Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

5 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Oh man this guy is really asking for it. Can Kyiv really ignore this any longer?

“Arestovich 21.06.22: "Women in the army are a horror, they are constantly trying to make women the object of sexual harassment, because women are not considered people, and these are ingrained things since the days of the Cossacks."

Sounds like you’re discussing women and lgtbtq issues and not the actual conflict on Ukraine. Do you enjoy trying to change the trajectory of the thread every time you get the chance

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Sounds like you’re discussing women and lgtbtq issues and not the actual conflict on Ukraine. Do you enjoy trying to change the trajectory of the thread every time you get the chance

Thanks for bringing that up, his political agenda is not welcome here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia Reportedly Launches High-Precision Missiles at Ukraine From Black Sea Coast

''Footage reportedly shows Russia launching two high-precision missiles at military infrastructure in Ukraine from the Black Sea coast.

It is currently unclear what the exact targets were, but the footage was obtained Tuesday evening from the Russian Ministry of Defense (MoD), along with a short statement saying that the images show "the launch of two Oniks high-precision missiles at military infrastructure facilities of the Armed Forces of Ukraine."

They added that the operation was "performed by the Bastion coastal missile system from the Black Sea coast."

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-reportedly-launches-high-precision-missiles-ukraine-black-sea-coast-1718286

Yes, they're resorting to their precious high-precision missiles because their foot soldiers aren't doing very well. How many soldiers a day is it, again? Did you ever check that link?

Russian strikes have also been reported in Kharkiv, Mykolaiv. Apparently Russia is building up forces in Kharkiv for a fresh assault.

I'm sure that, thanks to this intel, Ukraine will have an easier job at pushing them back like they have been in other areas.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I know Russia is threatening more of its neighbours, but since it has made such a poor showing in Ukraine (losing an estimated 25% of it's troops and materiel for limited gains), aren't the threats a bit empty? 

They're empty until they are not, like Russia claimed that their intentions to invade Ukraine was "Western propaganda" until it wasn't. IMO, I would not put it past them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

They're empty until they are not, like Russia claimed that their intentions to invade Ukraine was "Western propaganda" until it wasn't. IMO, I would not put it past them. 

Given how affective Western weaponry has been against their forces I'm not overly concerned. If Putler went into the Baltics for example. Estonia geography is hard for an invading force, the border which Ruzzia has a massive lake and two choke points north and south if the lake.

NATO must send more troops to the region and the UK needs to expand its military, British troops who are proper equipped are highly affective, despite my views on the UK British troops are the best trained in the world. Just think we need more ships, jets, MLRS, artillery and troops. 

If WW3 starts I think the CCP will move against Taiwan, the West has ALOT of interests in Taiwan, chips being a major one. Plus its an actual democracy, advanced society. And obviously US has vowed ro defend the island. I think the UK would join US but our navy is thin.

All my opinion ofcourse.

• Like 3

Just now, ThereWeAreThen said:

Given how affective Western weaponry has been against their forces I'm not overly concerned. If Putler went into the Baltics for example. Estonia geography is hard for an invading force, the border which Ruzzia has a massive lake and two choke points north and south if the lake.

NATO must send more troops to the region and the UK needs to expand its military, British troops who are proper equipped are highly affective, despite my views on the UK British troops are the best trained in the world. Just think we need more ships, jets, MLRS, artillery and troops. 

If WW3 starts I think the CCP will move against Taiwan, the West has ALOT of interests in Taiwan, chips being a major one. Plus its an actual democracy, advanced society. And obviously US has vowed ro defend the island. I think the UK would join US but our navy is thin.

All my opinion ofcourse.

Of course - I don’t think Russia would stand a ghost of a chance, but then again if they start believing their own propaganda then that could very well give them a false sense of just how effective they are and contribute to them making terrible military decisions.

Re your point on Taiwan - imo China would be able to force the world to its knees with the acquisition to Taiwan by effectively monopolizing chips and electronic components. TSMC is there. There is definitely a higher incentive to militarily respond to a Taiwan invasion than an invasion in Ukraine, as sad as it is to say. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Of course - I don’t think Russia would stand a ghost of a chance, but then again if they start believing their own propaganda then that could very well give them a false sense of just how effective they are and contribute to them making terrible military decisions.

Re your point on Taiwan - imo China would be able to force the world to its knees with the acquisition to Taiwan by effectively monopolizing chips and electronic components. TSMC is there. There is definitely a higher incentive to militarily respond to a Taiwan invasion than an invasion in Ukraine, as sad as it is to say. 

I'm inclined to agree to an extent. China are so inter twined with the world economy its complicated. Ukraine, we're helping them defend their sovereignty and stop blatant Ruzzian expansion.

• Like 5

High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems from the US arrive in Ukraine

High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) from the United States have arrived in Ukraine, Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said Thursday.

"HIMARS have arrived to Ukraine. Thank you to my colleague and friend @SecDef Lloyd J. Austin III for these powerful tools," Reznikov tweeted.

CNN could not independently verify if or when the HIMARS had entered the country or if they were already being used in the battlefield.

Sourcehttps://www.cnn.com/europe/live-news/russia-ukraine-war-news-06-23-22/h_7ddbd5202518d5b691aab9d8e44caf92

Edited by Saru
Reduced length of quoted text
  • Like 4

European Parliament urges EU leaders to grant candidate status to Ukraine "without delay"

The European Parliament has adopted a resolution by 529 votes to 45 calling on European Union leaders to approve Ukraine’s status as an EU candidate country “without delay.”

The vote -- held at a European Council meeting taking place in Brussels on Thursday and Friday -- also called on leaders to grant candidate status to Moldova and the same to Georgia “once its government has delivered” on a set of political and social reforms established by the European Commission.

Edited by Saru
Reduced length of quoted text
  • Like 4

High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems from the US arrive in Ukraine

This shouldn't have been reported.

• Like 2

Just a couple of general reminders for those participating in this thread:

• Please avoid copying and pasting large amounts of text when quoting news sources - one small paragraph and a link is plenty.
  • Also, please avoid posting graphic images of dead bodies, injuries or anything of a similar nature.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Frustration grows in Ukraine as casualties spike and Russia takes more territory

''KYIV, Ukraine — Russia’s invasion in February prompted a wave of public support for the government of President Vlodymyr Zelenskyy as millions of Ukrainians raced to help defend their homeland. Four months later — amid Russian advances and spiking casualties — anger and frustration over the handling of the war is swelling.

In interviews with Ukrainians who have family members fighting the invaders, many said they were upset with the military leadership for deploying inexperienced people to the front lines, and at times sending them into battle without as much as a medical or a psychological examination.''

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-ukraine-casualties-spike-frustration-rcna33268

We are expected to believe that Ukraine is ''doing great''.

3 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

We are expected to believe that Ukraine is ''doing great''.

Against the 2nd most powerful military in the world with only 15% of their requested munitions procured, they are doing amazingly. I wish we could say the same for Russia, who, after four months against a country who has very limited resources, still can't secure Severodonetsk. Still couldn't take Kyiv. Still don't fully control Donbas.

Yeah, they're doing pretty great.

How's Russia doing? How many of their soldiers are dying, daily?

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

This is the Ukranian drone attack on the oil refinery in Russia earlier today.

I do not speak Russian but from what I understand the translation to be its roughly the first guy noticing the drone and wondering what it's doing, the second guy ask if it is Ukranian, the first guy says no way its Ukranian.  The drone than does a kamikaze attack on the oil refinery, first guy cusses and the second guy says it is Ukranian.  As I said I have no idea if that is the accurate translation or not.

@Helen of Annoy Figured you might find that entertaining

Very entertaining :D thank you. 

I don't speak a lot of Russian (though I'm making spontaneous progress each day) but I can confirm your translation is correct. Some parts are unintelligible, but the gist is there. (*boom* ... Blyat, it is Ukrainian! :lol: 

The drone was some cheap thingy, there are details about it in Denys' video Manwon posted, not a Bayraktar. 

Ukraine hasn't officially confirmed that the drone was theirs, so I must conclude there's a possibility it was Ruzzian, they lost control over it and heh, happy little accidents happen.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

This shouldn't have been reported.

Correct. There are still many more weapons systems that were sent to Ukraine but not reported. It should stay that way. 

• Like 4

There's juicy video with Ukrainian forces denazifying an orc tank, which I won't post because it could be seen as graphic, but I must share my delight with the world :lol: 

I love darkly humorous Ukrainian choice of words. They're denazifying and demilitarizing orcs. They're minus-ing them, they're warmly welcoming them. Ukraine will never surrender and they "are ready to fight with shovels if western weapons don't arrive".

(Forgot which Ukrainian official said that recently, but I'm sure he's not the only one who thinks and says so. It's how my country fought at first. We had some ancient weapons and an embargo on weapons imports... so we don't wiggle too much while Milošević's ghouls are cutting our throats... I'm beyond happy that such morbid stupidity wasn't done to Ukraine.)

Ukraine should be the role model for everyone in Europe, no matter where Ruzzia strikes next. (May I be proven wrong, but Putler seems to be determined to keep on destroying his own population and resources until there's nothing left.)

• Like 4

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3513485-zelensky-russians-apply-primitive-scorched-earth-tactics.html

"It (Russia - ed.) destroys our cities, the Russian army burns everything to the ground on its path or devastates the occupied territories. The main Russian weapons are artillery, air bombs, and cruise missiles. The occupiers don’t think about how they should fight; they have a very primitive tactic: they use the most of their bomb and artillery capabilities to simply leave no space for resistance," the head of state said.

"Who do you have to be to target a university, school, or kindergarten with artillery?! Russia has become a terrorist state, that's the point," Zelensky stressed.

• Like 3

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3513170-robotic-dog-from-boston-dynamics-to-help-clean-up-mines-in-ukraine.html

The U.S. Army has agreed to provide one of its two robotic dogs to clean up mines and other ordnance in Ukraine.

I'm sure Patron, the legendary Ukrainian "sapper dog", will appreciate some help from his robotic colleague. 

Patron (Bullet) at work 

Ukrposhta has announced a stamp with a mine-clearing dog Patron - Perild

Patron being transported

*snip*

Patron at the meeting

Пес-сапер Патрон отримав державну нагороду і заснув на брифінгу

Edited by Saru
Image removed due to copyright
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Saru said:

Just a couple of general reminders for those participating in this thread:

• Please avoid copying and pasting large amounts of text when quoting news sources - one small paragraph and a link is plenty.
  • Also, please avoid posting graphic images of dead bodies, injuries or anything of a similar nature.

Thank you.

I should also add no. 3:

• Please avoid direct linking or uploading copyrighted news images - they can be viewed by providing a relevant news link.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Heard a story that a few Russian soldiers got wounded/killed when a goat pulled the trip wire of a grenade trap that were laying out before the Russian soldiers could get to a safe distance.  No idea if its true, but it's funny.

• Haha 6

In other words, Putler managed to find a general who drinks too much even for Ruzzian army standards, to win him the war in Ukraine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I'm sure Patron, the legendary Ukrainian "sapper dog", will appreciate some help from his robotic colleague. 

He has been decorated for his work!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

In other words, Putler managed to find a general who drinks too much even for Ruzzian army standards, to win him the war in Ukraine.

Okay when you're too drunk for a Russian regiment in wartime, your liver is this close to collapsing into a neutron star. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

He has been decorated for his work!

Oh, yes. But he's not resting on his laurels. 

He keeps working on de-mining Ukraine and also finds time to visit children, particularly those in hospitals. 

• Like 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked