Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Nato expansion towards Russia was always a serious threat. This guys analysis from 7 years ago sounds like it could have been written this year its so pertinent.

And why is that a threat exactly? NATO is a voluntary alliance.

Is NATO going to invade Russia? That's how you guys act despite no clear indication that that was ever going to happen.

An independent nation joining an alliance is not jusitification for an invasion.

The cold war has been over for decades 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No. And I don't think I'm understanding your point.

As I pointed out to you earlier, the video is from before 2/24. Yet, you respond with his thesis being “dumb” and “Ukraine did nonething that justifies a Russian invasion.”. So, you apparently believe he can see into the future and include an invasion that is not yet to even happened in the thesis he presents in the video.

I know none of it really matters to the war mongers. Their entire world started on 2/24.

11 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

And why is that a threat exactly? NATO is a voluntary alliance.

Is NATO going to invade Russia? That's how you guys act despite no clear indication that that was ever going to happen.

An independent nation joining an alliance is not jusitification for an invasion.

The cold war has been over for decades 

And if Canada decided to join the Warsaw pact in 1965? Would that have been a threat to the US?

I think the Cuban missle crisis proved the point.

But "an independent nation joining an alliance is not justification....." 

One rule for you, one for Russia 

Edited by Knob Oddy

Just now, Knob Oddy said:

And if Canada decided yo join the Warsaw pact in 1965? Would that have been a threat to the US?

1965 during the cold war against the Soviet union. Cuba had nukes.

In 2022 the Soviet union is gone, the cold war is over, and Ukriane does not have nukes.

So no. In 2022 if Canada joined an alliance with Russia or China the US would not invade them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, el midgetron said:

I believe the video predates 2/24. 

I believe that you are right. I would even go so far as believing that the video was posted on YouTube on september 25th 2015.

How could I possibly know that I hear you ask ? I'm not going to share my magic abilities with you.  

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

As I pointed out to you earlier, the video is from before 2/24. Yet, you respond with his thesis being “dumb” and “Ukraine did nonething that justifies a Russian invasion.”. So, you apparently believe he can see into the future and include an invasion that is not yet to even happened in the thesis he presents in the video.

I know none of it really matters to the war mongers. Their entire world started on 2/24.

So the sentences you stated of

"The west is principally responsible for this mess, not Russia”

Is meaningless given the current context of Russia invading. Since this statement was made before Russia invaded. 

Got it 

4 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

1965 during the cold war against the Soviet union. Cuba had nukes.

In 2022 the Soviet union is gone, the cold war is over, and Ukriane does not have nukes.

So no. In 2022 if Canada joined an alliance with Russia or China the US would not invade them.

I picked a date when the USSR still existed for a reason.

Nato was set up to protect against the USSR. Now the USSR doesn't exist, maybe nato can be disbanded?

You are more than happy to prevent Cuba becoming a threat to the US, but far less happy with Russia doing the same thing. But to be fair, Russia/Ukraine is far more like USA/Canada in terms of comparisons.

But getting back to the video, it's amazing the way people are parroting the propaganda of the Military Industrial Complex today in this thread. Below is a screenshot of the video from 28.10 minute mark

Screenshot_20220627-044756_YouTube.thumb.jpg.3f64b1d2b989057ee03d8f12d2892759.jpg

remind you of any posters here?

6 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

And if Canada decided to join the Warsaw pact in 1965? Would that have been a threat to the US?

What you are doing here is something called "whataboutism". 

Whataboutism was used a lot by the Soviet Union. Is that the kind of playbook you want to follow Hugh Mungus Knob Oddy ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

I picked a date when the USSR still existed for a reason.

Nato was set up to protect against the USSR. Now the USSR doesn't exist, maybe nato can be disbanded?

You are more than happy to prevent Cuba becoming a threat to the US, but far less happy with Russia doing the same thing. But to be fair, Russia/Ukraine is far more like USA/Canada in terms of comparisons.

But getting back to the video, it's amazing the way people are parroting the propaganda of the Military Industrial Complex today in this thread. Below is a screenshot of the video from 28.10 minute mark

Screenshot_20220627-044756_YouTube.thumb.jpg.3f64b1d2b989057ee03d8f12d2892759.jpg

remind you of any posters here?

You're asking me a "what if" about 1965. 

My response is that it's 2022. A very different world.

Your comparison is poor because in 2022 the cold war is over, the Soviet union is dead, and Ukraine does not have nukes (like Cuba had).

Seeing how non-NATO nations keep getting invaded by Russia, I don't see NATO disbanding anything soon. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

What you are doing here is something called "whataboutism". 

Whataboutism was used a lot by the Soviet Union. Is that the kind of playbook you want to follow Hugh Mungus Knob Oddy ? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism

I really don't care if you don't want to view comparisons from history.

The video still stands on its own merits. 

Pretending you have the moral high ground will not save Ukrainians. Doubling down on the wrong solution will leave the world in a worst position 

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Seeing how non-NATO nations keep getting invaded by Russia, I don't see NATO disbanding anything soon. 

Because they tried to join Nato against what they agreed to in 1991 to gain their independence from the USSR.

It was part of the deal, Ukraine can have independence if they give up their nukes and agree to never join Nato..............

I wonder why there is conflict?

Just watch weasels video. It'll be the most informative hour of you life. You will be amazed at this man's power to predict current events and even your own talking points.

As he said in in video, noone was saying putin was agressive or irrational prior to Feb 22 2014. He had been in power almost 20 years by that point

Edited by Knob Oddy

2 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Because they tried to join Nato against what they agreed to in 1991 to gain their independence from the USSR.

It was part of the deal, Ukraine can have independence if they give up their nukes and agree to never join Nato..............

Ignoring the misinformation in your post. Taking it all at face value.

To you does that justify an invasion? An independent nation making its own decisions...

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

So the sentences you stated of

Is meaningless given the current context of Russia invading. Since this statement was made before Russia invaded. 

Got it 

That was a quote from the video. That is the “thesis presented in the video”. 

6 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

The video still stands on its own merits. 

It doesn't. 

I already explained that the thesis from that video is based in assumption that Eastern Europeans are so dumb they don't have their own opinions and they can only be used, like cattle of sorts, either by the East or the West. 

The thesis from that video ignores the fact that there are families and nations that are suffering great losses since 1918 or so, in attempt to get rid of Russian imperialism. (You wanted history. So here it is.)  

• Like 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

So to you does that justify an invasion? An independent nation making its own decisions...

Which it specifically promised not to do in order for USSR to feel comfortable enough to grant independence.

I won't give you an example because you'll play "whataboutism" but it's happened many, many times with the US removing certain leaders or otherwise intervening in independent nations actions (illegally) 

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It doesn't. 

I already explained that the thesis from that video is based in assumption that Eastern Europeans are so dumb they don't have their own opinions and they can only be used, like cattle of sorts, either by the East or the West. 

The thesis from that video ignores the fact that there are families and nations that are suffering great losses since 1918 or so, in attempt to get rid of Russian imperialism. (You wanted history. So here it is.)  

When did Putin become irrational and a threat to Europe?

Why dont you just run through the Whitehouse talking points from 2014 again?

I hope your getting paid to spread that propaganda

5 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Which it specifically promised not to do in order for USSR to feel comfortable enough to grant independence.

I won't give you an example because you'll play "whataboutism" but it's happened many, many times with the US removing certain leaders or otherwise intervening in independent nations actions (illegally) 

You avoided the question. So I will ask you again. Do you believe russia's invasion is justified.

So to you does that justify an invasion? An independent nation making its own decisions...

Edited by spartan max2

3 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

By invading nations and threatening to use Nukes all the time.

Are you dense

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, spartan max2 said:

You avoided the question. So I will ask you again.

Yes.

I believe we should have invaded Hong Kong when the Chinese went against their promise to the UK that Hong Kong citizens would always have democracy. This was the only reason the UK gave up the province after the 99 year lease.

At least Ukraine keep their end of the bargain up for longer than the Chinese.

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I believe that you are right. I would even go so far as believing that the video was posted on YouTube on september 25th 2015.

How could I possibly know that I hear you ask ? I'm not going to share my magic abilities with you.  

Apparently my magic abilities allow me to pin point the exact date the presentation was film as 06/04/15. No, I am not a wizard.

Ill give you credit for doing better than some.

2 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

By invading nations and threatening to use Nukes all the time.

Are you dense

So 2022?

4 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

So 2022?

Yes. In 2022 Putin is invading nations and threatening to use Nukes. 

That is why he is a threat to Europe.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

If Russia didn't start aggressively meddling in Ukrainian business, maybe Ukraine would stay independent. (edit to clarify: wrong choice of word, neutral, because our countries in NATO stay very much independent. Non-aligned is a better choice of word too... damn provocateur, I just went with that trollsy choice of word... grrrrr)

If Russia didn't break their obligations from Budapest Memorandum, if Russia wasn't attempting genocide in Ukraine today... 

After Feb 24th, only an idiot would trust Russia. 

More weapons for Ukraine, more sanctions for Russia, faster joining processes for Ukraine, closer relations with our sisters and brothers who are being attacked by Russia.

Together to victory, as Ukrainians would say. (While Putler only has people like you. Serve him right.)

14 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Why dont you just run through the Whitehouse talking points from 2014 again?

I hope your getting paid to spread that propaganda

When he slithered into power. 

I'm not interested in whataboutism and also, it's more than evident that Russian genocidal aggression against Ukraine cannot be lawyered into some sort of Ukrainian or Western fault. It's Putler's fault. 

Nope, I'm doing this for free. I know you can't understand, but there are things EEuropeans not only would do for free, they would literally die for them.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Yes.

Got it. So you believe Putin invasion is justified.

All those deaths are on your hands then. You should reconsider your morals when your threshold for invasion being justified is so low. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I wonder how people would comment about all of this if Russian invaded Finland instead of the Ukraine?

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 3

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked