Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Ukrainian troops may pull back from Lysychansk front line to avoid encirclement -governor

KYIV, June 23 (Reuters) - Ukrainian troops may need to pull back from the key frontline city of Lysychansk to avoid being encircled after Russian forces captured two villages to its south, regional governor Serhiy Gaidai said on Thursday.

The retreat of Ukrainian troops from Lysychansk and Sievierodonetsk, the last two Ukrainian-held cities in Luhansk, would bring Moscow closer to one of its key war aims of capturing all of that region.

[...]

"In order to avoid encirclement, our command could order that the troops retreat to new positions," he said on national television. "All of Lysychansk is within reach of their fire. It is very dangerous in the city."

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/russian-forces-capture-two-settlements-near-ukraines-lysychansk-2022-06-23/

Seems Russia is about to make a final push to capture all of Severodonetsk and Lysychansk.

''Ukrainian intelligence suggests Russian forces will make a push to take all of Severdonetsk and the neighbouring Lysychansk – Ukraine’s easternmost free cities – by June 26.''

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/6/23/ukraine-to-depart-russian-orbit-as-it-closes-in-on-severodonetsk

5 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Certain members in this thread seem to have a pathological need to assume the role of contrarian/devil's advocate lol

By posting articles from the AP and NBC? So fragile.

4 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

By posting articles from the AP and NBC? So fragile.

Oh, it's not me that's fragile...

• Like 1

Russia 'destroys up to 50 long-range rocket launchers in high-precision airstrike'

''Russia's defence ministry has claimed it used high-precision weapons to strike Ukrainian army fuel tanks and military hardware near the southern city of Mykolaiv.

In a video statement, Russian defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said that Russia's air forces had destroyed “up to 50 multiple launch rocket systems located in combat vehicle hangars, including foreign-made ones” and 49 Ukrainian military fuel tanks in the Mykolaiv region yesterday.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/06/23/russia-ukraine-war-news-latest-putin-nuclear-snake-island/

7 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Russia 'destroys up to 50 long-range rocket launchers in high-precision airstrike'

''Russia's defence ministry has claimed it used high-precision weapons to strike Ukrainian army fuel tanks and military hardware near the southern city of Mykolaiv.

In a video statement, Russian defence ministry spokesman Igor Konashenkov said that Russia's air forces had destroyed “up to 50 multiple launch rocket systems located in combat vehicle hangars, including foreign-made ones” and 49 Ukrainian military fuel tanks in the Mykolaiv region yesterday.''

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2022/06/23/russia-ukraine-war-news-latest-putin-nuclear-snake-island/

It'll be interesting to see a non-Russian take on this information. You can't really trust Russian sources - they've, you know... been known to lie every now and again. ;)

• Like 1

On the developing LGBT controversy Zelensky is facing -

According to Pink News, KyivPride has called on Zelenskyy to remove Arestovych, saying that "'such rhetoric from authorities is unacceptable' in light of Ukraine’s bid to join the EU."

Arestovych responded to the criticisms on Facebook by posting a photo of himself in drag and wrote, "The LGBT community is outraged and talking about my resignation. But look at this photo and you’ll understand who should be truly outraged. I think I’m being persecuted, no? I demand tolerance."

Like President Zelenskyy, Arestovych was once an actor and the drag photo was snapped during his days of performing.

https://thepostmillennial.com/top-zelensky-advisor-under-fire-for-calling-lgbt-people-deviants/

Is Arestovych LGBT? There’s a sketchy video going around claiming to show him retiring to a hotel room with a male lover, It’s sketchy. However, he is either LGBT or he is actively mocking LGBT by “demanding tolerance” for his drag performance, How long will Zelensky remain silent?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

According to Pink News, KyivPride has called on Zelenskyy to remove Arestovych, saying that "'such rhetoric from authorities is unacceptable' in light of Ukraine’s bid to join the EU."

Arestovych responded to the criticisms on Facebook by posting a photo of himself in drag and wrote, "The LGBT community is outraged and talking about my resignation. But look at this photo and you’ll understand who should be truly outraged. I think I’m being persecuted, no? I demand tolerance."

Like President Zelenskyy, Arestovych was once an actor and the drag photo was snapped during his days of performing.

https://thepostmillennial.com/top-zelensky-advisor-under-fire-for-calling-lgbt-people-deviants/

Is Arestovych LGBT? There’s a sketchy video going around claiming to show him retiring to a hotel room with a male lover, It’s sketchy. However, he is either LGBT or he is actively mocking LGBT by “demanding tolerance” for his drag performance, How long will Zelensky remain silent?

Hello El Midgetron, please keep your political rhetoric out of this thread, I just don’t understand why wherever you go you bring the LGBT topic along with you. This thread is no place for it, so please don’t carry this subject any further here,  there is no need for your political and sexual agenda here!

Thank you very much for supporting my request in this thread. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Well another Russian Navy Ship  as destroyed by US Harpoon Anti-ship missiles which has caused the remaining Russian Ships in the Black-sea move to positions that are out of range of Harpoon Anti-ship missies  which ie between 124 and 220 kilometers depending upon if the Missile was launched from a ship or by air. 

• Like 3

I heard an interesting comment on R4 this morning: the commentator said, whatever happens now with Ukraine, Putin is finished as leader of Russia as no Western country will engage with them again while he is still in power. So a coup to remove him may come before the end of the war.

• Like 4

UKRAINIAN GOVERNMENT PORTAL:  Official Government Website: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/en

OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF THE UKRAINE:  VOLODYMYR ZELENSKYY : https://www.president.gov.ua/en/president/biografiya

President Of Ukraine: Official press photographic site: https://www.flickr.com/photos/president_of_ukraine/

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

How is this relevant to the topic ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

10 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

Do you see this demands as reasonable???

He does thinks that Ukraine should just agree to Russias territorial demands and declare themselves neutral.... because history shows that neutrality works so well against totalitarian states. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Certain members in this thread seem to have a pathological need to assume the role of contrarian/devil's advocate lol

While I don't believe much of it, it should be welcomed.  Early in this thread it was only positive Ukraine comments that were welcomed.  

2 hours ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

How is this relevant to the topic ?

It's not, I've reported his posts.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Trelane said:

Ummm yeah, no. The Brits basically got their asses handed to them in Greece in WW2.  The 14th INF BDE never remotely made it into that region.

Might want to walk that one back.

I won't let him derail the thread, but I will give extra simplified explanation of who saved whom over here.

My particular part of the world (western part of south east Europe, lol, I know, but that's the precise definition) had both the most rabid Nazi collaborators and the most successful resistance. Sometimes from the same family. It's a shame ex-Yu resistance was communist and didn't allow development of a free society after the war. Nations that used to constitute ex-Yugoslavia liberated themselves in WWII and paid great price in human lives in doing so. Allied aerial bombardments did help push the Reich out, but they also took hefty collateral toll.   

Russians advanced into Serbia, raping and pillaging the civilians they supposedly liberated, but they were pushed back. Ex-Yu was never a part of Warsaw pact and soviets would routinely attempt to assassinate ex-Yu life-long president (yeah, a dictator). So it was a sort of cat flap in the Iron Curtain. 

The most amusing and the most illustrative anecdote is that USSR in a period of warming up relations with ex-Yu presented Marshal Tito (the life-long guy) with new type of MIG, which he promptly gave to Americans. I don't know if that is true, or sort of true, but it sounds plausible.  

The point is, it's a big mistake to underestimate psychotic determination characteristic for Slavic nations that had crappy historic luck of being always stuck between the hammer and the anvil. Croatia and Ukraine, for example. I'll stop before my "short clarification" turns into a novel :lol:  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Myles said:

While I don't believe much of it, it should be welcomed.  Early in this thread it was only positive Ukraine comments that were welcomed.  

It is not about being positve or negative towards Ukraine or Russia but about two  issues, the denial of russian aggression on a souvereign country and the twisted narrative of some that russia is liberating the country of nazis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

There is an video on YouTube, where a young Russian tank commander POW is being interviewed. He said they lost 8 of their 10 tanks in their troop advancing on Kyiv because they "broke down". The interviewer starts laughing. Admittedly, this was before the horrors of Bucha were exposed, but there was a comic aspect to that 40 kilometre traffic jam which was shown on the world news. If only NATO had straffed that column with A10s! Putin has a useless, puny army, which only advances because he has an almost limitless capacity to expend shells, civilian lives, and their own men.

:yes:

Exactly.

Ukrainian army has directly the opposite type of doctrine. They are trying to never waste any lives. Zelenskyy repeats all the time, and each of Ukrainian officials said it at least once by now - that territory can be and will be taken back, that buildings can be rebuilt, but lost lives cannot be returned. 

Which is why it does hurt emotionally when Ukrainian forces are withdrawing from the spots where orcs are doing the focused "scorched earth" thing, at their own stupidly great expense, but I know Ukrainian decisions are wise and humane. Their guys will live and return armed to the teeth, to reclaim what is theirs. While creeping mobilization in Ruzzia is already a problem for Putler, not to mention that Ruzzian soviet military junkyard is huge, but it is not endless. Modern Ruzzian equipment was mostly destroyed by now. (I'm not saying I'm praying for direct conflict of Mordor with NATO in that light, but that would solve a lot of issues once and for all.)

• Like 1

Breaking news:

Ukraine war: Kyiv orders forces to withdraw from Severodonetsk

''Ukrainian forces have been ordered to withdraw from Severodonetsk, according to the top regional official.

The eastern city has endured weeks of bombardment, as Russian forces try to take complete control of the region.

A Ukrainian retreat would be significant because it would leave all of Luhansk under Russian control, except for the city of Lysychansk.

Luhansk, a mainly Russian-speaking region in east Ukraine, is a key priority for President Vladimir Putin.''

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61920708

Russian forces have now captured all of Luhansk region in Donbas.

I have made the case previously that Ukrainian forces should withdraw entirely from Luhansk, as they were risking complete encirclement. I have been called a fool for even suggesting it.

Edited by Occult1

16 hours ago, Herr Falukorv said:

So what are your thoughts? 
That ukraine are failing???
Are you stupid or something.
You have been propaganding for months that russia is the 2nd most powerful army inte world..

Imagine a country that is a tenth the size..
Against the 2nd strongest army in the world...
I am at least impressed that a country like ukraine can withstand an invasion by the second largest army in the world..
How many countries in the world could do that ???

Your country, Sweden, helped Ukraine do that :yes:

Ukrainians are in love with Swedish rocket launcher Carl Gustaf. They took Ruzzian T-90 with it, among the pile of others. 

Damn, it won't let me embed that video... so here's the link (or search "Ukrainian advertisement for the Swedish rocket launcher Carl Gustaf") 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW7nr0zqvvo&ab_channel=proУкраїна%2FUkrainefootage

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Myles said:

That's because sane people can't make positive comments about Putler. 

So of course you are - if you are sane or at least not evil - bound to make comments that are positive for Ukraine. 

Both sides are not bad or equal by default. There's war in Ukraine, bloody, genocidal war and Ruzzians are obvious war criminals. They don't even hide it.

So when you expect pro-Putler posts are welcomed, it's like you expect murdering people promotion is welcomed.

Arguing in favour of psychopath murderers (or suicide by surrendering) is not and never will be welcomed among sane adults.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

That's because sane people can't make positive comments about Putler. 

So of course you are - if you are sane or at least not evil - bound to make comments that are positive for Ukraine. 

Both sides are not bad or equal by default. There's war in Ukraine, bloody, genocidal war and Ruzzians are obvious war criminals. They don't even hide it.

So when you expect pro-Putler posts are welcomed, it's like you expect murdering people promotion is welcomed.

Arguing in favour of psychopath murderers (or suicide by surrendering) is not and never will be welcomed among sane adults.  

i understand where you are coming from but don't totally agree.  I agree that any support of Russia is wrong.    I don't agree that posting something that shows a Russia positive thought is wrong.   Earlier in this thread, if someone posted that Russia was advancing successfully somewhere, it was shot down because it wasn't pro Ukraine.  

I see fake news on both sides although mostly from Russia.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

i understand where you are coming from but don't totally agree.  I agree that any support of Russia is wrong.    I don't agree that posting something that shows a Russia positive thought is wrong.   Earlier in this thread, if someone posted that Russia was advancing successfully somewhere, it was shot down because it wasn't pro Ukraine.  

I see fake news on both sides although mostly from Russia.  

Give me an example of fake news coming from Ukraine. 

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked