Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

On the brighter side, Mykolayiv marines shower occupiers in hail. 

(The particular multiple rocket launcher type is called "Grad", which translates to "hail" in English.) 

• Like 2

Izyum direction, 93rd brigade Holodniy Yar destroys enemy equipment. 

21 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Right! Until they get even MORE aid! Imagine if they had 100% of what they asked for!

100%? Imagine if they had 1,000% of what they need? Glory to Ukraine!

Seriously though, public support for dumping billions in to a war because “glory to Ukraine” is to stubborn to negotiate isn’t going to last forever.

Destruction of enemy's armored vehicles

Oh, this works. I think I feel a bit better now. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

So they are both suffering heavy loses? But Russia isn’t completely dependent on billions in foreign aid which is currently only covering 15% of its needs. Ukraine is. 

I would say the oil deal they are engaged in with China is likely providing billions of dollars in aid for the Russians. That's really the only thing stopping the Russian economy from cratering. Let's not try to paint an incorrect picture using crayons. nice try though.

1 hour ago, Hugh Mungus said:

Hahaha, is that the real MoD twitter account? LGBT flag in the profile picture, with #standwithukraine and the Ukrainian flag.

I mean, you can't support homosexuality and homophobia at the same time. Actually, apparently you can

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Ukraine

Totally irrelevant comment. Stick to the topic please. Take your agenda into a different thread please. While there are two definite sides of the discussion here, we don't need childish "observations" to derail this. Thanks a bunch.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

100%? Imagine if they had 1,000% of what they need? Glory to Ukraine!

Seriously though, public support for dumping billions in to a war because “glory to Ukraine” is to stubborn to negotiate isn’t going to last forever.

Why should a country that has been illegally invaded negotiate anything? They are a sovereign nation that has been invaded with no provocation.

"Well since you've invaded us, we should just accept it and give you want you're trying to steal." That thought process is so early 20th century in perspective.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

A country does not need to make negotations with a foreign invader, and financial support is unlikely to stop so long as there are men to fight for Ukraine.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trelane said:

I would say the oil deal they are engaged in with China is likely providing billions of dollars in aid for the Russians. That's really the only thing stopping the Russian economy from cratering. Let's not try to paint an incorrect picture using crayons. nice try though.

Yeah, selling a valuable energy commodity is exactly like taking a hand-out. 

Where did you leave our little car? 

It's hidden in the safe place!

Good!

Yeah, I'll stop it now :D 

• Like 3

Sanctions are having the desired effect it seems;

"Coming to a standstill in Kaliningrad"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/coming-to-a-standstill-in-kaliningrad/ar-AAYKbj3?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=932d171af9434e8485bf1a5e7dcde423

"For supplies Kaliningrad has been heavily reliant on transit routes through Lithuania. But this month Lithuania began implementing EU sanctions on certain Russian goods - including construction materials. It won't allow them to transit through Lithuanian territory to Kaliningrad."

"Back in Moscow, Russian officials are furious. They've been taking aim at Lithuania, the EU, Nato and the West in general."

That's what happens when you heavily sanction a lying, murderous regime. Business stops folks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trelane said:

That's what happens when you heavily sanction a lying, murderous regime. Business stops folks.

Wait for Occult's response on how they aren't likely to be protected by NATO if Russia decides some kind of military action against them. I believe his words to describe their NATO protection as a "token-gesture"...

Edited by Tiggs
Corrected username spelling
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, selling a valuable energy commodity is exactly like taking a hand-out. 

It is, don't try to spin it that it's not. That's all they have now really. If it isn't why did this deal not get brokered before the historic sanctions were put in place? Oh that's right, because they need to generate funding for their illegal invasion somehow. Luckily they have the scumbags in China to pay for that deal. Swing and a miss...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Wait for Occult's response on how they aren't likely to be protected by NATO if Russia decides some kind of military action against them. I believe his words to describe their NATO protection as a "token-gesture"...

A couple of these commenters really are grasping at Red (blood) covered straws to support their pro-Russian viewpoint. In reality,  a joint NATO coalition would stamp out the Russian military decisively.

Edited by Tiggs
Edited moderated quote
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Why should a country that has been illegally invade negotiate anything? They are a sovereign nation that has been invaded with no provocation. 

To save its self from being Aleppo’d? 

2 minutes ago, Trelane said:

It is, don't try to spin it that it's not. That's all they have now really. If it isn't why did this deal not get brokered before the historic sanctions were put in place? Oh that's right, because they need to generate funding for their illegal invasion somehow. Luckily they have the scumbags in China to pay for that deal. Swing and a miss...

China might not be buying Russian oil for long.  The European Union is working on sanctions against ships that transport Russian oil and gas along with insurance companies that provide insurance to ships carrying Russian oil or gas.

Not really any pipelines connecting Russia and China and a lot of these shipping companies will be extremely hesitant to take on the order with sanctions in place.

• Like 3

Just now, el midgetron said:

So surrender to the aggressor to avoid fighting, real coward move.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trelane said:

A couple of these commenters really are grasping at Red (blood) covered straws to support their pro-Russian viewpoint.

At this point it's just sad. One of them actually went out of their way edit their post from "because they (Ukrainians) are getting annihilated" to "because they (Ukrainians) are getting annihilated by superior Russian firepower."'

I don't see any reason to add that bit of information beyond attempts to try and bait people into an argument.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Trelane said:

? Selling an energy commodity is the same thing as a hand out? FFS…… You voted for Bernie right?

Just now, DarkHunter said:

So surrender to the aggressor to avoid fighting, real coward move.

Surrendering to Ruzzians is also a suicidal move. They don't hide their intention to erase Ukrainian identity. 

Ukraine will cease to exist if Ukrainians surrender. 

I know you know, I just want to rub Putler bots' noses in it.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

That is amazing that you think that is a witty answer or a responsible reaction for Ukraine to consider. 

Edited by Trelane

12 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

? Selling an energy commodity is the same thing as a hand out? FFS…… You voted for Bernie right?

It's about context my friend. In this particular scenario it is a hand out. China is doggedly aligned with Russia so they felt compelled to do that deal. It's a handout with a different label, just because you don't think so doesn't make it true.

Didn't vote for Bernie. Nice try though. You might want to sit out for a bit, maybe drink some water and take walk. You're trying soooo hard but missing. I have faith in you though. I'm sure you'll make a valid and truthful point soon.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2

Just now, Trelane said:

Didn't vote for Bernie. Nice try though. You might want to sit out for a bit, maybe drink some water and take walk. You're trying soooo hard but missing. I have faith in you though. I'm sure you'll make a valid and truthful point soon.

When he fails at discussion about the actual topic he makes attempts to turn the thread into a discussion about American politics.

• Like 2

It just keeps getting funnier. The mask has been pulled off the liar's face.

http://New Pew poll: International views on NATO, U.S. rise; Russia decline

"In a time of crisis, the international image of the United States, NATO and Russia has shifted — with views on Russia plunging and views of the United States and NATO remaining positive, even increasing, a new Pew study of 18 nations found."

"In Poland, the shifts have been dramatic. Views on the United States, European Union and NATO have reached all time highs — all hovering around 90 percent — since the question was first asked in 2007. And views on Russia plummeted down from one-third of Poles sharing a favorable view in 2019 to a measly 2 percent in 2022."

• Like 4

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked