Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

34 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He can't resurrect USSR, but he certainly resurrected ************* Stalin. 

Honestly Putin's pretty weak-sauce compared to Stalin. You could probably power a small city if you harvested the energy from Stalin spinning in his grave right now

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Honestly Putin's pretty weak-sauce compared to Stalin. You could probably power a small city if you harvested the energy from Stalin spinning in his grave right now

Well, you're right. Not that it's the lack of evil intentions, it's the incompetence that makes the difference. Though Stalin was incompetent at strategy too, only unlike Putler, he did keep some competent generals for a while. 

To quote an Ukrainian defender: We are so lucky they're so ******* stupid. 

And speaking of energy, Norway agreed to increase gas deliveries to the EU. 

While NordStream 1 (NS 2 was built for nothing, pure loss for Ruzzia) flow is decreasing because Ruzzia needs new Siemens turbines to make it fully operational and can't have them :lol: Since everything Ruzzia says is false, I'm not sure who's doing what to whom there, but I like it because the EU must be weaned off Ruzzian gas, who is going to make it happen faster doesn't even matter anymore.  

• Like 5

Oh, that reminds me... the latest spontaneous combustion case in Ruzzia.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Well, you're right. Not that it's the lack of evil intentions, it's the incompetence that makes the difference. Though Stalin was incompetent at strategy too, only unlike Putler, he did keep some competent generals for a while. 

And speaking of energy, Norway agreed to increase gas deliveries to the EU. 

While NordStream 1 (NS 2 was built for nothing, pure loss for Ruzzia) flow is decreasing because Ruzzia needs new Siemens turbines to make it fully operational and can't have them :lol: Since everything Ruzzia says is false, I'm not sure who's doing what to whom there, but I like it because the EU must be weaned off Ruzzian gas, who is going to make it happen faster doesn't even matter anymore.  

Regarding oil and gas don't the UK produce alot? Pretty sure they've discovered more of the Scottish coast and down the Falklands. Now is the time for Bozo for a charm offensive to the EU and help them out.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Regarding oil and gas don't the UK produce alot? Pretty sure they've discovered more of the Scottish coast and down the Falklands. Now is the time for Bozo for a charm offensive to the EU and help them out.

I'd like that. One of the silver linings of this apocalypse should be developing smooth and constructive relations between the UK and the EU. Normalizing transport, increasing energy trade, crucifying Farage... kidding about Farage. He shouldn't be crucified. His head on a pike would be... all right, I'll stop it now :D  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

We are pretty much self-sufficient in fuel, importing only a small quantity of gas from Russia as in less than 5%.

Our weakness is being reliant on food imports. Did anyone else`s eye twitch at the words `self-sufficient` or was it just mine?

Edited by Cookie Monster

4 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Did anyone else`s eye twitch at the words `self-sufficient` or was it just mine?

Just yours - not surprising

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Did anyone else`s eye twitch at the words `self-sufficient` or was it just mine?

Just yours. Want me to fix that up for you? 

Kidding. Good troll. I'd never hurt you... beyond repair :D  

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Just yours. Want me to fix that up for you? 

Kidding. Good troll. I'd never hurt you... beyond repair :D  

Now, now, you might be needing us Brits to come and save your area of the world soon.

Just like the good old days lol.

Edited by Cookie Monster

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Now, now, you might be needing us Brits to come and save your area of the world soon.

Cookie, you don't strike me as a particularly brave fellow so I don't think you'll be venturing outside of your immediate area anytime soon

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Cookie, you don't strike me as a particularly brave fellow so I don't think you'll be venturing outside of your immediate area anytime soon

Well, not when nukes are involved.

Let the world nuke each other, Britain must stay out of it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Let the world nuke each other, Britain must stay out of it.

I'm sure you will, but radiation, hunger, and famine would be indiscriminant at that point, so you would be pulled into the chaos one way, or another. If you think you're going to be safe if nukes start flying then that would be a significant error of judgment. 

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

We are pretty much self-sufficient in fuel, importing only a small quantity of gas from Russia as in less than 5%.

Our weakness is being reliant on food imports. Did anyone else`s eye twitch at the words `self-sufficient` or was it just mine?

Link please. Pretty sure we get most of oil from Norway, US, Nigeria 

53 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Ummm yeah, no. The Brits basically got their asses handed to them in Greece in WW2.  The 14th INF BDE never remotely made it into that region.

Might want to walk that one back.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Trelane said:

Ummm yeah, no. The Brits basically got their asses handed to them in Greece in WW2.  The 14th INF BDE never remotely made it into that region.

Might want to walk that one back.

Well everyone got their asses handed to them at some point in WW2.  In spite of that we kept going, and for the full duration of the war.

Contrary to what Cookie says, there is no circumstance in which the U.K. will not be involved in a direct conflict with Russia, nukes or not.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Occult1 said:

We are expected to believe that Ukraine is ''doing great''.

So what are your thoughts? 
That ukraine are failing???
Are you stupid or something.
You have been propaganding for months that russia is the 2nd most powerful army inte world..

Imagine a country that is a tenth the size..
Against the 2nd strongest army in the world...
I am at least impressed that a country like ukraine can withstand an invasion by the second largest army in the world..
How many countries in the world could do that ???

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Ukraine Must Accept Every Single One of Our Demands Before Peace—Russia

''Ukraine must accept all of Russia's demands if it wants an end to the war that has been raging for four months, according to Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov.

When speaking to reporters in Moscow on Thursday, Peskov was asked if he was familiar with a 15-point peace plan proposed by the publication The National Interest last week.

The article listed a number of scenarios required for hostilities to end. These included Ukraine becoming permanently neutral, Russia withdrawing its military forces to their pre-invasion positions and Moscow backing Kyiv's EU aspirations.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukraine-must-accept-every-single-one-of-our-demands-before-peace-e2-80-94russia/ar-AAYMuzw?ocid=BingNewsSearch

Do you see this demands as reasonable???

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

brits???? Someone said you are from australia.......

32 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

Well everyone got their asses handed to them at some point in WW2.  In spite of that we kept going, and for the full duration of the war.

Contrary to what Cookie says, there is no circumstance in which the U.K. will not be involved in a direct conflict with Russia, nukes or not.

Well yeah that's true. I wanted to make sure that a claim that was historically incorrect isn't casually thrown out as truth.

As far kept going, never into that part of Eastern Europe.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There is an video on YouTube, where a young Russian tank commander POW is being interviewed. He said they lost 8 of their 10 tanks in their troop advancing on Kyiv because they "broke down". The interviewer starts laughing. Admittedly, this was before the horrors of Bucha were exposed, but there was a comic aspect to that 40 kilometre traffic jam which was shown on the world news. If only NATO had straffed that column with A10s! Putin has a useless, puny army, which only advances because he has an almost limitless capacity to expend shells, civilian lives, and their own men.

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, Grey Area said:

Some elaboration on this would be appreciated. 

Frustration grows in Ukraine as casualties spike and Russia takes more territory

….In his daily address June 14, Zelenskyy called the losses “painful” but said Ukrainians “have to hold on.”

Despite the high death toll, Ukrainian officials have maintained that troops are well taken care of, with sufficient training, food, equipment and rest.

But as the war grinds on, what makes some Ukrainians especially angry is the lack of basic military equipment for those on the front lines. Some military families have been forced to organize donation drives to send medical supplies and military equipment to the front lines….

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/russia-ukraine-casualties-spike-frustration-rcna33268

Despite Western arms, Ukraine is outgunned in the east

BAKHMUT, Ukraine (AP) — Holed up in a bombed-out house in eastern Ukraine, Ukrainian troops keep a careful accounting of their ammunition, using a door as a sort of ledger. Scrawled in chalk on the door are figures for mortar shells, smoke shells, shrapnel shells, flares.

Despite the heavy influx of weapons from the West, Ukrainian forces are outgunned by the Russians in the battle for the eastern Donbas region, where the fighting is largely being carried out by way of artillery exchanges.

While the Russians can keep up heavy, continuous fire for hours at a time, the defenders can’t match the enemy in either weapons or ammunition and must use their ammo more judiciously.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-war-long-slog-2135fc2e76b71451f52e90eb6e5b2cac

Not sure how accurate that statement is.  Some very powerful US equipment is getting sent in as confirmed today.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/u-s-long-range-rocket-systems-arrive-in-ukraine-minister/ar-AAYM9Ke?ocid=Peregrine&cvid=13266f1134f5425d814dac6f63b8377d

"Thank you to my U.S. colleague and friend Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin for these powerful tools! Summer will be hot for Russian occupiers. And the last one for some of them," Ukrainian Defence Minister Oleksii Reznikov

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/ukraine-warns-russia-of-massive-missile-strikes-after-u-s-rockets-arrive/ar-AAYN8hE?ocid=msedgntphdr&cvid=b00b70353bca4bf79fea4ce67125826a

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Certain members in this thread seem to have a pathological need to assume the role of contrarian/devil's advocate lol

• Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked