Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

21 minutes ago, and then said:

Not necessarily.  Depending on atmospheric conditions, he can shell cities and cause HORRIFIC casualties in mass numbers without unduly jeopardizing his troops.  Most chemical agents would disperse relatively quickly but still have wreaked havoc.

Hi And Then

Are you sure that they can keep it localized enough to not need to withdraw troops before using. I don't know much about bio weapons but did read this which is why I made my comment.

https://www.reachingcriticalwill.org/resources/fact-sheets

When compared to the cost of a nuclear weapon programme, biological weapons are extremely cheap. It is estimated that 1 gram of toxin could kill 10 million people. A purified form of botulinum toxin is approximately 3 million times more potent than sarin, a chemical nerve agent. As a comparison, a SCUD missile filled with botulinum toxin could affect an area of 3700 sq.km, an area 16 times greater than could be affected with sarin.

It is important to note that while it is relatively cheap to produce the biological weapon agents in large quantities, sophisticated weapons are slightly more difficult to develop and produce. For example, when a missile is flying it gets very hot, and biological agents are killed. Therefore, the missile has to be fitted with a cooling system. In addition, storing biological weapon agents requires much effort, due to the quick decay of many of these sorts of agents. However, as far as weapons of mass destruction are concerned, biological weapons are relatively cheap to develop and produce. In one analysis, the comparative cost of civilian casualties is "$2,000 per square kilometer with conventional weapons, $800 with nuclear weapons, $600 with nerve-gas weapons, and $1 with biological weapons." Not surprisingly, biological weapons have long since become known as the poor man's atom bomb.

/critical-issues/4579-biological-weapons

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Do not take my name in vain :w00t: 

You seem awfully upset…. Is it because your attempt to build a holiday house in Kiyv isn’t going well?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, and then said:

Not necessarily.  Depending on atmospheric conditions, he can shell cities and cause HORRIFIC casualties in mass numbers without unduly jeopardizing his troops.  Most chemical agents would disperse relatively quickly but still have wreaked havoc.

Officially Russia destroyed their chemical weapons stockpile, so if they do use such weapons it would be yet another proof that Putin is a liar.

The US helped fund the destruction of those weapons, so you should demand your money back !

• Like 3

@jmccr8

You forgot about the most powerful biological weapon in Russia's arsenal...Steven Segal!

If he goes off,the world ends...true story,saw it on a documentary once...or it might have been that Steven Segal movie I watched one time :unsure2:

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I meant civilians inside of Russia, not troops.

Hi Expand

I see what you are saying but still have to wonder who and how he can blame that on as an attack by the Ukraine. The Ukraine has only been defending in their country and not taking aggressive action on Russian soil. If Putin uses bioweapon in Russia on Ukrainian civilian POWs in Russia he still has Russian people that will be affected. He might be able to make it out as an attack to the Russian people but the rest of the world will know better as they can track where a missile is launched from. I would think that any sample of a bioweapon could/would be identified which lab/country it came from.

• Like 4

President Of Pontian Greek Organisation on Mariupol: The Azov Battalion hide in civilian homes

The president of the Panhellenic Coordinating Committee of Repatriated Greek Pontians, Alexandros Iosifidis, addressed a desperate appeal in every direction, for the safety of ethnic Greeks stuck in the besieged city of Mariupol. 

The president of the Pontian association claimed that the Ukrainian neo-Nazi Azov Battalion were hiding in civilian houses.

“The armed units of the Aidar and Azov battalions have been deployed inside the houses of the citizens, making any attempt of the citizens to escape impossible,” he said.

[...]

“Those who manage to charge their mobile phones from the car, tell me about a state of absolute terror. The [neo-Nazi] militants eat and drink, rob civilians and threaten them inside their homes,” the community leader continued.

Iosifidis said that Ukrainian forces were using civilians as a “shield.”

https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/03/24/pontian-mariupol-azov-battalion/

Why is no one in the Western mainstream media mentioning these war crimes?

Edited by Occult1

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

This could be an early indicator that nations kept in check by the Russian military no longer being afraid and could lead to more nations or peoples who have an issue with the Russian government seeing this as their best chance to take on Russia.

The longer the shooting continues, the more chances there will be for deadly miscalculations.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Heard earlier reports of Russian soldiers shooting themselves in the legs to get outta Ukraine,now it seems that their ships are doing the same... doesn't sound too good :lol:

That Russian warship actually did go **** itself :lol:

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

@jmccr8

You forgot about the most powerful biological weapon in Russia's arsenal...Steven Segal!

If he goes off,the world ends...true story,saw it on a documentary once...or it might have been that Steven Segal movie I watched one time :unsure2:

Maybe we could settle all of this with a fight between Segal and one of the Klitschko brothers. :whistle:

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Are you sure that they can keep it localized enough to not need to withdraw troops before using. I don't know much about bio weapons but did read this which is why I made my comment.

Yes, a biological agent would be  much less controllable.  I guess I was thinking Russia wouldn't be quite that insane.  They have a history of using only chlorine gas on large areas.  Agents like chlorine are more easily neutralized over time, depending on humidity and prevailing winds and so on.  God help us if they begin using real bio agents that can cause transmissible disease.  IF the media reporting is accurate, Putin's troops are stymied to the extent that he may decide to strike hard with a WMD.  Because of the inability for average citizens around the world to really TRUST info, regardless of where it originates, the Kremlin AND DC can make accusations and provide cover for their own crimes.  :( 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Expand

I see what you are saying but still have to wonder who and how he can blame that on as an attack by the Ukraine. The Ukraine has only been defending in their country and not taking aggressive action on Russian soil. If Putin uses bioweapon in Russia on Ukrainian civilian POWs in Russia he still has Russian people that will be affected. He might be able to make it out as an attack to the Russian people but the rest of the world will know better as they can track where a missile is launched from. I would think that any sample of a bioweapon could/would be identified which lab/country it came from.

He controls the media and the vast majority of the population believe anything he says, while opposition is violently suppressed. It would be fairly easy for any dictator with his support to create a successful false flag attack. He’s already done it.

And he doesn’t care about the rest of the world, as evidenced by everything they’ve been claiming since this war started. The only people he has to convince is the Russians themselves. And they’re mostly all a bunch of wanks.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Media reports those pieces of info that support THEIR narrative.  As for local troops or militias using human shields, the Hamas and Hizballah have been doing it for decades.  I'm not trying to derail, just making a valid point.

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

He controls the media and the vast majority of the population believe anything he says, while opposition is violently suppressed. It would be fairly easy for any dictator with his support to create a successful false flag attack. He’s already done it.

And he doesn’t care about the rest of the world, as evidenced by everything they’ve been claiming since this war started. The only people he has to convince is the Russians themselves. And they’re mostly all a bunch of wanks.

Hi Expand

Agreed he can easily manipulate what is said in Russia, I doubt that most Russian citizens are wanks though as they are being lied to and suspect many know that they are being lied to but not to what extent. It really isn't about Russia in so much as it is about Putin and his objectives and not sure his people know what those objectives truly are.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

Maybe we could settle all of this with a fight between Segal and one of the Klitschko brothers. :whistle:

Hi Not

Steven is very ego based very much like Putin and he still never took Jean Claud up on his offer to school him in martial arts.:lol:

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Not

Steven is very ego based very much like Putin and he still never took Jean Claud up on his offer to school him in martial arts.:lol:

Because he didn't want to be charged with murder after the fight! ;)

• Haha 2

I have to wonder when the Russian economy has been lost to Putin's ego if all the x-kgb that are running organized crime worldwide will be the ones that invest in rebuilding Russia.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Just saw a report of a Russian soldier running over a colonel after the doofus got his friends killed...

I mean damn,who's running this s*** show?...Moe,Larry,and Curly? :lol:

Too add he ran over him in a tank!

Maybe they are doing all this inept kind of stuff on purpose because they really dont want to attack the Ukrainians.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, razman said:

Maybe they are doing all this inept kind of stuff on purpose because they really dont want to attack the Ukrainians.

There's gotta be a better less humiliating way I'd think...

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Expand

Agreed he can easily manipulate what is said in Russia, I doubt that most Russian citizens are wanks though as they are being lied to and suspect many know that they are being lied to but not to what extent. It really isn't about Russia in so much as it is about Putin and his objectives and not sure his people know what those objectives truly are.

No, they are. They love dictators and love Russia projecting its power elsewhere. Love it.

It’s just a completely different culture and way of thinking over there.

1 minute ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No, they are. They love dictators and love Russia projecting its power elsewhere. Love it.

Hi Expand

I have never been there and after moving here have only met one Russian and that was in a pub and he heard me talking to a fellow from Mexico in Spanish. After frisking me for a mike he asked if I would be interested in going to S. America to do purchases for them and I told him it wasn't the place to talk about it and gave him a bogus phone number and never went back to that pub.

I really have no idea what people in Russia think and will not make projections on them.

• Like 1

The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When The War Began—Because It Keeps Capturing Them From Russia

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/03/24/the-ukrainian-army-has-captured-enough-russian-tanks-to-make-good-all-its-own-losses-and-then-some/?sh=f48870f7922c

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Expand

I have never been there and after moving here have only met one Russian and that was in a pub and he heard me talking to a fellow from Mexico in Spanish. After frisking me for a mike he asked if I would be interested in going to S. America to do purchases for them and I told him it wasn't the place to talk about it and gave him a bogus phone number and never went back to that pub.

I really have no idea what people in Russia think and will not make projections on them.

Read polls, listen to Europeans who know large Russian communities in their countries. They love Putin and every scummy thing he’s ever done, including this current war.

Something like 80% support him historically, and 70% support the war.

You can blame their indoctrination but at the end of the day they all have the internet now and the same access to information as anyone else. I’m not making excuses for them when their most watched talk shows are talking every night about nuking the world and invading half of Europe. They’re as bad, or even worse given the information at their fingertips, than the brainwashed Germans before WW2.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I think what you say is accurate with older adults.  Those of my age still remember life under the communist system and many have it worse off economically under the current system.  The youth seem to be a lot different in outlook:

• Like 1

That 1420 website is quite interesting.  The only serious limitation to it is that the respondents are almost always from Moscow or SPB and tend to be more educated and wealthier than average Russians.

ETA:

Edited by and then
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

President Of Pontian Greek Organisation on Mariupol: The Azov Battalion hide in civilian homes

The president of the Panhellenic Coordinating Committee of Repatriated Greek Pontians, Alexandros Iosifidis, addressed a desperate appeal in every direction, for the safety of ethnic Greeks stuck in the besieged city of Mariupol. 

The president of the Pontian association claimed that the Ukrainian neo-Nazi Azov Battalion were hiding in civilian houses.

“The armed units of the Aidar and Azov battalions have been deployed inside the houses of the citizens, making any attempt of the citizens to escape impossible,” he said.

[...]

“Those who manage to charge their mobile phones from the car, tell me about a state of absolute terror. The [neo-Nazi] militants eat and drink, rob civilians and threaten them inside their homes,” the community leader continued.

Iosifidis said that Ukrainian forces were using civilians as a “shield.”

https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/03/24/pontian-mariupol-azov-battalion/

For the same reason no one spoke about the fire bombing of Dresden in 1943, war crimes on “our” side are ignored until thr war is over. 

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked