Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

18 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Those reports are coming only from Russia, it's pretty obvious and easy to tell that Russia bombed the theater building.  The Russian government even initially bragged about bombing it till they learned there were hundreds of children taking shelter in it.

Also want to add the woman in that video has made contradictory statements along with statements that are just not factually true.

Reports published by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) have connected the Azov Battalion to war crimes such as mass looting, unlawful detention, and torture.[94][95] An OHCHR report from March 2016 stated that the organisation had "collected detailed information about the conduct of hostilities by Ukrainian armed forces and the Azov regiment in and around Shyrokyne (31km east of Mariupol), from the summer of 2014 to date. Mass looting of civilian homes was documented, as well as targeting of civilian areas between September 2014 and February 2015."[94]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Since your ''good guys'' from the Azov Battalion are obviously not the 'Champions of Human Rights' they are made out to be, I certainly wouldn't dismiss those reports.

Edited by Occult1

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Reports published by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) have connected the Azov Battalion to war crimes such as mass looting, unlawful detention, and torture.[94][95] An OHCHR report from March 2016 stated that the organisation had "collected detailed information about the conduct of hostilities by Ukrainian armed forces and the Azov regiment in and around Shyrokyne (31km east of Mariupol), from the summer of 2014 to date. Mass looting of civilian homes was documented, as well as targeting of civilian areas between September 2014 and February 2015."[94]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Since your ''good guys'' from the Azov Battalion are obviously not the 'Champions of Human Rights' they are made out to be, I certainly wouldn't dismiss those reports.

No one is saying Azov are saints but Russia bombed the theater with children in it.  But if you want to get into war crimes we can but Russia has committed far more so far than Ukraine or Azov.

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

I hear ya,sure you had a good time!

Did you compete in the race?

Ya, it was rough.  My friends told me about it only a few weeks ahead of time so I had essentially no time to train but I did complete the race though.

It was a fun weekend.

• Like 4

Just now, DarkHunter said:

Ya, it was rough.  My friends told me about it only a few weeks ahead of time so I had essentially no time to train but I did complete the race though.

It was a fun weekend.

Hell yeah,I hear ya...one of the guys I train competes in a lot of those.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Hell yeah,I hear ya...one of the guys I train competes in a lot of those.

It was rough, so much mud and waist to chest deep water.  Legs and arms hurt but I finished the race, I wasnt expecting to perform particularly well especially since my friends have been doing these for about a year and just train year round now.

• Like 4

US ambassador can't confirm report of Ukrainians being deported to Russia

The U.S. ambassador to the United Nations said on Sunday that she could not confirm a statement by the Mariupol city council that indicated Ukrainian citizens were being deported to Russia from Mariupol.

CNN "State of the Union" host Jake Tapper asked Linda Thomas-Greenfield if the U.S. was aware of the deportations in which the city council said involved a thousand people who were mostly women and children.

Can you confirm? Does the U.S. know that that's happening? And, if it is happening, how disturbing is that?" Tapper asked Thomas-Greenfield.

"I have only heard it," Thomas-Greenfield responded. "I can't confirm it."

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-ambassador-cant-confirm-report-182306712.html

Unconfirmed reports...Of course. That sounds more like the latest round of propaganda, or 'fake news' from the Ukrainian government.

Edited by Occult1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Russia is fighting extremists in Mariupol. The Azov Battalion are a Neo-Nazi group that don't care much about human rights.

There are reports that they have used civilians as human shields and blew up the Mariupol theater building. These are the ''good guys'' you are supporting.

It's all about which side of the story you choose to believe to fit your narrative. The truth is, we have no real idea of what's happening on the ground.

The Azov Battalion | The neo-Nazis of Ukraine 

https://www.thehindu.com/news/international/the-azov-battalion-the-neo-nazis-of-ukraine/article65239935.ece

You just wrote that the majority of Mariupol is Russian, yet the Russians are destroying the city. Why do the Russians do that if they are there to liberate their fellow Russians ?

If the Russians were truly figthing neo nazis, as they claim, why are they attacking innocent people ? Do the people Kyiv deserve to be bombed because of a group of people in the Eastern part of the country ?

As for the Azov Battalion why do you assume that I support them ? Please point out where I have ever said anything that would indicate support for neo nazis. If you can't are you honest enough to retract your assertion ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Zelensky: 'I'm ready for negotiations' with Putin, but if they fail, it could mean 'a third World War'

''Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Sunday that he's "ready for negotiations" with Russian President Vladimir Putin but warned that if they fail "that would mean that this is a third World War."

"I'm ready for negotiations with him. I was ready for the last two years. And I think that without negotiations we cannot end this war," he told CNN's Fareed Zakaria.

"I think that we have to use any format, any chance in order to have a possibility of negotiating, possibility of talking to Putin. But if these attempts fail, that would mean that this is a third World War," he added.''

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/zelensky-i-m-ready-for-negotiations-with-putin-but-if-they-fail-it-could-mean-a-third-world-war-1.5826844

Zelensky threatening the world with WW3. Says he was willing to negotiate with Russia ''for the last two years''.

Edited by Occult1

I just noticed this today:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/03/17/poland-calls-for-nato-peacekeeping-mission-in-ukraine-during-leaders-trip-to-kyiv/

It seems that Poland wants to put troops on the ground in Ukraine, as a "peace keeping" force.  The language may be slightly artful but what he is describing is an armed force of NATO troops to be on Ukrainian soil in a role that sounds an awful lot like allies helping to stop Russia.  Our ambassador hasn't had much to say about it but if NATO allows this and these Polish troops are killed or if they kill Russians then I'm not sure whether it will matter if U.S. troops were involved, or not.  

The longer this thing smolders, the greater the risk of it spreading unexpectedly.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, and then said:

I just noticed this today:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/03/17/poland-calls-for-nato-peacekeeping-mission-in-ukraine-during-leaders-trip-to-kyiv/

It seems that Poland wants to put troops on the ground in Ukraine, as a "peace keeping" force.  The language may be slightly artful but what he is describing is an armed force of NATO troops to be on Ukrainian soil in a role that sounds an awful lot like allies helping to stop Russia.  Our ambassador hasn't had much to say about it but if NATO allows this and these Polish troops are killed or if they kill Russians then I'm not sure whether it will matter if U.S. troops were involved, or not.  

The longer this thing smolders, the greater the risk of it spreading unexpectedly.

We already have the U.N. blue helmets for peace keeping missions.

NATO is a military alliance. If they send troops to Ukraine, it will be perceived as hostile by Russian forces. They might become targets.

That's a great way to escalate to WW3. Since Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, I just don't why NATO should intervene in that conflict.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

Reports that the Russian deputy commander of the Black sea fleet Andrey Paliy has been killed.  Seems he was on the verge of being promoted to a rear admiral.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, just like how Neville Chamberlain threatened the world with WW2. You utter pancake.

Now now settle down Hats,shake the man's hand and give him a big "Glasgow Kiss" :lol:

Forgot your Aussie,where's EMM at :lol:

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

NATO is a military alliance. If they send troops to Ukraine, it will be perceived as hostile by Russian forces. They might become targets.

That's a great way to escalate to WW3. Since Ukraine isn't a member of NATO, I just don't why NATO should intervene in that conflict.

I'm honestly not sure how a NATO country could pull off a "Peace keeping mission" without all hell breaking loose.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

But your Russian uncle Vlad would just veto any resolution to send U.N. troops into Ukraine. 

• Like 5

If the world averts WWIII the one thing that needs to come out of this is the elimination of the permanent members of the U.N. and elimination of their veto powers. The U.N. has been a joke from day one.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

But your Russian uncle Vlad would just veto any resolution to send U.N. troops into Ukraine. 

If not Vlad, then Xi would. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, just like how Neville Chamberlain threatened the world with WW2. You utter pancake.

Ooft, I think he ded now mate. Straight to cremation.

1 hour ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

If the world averts WWIII the one thing that needs to come out of this is the elimination of the permanent members of the U.N. and elimination of their veto powers. The U.N. has been a joke from day one.

Or at least the elimination of dictatorships.

From the whole UN, not just the Security Council.

It was always designed to support US, France, Britain and Russia in their imperialist goals.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

That's a great way to escalate to WW3.

On this we can agree.  If a NATO nation meddles into a conflict and suffers casualties then I'm not sure that Article 5 applies.   It's an invitation to have miscalculation or unintended escalation.  It sets a bad precedent.  

• Like 1

Mariupol: Ukraine rejects Russian offer to surrender port city

''Ukraine has rejected a Russian ultimatum offering people in the besieged city of Mariupol safe passage out of the port if they surrender.

[...]

Under the plans, Russian troops would have opened safe corridors out of Mariupol from 10:00 Moscow time (07:00 GMT), initially for Ukrainian troops and "foreign mercenaries" to disarm and leave the city.

After two hours, Russian forces say they would then have allowed humanitarian convoys with food, medicine and other supplies to enter the city safely, once the de-mining of the roads was complete.''

Russian Gen Mizintsev admitted that a terrible humanitarian catastrophe was unfolding there - and said the offer would have allowed civilians to flee safely to either the east or west.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60816885

There comes a time when you have to admit defeat.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Mariupol: Ukraine rejects Russian offer to surrender port city

''Ukraine has rejected a Russian ultimatum offering people in the besieged city of Mariupol safe passage out of the port if they surrender.

[...]

Under the plans, Russian troops would have opened safe corridors out of Mariupol from 10:00 Moscow time (07:00 GMT), initially for Ukrainian troops and "foreign mercenaries" to disarm and leave the city.

After two hours, Russian forces say they would then have allowed humanitarian convoys with food, medicine and other supplies to enter the city safely, once the de-mining of the roads was complete.''

Russian Gen Mizintsev admitted that a terrible humanitarian catastrophe was unfolding there - and said the offer would have allowed civilians to flee safely to either the east or west.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-60816885

There comes a time when you have to admit defeat.

How many dead generals is that time? Because your boys are up to five….

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

How many dead generals is that time? Because your boys are up to five….

You do realize that the only source of information for this claim is Ukrainian officials?

It's clearly not the most objective source and is most likely nothing more than propaganda.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked