Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Iraq was a sovereign country before the U.S/Britain/Australia/Poland decided to invade it in 2003.

Sure Iraq was a sovereign country and this was one of the reasons why so many people were against that war. My country send troops to Iraq in 2003 aswell, but I didn't support that we did it. I supported the troops, not the mission.

The war against Iraq in 1991 would be a better comparison. Iraq invaded a sovereign country and they were defeated. I had no problem with that war.

Anyway what you are doing here is simply "whataboutism". https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Whataboutism

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 4

The French are now sending Ukraine Caesar 155mm self propelled howitzers and the Canadians are sending M777 howitzers.  

Stuff is about to go down in the German government.  Essentially the German chancellor is still blocking sending most German heavy weapons to Ukraine, blocked transfer of Leopard 1 tanks and Marauder IFVs.  The minor parties in the German government are all for sending Ukraine heavy weapons, a good part of the ruling coalition is for sending Ukraine heavy weapons but the SPD, who the German chancellor is a part of tend to have a lot of ties to Russia and a large part of the party doesnt want to aid Ukraine or anger Russia.  There is talks of taking the weapon shipments to a vote of the German parliament to bypass the chancellor blocking weapon shipments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

These sugar-coated rationals are for consumption by the masses. 

I've never supported Putin or this war.  I just don't think that Ukraine's internal politics, nasty and disgusting as it may be, is justification for starting a war of aggression. Unless I missed something, the Nazis didn't attack anyone outside of Ukraine AND only began their war against those in the east AFTER Putin grabbed Crimea and began a slow-burn insurgency against the rest of the nation.

I'll also say it for all to see - I supported the war in Iraq under Bush 2 and I'm ashamed for it now.  I used to trust my nation but the treatment of Trump by the DC crowd forever ended that level of trust for EITHER party's control in the future.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Stuff is about to go down in the German government.  Essentially the German chancellor is still blocking sending most German heavy weapons to Ukraine, blocked transfer of Leopard 1 tanks and Marauder IFVs.  The minor parties in the German government are all for sending Ukraine heavy weapons, a good part of the ruling coalition is for sending Ukraine heavy weapons but the SPD, who the German chancellor is a part of tend to have a lot of ties to Russia and a large part of the party doesnt want to aid Ukraine or anger Russia.  There is talks of taking the weapon shipments to a vote of the German parliament to bypass the chancellor blocking weapon shipments.

Germany has a significant Russian-speaking population. It is no secret that many of the more than 2 million migrants from the former Soviet Union who now live in Germany are strong supporters of Vladimir Putin. And they have never been shy about publicly expressing their support. I'm pretty sure the chancellor knows that, and estranging these people could be enough for him to loose the next election. He has no choice but to be careful.

Edited by Occult1

4 hours ago, and then said:

I'll also say it for all to see - I supported the war in Iraq under Bush 2 and I'm ashamed for it now.  I used to trust my nation but the treatment of Trump by the DC crowd forever ended that level of trust for EITHER party's control in the future.

I will say for all to see...I supported the war in Iraq and I only regret one thing...W didn't continue on to Iran.  W put out the Bush Doctrine...if you are a terrorist nation, if you give safe haven to terrorists, we are coming after you.  We had 100,000+ troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.  A perfectly set up staging area for a war with Iran.  But W didn't have the intestinal fortitude to go to war with Iran.  Why would that be?  Hmmmm...Russia perhaps?  Go figure!  Good thing I'm not in power...maybe...

Edited by joc
  • Like 1

What happens to weapons sent to Ukraine? The US doesn't really know

Washington (CNN)The US has few ways to track the substantial supply of anti-tank, anti-aircraft and other weaponry it has sent across the border into Ukraine, sources tell CNN, a blind spot that's due in large part to the lack of US boots on the ground in the country -- and the easy portability of many of the smaller systems now pouring across the border.

It's a conscious risk the Biden administration is willing to take.

In the short term, the US sees the transfer of hundreds of millions of dollars' worth of equipment to be vital to the Ukrainians' ability to hold off Moscow's invasion. A senior defense official said Tuesday that it is "certainly the largest recent supply to a partner country in a conflict." But the risk, both current US officials and defense analysts say, is that in the long term, some of those weapons may wind up in the hands of other militaries and militias that the US did not intend to arm.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/19/politics/us-weapons-ukraine-intelligence/index.html

Russian military column destroyed in Kerson Region.
Russian troops attempted to assault Zelene Pole at Zaporizhzhia frontline, but failed - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Ukrainian army destroyed 3 Russian tanks near Izyum.
Russian Troops Attempted a breakthrough near virnopilla of Kharkiv region, but failed.
Russian troops attempted to assault Zelene Pole at Zaporizhzhia frontline, but failed.

Should be noted, it's now been four days sense any note worthy gain of territory by Russian has taken place.
And in that same time, some land was taken by Ukraine.
Russia holds less Ukrainian land today then they did on Monday.

Again while this is not a one sided conflict, if this is what people consider "Russian victory soon" I don't know what to tell them.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, joc said:

I will say for all to see...I supported the war in Iraq and I only regret one thing...W didn't continue on to Iran.  W put out the Bush Doctrine...if you are a terrorist nation, if you give safe haven to terrorists, we are coming after you.  We had 100,000+ troops in Afghanistan and Iraq.  A perfectly set up staging area for a war with Iran.  But W didn't have the intestinal fortitude to go to war with Iran.  Why would that be?  Hmmmm...Russia perhaps?  Go figure!  Good thing I'm not in power...maybe...

Go home joc, you’re drunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Occult1 said:

The Iraq war was illegal under international law and breached the U.N. charter.

He was referring to desert storm war, Iraq had invaded Kuwait.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Go home joc, you’re drunk.

It is laughable that you and your ilk have nothing to say about the subject except to make untrue, calculated, hateful remarks about those who disagree with your Media Narrative version of the truth.  

Your slanderous accusation is exactly what the Media did to Trump.  Lie, lie, lie...and if you present lie's often enough and loud enough, people who hear them begin to believe them.  

I am not drunk...I rarely if ever even  drink alcohol...in fact...the last time I  drank any alcohol was several weeks ago. 

You are a slanderous, hateful, lying,  pathetic piece of human debris EMM.  I didn't attack you.  But I will defend myself against you and all your kind.  So will Trump...and that's why I still support him.  Go support the party that propped up Bill Clinton while he was seducing 20 year old interns in the Oval Office.  

You need to go find your pal Stereo and plan your next attack against me.  Unlike you and your cohorts in Russia, some of us actually care about Freedom of Speech and understand the power of it.  So shut up!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, joc said:

It is laughable that you and your ilk have nothing to say about the subject except to make untrue, calculated, hateful remarks about those who disagree with your Media Narrative version of the truth.  

Your slanderous accusation is exactly what the Media did to Trump.  Lie, lie, lie...and if you present lie's often enough and loud enough, people who hear them begin to believe them.  

I am not drunk...I rarely if ever even  drink alcohol...in fact...the last time I  drank any alcohol was several weeks ago. 

You are a slanderous, hateful, lying,  pathetic piece of human debris EMM.  I didn't attack you.  But I will defend myself against you and all your kind.  So will Trump...and that's why I still support him.  Go support the party that propped up Bill Clinton while he was seducing 20 year old interns in the Oval Office.  

You need to go find your pal Stereo and plan your next attack against me.  Unlike you and your cohorts in Russia, some of us actually care about Freedom of Speech and understand the power of it.  So shut up!

:lol: Jesus, calm down. It was a joke. It's a meme.

I guess you must be grumpy because you're hungover.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

Russian military column destroyed in Kerson Region.
Russian troops attempted to assault Zelene Pole at Zaporizhzhia frontline, but failed - General Staff of Armed Forces of Ukraine.
Ukrainian army destroyed 3 Russian tanks near Izyum.
Russian Troops Attempted a breakthrough near virnopilla of Kharkiv region, but failed.
Russian troops attempted to assault Zelene Pole at Zaporizhzhia frontline, but failed.

First off, you don't provide any links to back up your claims.

Second, I'm pretty sure your ''infos'' come from Pro-Ukrainian propaganda sources.

Which is far from objective, or even real.

Edited by Occult1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

First off, you don't provide any links to back up your claims.

Second, I'm pretty sure your ''infos'' come from Pro-Ukrainian propaganda sources.

Which is far from objective, or even real.

Considering the Pro Ukrainian sources that have been continually providing numbers and events closely align with Russia’s own leaked numbers from a few days ago, I’d say that the Ukrainians have been remarkably honest and reliable when it comes to reporting what’s actually happening.

On the other hand, it is Russian sources that parrot blatant lies and propaganda, which are demonstrably false.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

:lol: Jesus, calm down. It was a joke. It's a meme.

I guess you must be grumpy because you're hungover.

Okay...

.B)

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Considering the Pro Ukrainian sources that have been continually providing numbers and events closely align with Russia’s own leaked numbers from a few days ago, I’d say that the Ukrainians have been remarkably honest and reliable when it comes to reporting what’s actually happening.

On the other hand, it is Russian sources that parrot blatant lies and propaganda, which are demonstrably false.

I think there are a lot of false information coming from the Ukrainian side.

For instance, the Azov Battalion reportedly released a video showing children and women in the steel plant in Mariupol and then later claimed Russian forces attempted to storm it.

'I want to see the sun' begs child in Mariupol steel works

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/russian-forces-attacked-steel-plant-140813989.html

This is a clear exemple of disformation. There is no evidence of a Russian offensive on Azovstal. Using children for propaganda purposes also should be condemned.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, joc said:

I get it. You were being cute...I was the one being hateful...I apologize.

Apology accepted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

This is a clear exemple of disformation. There is no evidence of a Russian offensive on Azovstal. Using children for propaganda purposes also should be condemned.

You might want it to be dis-information, but just because you personally are not aware of a thing, doesn’t mean it isn’t factual.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

• Like 4

So far the Russian Donbas offensive has had no significant gains, the Ukranians have either stopped the Russians completely breaking entire assaults or the Russians have made minor gains along the front in a handful of locations, seems often just a few km of advance.  Ultimately the Russisn offensive in the Donbas is not meeting its objectives it seems.

Around Kharkiv the Ukranian military is pushing the Russian military back north towards the Russian border with more towns being liberated today.

In the coming weeks heavy western weapon systems, 155mm artillery and various armored vehicles, will start reaching the front lines.  Around that time Ukraine will have almost certainly raised more units from their reserve forces.  Soon Russia will go from one-to-one parity to probably being outnumbered by approximately 100,000 combatants.  Unless Russia declares war and begins full mobilization like Ukraine has done the longer this war goes on the worse it will get for Russia.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

Ultimately the Russisn offensive in the Donbas is not meeting its objectives it seems.

The Russian offensive in Donbass is only beginning.  Do you seriously believe it would be over in a few days? That's not how it works. Russia seems to have adopted a similar strategy to that of Syria. Moscow initially enjoyed limited success there. By the end of 2015, Kremlin airpower had stopped the Assad regime from losing further territory, but even reinforced by Hezbollah and some Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces, it had barely retaken any territory from opposition groups. Only in 2016 has the Kremlin operation begun to produce substantial territorial gains. The Russian airpower will tip the balance in eastern Ukraine, but it will take some time before major effects are seen.

Edited by Occult1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The Russian offensive in Donbass is only beginning.  Do you seriously believe it would be over in a few days? That's not how it works. Russia seems to have adopted a similar strategy to that of Syria. Moscow initially enjoyed limited success there. By the end of 2015, Kremlin airpower had stopped the Assad regime from losing further territory, but even reinforced by Hezbollah and some Iranian Revolutionary Guard forces, it had barely retaken any territory from opposition groups. Only in 2016 has the Kremlin operation begun to produce substantial territorial gains. The Russian airpower will tip the balance in eastern Ukraine, but it will take some time before major effects are seen.

trailer park boys Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

trailer park boys Memes & GIFs - Imgflip

How is it moronic? It's the same general who led the Russian intervention in Syria that is now in charge of the operation in eastern Ukraine.

It's probably not a coincidence.

Edited by Occult1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked