Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

9 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

How do the Russians persuade their men to go into battle

Executions

There have been multiple unconfirmed reports of Chechen units used as WW2 era NKVD, for those who dont know during WW2 the NKVD were fanatical and frequently put at the rear of Soviet formations to execute soldiers who refused to advance or tried to retreat.

There was also an intercepted communication of a Russian officer complaining how his men refused to assault a Ukranian position so he executed a few of them and the rest still werent motivated to attack the position.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I was thinking about the MOD tweet gving casualties of over 50%. I am guessing that Ukrainian casualties are also high. You go into a battle with 200 men, and return with less than 100. How do the Russians persuade their men to go into battle with those odds? I can understand the Ukrainian motivation, they are literally fighting for their lives and defending their country. But what are the Russian fighting for? Even if they believed their own propaganda surely they must think the Ukrainians should sort their own **** out, the price is too high.

There's a lot of research that says soldiers ultimately fight for each other more than anything else. The bond you have with your brothers at arms. To keep each other alive.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

:lol: 

'nite, guys. 

Don't let Putler trolls bite. 

• Like 4

Information embargo on the Ukranian advance in Kherson is still on going so not a ton of information is known but there are some people saying that in a few days there will be information released. 

Seems about every day another one or two Russian ammunition depots are hit by Ukranian forces.  Its suspected HIMARS are being used to attack the ammunition depots.

There has been more partisan attacks on Russian troops and collaborators inside of Kherson, seems the partisans are getting even bolder and doing attacks much more frequently and brazenly now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

There has been more partisan attacks on Russian troops and collaborators inside of Kherson, seems the partisans are getting even bolder and doing attacks much more frequently and brazenly now.

It doesn't seem like Eastern Ukrainians want to be "liberated" like Occult hoped.

Edited by Tiggs
Corrected username spelling
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

@Occult1

It's interesting (and sad because it's obvious you have the hots for Daddy Vladdy) that you edited your original statement

to this

Come on, Occult. Really? Pathetic lmao.

Russia has taken the advantage of having the upper hand in terms of manpower and weapons, something obvious in it's nonstop bombardments of Ukrainian forces in the Donbass. Every experts recognize this fact.

Edited by Tiggs
Corrected username spelling
  • Haha 1

• The topic was locked

As I've had to edit a number of posts, a reminder from the forum rules:

3f. Abusive behaviour: Do not be rude, insulting, offensive, snide, obnoxious or abusive towards other members.

That includes deliberately misspelling a member's username.

Tiggs
[Forum Mod Team]

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• The topic was unlocked
26 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russia has taken the advantage of having the upper hand in terms of manpower and weapons, something obvious in it's nonstop bombardments of Ukrainian forces in the Donbass.

Yes, and Ukraine has been bombarding Russian soldiers in response. Do you know the average number of soldier deaths Russia has been experiencing, daily? Take a look at the link I gave you, earlier. 

Every experts recognize this fact.

I’m sure they are also recognizing the fact that many soldiers are being sent back to Russia in body bags, in response. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Does either of those thing impact the fact that Ukraine was not neutral like you claimed?

No, and your question is also irrelevant.

• Like 3

This is the Ukranian drone attack on the oil refinery in Russia earlier today.

I do not speak Russian but from what I understand the translation to be its roughly the first guy noticing the drone and wondering what it's doing, the second guy ask if it is Ukranian, the first guy says no way its Ukranian.  The drone than does a kamikaze attack on the oil refinery, first guy cusses and the second guy says it is Ukranian.  As I said I have no idea if that is the accurate translation or not.

@Helen of Annoy Figured you might find that entertaining

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Trelane said:

No, and your question is also irrelevant.

What question? 

48 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

This is the Ukranian drone attack on the oil refinery in Russia earlier today.

I do not speak Russian but from what I understand the translation to be its roughly the first guy noticing the drone and wondering what it's doing, the second guy ask if it is Ukranian, the first guy says no way its Ukranian.  The drone than does a kamikaze attack on the oil refinery, first guy cusses and the second guy says it is Ukranian.  As I said I have no idea if that is the accurate translation or not.

@Helen of Annoy Figured you might find that entertaining

I’m guessing this was a switchblade drone

While draconian acts were expected from Russian government entities, an event in Ukraine caused significantly greater consternation among local activists. This week, Kyiv Pride released a video of Oleksiy Arestovych, a close advisor to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, from June 19 where he opined that LGBTQ people have a disability.

The controversial appointee then went further stating that while he believed in treating gays with compassion, he is against “propaganda.”

The post from Ukraine’s leading LGBTQ organization garnered over 100,000 video views and more than 7,000 likes in less than 24 hours and contained a call to action demanding that President Zelenskyy fire Arestovych.

Tremendous advances in human rights have been made over the last decade in Ukraine but this folly just days before the country’s main Pride event by someone so near the nexus of power will be closely examined over the next days and weeks for any sign of fallout or consequences.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/lgbtq-community-russia-ukraine-faced-major-challenges-week/#.YrOaqMhNXMg.twitter

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

While draconian acts were expected from Russian government entities, an event in Ukraine caused significantly greater consternation among local activists. This week, Kyiv Pride released a video of Oleksiy Arestovych, a close advisor to President Volodymyr Zelenskyy, from June 19 where he opined that LGBTQ people have a disability.

The controversial appointee then went further stating that while he believed in treating gays with compassion, he is against “propaganda.”

The post from Ukraine’s leading LGBTQ organization garnered over 100,000 video views and more than 7,000 likes in less than 24 hours and contained a call to action demanding that President Zelenskyy fire Arestovych.

Tremendous advances in human rights have been made over the last decade in Ukraine but this folly just days before the country’s main Pride event by someone so near the nexus of power will be closely examined over the next days and weeks for any sign of fallout or consequences.

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2022/06/lgbtq-community-russia-ukraine-faced-major-challenges-week/#.YrOaqMhNXMg.twitter

I’m not sure if this is relevant. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I’m guessing this was a switchblade drone

Wasnt a switchblade, I cant remember the type of drone but it definitely wasn't a switchblade, those are far smaller and faster

Some people online were saying it looked like a commercial civilian drone which Ukraine did get a lot of and wouldn't be that hard to convert into a suicide drone.

• Like 2

Russia Reportedly Launches High-Precision Missiles at Ukraine From Black Sea Coast

''Footage reportedly shows Russia launching two high-precision missiles at military infrastructure in Ukraine from the Black Sea coast.

It is currently unclear what the exact targets were, but the footage was obtained Tuesday evening from the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD), along with a short statement saying that the images show "the launch of two Oniks high-precision missiles at military infrastructure facilities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

They added that the operation was "performed by the Bastion coastal missile system from the Black Sea coast."

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-reportedly-launches-high-precision-missiles-ukraine-black-sea-coast-1718286

Russian strikes have also been reported in Kharkiv, Mykolaiv. Apparently Russia is building up forces in Kharkiv for a fresh assault.

Edited by Occult1

2 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I’m not sure if this is relevant. 

You aren’t sure if opinions voiced by menbers of the Zelensky administration are relevant? 
I just hope Zelensky does the right thing. No need to have this guy hanging around, It’s a prime opportunity for Zelensky to distinguish Ukraine from what KyivPride calls a “Russian measure”. Translation is rough but clearly they equate his opinion to the sociopolitical position of the “orcs”. 

Oh man this guy is really asking for it. Can Kyiv really ignore this any longer?

“Arestovich 21.06.22: "Women in the army are a horror, they are constantly trying to make women the object of sexual harassment, because women are not considered people, and these are ingrained things since the days of the Cossacks."

• Confused 1

The latest update from the Battlefields in the Ukraine and the topic of the day, will Russia attack NATO,

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

The latest update from the Battlefields in the Ukraine and the topic of the day, will Russia attack NATO,

I know Russia is threatening more of its neighbours, but since it has made such a poor showing in Ukraine (losing an estimated 25% of it's troops and materiel for limited gains), aren't the threats a bit empty? 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I know Russia is threatening more of its neighbours, but since it has made such a poor showing in Ukraine (losing an estimated 25% of it's troops and materiel for limited gains), aren't the threats a bit empty? 

In my opinion I am not qualified to give you a definite answer, and honestly I don’t believe anyone on this form can do more than offer their opinion because there are far too many things to consider. First, they do have Allie’s in the area such as Belarus, they have also been threatening to join the Russians in the conflict. Next, while I don’t see it at this time you must consider support from China. Russia and China could make deal like, you help me with the Ukraine and once we have finished I will support you in taking Taiwan. Last you must also consider that Russia is a Nuclear Power, If they somehow feel they could get away with it Russia may use a Battlefield Tactical Nuclear Weapon. If that were to happen there is no telling where this conflict could go, I mean all bets are off at this point. Because no Nuclear Weapon has been used against any country since Japan in 1945. To date Nuclear ☢️ Deterrence has prevented the use of Nuclear Weapons  since 1945, so even if a Tactical Nuke was used that could lead to a Thermal Nuclear War. 

1. Military Personal - Total of 445,000 Military Personnel, including reserves and all.

2. Aircraft - 201 total Aircraft Military Equipment - Tanks - 601 Armored Vehicles - 1510  Self Propelled Artillery - 482 Towed Artillery - 228  Rocket Systems - 238

2022 Belarus Military Strength - https://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.php?country_id=belarus

So I hope what I have shared is helpful but like I said I am not qualified to answer that question and honestly I would be very Leary of anyone who says they can with out a doubt.

Peace Bro!

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

BBC news yesterday . German howitzers are on their way.

They have actually been delivered and are currently being used! 

• Like 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked