Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Knob Oddy said:

My understanding of the Lithuania situation is that Lithuanian authorities are stopping russian vehicles traveling to Kaliningrad.

Russia sees that as picking a side

Hi Knob

Lituania is and EU country and has been since 2004 and upheld sanctions that were implimented in EU countries against Russia. If Russia attempts any action in Lithuania they will be putting themselves in an even worse position than they are currently in.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, spartan max2 said:

Edit: I also don't recognize your account. So unless you're being a sock puppet I really don't know when I would of accused you of blood on your hands before. 

You might have come across him as Hugh Mungus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

However he says that a "neutral" Ukraine would be best for not only Ukrainians but for the world. He says that the west insisting on EU and Nato membership is forcing Ukraine to take an "agressive" stance towards Russia.

So, would Ukraine's neutrality prevent an invasion? If you think so, I'll point you to the battle plans accidentally leaked by the Belarusian president, Lukashenko, in which Moldova was highlighted as a target for invasion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My understanding of the Lithuania situation is that Lithuanian authorities are stopping russian vehicles traveling to Kaliningrad.

Russia sees that as picking a side

Of course they are picking a side. They know they might be next if they don't pick a side Hugh.

Like I have said many times here (especially to you @Occult1) neutrality only works if all sides respect it. The war in Ukraine shows that Putin have no respect of neutrality.

We tried neutrality in World War 2. It didn't work, so we became a founding memeber of NATO.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

2nd most powerful military in the world by the way. :rofl:

I mean, if the guy was exceptionally rotund but damn good general, then it absolutely would make sense to reactivate him, but certainly not send him to an active war zone. 

He can't fit into armored vehicle. He can't run. He can't hide :lol:  Oh, but a platoon can hide behind him, so there... it's Putler's military genius showing...  

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I mean, if the guy was exceptionally rotund but damn good general, then it absolutely would make sense to reactivate him, but certainly not send him to an active war zone. 

He can't fit into armored vehicle. He can't run. He can't hide :lol:  Oh, but a platoon can hide behind him, so there... it's Putler's military genius showing...  

Maybe he is just wearing a lot of bullet proof vests under his jacket ? :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

The West wants to go further on Russian oil. Inflation is making that difficult

New York (CNN Business)Europe and the United States have barred the import of Russian oil to cut off a crucial revenue source for the Kremlin. But the plan to pile pain on President Vladimir Putin, forcing him to reconsider his war in Ukraine, hasn't worked. 

Russia is making just as much money from energy exports as it was before it invaded in late February. Meanwhile, inflation is surging globally, adding to political pressure on leaders such as US President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and French President Emmanuel Macron.

As leaders from top economies gather in Germany on Sunday for a G7 meeting, they'll try to reach a consensus on what to do next. Unfortunately, on oil, few good options are available.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/26/business/russia-oil-sanctions-g7/index.html

Russian Oil Flows to Europe Have Quietly Started Creeping Up

Europe’s resolve to stop buying Russian crude may be starting to ebb.

The continent’s oil refineries took 1.84 million barrels a day of crude from Russia last week, according to tanker tracking data compiled by Bloomberg. That was the the third consecutive weekly increase and took flows from Russia to Europe, including Turkey, to their highest in almost two months.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-20/russian-oil-flows-to-europe-have-quietly-started-creeping-up

• Thanks 1

Russia Nearly Doubled Its Income From Energy Sales To The EU During Wartime, Study Shows

Moscow continues to benefit from Europe's energy dependence on Russian oil despite a reduction in sales due to sanctions imposed to pressure it to end its war against Ukraine, according to experts with a Finland-based research organization.

New research by the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) released on April 28 shows that Russia has nearly doubled its revenues from sales of fossil fuels to the EU during the two months of war in Ukraine.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-energy-sales-europe-doubled-study/31825742.html

In the latest sign that Moscow appears intent on punishing Europe for sanctions and military support for Ukraine, Gazprom, the Russian state-controlled energy giant, last week cut by 60 percent the amount of gas it delivers via Nord Stream 1, a critical pipeline serving Germany and other countries. It is not clear if the throttling is a precursor to a complete cutoff.

On Thursday, Germany triggered the second stage of its three-step emergency gas plan, citing a deterioration of natural gas supplies. The final stage could include gas rationing. “Even if you don’t feel it yet: we are in a gas crisis. Gas is a scarce commodity from now on,” said Robert Habeck, the economy minister.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/23/business/europe-natural-gas-russia.html

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

In the latest sign that Moscow appears intent on punishing Europe for sanctions and military support for Ukraine, Gazprom, the Russian state-controlled energy giant, last week cut by 60 percent the amount of gas it delivers via Nord Stream 1, a critical pipeline serving Germany and other countries. It is not clear if the throttling is a precursor to a complete cutoff.

On Thursday, Germany triggered the second stage of its three-step emergency gas plan, citing a deterioration of natural gas supplies. The final stage could include gas rationing. “Even if you don’t feel it yet: we are in a gas crisis. Gas is a scarce commodity from now on,” said Robert Habeck, the economy minister.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/23/business/europe-natural-gas-russia.html

The Spin Doctors Two Princes "Just Go Ahead Now" GIF - Spindoctors  Twoprinces Rock - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

@el midgetron You're trying too hard to post like Occult.

huh, I thought we were the same Russian robot? 

So are these “new recruits” the 18-60 year old men who were prevented from leaving Ukraine? What happened to the men of Ukraine?

29 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

huh, I thought we were the same Russian robot? 

So are these “new recruits” the 18-60 year old men who were prevented from leaving Ukraine? What happened to the men of Ukraine?

Ukraine declared a state of emergency when they were invaded and declared martial law as I understand it. What is your point?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Ukraine declared a state of emergency when they were invaded and declared martial law as I understand it. What is your point?

Hi Silver

Seems like he thinks it is okay to be a citizen of a country when fair winds blow and when things get tough cry and run.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Putin apologist would like us to make the stretch assumption that this means Ukriane does not actually want to fight Russia.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Silver

Seems like he thinks it is okay to be a citizen of a country when fair winds blow and when things get tough cry and run.

Like Syrians?

2 hours ago, el midgetron said:

The West wants to go further on Russian oil. Inflation is making that difficult

New York (CNN Business)Europe and the United States have barred the import of Russian oil to cut off a crucial revenue source for the Kremlin. But the plan to pile pain on President Vladimir Putin, forcing him to reconsider his war in Ukraine, hasn't worked. 

Russia is making just as much money from energy exports as it was before it invaded in late February. Meanwhile, inflation is surging globally, adding to political pressure on leaders such as US President Joe Biden, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson and French President Emmanuel Macron.

As leaders from top economies gather in Germany on Sunday for a G7 meeting, they'll try to reach a consensus on what to do next. Unfortunately, on oil, few good options are available.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/26/business/russia-oil-sanctions-g7/index.html

This is slightly wrong, they are actually making more money on oil exports than before the conflict.

I dont get why they sanctioned oil to be honest. Russia exports oil to us, we need oil, what will happen if we sanction it? Really, I mean what dimwit didn`t think that one through? Let me guess, Biden.

The sanctions are a strategic blunder which was quite easy to predict. Why hasn`t NATO taken over free Ukraine yet? What prat is making the decisions at the top of the NATO side? Let me guess, Biden lol.

Remember Obama warning everyone Biden is incompetent at foreign affair decisions?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Knob Oddy said:

Like Syrians?

Hi Knob

No like people that are living in a safe zone as members here that do not seem to understand that citizens have an obligation to the country they live in. They are willing to take the sugar and none of the salt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

This is slightly wrong, they are actually making more money on oil exports than before the conflict.

I dont get why they sanctioned oil to be honest. Russia exports oil to us, we need oil, what will happen if we sanction it? Really, I mean what dimwit didn`t think that one through? Let me guess, Biden.

The sanctions are a strategic blunder which was quite easy to predict. Why hasn`t NATO taken over free Ukraine yet? What prat is making the decisions at the top of the NATO side? Let me guess, Biden lol.

Remember Obama warning everyone Biden is incompetent at foreign affair decisions?

Yeah, I’m sure after this response you saw the article I posted stating their energy revenue has doubled, It’s not a big deal. The “success” and impending “victory” of the sanction and by extension the entire conflict in Ukraine can be waved away with memes and personal attacks. 

The reality is that countries that suffer from fuel shortages and inflation lose the will and ability to wage war. 

4 hours ago, el midgetron said:

Russia Nearly Doubled Its Income From Energy Sales To The EU During Wartime, Study Shows

Moscow continues to benefit from Europe's energy dependence on Russian oil despite a reduction in sales due to sanctions imposed to pressure it to end its war against Ukraine, according to experts with a Finland-based research organization.

New research by the Center for Research on Energy and Clean Air (CREA) released on April 28 shows that Russia has nearly doubled its revenues from sales of fossil fuels to the EU during the two months of war in Ukraine.

https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-energy-sales-europe-doubled-study/31825742.html

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Knob

No like people that are living in a safe zone as members here that do not seem to understand that citizens have an obligation to the country they live in. They are willing to take the sugar and none of the salt

Yeah, just like if you were a man in 1930’s Germany you would have stepped up and honored your “obligation” to Hitler. Heck, if you had maybe Ukraine would be naming a bunch of streets after you? 

Not every country is worth fighting for. You can keep you blind nationalism.  

Edited by el midgetron

On 2/13/2022 at 5:44 PM, Cookie Monster said:

NATO and Russia have never had good relations. Russia is outraged at 3 things:

1. NATO creeping to its border - It doesnt want NATO allies next door to it. 

2. ABM silos - NATO builds anti-ballistic missile silos in member countries and has been building them in its recent Eastern European acquisitions. ABM missiles are used to knock-out ICBMs before they reach orbit. With them building built in Eastern Europe, and probably Ukraine too if it becomes a member, it effectively means most Russian ICBMs would be knocked out in a nuclear conflict.

3. Hypersonic Missiles - While Russia and China are a couple of years ahead of the USA, the thing is should NATO deploy hypersonic missiles in Eastern Europe they could hid Moscow in under 6 minutes. It opens up a first strike strategy from NATO and by the time Russia realises its under attack its already crippled.

So Russia has returned to its Pre-WW2 tactic and creating as much difference between it as its future opponents as possible.

Since Peter the Great Russia has been trying to get a warm water port on the Black Sea.  The only one available is Sevastopol in Crimea.  We have heard this song-and-dance before.

Doug

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

:lol:  Congratulations, putlerians. What a model soldier you've got there. 

(It's just too funny to be true, but one can hope it is true :lol: After all, that's Ruzzia... it might as well be true.)

Source: Daily Star. It doesn't want to be linked.

An obese Russian retired general has been sent to fight on the frontlines in Eastern Ukraine because Vladimir Putin is running out of senior officers.

The 20 stone general, 67, is now said to be in charge of Russian special forces operating in the region after the unit’s former commander was seriously injured in an artillery strike.

A senior intelligence source last night told the Daily Star Sunday: “Putin is now scraping the barrel.

“Most of his best and battle-hardened senior commanders have been killed or injured fighting in Ukraine so he is resorting to sending second rate officers to the front who don’t last very long.

He is understood to require five meals a day washed down with at least a litre of vodka.

Photo taken from elsewhere: 

Putin u rat poslao pretilog generala (67)? "Ruča 5 puta dnevno i strusi litru votke"

Perhaps this is true, perhaps not, This general is identified as “General Pavel” with a short bio that he served in both Afghanistan and Syria. I am not able to find such a person. There is a General Pavel Popov who does looks similar (a bit slimmer) but lacks all of the foreign military experience and “Pavel” is his first name not last. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pavel_Popov

Anyway, a little more confirmation of ALL information is the way to go, From what I can tell this story originated in the DailyStar. The same outlet that was happy to publish Ukrainian propaganda stories like the “Ghost of Kyiv”. 

https://www.**************/news/world-news/feared-ukrainian-air-ace-the-26448808

(huh apparently UM blocks links to the DailyStar?)

As the conflict in Ukraine drags on, the country’s communications strategy has become slicker and more professional, say academics studying information warfare. Ukraine has also shifted its strategy away from amplifying exaggerated myths to focusing on the courage of ordinary people who are committing small, achievable acts of bravery in the face of the Russian invasion.

Like any country at war, Ukraine has been working to shape the information its people see. The military is not allowed to disclose casualty numbers, photos of deceased Ukrainian soldiers are rare, and pictures of Zelensky dressed as superman have been shared by officials. Fedorov describes the campaign as something of a morale boost. “We wanted [Ukrainians] to know their efforts are not going unnoticed, so they continue resisting,” he says.

But there’s a fine line between messaging that can boost morale at home and propaganda that can damage a country’s reputation abroad. The meeting between Banda executives and the digital ministry took place as Ukraine was facing scrutiny for communication missteps early in the conflict. 

https://www.wired.com/story/ukraine-propaganda-war/

Edited by el midgetron

59 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Yeah, just like if you were a man in 1930’s Germany you would have stepped up and honored your “obligation” to Hitler. Heck, if you had maybe Ukraine would be naming a bunch of streets after you? 

Not every country is worth fighting for. You can keep you blind nationalism.  

Hi Midge

The Ukraine is not an invading force there is a big difference in Germany wanting to conquer Europe and the Ukrainian defence against an invading country.

The Ukrainian people do not have nor support a nazi government that is your fixation.

• Like 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked