Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Orcs tried to use Snake Island as some sort of substitute for a cruiser. They lost Moskva cruiser, which provided anti-aircraft and other defence for their Black Sea fleet, so they chained Tor anti-aircraft system to another ship 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/18833068/russia-warships-air-defences-harpoon-missile-ukraine/

and also packed Snake Island with all sorts of AA systems. 

But now it's official

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3511913-ukraine-army-strikes-snake-island-russians-suffer-significant-losses.html

The concentrated blow was dealt to Snake Island, using different forces and means of destruction. As a result, something proudly named by rashists as ‘the island garrison’ is counting significant losses. The military operation continues and requires information silence until it is over,” the report states.

• Like 3

Bad news 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3511845-mykolaiv-region-under-continuous-enemy-fire-one-civilian-killed-six-injured.html

The relevant statement was made by Mykolaiv Regional Military Administration Head Vitalii Kim on TV Channel 5, an Ukrinform correspondent reports.

“We are under continuous enemy fire, including this morning. In the afternoon, there was a strike too; we are checking the effects now. According to the preliminary data, six civilians were injured and one killed. One more civilian is in critical condition; doctors are fighting for his life,” Kim told.

but there's the silver lining:

the enemy is now using old anti-ship missiles against surface targets.

The enemy is now bringing up reserves. The amount of military equipment has increased. But, this is because they are suffering heavy losses. 

• Like 4

https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-odesa-artist-mocks-russian-invaders/31908506.html

'If you laugh, you're a winner'

Before the Russian invasion, Odesa-born artist Ihor Husev achieved considerable success at home and abroad with his haunting, dreamlike paintings...

10040000-0aff-0242-59ca-08da53536e60_w15

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't want to hex it with too early congratulations, so I won't say anything :D 

• Like 4

And something you all heard by now, but I like it so much I have to repeat it: 

https://www.businessinsider.com/former-us-general-knockout-blow-coming-ukraine-russia-war-2022-6

"It's a heavyweight boxing match," Mark Hertling, the former top commander of the US Army forces in Europe, wrote in a Twitter thread late Monday night. "In 2 months of fighting, there has not yet been a knockout blow. It will come, as [Russian] forces become more depleted."

Amen. 

• Like 5

The latest Ruzzian propaganda stupidity: there was NATO base in Sieverodonetsk. 

If only, if only... but there will be :D  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

A question for those who know more about diplomacy and military practice than I do:

Russia says Americans captured are mercenaries and have no rights under the Geneva Convention.

Would the same be applied to Wagner mercenaries captured by Ukraine?  That does not seem like a morale booster for Wagner employees.

• Like 3

Rumors going around that the Ukranian military has broken through the third and final line of Russian defenses around Kherson in multiple areas.

• Like 3

Russian TV airing in Ukraine’s southern Kherson region, army says

MOSCOW — Russian television was broadcasting in Ukraine’s southern Kherson region, the Russian army said on Tuesday, in an area where Moscow already introduced the ruble and began distributing Russian passports.

The Russian armed forces have “reconfigured the last of the seven television towers in the Kherson region to broadcast Russian television channels” for free, it said.

[...]

“The simplified system will allow all of us to clearly see that Russia is here not just for a long time but forever,” the Moscow-appointed deputy leader of Kherson region, Kirill Stremousov, told Russia’s RIA Novosti state news agency.

“We are very grateful to Russian President Vladimir Putin for all he is doing for us, for protecting Russian people in historically Russian lands that have now been liberated,” he added.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/russian-tv-airing-in-ukraines-southern-kherson-region-army-says/

10 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

A question for those who know more about diplomacy and military practice than I do:

Russia says Americans captured are mercenaries and have no rights under the Geneva Convention.

Would the same be applied to Wagner mercenaries captured by Ukraine?  That does not seem like a morale booster for Wagner employees.

Russia is saying any combatants caught that arent ethnically Ukranian are mercenaries, regardless on if they have Ukranian citizenship or not so there claims of mercenaries dont mean much.

Mercenaries have less legal protection but still have rights under the Geneva conventions.

As for Wagner group being mercenaries, the Geneva convention gives a rather precise definition of what a mercenary is and most private military contractors dont meet the legal definition of mercenary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Tatetopa @DarkHunter Everyone who is fighting for Ukraine swore an oath to Ukraine. They're not mercenaries.

Significant number of "foreign" fighters were living in Ukraine for years before, often married to Ukrainian citizens, some are citizens themselves already. Then there are resistance fighters (Belarus, Chechen, Russian etc) with clear goal to gather experience and help weaken Ruzzia before they go back to their countries and start a revolution/independence war. Etc.   

Russia wants to redefine mercenary according to ethnicity.

Add to the pile of their war crimes, because they clearly state they treat POWs differently, depending on their ethnicity.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
Ingliš
  • Like 2

Yes, yes, I'll stop it, just this one, just in: 

(At the very start of the update, Denys shortly explains what is Königsberg, now Kaliningrad, and why is Putler frothing over it so much.)

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

The picture was from an earlier attack on snake island

Which one? This one? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/OSINT88/status/1539304307903832064?cxt=HHwWgICxnZnH2twqAAAA

The official "it's still in progress" still applies. No official photos yet. 

17 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Which one? This one? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/OSINT88/status/1539304307903832064?cxt=HHwWgICxnZnH2twqAAAA

The official "it's still in progress" still applies. No official photos yet. 

Not that picture, there was another picture I came across which I didnt see before and people were saying it was from the recent strike but it was from an attack around May 8 on snake island.

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Not that picture, there was another picture I came across which I didnt see before and people were saying it was from the recent strike but it was from an attack around May 8 on snake island.

I'm not sure about the OSINT's one either. It looks... unfinished. Oh, well. We'll see. Patience. 

Saw this a couple hours ago. Surprised that the German TV station let him speak for so long without cutting him off.

How are western media outlets going to spin Russia expanding their territory as a Ukrainian victory?

Maybe Nato shouldn't involve themselves with countries outside of Nato? Saying that, even New Zealand was invited to this week's Nato conference, even though you can't get further away from the north Atlantic than NZ

9 minutes ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Surprised that the German TV station let him speak for so long without cutting him off.

He was a publicist/editor. I'm not sure why they would cut him off for having an opinion. It's not like he has some level of esoteric knowledge over the situation.

Wolfram Weimer (born November 11, 1964 in Gelnhausen ) is a German publisher and publicist . Among other things, he was editor-in-chief of Welt and Berliner Morgenpost (2000 to 2002), of Cicero magazine, which he and Markus Hurek founded (2004 to 2010) and of the news magazine Focus (2010 to 2011). In 2012 he founded the Weimer Media Group , which publishes The European , WirtschaftsKurier and Pardon , among others .

Edited by Nuclear Wessel

6 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

He was a publicist/editor. I'm not sure why they would cut him off for having an opinion. It's not like he has some level of esoteric knowledge over the .....

What did you think about what he said? Its definitely the first time I have heard that opinion in western media

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked