Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

9 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Or the Russian site is bs..

Ah wait, whats this on the bottom of the BBCs claims: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60506682 Thats a nicely worded disclaimer isn`t it? Here it is:

About these maps

To indicate which parts of Ukraine are under control by Russian troops we are using daily assessments published by the Institute for the Study of War with the American Enterprise Institute's Critical Threats Project.

To show key areas where advances are taking place we are also using daily updates from the UK Ministry of Defence and BBC research.

The situation in Ukraine is fast moving and it is likely there will be times when there have been changes not reflected in the maps.

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:

Ah wait, whats this on the bottom of the BBCs claims: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60506682 Thats a nicely worded disclaimer isn`t it? Here it is:

About these maps

To indicate which parts of Ukraine are under control by Russian troops we are using daily assessments published by the Institute for the Study of War with the American Enterprise Institute's Critical Threats Project.

To show key areas where advances are taking place we are also using daily updates from the UK Ministry of Defence and BBC research.

The situation in Ukraine is fast moving and it is likely there will be times when there have been changes not reflected in the maps.

Now now I was just making a point that Russian media could be spouting ****, no need to be a b**** about it. Kudos on getting the link!

12 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Now now I was just making a point that Russian media could be spouting ****, no need to be a b**** about it. Kudos on getting the link!

Well its hard to tell because almost all of it has disappeared.

Thats the first sign something is amiss, how can one determine the extent of our own propaganda without seeing their claims?

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Thats the first sign something is amiss, how can one determine the extent of our own propaganda without seeing their claims?

Get a VPN!

Normally I would say the truth lies somewhere in the middle, but it really doesn’t in this case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

The Kremlin said Finland's move to join NATO would 'definitely' be a threat to Russia.

So dumb. This is literally why Finland and Sweden are joining NATO. Because Russia is acting crazy 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Because in the US and other western nations we have access to media that is not state owned 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

About these maps

How dare they be honest and say that the situation is uncertain. Shame on them for not just making it up on their own ! :innocent:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

So how much of that claim has been confirmed, if any? Did a bit of checking earlier and haven't seen anything about a confirmation, nor any sentiments about Donbas being primarily mostly controlled by Russia.

Is that just a sensationalist article that you're using to push your pro-Russian agenda?

The New York Times doesn't push a pro-russian agenda. I'm quoting directly from their article. I do believe though, that there is a push from our western governments to try to minimize Russia's gains in the east and frame their operation as a failure. We don't want to give them the momentum. But the reality, when you look at the map is that Russia is not that far from achieving their objective. They now control around 80% of the entire Donbass.

Edited by Occult1

50 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

The New York Times doesn't push a pro-russian agenda.

I didn't say they were - I said that the article was sensationalist, and that you're using it to push your pro-Russian agenda.

50 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I'm quoting directly from their article.

I didn't express doubt that you were, so not sure why you mentioned that.

52 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

I do believe though, that there is a push from our western governments to try to minimize Russia's gains in the east and frame their operation as a failure.

Their operation is a failure - it's not about whether western governments are trying to minimize the gains in the east, but rather there's no evidence to suggest that their operation is anything but a failure. 

54 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

They now control around 80% of the entire Donbass.

All you have to support that claim is an unconfirmed NYT opinion piece. 

• Like 2

Senator Rand Paul single-handedly holds up $40bn US aid for Ukraine

''The top Democrat and Republican in the US Senate joined forces in a rare moment of unity on Thursday in an attempt to pass $40bn in aid for Ukraine, only to be stymied by a single Republican lawmaker: the Kentucky libertarian Rand Paul.

Faced with the prospect of an extended delay for the package that passed the House of Representatives on Tuesday, the Senate majority leader, Chuck Schumer, and his Republican counterpart, Mitch McConnell, sought to move forward on the aid package only to be blocked by Paul, a fiscal hawk who objects to the amount of spending proposed.''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/12/us-ukraine-aid-rand-paul-senate

How do you send 40 billions to a foreign country when there is so many homeless people in the U.S.?

Another way helping Ukraine is to cancel their foreign debt but this measure would hurt the bottom-line of bankers so you don't heard about that  

1 hour ago, Occult1 said:

Senator Rand Paul single-handedly holds up $40bn US aid for Ukraine

''The top Democrat and Republican in the US Senate joined forces in a rare moment of unity on Thursday in an attempt to pass $40bn in aid for Ukraine, only to be stymied by a single Republican lawmaker: the Kentucky libertarian Rand Paul.

Faced with the prospect of an extended delay for the package that passed the House of Representatives on Tuesday, the Senate majority leader, Chuck Schumer, and his Republican counterpart, Mitch McConnell, sought to move forward on the aid package only to be blocked by Paul, a fiscal hawk who objects to the amount of spending proposed.''

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/may/12/us-ukraine-aid-rand-paul-senate

How do you send 40 billions to a foreign country when there is so many homeless people in the U.S.?

No amount of money is too much to stop a murderous megalomaniac threatening to nuke the planet. 

They should just put one billion up as a bounty. Cheaper and quicker end to this insanity. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Occult1 said:

How do you invade another country in a war that bankrupts your country, when you have a homeless problem 1,000 times worse than the US and most of your citizens are dirt poor peasants who can’t afford anything more than rent and food?

A third world despot spends their entire GDP getting their asses handed to them and you actually try to turn that around on the literal richest country in the World. You are an absolute, 100% dafty.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

How do you invade another country in a war that bankrupts your country, when you have a homeless problem 1,000 times worse than the US and most of your citizens are dirt poor peasants who can’t afford anything more than rent and food?

A third world despot spends their entire GDP getting their asses handed to them and you actually try to turn that around on the literal richest country in the World. You are an absolute, 100% dafty.

Shhheee don't burst bubble :D

You wouldn't believe the amount of russians that think that the average quality of life of russians is amongst the best in the world, I only realised this after a russian speaker friend told me this and showed me russian propaganda videos. One of the videos were russians on national tv mocking italians quality of life.

Been hearing various reports that the Russian government is refusing to take the bodies of killed Russian soldiers that the Ukranian government has collected from battlefields.  From what I been hearing thousands of killed Russian soldiers are still being held in Ukranian morgues and in freezer train cars as the Ukranian government tries to get Russia to accept and arrange delivery of the bodies back to Russia.  From what it seems like, the Ukranian government is starting to prepare to bury the killed Russian soldiers in Ukraine as they cant store the bodies for much longer.

Also been hearing reports that the Russian government is refusing to pay out the living families of the crew members of the Moskva who have been killed or are missing.  The Russian government is saying that as no war has been declared and that according to the Russian government's official stance, as the Moskva was not involved in combat operations and sank due to an accident that the families do not qualify for the promised payment. 

Lastly there has been occasional rumors that make it online that some families of killed Russian soldiers are not being notified of the deaths of said Russian soldiers and that when their families start asking about where there fathers/sons/husbands/brothers are or what condition they are in the Russian government's response is that they have disappeared and the Russian military/government does not know where they are or that they finished their term of service have been discharged and there location and condition is no longer known by the Russian military and it's the family's problem that they havent returned home yet.  

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Been hearing various reports that the Russian government is refusing to take the bodies of killed Russian soldiers that the Ukranian government has collected from battlefields.  From what I been hearing thousands of killed Russian soldiers are still being held in Ukranian morgues and in freezer train cars as the Ukranian government tries to get Russia to accept and arrange delivery of the bodies back to Russia.  From what it seems like, the Ukranian government is starting to prepare to bury the killed Russian soldiers in Ukraine as they cant store the bodies for much longer.

Also been hearing reports that the Russian government is refusing to pay out the living families of the crew members of the Moskva who have been killed or are missing.  The Russian government is saying that as no war has been declared and that according to the Russian government's official stance, as the Moskva was not involved in combat operations and sank due to an accident that the families do not qualify for the promised payment. 

Lastly there has been occasional rumors that make it online that some families of killed Russian soldiers are not being notified of the deaths of said Russian soldiers and that when their families start asking about where there fathers/sons/husbands/brothers are or what condition they are in the Russian government's response is that they have disappeared and the Russian military/government does not know where they are or that they finished their term of service have been discharged and there location and condition is no longer known by the Russian military and it's the family's problem that they havent returned home yet.  

I've heard these rumours, there is a YouTube channel that posts supposedly leaked audio from phone calls inside UKr from russian soldiers, unfortunately I don't take it seriously as I don't know how much of it is fabricated for propaganda.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, godnodog said:

I've heard these rumours, there is a YouTube channel that posts supposedly leaked audio from phone calls inside UKr from russian soldiers, unfortunately I don't take it seriously as I don't know how much of it is fabricated for propaganda.

What I been seeing mostly is stuff Russian civilians are supposedly saying on telegram/posting online in some form.  No way to verify any of it but the rumors wouldnt surprise me if true.  The narrative that the Russian government is saying to its people about the invasion is completely disconnected from reality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

Here is a great site I found, don’t know if your familiar with it, it has many links directly to Ukrainian and Russian sites and the latest battle data is kept updated directly from Ukrainian Forces translated to English. Unfortunately the Russian sites are not translated so if you interested you need to use a translator. I recently bought the latest large screen IPAD Air, and it has a built in translator that translates entire articles.

AB14BB95-82F9-4F82-A17F-58ABB6C40857.png.3df34125b18832001b07679e9f114450.png

The Defence Blog: https://defence-blog.com

44 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

What I been seeing mostly is stuff Russian civilians are supposedly saying on telegram/posting online in some form.  No way to verify any of it but the rumors wouldnt surprise me if true.  The narrative that the Russian government is saying to its people about the invasion is completely disconnected from reality.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

. I recently bought the latest large screen IPAD Air, and it has a built in translator that translates entire articles.

Thanks for the link.

I get some info from this youtuber, so far he has gotten plenty of stuff right:

https://youtube.com/c/SpeakTheTruth1

I also see others but these have a far more propaganda feel.

Others just show drone videos of military strikes and context.

Unfortunately our news media don't cover what is happening on the military level, only small mentions

My 2012 10.1 samsung note does that for years, still a good choice you made.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Thanks for the link.

I get some info from this youtuber, so far he has gotten plenty of stuff right:

https://youtube.com/c/SpeakTheTruth1

I also see others but these have a far more propaganda feel.

Others just show drone videos of military strikes and context.

Unfortunately our news media don't cover what is happening on the military level, only small mentions

My 2012 10.1 samsung note does that for years, still a good choice you made.

Your certainly welcome here is something else, you may enjoy!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

Your certainly welcome here is something else, you may enjoy!

I had seen something similar before.

One thing I've now realized above the russian militar command structure and its very rigid top down structure and its lack of sargents and other lower ranking officers, I am most probably incorrect in my reasoning, but russian government and top militar don't want this to help mitigate possible organized from down to top movements that could end up causing regime changes, if the lower ranks of the army are set up in a way that they get direct orders from top it would be very very hard to organise amongst themselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, godnodog said:

I had seen something similar before.

One thing I've now realized above the russian militar command structure and its very rigid top down structure and its lack of sargents and other lower ranking officers, I am most probably incorrect in my reasoning, but russian government and top militar don't want this to help mitigate possible organized from down to top movements that could end up causing regime changes, if the lower ranks of the army are set up in a way that they get direct orders from top it would be very very hard to organise amongst themselves.

To be honest I don’t know if your incorrect or not, it actually it kinda makes sense!

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked