, only the accumulation of troops.

None of the predictors even talked about the war. But I had a prophetic dream only two days before the attack, and I interpreted it correctly only when the air attacks began.

I did the same mistake. I knew Putin is without honour, but I didn't know he's without brains. Attacking Ukraine is just too stupid idea, so I didn't think he's stupid enough. Apparently, he is. 

I did trust American information, when they said Russia is accumulating forces at Ukrainian border, but I thought Putin will try achieving something with threats of invasion, certainly not invading. Or that he'll maybe try grabbing Black Sea coast... but the whole Ukraine? I mean... it's like he believed in his own propaganda. 

Yes, I know the feeling, about dreams before the attack... before my war started, I dreamed that the ground is gone from under my feet. That corpses are being carried by my river. Horrors like that. But I didn't believe there will be war until the first mortars fell and bridge was blown up.

I also felt great anxiety when they attacked you. It's not just hearing the news, it was literally in the air. I couldn't sleep at first, but I'm calm now. You are going to kick Putin's orcs out of Ukraine. They will be so sorry for setting their hooves in Ukraine.   

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Coil said:

In my opinion the goal is not to occupy Ukraine.

It's entirely possible that the offensive on Kyiv is a diversion.

They may have stepped up pressure on the Western front to keep Ukrainian forces busy while they are making advances on the southern, eastern parts of the country. This also seems to have forced the Ukrainian government to negotiate seriously with Russia. But establishing a buffer zone in the south-eastern Ukraine and securing their borders are clearly the primary objective of this special military operation.

Edited by Occult1

51 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I did the same mistake. I knew Putin is without honour, but I didn't know he's without brains. Attacking Ukraine is just too stupid idea, so I didn't think he's stupid enough. Apparently, he is. 

You are going to kick Putin's orcs out of Ukraine. They will be so sorry for setting their hooves in Ukraine.   

Our troops have been ordered to inflict maximum harm on the enemy with minimal losses of their soldiers, so that no one acts thoughtlessly. Even the fact that people stay at home during the curfew made it possible to eliminate several enemy sabotage groups in different cities at night.

This morning, the enemy struck at a military barracks in Mykolaiv where 40 soldiers died. And earlier there was a strike at the barracks, it was necessary to evict the soldiers then, and this is the result ..

1076850_1_w_1000.jpg?v=1

*snip*

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

They may have stepped up pressure on the Western front to keep Ukrainian forces busy while they are making advances on the southern, eastern parts of the country. This also seems to have forced the Ukrainian government to negotiate seriously with Russia. But establishing a buffer zone and securing their borders seems to be the main objective of all this special military operation.

:lol: 

I'll tell you what was a diversion. That abrupt rupture of Putin's speech today, that was a diversion.

So it happens, when only idiots are willing to work for you while everyone smart and/or sane is trying to get rid of you. 

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Coil said:

Our troops have been ordered to inflict maximum harm on the enemy with minimal losses of their soldiers, so that no one acts thoughtlessly. Even the fact that people stay at home during the curfew made it possible to eliminate several enemy sabotage groups in different cities at night.

This morning, the enemy struck at a military barracks in Mykolaiv where 40 soldiers died. And earlier there was a strike at the barracks, it was necessary to evict the soldiers then, and this is the result ..

1076850_1_w_1000.jpg?v=1

I will never forget this. Never. 

This is what Putin wants to do to every other country too. Ukraine is defending us all. I keep telling everyone that Ukraine is defending us all. Our future too depends on you now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No. Less than 200 were rescued and it is feared that more than 1,000 people are buried in the shelter. 

It is particularly hard to keep with rescue efforts because Putin's orcs are attacking Mariupol right now. They're shelling the city, knowing perfectly well they're destroying civilian homes and lives.  

Yeah I saw some pictures earlier,looks like a scene right out of WW2...

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

They may have stepped up pressure on the Western front to keep Ukrainian forces busy while they are making advances on the southern, eastern parts of the country. This also seems to have forced the Ukrainian government to negotiate seriously with Russia. But establishing a buffer zone in the south-eastern Ukraine and securing their borders are clearly the primary objective of this special military operation.

When you start shelling civilians,it's no longer a "special military operation" it's called slaughter...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

13 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

This is what Putin wants to do to every other country too. Ukraine is defending us all. I keep telling everyone that Ukraine is defending us all. Our future too depends on you now. 

This sounds like propaganda.

Do you have any evidence, statements or links to prove your claim?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Occult1 said:

Well, the threats to Finland and Sweden are on the record, as is the whole “we want reparations for sanctions… or maybe Alaska back” business….

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The first example of the evidence is Russian ambassador in Bosnia&Herzegovina threatening B&H and also implied Russia "has plans" against neighbouring NATO countries, my country included. In an interview for Bosnian Face TV.

I'd post the link, but I was told this site does not tolerate links to sites that are not originally in English and Croatian media is generally originally in Croatian. 

So I consider Russians "plans against NATO" in my own country a direct threat, to which I'm instructing them to follow the russian warship wake. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
I'm done for today.
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Does past behavior count as evidence ?

Someone's past behavior is typically the best indicator of what they will do in the future 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Thanks 4

• The topic was locked

Rules reminder folks: 

As this is an English speaking site we ask that our members post only in English. This also applies when linking to offsite articles, videos and other media.

Do not post or link to content that is excessively violent, sexually explicit, depicts images of death, gore, pertains to graphic cases of violent or sexual crimes committed against children or that is of an otherwise offensive nature. This includes photos of dead and injured people. 

And from the guidelines in this section:

When posting in the news and politics boards please bear the following in mind:

• Do not post (or link to sites containing) graphic or violent images or videos
  • Do not post hate speech, racist or racially motivated material, links, articles or views.
  • Avoid copying and pasting entire articles - only quote a snippet and then link to the rest.

Please be aware that the news and current affairs boards are provided as a casual platform for the discussion of mainstream news stories. Racially inflammatory topics, as well as politically inflammatory topics designed to stoke hate or a divisive left vs right mentality, are liable to be closed without warning.

This whole situation is horrifying. But we do need to still keep our conversations here about it within the site rules.

• Like 1

• The topic was unlocked
24 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Well, the threats to Finland and Sweden are on the record,

The Kremlin issued a warning to Finland and Sweden not to join NATO.

I don't think we should take that out of context.

as is the whole “we want reparations for sanctions… or maybe Alaska back” business….

You believe that? It's nothing more than propaganda made by a spin doctor on Russian TV.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

How is that different from what the Kremlin demanded of Ukraine?  I'd say it's pretty clear that the Kremlin is behaving like it's the bad old days and they are allowed to do whatever the hell they like to their neighbors.  This conflict has caused many of the former states that were friendly toward Moscow to SERIOUSLY re-evaluate that stance.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I don't think we should take that out of context.

Ukraine also never joined NATO. 

We see how that turned out...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked