Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Starting to be reports that Russian Major General Andrei Simonov was killed near Izium earlier today during an artillery attack.  If the reports are true Ukranian intelligence tracked his movements with unsecured communications and when he was within artillery range the Ukranian military fired a large artillery barrage at his suspected location.

Losing track of all the Russian generals killed but it seems to be somewhere between 9 and 11 killed so far.

It seems this may have been the artillery attack that killed the general but I'm not 100% sure.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2

Entitlement. Protect our skies. Rescue our soldiers. The billions pouring into Ukraine has created a spoiled child, 

Your neo Nazi husbands are combatants, they don’t get “evacuated” they surrender. However, I’m sure most of them would prefer to die in their bunker like the their beloved Fuhrer.

If the UN intervenes to save a bunch of neo Nazis I’m gonna lose it. Imagine that, WW2 was fought over some Nazis. If the UN were to “evacuate” Azov, WW3 would be fought over some Nazis too.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Everyone who has read in this thread has seen that you are pro putin...
And not just a little but a majior russia fanboy.

I've been called many things here. Some quite nasty. I honestly don't care at this point. I'm just pointing out the facts and offering my opinion.

But no, I'm not Pro-Putin, Pro-Russia or whatever.

You seem to think that as ukraine was a part of soviet in the past, russia can do whatever they want with ukraine and its only their business

In you way of thinking is it okay for sweden to annect finland again with force?

Why would Sweden invade Finland? Or the U.S. invade Canada? It makes no sense. They are strategic partners and allies.

There are reasons why Putin has decided to enter Ukraine. We should seek to understand them objectively if we want to help resolve that conflict. Russia cannot stand idle faced with the political situation in which the West controls its surrounding strategic buffer zone, thus enabling NATO to expand eastward to the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries to threaten the security of its borders, and above all, it does not want to give the US/NATO an opportunity to turn Ukraine into a military beachhead to contain and threaten - with the nuclear weapons on its borders - the Russian State.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Entitlement. Protect our skies. Rescue our soldiers. The billions pouring into Ukraine has created a spoiled child, 

Your neo Nazi husbands are combatants, they don’t get “evacuated” they surrender. However, I’m sure most of them would prefer to die in their bunker like the their beloved Fuhrer.

If the UN intervenes to save a bunch of neo Nazis I’m gonna lose it. Imagine that, WW2 was fought over some Nazis. If the UN were to “evacuate” Azov, WW3 would be fought over some Nazis too.

They are no longer Neo-Nazis; they are now ''freedom fighters'', ''defenders of democracy'', ''patriots'' etc. They have been whitewashed in our media.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

I love how he is like “gee wiz theres a risk some American neo Nazis might go fight with these guys”. Fast forward three months and the propaganda has normal liberals going to Ukraine to fight with the neo Nazis, 

Russian strike on Odesa airport knocks out runway -officials

''A Russian missile strike on Saturday knocked out the newly-constructed runway at the main airport in the Ukrainian city of Odesa, a strategic Ukrainian Black Sea port, military and civilian officials said.

Odesa regional governor Maksym Marchenko said Russia had used a Bastion missile, launched from Crimea.''

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/russian-strike-on-odesa-airport-knocks-out-runway-ukraine-military

Edited by Occult1

This illustrates the problem. The left calls everyone a Nazi. It’s just a meaningless insult to them. They suffer from familiarity bias, everyone is a Nazi. That’s why they don’t care about supporting Nazis. Because on some level they believe the term is meaningless. They don’t even believe their own ****.

Look at these wackos - 

Is that really NYC? Unbelievable. 

57 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

with the nuclear weapons on its borders - the Russian State.

There is no qualitative advantage to having nuclear cruise or ballistic missiles on Russia's borders.  Massing huge numbers of troops and ABM systems, that would be provocative to be sure, but nukes there would not cause an imbalance in the strategic sense.  Sub-launched nuclear-tipped cruise missiles could hit Russia just as quickly and quite possibly, with more stealth, than a ground-launched equivalent on Russia's borders.

Putin wanted a land bridge to consolidate his control of Crimea and his advisors were either badly misinformed or they lied to him about the resistance they could expect.  Now we are faced with an increasingly dangerous situation where the west is seen to be openly trying to bleed his troops and humiliate them in front of the world.  It really IS as though some brain trust in DC and Brussels were trying to force his hand and either cause him to escalate to tactical nukes or to surrender.  Between those two options, it's a pretty safe bet that the world will be seeing the first nuclear detonation in battle, since 1945.

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

Hi El

Have you never stood up for someone at a disadvantage? Life on the streets is a war game 24-7 and so is abuse and I have stepped in and helped people out of those situations, that is what big brothers are for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

I've been called many things here. Some quite nasty. I honestly don't care at this point. I'm just pointing out the facts and offering my opinion.

Why would Sweden invade Finland? Or the U.S. invade Canada? It makes no sense. They are strategic partners and allies.

There are reasons why Putin has decided to enter Ukraine. We should seek to understand them objectively if we want to help resolve that conflict. Russia cannot stand idle faced with the political situation in which the West controls its surrounding strategic buffer zone, thus enabling NATO to expand eastward to the Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) countries to threaten the security of its borders, and above all, it does not want to give the US/NATO an opportunity to turn Ukraine into a military beachhead to contain and threaten - with the nuclear weapons on its borders - the Russian State.

Hi Occult

The thing is is that no one wants a war and the last 50 years of international trade has changed the face of the world I was born in, and for the most part has helped developed 3rd world countries. Yes there is always exploitation of people and resources that is how our world has evolved to where it is now and for the most part use economic wars rather that physical.

If all the world no mater what religious or political systems existed could see the benefits or working with your those that differ for a constructive ends and invasion and occupation of free nations does not work it those interests.

After WW2 with the bombing s in Japan there were war reparations and the auto industry was just one of the areas of investment development by American auto companies who were/are co-owners in many Asian markets. Russia, China, any country should be encouraged to form a means of constructive international trade.

I have and do know some Russians and here like there people have mixed reactions to what their govt does, I know there have been videos of brainwashed propaganda and yet I do not think that they are the majority of Russian citizen attitudes and most keep silent because they know their govt's past and present history.

I am not against Russia, I contest those (Putin and friends) that thought that they had the autonomy to decide the future of a free country and am glad to see the type of global response that has been shown.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

This illustrates the problem. The left calls everyone a Nazi. It’s just a meaningless insult to them. They suffer from familiarity bias, everyone is a Nazi. That’s why they don’t care about supporting Nazis. Because on some level they believe the term is meaningless. They don’t even believe their own ****.

No, the left doesn't call everyone a nazi, only those that fit the description.  Someone like Putin. 

What is nazism anyway?

It's a far right extremist movement.  Some of it's ideological traits represent Totalitarian, Authoritarian, Racist, Nationalist and Traditional values, Expansionism, Economic disparity in favour of the elite class. I read these traits and Putin seems to fit the description to a tee.

The nazi propaganda from this guy towards the Ukraine is so hypocritical it's just laughable how he's managed to persuade so many fools in this world. 

Some of the notes from this interesting article:

• Some have pointed out the far right received only 2 per cent of the vote in Ukraine's 2019 parliamentary elections, far less than in most of Europe.
  • Ukraine's Jewish president, Volodymyr Zelenskyy, and the efforts of the Ukrainian state to protect minorities like Crimean Tatars and LGBTQ+ people, who are subject to brutal persecution in Russia.
  • 1990s, when Russia was shaken by a wave of racist violence committed by neo-Nazi skinhead gangs. After Putin's accession to the presidency in 2000
  • the Kremlin launched "managed nationalism", an attempt to co-opt and mobilise radical nationalist militants, including neo-Nazis, as a counterweight to an emerging anti-Putin coalition of democrats and leftist radicals
  • Moving Together, a pro-Putin youth organisation notorious for its campaign against postmodernist literature, made the first move by reaching out to OB88, the most powerful skinhead gang in Russia.
  • To insulate Russia against the contagion of pro-democracy protest, the Kremlin transformed Moving Together into a more ambitious project called "Nashi", or "Ours".
  • As part of its preparations to confront a potential democratic uprising in Russia, Nashi enlisted football gang members, whose subculture overlapped with the neo-Nazi underground.

If you're still interested, read the following part in the article, (Putin's) Neo-Nazi leaders implicated in killings.  It tells a lot about how Putin has managed to eliminate freedom of press and expression, all opposition and has managed to encircle himself with yes men that profit from his autocratic rule as a dictator.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

Starting to be reports that Russian Major General Andrei Simonov was killed near Izium earlier today during an artillery attack.  If the reports are true Ukranian intelligence tracked his movements with unsecured communications and when he was within artillery range the Ukranian military fired a large artillery barrage at his suspected location.

Losing track of all the Russian generals killed but it seems to be somewhere between 9 and 11 killed so far.

It seems this may have been the artillery attack that killed the general but I'm not 100% sure.

I counted on the Wikipedia page last week. Russia only had 70 generals total before this war started.

That’s almost 20% of their generals.

• Like 1

As far as Nazi's being right wing they never were especially during Hitler's Germany. In the early thirties they were the darling's of the American Left but after Hitler started invading European countries the America Left had to distance themselves from the Nazi's hence they became right wing.

For those of you that don't know much about Thomas Sowell he is a former avowed Marxist that educated himself and is quite possibly the most intelligent mind of his day.

Edited by Buzz_Light_Year
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

@Occult1 Seems Russia even has problems getting equipment to Ukraine let alone hanging on to it once they get the equipment to Ukraine.:lol:

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1520468468562382850

You know full well hes gonna say its BS and thats prolyl a Ukrainian tank. Papa Putler and his cronies cant do wrong.:innocent:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Occult1 said:

But NATO isn't threatening Russia's security. If Russia wasn;t so belligerent NATO wouldn't exist. Baltic states and other countries close to Russia (geographically) want to join NATO for garunteed protection.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

But NATO isn't threatening Russia's security. If Russia wasn;t so belligerent NATO wouldn't exist. Baltic states and other countries close to Russia (geographically) want to join NATO for garunteed protection.

Exactly

The only people thretening Russia's security are Putn and his poodles.   He really should be hung as a traitor!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Essan said:

Exactly

The only people thretening Russia's security are Putn and his poodles.   He really should be hung as a traitor!

Oi leave poodles out of this! I got one and hes a lover not a fighter!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Essan said:

Exactly

I honestly don't know how one of his own agencies haven't taken him out yet. Surely someone must have some idea of his movements/schedules, or given the corruption there, it should be obtainable. It wouldn't be too hard to place a sniper/s, strategically somewhere for a clear head shot. There's got to be at least a handful of his hierarchy that are getting worried about his mental state and the possible future of their own families under a threat of global nuclear conflict. Unless of course, they know that he's bluffing. It must still be a worry for them though, even if that is the case.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Occult1 said:

I never figured you were really pro Putin or from there( as you have said you are not from there a few times) , i look at it more like a " devil's advocate " type of thing. 

7 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Well , you gotta figure that Ukraine and some other Europe countries pretty much already have nuclear weapons on their border from a country that has already invaded and it seems trying to assimilate them in a way. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I honestly don't know how one of his own agencies haven't taken him out yet. Surely someone must have some idea of his movements/schedules, or given the corruption there, it should be obtainable. It wouldn't be too hard to place a sniper/s, strategically somewhere for a clear head shot. There's got to be at least a handful of his hierarchy that are getting worried about his mental state and the possible future of their own families under a threat of global nuclear conflict. Unless of course, they know that he's bluffing. It must still be a worry for them though, even if that is the case.

I get the feeling he stays pretty much tucked away these days , maybe doing many things via teleconference ,  plus he got his 20 foot table :huh:, though apparently he was out in public a few weeks back , but his security is probably extreme . I can see the possibilty of a military coup happening , which we've seen in many other places , where if they all stop following his orders , then they can grab the so called "poodles" as well why they at it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

As far as Nazi's being right wing they never were especially during Hitler's Germany. In the early thirties they were the darling's of the American Left but after Hitler started invading European countries the America Left had to distance themselves from the Nazi's hence they became right wing.

:lol: This must be the most laughable thing I've read in years.  They weren't right, they were extremely far right. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, razman said:

I never figured you were really pro Putin or from there( as you have said you are not from there a few times) , i look at it more like a " devil's advocate " type of thing.

lol. Naw man it's a guy that lives here in the U.S. and dude has been using two accounts in this very thread under VPN. He did have another account here years ago and he was extremely outspoken back then against U.S. involvement in foreign wars (Iraq war, Afgan war, etc.) and always had a hard on for Ron Paul during the Obama years. I recognized his posting style, tone and some of the usual words he uses from back then and in his two new accounts. Man it was funny because he use to rile people up both sides (conservs and libs), but I think he pushed his luck to the point he irritated the mods and I suspect his old original account got perma banned.

My advice to him is to stop using both accounts in this thread, VPN or no VPN, since the thread he created (the Nazi thread in this forum section), and was using the other account with it, got closed about month ago before he started posting in this thread.

Edited by Gunn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, Gunn said:

lol. Naw man it's a guy that lives here in the U.S. and dude has been using two accounts in this very thread under VPN. He did have another account here years ago and he was extremely outspoken back then against U.S. involvement in foreign wars (Iraq war, Afgan war, etc.) and always had a hard on for Ron Paul during the Obama years. I recognized his posting style, tone and some of the usual words he uses from back then and in his two new accounts. Man it was funny because he use to rile people up both sides (conservs and libs), but I think he pushed his luck to the point he irritated the mods and I suspect his old original account got perma banned.

My advice to him is to stop using both accounts in this thread, VPN or no VPN, since the thread he created (the Nazi thread in this forum section), and was using the other account with it, got closed about month ago before he started posting in this thread.

If that’s true then that is just sad. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

“Russian forces appear increasingly unlikely to achieve any major advances in eastern Ukraine, and Ukrainian forces may be able to conduct wider counterattacks in the coming days,”

It's okay to cry Occult.

image.jpeg.a7b5234a71467b1e1ce2da607e840f71.jpeg

• Haha 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked