Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Putin calls Russian hypersonic missile Kinzhal (Dagger) an "invincible weapon". In reality, it is highly destructive missile but even Russian military expert agrees it does not create any strategic advance for Russia in Ukraine. The actual difference in using a new weapon, compared to classic missiles, is mostly psychological. 

So he tested his new toy on other, sovereign country. The important thing here is not that a missile is flying faster, the important thing is that Russian "special operation" is a war and Putin's use of anything he's got shows that he is rational enough to notice he's losing. 

The trouble is that hypersonic missiles Putin is apparently willing to use are indeed able to avoid defense systems, since it's practically impossible to intercept them. No one knows how many of those are available and how fast more can be made, but I'm looking forward to the moment when Putin will wish he saved some of his fancy weaponry for later.  

The source of facts I mentioned is an article in Croatian, which contains links to Russian sources, which I can't link due to this site's rules of acknowledging English sources only. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

There is a large difference between Western maps and Russian ones on the war progress.

On Western maps we give them roads, on Russian maps they show they have taken all the land between roads.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

There is a large difference between Western maps and Russian ones on the war progress.

On Western maps we give them roads, on Russian maps they show they have taken all the land between roads.

As one of the Russian assets in the West said recently: Russians are not going into the fields because they don't want to damage the crops. 

This stupidity means that even Russians admit they stick to the roads. Not because they are afraid they might damage the crops, of course, it's because they don't dare spreading (which means they'd be easy targets), so they stay in convoys (which means they are easy targets). 

If you notice there's an obvious logical fault in their tactics, that's because their tactics doesn't follow the usual logic. It consists of piling up any sort of garbage and cannon fodder they've got, in hope they'll drown the enemy in their own waste and blood. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

As one of the Russian assets in the West said recently: Russians are not going into the fields because they don't want to damage the crops. 

This stupidity means that even Russians admit they stick to the roads. Not because they are afraid they might damage the crops, of course, it's because they don't dare spreading (which means they'd be easy targets), so they stay in convoys (which means they are easy targets). 

If you notice there's an obvious logical fault in their tactics, that's because their tactics doesn't follow the usual logic. It consists of piling up any sort of garbage and cannon fodder they've got, in hope they'll drown the enemy in their own waste and blood. 

To be critical then Western media coverage is just as one sided as the Russian media coverage. So, it means how the war is portrayed as going for the Russians in the West, cannot be relied upon. You probably cannot see that, as Europe has banned access to their news sites.

Its inconceivable that our stats for the numbers of dead and wounded Ukrainians are anywhere near as low as the level reported. Lets look at Al Jazerra (yes, even Arab news): Ukraine latest updates: UN says 6.5m displaced inside Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera

816 civilians killed and 1333 wounded? really? We have seen the images of large block areas in cities destroyed and burning. Obviously no side wants to report honestly as it impacts morale knowing that your people are being slaughtered. The Russians are taring up Ukrainian cities worse than what the Americans did to Iraqi ones. I`m going for 100,000 civilians dead already.

And what is it with Russians driving 60km up a road, stopping their vehicles, and then the Western media claiming they have run out of fuel? Since when do tanks and trucks and APCs run out of fuel after 60km? They carry the fuel for much, much, further. They are sat waiting, not stalled due to problems with their logistics.

Porkies are being told on both sides, which I think funny enough is why their media is banned in the EU. So EU citizens cannot see a different set of perspectives and apply their own rational and critical thinking.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

To be critical then Western media coverage is just as one sided as the Russian media coverage. So, it means how the war is portrayed as going for the Russians in the West, cannot be relied upon. You probably cannot see that, as Europe has banned access to their news sites.

Its inconceivable that our stats for the numbers of dead and wounded Ukrainians are anywhere near as low as the level reported. Lets look at Al Jazerra (yes, even Arab news): Ukraine latest updates: UN says 6.5m displaced inside Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera

816 civilians killed and 1333 wounded? really? We have seen the images of large block areas in cities destroyed and burning. Obviously no side wants to report honestly as it impacts morale knowing that your people are being slaughtered. The Russians are taring up Ukrainian cities worse than what the Americans did to Iraqi ones. I`m going for 100,000 civilians dead already.

And what is it with Russians driving 60km up a road, stopping their vehicles, and then the Western media claiming they have run out of fuel? Since when do tanks and trucks and APCs run out of fuel after 60km? They carry the fuel for much, much, further. They are sat waiting, not stalled due to problems with their logistics.

Porkies are being told on both sides, which I think funny enough is why their media is banned in the EU. So EU citizens cannot see a different set of perspectives and apply their own rational and critical thinking.

Russian and Western media are not magically the same. Such equivalency is false. Like claiming that Russian and Western average life expectancy, alcohol or krokodil consumption must be the same. They're not.  

Western (except for the known Russian assets), even Ukrainian media are fairly reliable. For example, Ukraine reported of 109 children killed so far. If you think that's too low... 

On the other side, Russian media are state-controlled, pure propaganda arms of Putin's regime. 

The reason why Russian convoys are stuck is because of fierce resistance of Ukrainians, then because of Russian abysmally sloppy logistics, natural and Ukrainian-induced flooding, and also self-sabotages among Russians. Not only they sell fuel, they were also punching holes in their fuel tanks to run out of fuel faster, to avoid getting killed for Putin. 

They're not waiting, they're stuck. 

Russian logistics is so awful it's not just fuel they're not capable of delivering to the troops, it's food too. And evacuating their wounded goes so tragically clumsy their boys are losing limbs that could have been saved if they were given proper medical attention a week earlier. They let their wounded sit for a week without food or aid. 

And that catastrophic humiliation of Russia is the reason why Russian assets need to peddle the false need for "objectivity". 

They want no "objectivity", they want to spread lies and excuses for the complete disaster that is Putin's invasion. 

• Like 3

I was just reading an article (the same as usual, I can't post you a link because it's in untermensch language and translation is apparently an unheard of magic) that analyzes the stupidity of wasting too many resources, weapons and personnel in a war that cannot be won. 

One doesn't have to have any military clue to see there's strong logic in that. 

Putin is dragging various "volunteers" to die in Ukraine and even started moving Far East equipment towards Europe.  

It indicates he's stomping his little feet in frustration, doing his own version of the Bunker scene. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

:lol:

My personal favourite is Vladolf Putler.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I was just reading an article (the same as usual, I can't post you a link because it's in untermensch language and translation is apparently an unheard of magic)

You can use Google translate to translate an entire webpage and link to it:

Like this

@rashore @Saru Surely that's an appropriate compromise that means people can still provide sources when most primary sources aren't in English?

Edited by Setton
  • Like 5

19 minutes ago, Setton said:

Like this

@rashore @Saru Surely that's an appropriate compromise that means people can still provide sources when most primary sources aren't in English?

I don't think it's really about any language problem. 

And I don't mind experiencing such weird phenomenon :lol: what I do mind is that they give the same treatment to an actual Ukrainian. 

But thank you anyway, I appreciate your good intentions. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I was just reading an article (the same as usual, I can't post you a link because it's in untermensch language and translation is apparently an unheard of magic)

We've always had a rule requesting that members post only in English, which is because the vast, vast majority of our users are from English speaking countries.

Imagine if someone was posting articles exclusively in Chinese - you would quickly get tired of having to manually translate each link to determine what was being said.

It has nothing to do with any given language being 'inferior' to English - but then you know that already.

23 minutes ago, Setton said:

Surely that's an appropriate compromise that means people can still provide sources when most primary sources aren't in English?

Yep, linking to a translated version of an article is fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Setton said:

Like this

Been there mate. I’d advise to leave it alone.

27 minutes ago, Saru said:

Great, I've missed the more local updates.

@Helen of Annoy PM coming to talk through how you can translate them quickly.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Saru said:

We've always had a rule requesting that members post only in English, which is because the vast, vast majority of our users are from English speaking countries.

Imagine if someone was posting articles exclusively in Chinese - you would quickly get tired of having to manually translate each link to determine what was being said.

It has nothing to do with any given language being 'inferior' to English - but then you know that already.

I was posting translated parts of articles, because I'm not stupid to post in original languages. 

I do believe it's possible that someone may be so paranoid they must check each article and translate for themselves, because they don't trust the translation I provided, but it can't be the vast, vast majority of your users. 

Remember when Maidan was in progress and you wanted to remove my translation of the article about Ukraine? Because the author might sue you? So the author made a profile on your site just to give his explicit permission for me to use his article. 

Anyway, your site, your rules. 

But it would be fair if you could make an exception for Coil. 

(About the real problem behind moderating my posts in context of Ukraine, I'd be happy to answer your questions via PM, if there are any.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The source of the facts I will mention is Deutsche Welle (not in English, so I can't post a link due to this site's rules).

I don't understand why you can't find other sources in the US/Canada/UK/France/Germany etc. to confirm the ''facts'' your are mentioning.

Just use Google, Bing or any other search engine in the English language and look for news articles.

Edited by Occult1

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I don't understand why you can't find other sources in the US/Canada/UK/France etc. to confirm the ''facts'' your are mentioning.

Just use Google, Bing or any other search engine.

Because the facts are not becoming facts only if English-speaking person has acknowledged them. 

Just use the translator would be the sane solution. You use the translator. If you care enough to read. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Because the facts are not becoming facts only if English-speaking person has acknowledged them. 

Just use the translator would be the sane solution. You use the translator. If you care enough to read. 

I think that if you can't compare and analyze sources from different news articles, it cannot be established as ''facts''.

Someone here could just post articles from RT, Sputnik or TASS but it's worthless if he cannot also find other sources to back up his claims.

Edited by Occult1

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The source of the facts I will mention is Deutsche Welle (not in English, so I can't post a link due to this site's rules). 

Deutsche Welle is available in 30 languages, including English:

https://www.dw.com/en/

• Like 2

Dozens of Ukrainian troops killed in barracks bombed by Russia, witnesses say

''MYKOLAIV, Ukraine — Dozens of soldiers were killed when Russian troops bombed a Ukrainian military barracks in the southern city of Mykolaiv, witnesses told AFP on Saturday while a rescue operation was underway.

“No fewer than 200 soldiers were sleeping in the barracks” when Russian troops struck early Friday, a Ukrainian serviceman on the ground, 22-year-old Maxim, told AFP without providing his last name.''

https://www.timesofisrael.com/dozens-of-ukrainian-troops-killed-in-barracks-struck-by-russia-say-witnesses/

Not sure if mentioned but there are rumors that Russian lieutenant general Andrei Mordvichev commander of the 8th combined arms army has been killed.  If true this would be the highest ranking Russian general killed so far.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Not sure if mentioned but there are rumors that Russian lieutenant general Andrei Mordvichev commander of the 8th combined arms army has been killed.  If true this would be the highest ranking Russian general killed so far.

Yes, the fifth one. 

It wasn't officially confirmed yet.

But I don't doubt it will be. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, the fifth one. 

It wasn't officially confirmed yet.

But I don't doubt it will be. 

Figured it probably was, been busy this weekend so havent had the time to go through past posts.

39 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Damn... a THREE star?  Since when do those guys set foot on a front?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I was just reading an article (the same as usual, I can't post you a link because it's in untermensch language and translation is apparently an unheard of magic) that analyzes the stupidity of wasting too many resources, weapons and personnel in a war that cannot be won. 

One doesn't have to have any military clue to see there's strong logic in that. 

Putin is dragging various "volunteers" to die in Ukraine and even started moving Far East equipment towards Europe.  

It indicates he's stomping his little feet in frustration, doing his own version of the Bunker scene. 

Just a question, Helen...how many languages do you speak/read?  I know in Europe it is a given to know numerous languages, unlike in North America, we might know 2

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

Just a question, Helen...how many languages do you speak/read?  I know in Europe it is a given to know numerous languages, unlike in North America, we might know 2

That's pretty good going to be honest. Here in England, some of the folk struggle to speak just one, fluently.

• Haha 6

41 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I always assumed the impetus behind Europeans being multi-lingual was geography and practicality.  Most of them grow up in a place that requires learning more languages to "get along" with their neighbors.  Imagine living in the northeast U.S. but needing to understand a new language just to travel to the south or west for fun or employment.  Those European borders can be awfully close in such cases.   

• Like 3

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked