Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

25 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Midge

The Ukraine is not an invading force there is a big difference in Germany wanting to conquer Europe and the Ukrainian defence against an invading country.

The Ukrainian people do not have nor support a nazi government that is your fixation.

What part of your statement “members here that do not seem to understand that citizens have an obligation to the country they live in” provides a caveat for the Germans who resisted Hitler?

So it seems there was yesterday a late night emergency in Moscow, reasons are not clear but rumours points to the new and in use rocket launchers given to Ukraine, that are currently out of reach of Russian artillery, as it seems a russian base deep within occupied territory was destroyed.

• Like 1

G-7 to back Ukraine ‘as long as it takes’; Zelensky seeks antiaircraft systems

TELFS, Austria — Leaders from the Group of Seven, the world’s wealthiest democracies, pledged to “stand with Ukraine for as long as it takes” — after Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky asked the group for more heavy weapons to force a Russian retreat before winter.

Source: Latest Russia-Ukraine war news: Live updates - The Washington Post

Putin must be furious, especially in light of this comment, at the end of the article:

NATO will kick-start the “biggest overhaul” of its defense and deterrence capabilities since the Cold War in response to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg said Monday. The alliance is set to ramp up its ability to respond to a crisis, including by increasing the size of its high-readiness forces from around 40,000 “to well over 300,000,” Stoltenberg said ahead of a NATO summit in Madrid.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, godnodog said:

So it seems there was yesterday a late night emergency in Moscow, reasons are not clear but rumours points to the new and in use rocket launchers given to Ukraine, that are currently out of reach of Russian artillery, as it seems a russian base deep within occupied territory was destroyed.

On the topic of launchers, apparently the US is poised to give Ukraine some long-range surface-to-air missile systems:

US to announce purchase of medium- to long-range surface-to-air missile defense system for Ukraine

(CNN)The US plans to announce as soon as this week that it has purchased an advanced, medium-to-long range surface-to-air missile defense system for Ukraine, a source familiar with the announcement tells CNN.

President Joe Biden, who is currently meeting with G7 leaders in Germany for a summit primarily focused on Ukraine, announced recently that the US would provide Ukraine with "more advanced rocket systems and munitions" as its war with Russia grinds on. Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky is slated to virtually address Biden and other G7 leaders on Monday.

Source: US to announce purchase of medium- to long-range surface-to-air missile defense system for Ukraine - CNNPolitics

This may stir up some increased tensions between Moscow and Kiev, because Putin could see that as an attempt to reach deeper into Russian territory.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, el midgetron said:

What part of your statement “members here that do not seem to understand that citizens have an obligation to the country they live in” provides a caveat for the Germans who resisted Hitler?

Most people naturally assume that caveat.

If you're trying to compare  defending Ukraine to fighting for Hitler, than idk what to tell you. 

Almost all nations on earth (possibly all but I'm too lazy to look it up) have a draft.

If you are trying to imply that most Ukrianians do not want to fight than you need to supply actual evidence for that claim.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, el midgetron said:

USA draft rules and exemptions:

https://www.usa.gov/selective-service

"

The Draft

A draft is the mandatory enrollment of individuals into the armed forces. The United States military has been all-volunteer since 1973. But an act of Congress could still reinstate the draft in case of a national emergency. The Selective Service System is the agency that registers men and is responsible for running a draft.

Important part: But an act of Congress could still reinstate the draft in case of national emergency.

So, Ukraine is not doing anything different than what any other country would do in case of national emergency, including USA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I've just noticed that Occult hasn't been around. Did @Helen of Annoy scare him off? 

Nah, it wasn't me. Because we're all adults here, right? Aware that everything we ever say, even in an illusion of anonymity, might have consequences. I didn't say anything he wasn't aware of. :D 

A rant to go with that, you absolutely do not have to read it, it's not your fault :D that I feel like ranting for a while:  

For example, I won't be surprised at all if some pro-Russian cracks my skull in a "traffic accident". Only it doesn't scare me. It does make me extremely angry, but doesn't scare me. What does scare me is the possibility that they will take over. Some politicians in my part of the world outed themselves as pro-Russians (with the same disgustingly cheap "disclaimer" that they're just being impartial or some such crap) and though their chances look slim, they are not to be ignored, because our local situation is complex and might escalate overnight, in a number of really ugly ways. 

It's just a trolling game for the majority of putlerian Internet brigade, or a chance to satisfy own perversion for a portion of them, while for me, that is the future of Eastern Europe at stake, complete with our history that will be erased if we lose this war.

This war is clear for me, either I'll be physically erased and my heritage with me, either I won't. 

And then putlerians come with their spins and whataboutism, in bizarrely irrational belief they can make me forget who I am, forget both my history and my own experiences and surrender my future into hands of the same demons who were shelling the hospital near which I lived, in particular. 30 years ago, still rings in my head.  

They've got no idea what they're doing, so god will forgive them, but I won't. 

Rant over :D 

• Haha 2

Did you see it people, I was right, it looks like Belarus is going to invade Ukraine and Russia is going to take Lithuania.

On top of the 40,000 quick reaction forces already moved to Eastern Europe, NATO is now sending another 260,000: NATO to dramatically increase forces on high alert to over 300,000 from 40,000 amid Russia threat | World News | Sky News

Ah, this is a sign that putinists should start going to bed early, so they feel they had enough of sleep by 3 AM. 

• Like 2

Two Ruzzian ammo depots destroyed in one day. Possibly even three. 

• Like 2

Putler's Ruzzia is a terrorist state. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3516469-first-data-on-kremenchuk-mall-casualties-two-dead-20-injured-in-russian-missile-strike.html

As a result of a Russian missile attack on a Kremenchuk mall, at least two were killed and 20 more were injured.

"At the moment we know of 20 injured, nine of them in serious condition. It has already been confirmed that two people were killed," ...

"This is not a military facility, it has no strategic value. An ordinary shopping mall, where people came to shop, ...

In turn, the Head of the President’s Office, Andriy Yermak, stressed that Russia should be recognized as a sponsor of terrorism, while Ukraine needs more weapons and air defense systems to protect its people.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Did you see it people, I was right, it looks like Belarus is going to invade Ukraine and Russia is going to take Lithuania.

On top of the 40,000 quick reaction forces already moved to Eastern Europe, NATO is now sending another 260,000: NATO to dramatically increase forces on high alert to over 300,000 from 40,000 amid Russia threat | World News | Sky News

Russia won't attack Lithuania with NATO troops there.

Ukraines mistake was not having NATO troops 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Russia won't attack Lithuania with NATO troops there.

Ukraines mistake was not having NATO troops 

You think like that because you've got realistic view of things and you can use logic. You wouldn't do it, I wouldn't. 

But that's not how Putler thinks. Logic and realistic assessment are not in use in Russia anymore. Invading Ukraine was completely stupid and illogical idea too. 

Putler believes, based on what he wants to be true, that he can defeat NATO. 

(I'm not saying it will be Baltic, but he will attack.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You think like that because you've got realistic view of things and you can use logic. You wouldn't do it, I wouldn't. 

But that's not how Putler thinks. Logic and realistic assessment are not in use in Russia anymore. Invading Ukraine was completely stupid and illogical idea too. 

Putler believes, based on what he wants to be true, that he can defeat NATO. 

(I'm not saying it will be Baltic, but he will attack.)

Idk. I haven't really been buying the whole Putin is an irrational madman narrative. I didn't see that narrative start until after he invaded Ukraine. And I feel like Putin's people want to West to see him as some irrational madman who could push the nuclear button at any minute, to try and scare us off of standing up to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Idk. I haven't really been buying the whole Putin is an irrational madman narrative. I didn't see that narrative start until after he invaded Ukraine. And I feel like Putin's people want to West to see him as some irrational madman who could push the nuclear button at any minute, to try and scare us off of standing up to him.

You didn't see that narrative because he didn't do something that monumentally irrational before. 

Invading Ukraine because you think your forces will be met with flowers, that damn (elected) government will flee and your pet puppet (kicked out of country) will return to rule forever. That's definitely not rational. 

But he's rational in the sense of appearing rational. He's not delivering word salads or eating worms, but his strategical decisions are very obviously based in irrational beliefs. 

He's clearly very much in love with himself (cosmetic surgeries, hilariously pompous protocol, comparing himself to Peter the Great), so he won't push the button just like that, because he wants to live. More than you or me. We can accept the idea of our own mortality, he can't. 

He will attack a NATO country because the contemporary Russian extreme myth, in which he has to believe in order to satisfy own gnawing feeling of inadequacy, includes the assumption that Russian are superior genetically (I mean of course they are, just look at him or his generals :lol: ) and therefore immune to the corruption (human rights) that has destroyed western population. Not to write a whole essay, he is irrational in the sense that he has to believe so he does believe that the West will blink first. 

What exactly happens next, after the West doesn't blink and punches him right back? I don't know. But we'll find out :w00t:

(This does not imply he should be appeased because we don't know how he will react to being not appeased, it implies as I said many times before that he must be punched back to prevent him from continuing to believe that his plan, which consists of belief in western weakness, is working.)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

You didn't see that narrative because he didn't do something that monumentally irrational before. 

Invading Ukraine because you think your forces will be met with flowers, that damn (elected) government will flee and your pet puppet (kicked out of country) will return to rule forever. That's definitely not rational. 

But he's rational in the sense of appearing rational. He's not delivering word salads or eating worms, but his strategical decisions are very obviously based in irrational beliefs. 

He's clearly very much in love with himself (cosmetic surgeries, hilariously pompous protocol, comparing himself to Peter the Great), so he won't push the button just like that, because he wants to live. More than you or me. We can accept the idea of our own mortality, he can't. 

He will attack a NATO country because the contemporary Russian extreme myth, in which he has to believe in order to satisfy own gnawing feeling of inadequacy, includes the assumption that Russian are superior genetically (I mean of course they are, just look at him or his generals :lol: ) and therefore immune to the corruption (human rights) that has destroyed western population. Not to write a whole essay, he is irrational in the sense that he has to believe so he does believe that the West will blink first. 

What exactly happens next, after the West doesn't blink and punches him right back? I don't know. But we'll find out :w00t:

(This does not imply he should be appeased because we don't know how he will react to being not appeased, it implies as I said many times before that he must be punched back to prevent him from continuing to believe that his plan, which consists of belief in western weakness, is working.)

To be honest I'm unsure with the political resolve amongst the West if Putler hit a NATO country to retaliate. Even Bozo the Prick is still thinking of reducing the British Army regulars further. They're spending alot of money on future projects which is great but UK forces needs stuff now. There's still gaps in the capabilities.

EU seems to still want to try a diplomatic approach to Putler, which I get trying to descalate, but its not working. More and more troops, jets missile systems need to be sent to the area. More than they're sending. Cause I do think Putler will test NATOs resolve by making s few missile strikes on Lithuania and if we don't retaliate then what?

I hope I'm wrong but since the Iraq and Afghanistan war people have had enough of war and I get it. But this is literally like what the Nazis did. Claim their people were persecuted bla bla  la and invaded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

I never thought of Putin as irrational, in fact I thought of him as a great mastermind which he was years ago and we all feel his moves today. But something has changed in his mind. Guess things did not go according to plan, first the one plan closer to us which I will not explain on this thread, and then the plan to take Ukraine in a few days without the worlds opposition. Both plans have failed or in process to fail. Now his rational thinking made way to irrational way of thinking and I tend to believe he will attack Lithuanua and/ or the other baltic states. 

Since way before the agression on Ukraine Helen and myself repeated many times that his intentions are to bring back all the former states of USSR under the russian umbrella plus balkans (Serbia, Bosnia, Macedonia, Montenegro and at least the croatian part of Dubrovnik down to the Montenegro border) to have access to the mediterian and splitting up south-europe in two.

This was Stalins dream and Putin is trying to fullfill it. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

To be honest I'm unsure with the political resolve amongst the West if Putler hit a NATO country to retaliate. Even Bozo the Prick is still thinking of reducing the British Army regulars further. They're spending alot of money on future projects which is great but UK forces needs stuff now. There's still gaps in the capabilities.

EU seems to still want to try a diplomatic approach to Putler, which I get trying to descalate, but its not working. More and more troops, jets missile systems need to be sent to the area. More than they're sending. Cause I do think Putler will test NATOs resolve by making s few missile strikes on Lithuania and if we don't retaliate then what?

I hope I'm wrong but since the Iraq and Afghanistan war people have had enough of war and I get it. But this is literally like what the Nazis did. Claim their people were persecuted bla bla  la and invaded.

It's possible to be tired of someone else's war, but this one is not someone else's. It's not necessary to wait and see if Putin is about to attack the West, because he already did in all ways except the classic shelling. Even the trolls are a part of an actual information war which is a legit segment of any "real" contemporary war. Anti-vaxers are heavily Russian-supported, if not even Russian-created, literal biological weapons, only slightly more modern version than throwing a diseased body in your water supply. Etc.

We are at war. It just takes some time for that fact to sink in.

Because it is so hard to believe there's this *******, sawing the branch he's sitting on, just to prove it to you that he can control you. Well, Vlad, it wasn't nice knowing you, saw that branch harder. (In his mind, the West is so meek and stupid due to that meekness, it will avoid hurting him, no matter what he does.)

So there are good news (when put in context): NATO put 300,000 men at high alert, Olaf Scholz said that there can be no return to the relations with Russia as they were before Russian aggression on Ukraine, US will supply advanced anti-aircraft defense systems to Ukraine. That's just today. Stuff happens daily and actually has rather organized shape which is moving in the right direction. 

Unlike Ruzzia. I've seen interpretations of the situation on the front lines that sound favourable to Russia. Sure, it makes sense to encourage Russia to keep on wasting men and mechanization. While the arriving western weapons are making strikes deep into enemy territory possible. 

Russian ammo depots being blown up at increasing rate is what will help turn the tide of the war. It's not in battle one-on-one that orcs will be tossed out, they'll start ****ing off once their supplies are ****ed up. 

Ooopsy, sorry, my self-censoring chip overheated again :D 

To cut myself short, I believe NATO will strike back if Russia attacks a NATO country. Because there's clear political gain and therefore political will to do so. European (I include you in that term, there's EU2 in the works anyway) armies are sadly near disarmed, it takes time to re-arm them, so we'll have to listen to the Americans for another 70 years how they swooped in and saved our asses. And it will be true.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
grammar, grandma
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It's possible to be tired of someone else's war, but this one is not someone else's. It's not necessary to wait and see if Putin is about to attack the West, because he already did in all ways except the classic shelling. Even the trolls are a part of an actual information war which is a legit segment of any "real" contemporary war. Anti-vaxers are heavily Russian-supported, if not even Russian-created, literal biological weapons, only slightly more modern version than throwing a diseased body in your water supply. Etc.

Because it is so hard to believe there's this *******, sawing the branch he's sitting on, just to prove it to you that he can control you. Well, Vlad, it wasn't nice knowing you, saw that branch harder. (In his mind, the West is so meek and stupid due to that meekness, it will avoid hurting him, no matter what he does.)

So there are good news (when put in context): NATO put 300,000 men at high alert, Olaf Scholz said that there can be no return to the relations with Russia as they were before Russian aggression on Ukraine, US will supply advanced anti-aircraft defense systems to Ukraine. That's just today. Stuff happens daily and actually has rather organized shape which is moving in the right direction. 

Unlike Ruzzia. I've seen interpretations of the situation on the front lines that sound favourable to Russia. Sure, it makes sense to encourage Russia to keep on wasting men and mechanization. While the arriving western weapons are making strikes deep into enemy territory possible. 

Russian ammo depots being blown up at increasing rate is what will help turn the tide of the war. It's not in battle one-on-one that orcs will be tossed out, they'll start ****ing off once their supplies are ****ed up. 

To cut myself short, I believe NATO will strike back if Russia attacks a NATO country. Because there's clear political gain and therefore political will to do so. European (I include you in that term, there's EU2 in the works anyway) armies are sadly near disarmed, it takes time to re-arm them, so we'll have to listen to the Americans for another 70 years how they swooped in and saved our asses. And it will be true.  

I think we're at war aswell, personally I think it started a while ago just at an economic and cyber warfare level. Putler invading Ukraine is a game changed, hes holding those who rely on Ukraine food imports to ransom, turning the taps off against Europe (Europe should've acted faster) and well NATO weaponry is vaporising his orcish army. Ukraine need ALOT more weapons. 

Regards to European militaries, its frustrating. But I think if they were serious enough bout it they could start mass producing weapons again and they should. Some of it to go to Ukraine the rest for NATO troops incase the proverbial hits the fan, which it may do!

The bolded part? I'll always see myself as European. :tu:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

The thought of WW3 fills me with a certain kind of morbid curiosity.

I just hope God has me on the survivor list, a non-irradiated survivor. I dont want to be no ghoul (see Fallout 3).

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked