Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Is Gerasimov supposed to be the mastermind who was going to straighten things out at the front? It is a pretty big morale blow if he is taken out, and if he is a military genius, he must be a prime target.

According to reports he was heading to the Izium front to fix the issues that were causing the offensive there to stall.  How much of a military genius or mastermind he truly is I have no idea but he is Chief of the General Staff.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

It's funny how some people are jumping through hoops just to try to dismiss the facts I'm posting. Instead of refuting my arguments, they try to discredit me with all sorts of accusations. It's a nice story you just created but i'm afraid it's not true. Now back to the topic.

Man gimme me break. You're posting crap that comes in a round a about way from the likes of Tucker Carlson, Margorie Green, Alex Jones, and whoever else is locked in agreement with that far right group about Putin, besides Trump and Putin himself. Yeah, I know where you get some of your BS from. But why do it, except to be a goddamn argumentative troll. Because nothing you post here is going to change that many minds about Putin, here or in the entire world. Because the U.S. and other countries are going to keep on keepin' on, until Putin has lost, dead or he launches nukes  or we are all dead. It's going to come to a boiling point one way or another. Any dumbass can tell that so far. Surely you have realized that by now that we and the rest of the world are not going to stop until Putin stops or else. Because nobody is going to back down, unless I'm wrong about you being an argumentative troll and you trully are this naive?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I counted on the Wikipedia page last week. Russia only had 70 generals total before this war started.

That’s almost 20% of their generals.

Don't think of it as losses... think of it as "job opportunities" opening new horizons for several Colonels :w00t:

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Stiff said:

I honestly don't know how one of his own agencies haven't taken him out yet. Surely someone must have some idea of his movements/schedules, or given the corruption there, it should be obtainable. It wouldn't be too hard to place a sniper/s, strategically somewhere for a clear head shot. There's got to be at least a handful of his hierarchy that are getting worried about his mental state and the possible future of their own families under a threat of global nuclear conflict. Unless of course, they know that he's bluffing. It must still be a worry for them though, even if that is the case.

There is currently a rumor that he is scheduled to undergo a surgery for abdominal cancer and it will probably happen after May 9th.  IF SO, someone needs to put him to sleep, permanently.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

But of course. Putin, as a classic megalomanic, the losses can't be HIS fault. It must be someone else's. Someone else to blame like his generals lol

Well, it IS the "Soviet way".  Back in the day, it was suicidal for generals to be found to fail.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Looks like Russia isn't done.

No, it isn't likely that the number 2 military in the world will ultimately be beaten by the number 30th or so military.  The question is, how long will it take and how many Russians will go home in bags or not at all.  I think we are witnessing the first real war since WWII where BOTH parties are well armed with modern, ultra-lethal weapons systems.  NATO seems to be coming around to admitting they are supplying AND training Ukrainians in the use of new weapons systems, as well as giving them license to use those weapons against Russia, proper.  I think it's a dangerous trend and if the tide of battle begins to turn significantly against Russia, Putin's response may be a serious escalation.

The question then, is how far will the U.S. and NATO be willing to go to help Ukraine win?  As it stands now, the loss of life and the destruction of housing and infrastructure in Ukraine is horrific.  If it all ended today, it'd take BILLIONS in aid just to clean up and begin to rebuild the housing for the pre-war population.  One need not love or desire to support Nazis to call out what is happening there, a crime against humanity.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, and then said:

Don't think of it as losses... think of it as "job opportunities" opening new horizons for several Colonels :w00t:

Such a great recovery for the Russian economy. Slashing unemployment and creating job vacancies by getting most of your soldiers killed.

• Like 2

Update:

Russia strikes U.S. weapons at airfield near Odessa, defence ministry says

''Russia’s defence ministry said on Sunday it had struck at weapons supplied to Ukraine by the United States and European countries and destroyed a runway at a military airfield near the Ukrainian city of Odessa.

''The ministry said it used high-precision Onyx missiles to strike the airfield, after Ukraine accused Russia of knocking out a newly-constructed runway at the main airport of Odessa.

https://nationalpost.com/news/russia-strikes-u-s-weapons-at-airfield-near-odesa-defense-ministry-says

It seems many of the weapons we are sending to Ukraine are completely doomed and wasted.

Now imagine if the billions of dollars we are spending to arm a foreign country (Ukraine) could be used instead to help solve our own domestic issues.

Edited by Occult1

Now imagine if the billions of dollars we are spending to arm a foreign country (Ukraine) could be used instead to help solve our own domestic issues.

We already throw billions upon billions at those issues and nothing really changes.  I suspect that NATO and Ukraine will eventually find a means of resupply that isn't so vulnerable to attack.  Israel is a good example.  They regularly bomb weapons convoys into Syria from Iran and still, some gets through.  I just hope that no NATO personnel get vaporized for all the world to see.

It seems many of the weapons we are sending to Ukraine are completely doomed and wasted.

You raise a good point.

Someone should really ask Putin why he believes wasting billions of dollars, being economically sanctioned by much of the globe, and sacrificing young people's lives in Ukraine is worth more than using that money to solve Russia's domestic issues instead 

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Gunn said:

besides Trump and Putin himself.

I saw this comment and decided to post a link to the recent interview where Trump acknowledged that Putin is despicable and a war criminal.  I heard the man say it and watched it happen in a Piers Morgan interview.  It was Trump's most recent interview but silly me, I didn't account for the editing.  I can't find it ANYWHERE.  These scummy interviewers won't allow anything that even moderately causes anyone to support the Bad Orange Man.  It's going to be an interesting 2024 campaign ;)

ETA:  I kept searching and finally found the reference - 

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/trump-blasts-putins-use-of-the-n-word-on-piers-morgans-new-show/

Later in the interview, Trump — who has previously said he’d gotten along with Putin when he was in the White House — agreed with Morgan’s assertion that the Russian president is “now an evil, genocidal monster” following the deadly invasion of Ukraine.

I do, well sure, who wouldn’t?” Trump said when asked if he agreed.

Edited by and then

Update:

Russia strikes U.S. weapons at airfield near Odessa, defence ministry says

''Russia’s defence ministry said on Sunday it had struck at weapons supplied to Ukraine by the United States and European countries and destroyed a runway at a military airfield near the Ukrainian city of Odessa.

''The ministry said it used high-precision Onyx missiles to strike the airfield, after Ukraine accused Russia of knocking out a newly-constructed runway at the main airport of Odessa.

https://nationalpost.com/news/russia-strikes-u-s-weapons-at-airfield-near-odesa-defense-ministry-says

Dude, everything we send to Ukraine is “new money for old rope”, it’s the tatty old stuff we needed to get rid of that someone is paying/will be asked to pay too price for.

1 hour ago, and then said:

I suspect that NATO and Ukraine will eventually find a means of resupply that isn't so vulnerable to attack.

The problem is that Russia pretty much controls the air and is blockading the Ukrainian coast on the Black Sea. Without imposing a No-fly zone over Ukraine, NATO's options are very limited. 

Edited by Occult1

37 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

it’s the tatty old stuff we needed to get rid of

NATO is sending modern weapons as well as old stocks.

''The NATO chief declined to offer specifics about that “more,” however, only saying it included “both Soviet-era systems but also modern equipment.

https://www.politico.eu/article/west-seeks-to-ramp-up-arms-deliveries-to-ukraine-as-war-enters-new-phase/

Edited by Occult1

50 minutes ago, and then said:

I saw this comment and decided to post a link to the recent interview where Trump acknowledged that Putin is despicable and a war criminal.  I heard the man say it and watched it happen in a Piers Morgan interview.  It was Trump's most recent interview but silly me, I didn't account for the editing.  I can't find it ANYWHERE.  These scummy interviewers won't allow anything that even moderately causes anyone to support the Bad Orange Man.  It's going to be an interesting 2024 campaign ;)

https://nypost.com/2022/04/25/trump-blasts-putins-use-of-the-n-word-on-piers-morgans-new-show/

Later in the interview, Trump — who has previously said he’d gotten along with Putin when he was in the White House — agreed with Morgan’s assertion that the Russian president is “now an evil, genocidal monster” following the deadly invasion of Ukraine.

He's gettin ready for his 2024 run.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

NATO is sending modern weapons as well as old stocks.

''The NATO chief declined to offer specifics about that “more,” however, only saying it included “both Soviet-era systems but also modern equipment.

https://www.politico.eu/article/west-seeks-to-ramp-up-arms-deliveries-to-ukraine-as-war-enters-new-phase/

“Modern” covers many sins Occult. And means nothing when said by a politician. There are two chances NATO is sending the really new, really useful stuff to Ukraine - Buckley’s and None. 

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

“Modern” covers many sins Occult. And means nothing when said by a politician. There are two chances NATO is sending the really new, really useful stuff to Ukraine - Buckley’s and None. 

Ukraine has no chance against Russia in a conventional war without modern, advanced weapons. Soviet-era systems won't do the trick.

Heavy military weaponry cost a lot of money.

Edited by Occult1

27 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine has no chance against Russia in a conventional war without modern, advanced weapons. Soviet-era systems won't do the trick.

Heavy military weaponry cost a lot of money.

They sure do, Mr. Hand, but that won't make any difference. The West can't afford to let Russia win. This war will last for years and the deeper pockets will win it.

6 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

According to reports he was heading to the Izium front to fix the issues that were causing the offensive there to stall.  How much of a military genius or mastermind he truly is I have no idea but he is Chief of the General Staff.  

Russian command and control is almost nonexistent. Communication systems are archaic, messages are broadcast unencrypted over open channels and cell phones. Generals have to travel to the front to give orders. Command is top down, absolute and individual initiative is frowned on. Putin made the same mistake Stalin made i.e. purged his military of anyone he thought smart enough to oppose him.

In the meantime, Ukranian soldiers and pilots are being trained, out-country, to use modern weapons and aircraft.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, and then said:

No, it isn't likely that the number 2 military in the world will ultimately be beaten by the number 30th or so military.  The question is, how long will it take and how many Russians will go home in bags or not at all.  I think we are witnessing the first real war since WWII where BOTH parties are well armed with modern, ultra-lethal weapons systems.  NATO seems to be coming around to admitting they are supplying AND training Ukrainians in the use of new weapons systems, as well as giving them license to use those weapons against Russia, proper.  I think it's a dangerous trend and if the tide of battle begins to turn significantly against Russia, Putin's response may be a serious escalation.

The question then, is how far will the U.S. and NATO be willing to go to help Ukraine win?  As it stands now, the loss of life and the destruction of housing and infrastructure in Ukraine is horrific.  If it all ended today, it'd take BILLIONS in aid just to clean up and begin to rebuild the housing for the pre-war population.  One need not love or desire to support Nazis to call out what is happening there, a crime against humanity.  

Personally, with all the weaponry they've received from NATO I wouldn't classify them number 30th or so anymore and I don't think NATO will or can stop helping the Ukraine and if anything, the supply is going to increase until the invasion of Russian advances stops and counterattacks by Ukranian forces increase, which is what we have started seeing now.  It's going to come down to the wire whether Putin resorts to any sort of nuke out of desperation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Personally, with all the weaponry they've received from NATO I wouldn't classify them number 30th or so anymore and I don't think NATO will or can stop helping the Ukraine and if anything, the supply is going to increase until the invasion of Russian advances stops and counterattacks by Ukranian forces increase, which is what we have started seeing now.  It's going to come down to the wire whether Putin resorts to any sort of nuke out of desperation.

The Russians can't win a conventional war in Ukraine. The troops they have in the East now are already exhausted ,and I mean physically exhausted, (though I have only taken part in exercises in Europe driving an amoured vehicle I know there is never enough sleep and we were constantly digging in, moving on and digging in again), and mentally exhausted as many of them have been reformed from retreating battles at Kyiv, and some have seen or have taken part in war crimes. The Ukrainians are fighting for their lives while the Russians troops want to go home as they don't even have a dog in the fight. Putin is berating his military leaders who are having to go to the front to motivate troops and they are getting themselves killed. None of it makes sense strategically- the war failed in the first few days when the Ukrainian government did not flee to enable the instalation of a puppet government. Putin is now just destroying his armed forces- and a good thing too.

• Thanks 3

2 hours ago, and then said:

Leading up to 2024, I doubt your Democrats are going to let Trump off the hook on calling Putin's invasion of the Ukraine, the move of a 'Genius'.  :P

5 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

The Russians can't win a conventional war in Ukraine. The troops they have in the East now are already exhausted ,and I mean physically exhausted, (though I have only taken part in exercises in Europe driving an amoured vehicle I know there is never enough sleep and we were constantly digging in, moving on and digging in again), and mentally exhausted as many of them have been reformed from retreating battles at Kyiv, and some have seen or have taken part in war crimes. The Ukrainians are fighting for their lives while the Russians troops want to go home as they don't even have a dog in the fight. Putin is berating his military leaders who are having to go to the front to motivate troops and they are getting themselves killed. None of it makes sense strategically- the war failed in the first few days when the Ukrainian government did not flee to enable the instalation of a puppet government. Putin is now just destroying his armed forces- and a good thing too.

IMO, there are a number of things that make up a strong combatant force, morale, technology, tactics, commitement/leadership & numbers.  With NATO supplying similar equal technology, Russians only have superior numbers over the Ukraine (weapons and manpower) which seem to be useless against better tactics, morale and leadership. 

In addition, the Ukranians have the advantage of fighting on their home terrain in a defensive role where they can force Russian troops and heavy armory to advance slowly and getted picked off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Something is happening in Belgorod right now and no one knows what it is.  I'm not even sure where to begin.

Over Belgorod there are reports of explosions and sonic booms, they both might be the same no one is sure yet, jets seem to be flying over the city, flares are in the sky, and Putin has declared a state of emergency in Belgorod for 60 days starting at midnight local time.  

This is just a very weird and confusing chain of events.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Black Red Devil said:

It's going to come down to the wire whether Putin resorts to any sort of nuke out of desperation

This is my instinct as well.  I don't see the little thug as being able to back down and if he isn't given at least a small chance of leaving the field with some tiny bit of "dignity", he may well use a low yield nuke in an airburst over a Ukrainian city.  Most likely it will be near a NATO border.  What happens THEN, is anyone's guess.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked