Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

13 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

It is BS, length of flash has absolutely nothing to do with determining where a nuclear weapon is fired from. 

A nuclear weapon's place of origin can be determined but it's not from the flash.  All uranium cam be determined where it was mined from by trace isotopes and specific ratios of the isotopes.  Same thing for plutonium but that is generally produced but will have the same unique isotopes and ratios of isotopes from the reactor it was made at.  There is also the enriching process which further identifies what country did the enriching.

As for yield, there are multiple ways to determine yield but none of them are based on length of flash which is just complete and utter nonsense.  The flash of a nuclear weapon last an insanely short period of time, had to look it up but approximately three hundred millionith of a second, not the 10 seconds to a minute that was mentioned.  The nuclear detonation will stay bright for awhile after but that isnt flash.  It can be determined though if a fission warhead or fission warhead has been detonated as a fission warhead will have a single flash while a fusion warhead will have two but the two flashes are extremely close in time and cant be determined by a human.

It is ineed BS what Cookie Monster wrote (As usual). The reaction in a nuclear weapons happens extremely quickly. The reason for this is pretty simple when you think about it. It's in the process of blowin itself up ! All the nuclear reations have to happen before the explosion destoys the bomb. This happens in microseconds. After that the bomb have vapourized itself, thus ending the conditions in which fusion any fission can occur. The blast wave from a nuke is actually made by x-rays from the nuclear reaction warming up the atmosphere around it.

Looks like he is once again playing the expert without knowing what he is writing about. Go ahead @Cookie Monsterand post the laughing emoji that you allways use when you have been proven wrong. You know you want to.

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

20 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

It is ineed BS what Cookie Monster wrote (As usual). The reaction in a nuclear weapons happens extremely quickly. The reason for this is pretty simple when you think about it. It's in the process of blowin itself up ! All the nuclear reations have to happen before the explosion destoys the bomb. This happens in microseconds. After that the bomb have vapourized itself, thus ending the conditions in which fusion any fission can occur. The blast wave from a nuke is actually made by x-rays from the nuclear reaction warming up the atmosphere around it.

Looks like he is once again playing the expert without knowing what he is writing about. Go ahead @Cookie Monsterand post the laughing emoji that you allways use when you have been proven wrong. You know you want to.

I was pretty confident that it was BS. I couldn't, for the life of me, understand how the length of a flash would have any relation to the "yield" (i.e. the energy released), but I figured that people with much more knowledge on the subject matter than myself would be able to refute the claim much better than I could have. As for the claim of "determining origin", that was bunk - I knew that from the get-go. You also wouldn't even need to attempt to analyze the length of the flash to determine the origin (not that it would matter, anyway), as the most likely origin would be Russia, given its rhetoric.

Why @Cookie Monster feels the need to pretend to be an expert on topics that he has very little knowledge on, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure he's a narcissist, at this point.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel

2 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I know you desperately want that to be true, but that's not the case. The United States has already invested billions into Ukraine, and is going to be investing even more such money. The G7 pledged recently (along with the US) to continue to provide aid to Ukraine as long as it's required, no matter what.

Also, you suck at being the next Occult. It's not your thing, man.

I honestly don't even care if the white house "cares".

Over 60%- 70% of the US wants us to continue to provide weapons and aide to Ukraine. So I expect them to do it.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

My survival plan is find non-irradiated shelter with a non-irradiated field next to it. Find a weapon for self-defence. Capture workers for my new field, and crown myself their King. The workers will be selected for their female beauty, or male submissiveness and weakness. Come on, you know how it goes, you have played Fallout too lol.

In short...you have no plan ahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

• Like 4

1 hour ago, godnodog said:

In short...you have no plan ahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Of course he doesn't. The moment he heard that a nuke was heading for his area, he would sh!t his pants and drop limp. He thinks living in a post-apocalyptic wasteland would resemble a Fallout game.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

I honestly don't even care if the white house "cares".

Over 60%- 70% of the US wants us to continue to provide weapons and aide to Ukraine. So I expect them to do it.

Which reminds me that I've heard several people from Ukraine by now, who express their gratitude to Americans, all Americans who support them. Party affiliation doesn't matter. 

Дякую, спартан 

Thank you, spartan. 

• Like 3

There's 5 more dead found in Kremenchug mall burnt ruins since this video was made, it's 18 now, but the final count will be much higher. 

There was a child among 8 people killed by Russian artillery attack in Lysychansk. They were gathered around water tanker and orcs used that opportunity to kill them. 

Ruzzia is a terrorist state. They're deliberately targeting Ukrainian civilians. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

There's 5 more dead found in Kremenchug mall burnt ruins since this video was made, it's 18 now, but the final count will be much higher. 

There was a child among 8 people killed by Russian artillery attack in Lysychansk. They were gathered around water tanker and orcs used that opportunity to kill them. 

Ruzzia is a terrorist state. They're deliberately targeting Ukrainian civilians. 

At this point, I'm in favour of NATO stepping in.

Enough is enough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

At this point, I'm in favour of NATO stepping in.

Enough is enough.

Wow that's actually surprising. You were against it when this crap started, which I understand. But nope we let Putler get what he wants then it's Nazi germany all over again. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

It is BS, length of flash has absolutely nothing to do with determining where a nuclear weapon is fired from. 

A nuclear weapon's place of origin can be determined but it's not from the flash.  All uranium cam be determined where it was mined from by trace isotopes and specific ratios of the isotopes.  Same thing for plutonium but that is generally produced but will have the same unique isotopes and ratios of isotopes from the reactor it was made at.  There is also the enriching process which further identifies what country did the enriching.

As for yield, there are multiple ways to determine yield but none of them are based on length of flash which is just complete and utter nonsense.  The flash of a nuclear weapon last an insanely short period of time, had to look it up but approximately three hundred millionith of a second, not the 10 seconds to a minute that was mentioned.  The nuclear detonation will stay bright for awhile after but that isnt flash.  It can be determined though if a fission warhead or fission warhead has been detonated as a fission warhead will have a single flash while a fusion warhead will have two but the two flashes are extremely close in time and cant be determined by a human.

I quote from here: The Devastating Effects of Nuclear Weapons | The MIT Press Reader

`The thermal flash lasts many seconds and accounts for more than one-third of the weapons explosive energy`

I quote from the following chart which shows the illumination times up to 980kt: https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/2015/06/17/tactical-nuclear-ambiguity-part-ii-mushroom-clouds-flashes-and-bangs/#:~:text=The flash times of small,are 2 seconds or less.

1853017291_ThermalPulse.jpg.3d1a6240ea7fbb97a02b84ca0b4656ee.jpg

So we can see that you are wrong about the flash lasting millionths of a second. For a warhead of just 1 megaton then the flash is going to last just over 20 seconds.

Edited by Cookie Monster

5 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

And boris wants to cut tbe Army regular by 10,000. Should be atleast 20k higher.

I would say no, keep out of WW3.

And I would say no about 20,000 extra troops. Lets instead get 50,000 drones if we have to go to war, and drone swarm the Russians.

Edited by Cookie Monster

19 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I quote from here: The Devastating Effects of Nuclear Weapons | The MIT Press Reader

`The thermal flash lasts many seconds and accounts for more than one-third of the weapons explosive energy`

I quote from the following chart which shows the illumination times up to 980kt: https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/2015/06/17/tactical-nuclear-ambiguity-part-ii-mushroom-clouds-flashes-and-bangs/#:~:text=The flash times of small,are 2 seconds or less.

1853017291_ThermalPulse.jpg.3d1a6240ea7fbb97a02b84ca0b4656ee.jpg

So we can see that you are wrong about the flash lasting millionths of a second. For a warhead of just 1 megaton then the flash is going to last just over 20 seconds.

Flash, thermal flash, and illumination are all drastically different things, you cant just use terms interchangeably.  The fact that you think you can just use these terms interchangeably shows just how little you know on the subject.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Flash, thermal flash, and illumination are all drastically different things, you cant just use terms interchangeably.  The fact that you think you can just use these terms interchangeably shows just how little you know on the subject.

You`re just typing random BS now because I gave you the evidence that you were wrong, and you cannot take being wrong.

Edited by Cookie Monster
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Wow that's actually surprising. You were against it when this crap started, which I understand. But nope we let Putler get what he wants then it's Nazi germany all over again. 

Anybody who is under the impression that he is going to stop at Ukraine is in error. He has expressed interest in the disputing legitimacy surrounding sovereignty of Lithuania (and has had a bill drafted for such), and has troops stationed in Transnistria, Moldova (also known as Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR)). Like DPR/LPR (Donetsk/Luhansk People's Republic), he would likely attempt to formally recognize the PMR as an independent state, and use that, again, as an alibi, but instead of moving into Ukraine it would be to move into Moldovan territory and annex it, much like he is attempting in the Donbas.

I hope we do not repeat past mistakes.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

@Cookie Monster, let the grownups speak. Go play in... err... religion section or something. 

Not related to Cookie, 

my favourite part is from around 01:07.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Anybody who is under the impression that he is going to stop at Ukraine is in error. He has expressed interest in the disputing legitimacy surrounding sovereignty of Lithuania (and has had a bill drafted for such), and has troops stationed in Transnistria, Moldova (also known as Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic (PMR)). Like DPR/LPR (Donetsk/Luhansk People's Republic), he would likely attempt to formally recognize the PMR as an independent state, and use that, again, as an alibi, but instead of moving into Ukraine it would be to move into Moldovan territory and annex it, much like he is attempting in the Donbas.

I hope we do not repeat past mistakes.

Everyone makes mistakes all the time. Stupid people repeat them, smart learn from them. 

I was very mistaken, very obviously, when I thought Putin won't invade because that would be abominably stupid, that would destroy Russian business and geopolitical (undeservedly good) position, also his personal position etc. Yet he did it. I underestimated his urge to believe in own superiority. I also didn't think he detests own people that much. *shrugs* Now I know he doesn't do logic or realistic assessments. He also looks bloated like a frog, so I hope he croaks soon. (It won't necessarily change things much, but it could.)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Thank you for sharing this. 

And then orcs wonder why they're called orcs. Filthy, soulless orcs.  

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I also didn't think he detests own people that much.

It seems a common attitude among "strong" leaders; total disdain for the citizens they govern.   They stay in power because cynical realists support him to  gain their own power, and the emotionally dependent believe he cares about them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Thanks for sharing that.   Good stuff.  Well not good in the sense as it was good it happened, just good video of the evil being done. 

Back a few pages, people were talking about how much trouble Russia was having with their missiles.   Could this had been an errant target?

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

It seems a common attitude among "strong" leaders; total disdain for the citizens they govern.   They stay in power because cynical realists support him to  gain their own power, and the emotionally dependent believe he cares about them.

That explains Putin's supporters outside Russia too. 

Rant incoming, not your fault :D : 

Which is one of the reasons why it would be perfect if he'd decide to attack a NATO country. Forgive me for showing my psychopath side (benevolent psycho, I promise! and I'm very compassionate until psycho takes over), but besides the fact that it would be ideal for Ukraine that the second front is opened, to relieve them a little, it would also make serious measures against enemy propaganda and collaborators, especially among politicians, possible. Before it's too late.

Ukraine suffers serious damage due to pro-Russian collaborators, most of them were not a surprise. Ukraine tolerated traitors in the name of democracy and free speech. They thanked their country for tolerance with betraying not only military information, but their own neighbours too. (For example, orcs abduct children of Ukrainian soldiers, based on information they received from collaborators.)

Putin's ideology is a patchwork of seeming contradictions (adoration of Nazism and Stalinism at the same time, though they are the opposite sides of the same turd, blindly selfish, shortsighted greed and at the same time the myth of collective national consciousness and eternal Russia), but it can be summed up as sadistic and primitive. Which attracts such individuals. It makes them extra dangerous. These are not the types that will give you the same freedom you're guaranteeing to them. They will poison your well, both figuratively and literally.  

But I'm worried that Putin is not that stupid to actually attack NATO. He'll try dragging the existing war on, until the point he religiously believes in, the point at which both Ukraine and NATO surrender to his greatness. It's like he's not Slavic at all and has no idea what it means to really make Slavic people angry. (Possibly that's because *****i aren't Slavic after all. They stole the name like they steal everything else, from toilets to live cats. - An orc really did steal a cat in Ukraine and abandoned it in Belarus. By a chain of outright miracles, the cat was returned to his human family.) 

Ukraine is masterfully using the weapons that finally started arriving. In too modest quantities. Ukraine needs more weapons. They're blowing up enemy depots and commands, as someone sane who's fighting a war would do. While the orcs are targeting water tankers for civilians and shopping malls. Orcs' priority is genocide.  

Grinch, American volunteer in Ukraine, said in the video in one of my posts above - this is black and white, right versus wrong. 

It is. 

I'm honored with the chance to witness it, and it drives me mad that I'm not doing enough to support the human kind against orcs. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
oooh, *****i is censored? I just tested Russian slur for Ukrainian and that one is not censored. I don't like that strange imbalance at all.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Myles said:

Thanks for sharing that.   Good stuff.  Well not good in the sense as it was good it happened, just good video of the evil being done. 

Back a few pages, people were talking about how much trouble Russia was having with their missiles.   Could this had been an errant target?

No. 

Two missiles right at the shopping mall. 

This was deliberate, a war crime and a part of Russian genocide against Ukrainians. 

No spins possible. Russia lied they targeted ammo depot (edit to clarify: in the sense that the shopping mall full of civilians wasn't a shopping mall full of civilians, as the evidence shows, but an ammo depot, because stupid people lie in stupid, easily debunked ways). All evidence proves it was a shopping mall. 18 dead, almost 40 missing, they'll all be dead, because of fire that followed the explosions.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Looks like Erdogan folded. Sweden and Finland are heading to NATO. Very good news. Not so much for Vladolf.

Tried to find any english speaking article to confirm but cannot find it yet.

Edited by odas
Confirmation of news not available yet.
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No. 

Two missiles right at the shopping mall. 

This was deliberate, a war crime and a part of Russian genocide against Ukrainians. 

No spins possible. Russia lied they targeted ammo depot (edit to clarify: in the sense that the shopping mall full of civilians wasn't a shopping mall full of civilians, as the evidence shows, but an ammo depot, because stupid people lie in stupid, easily debunked ways). All evidence proves it was a shopping mall. 18 dead, almost 40 missing, they'll all be dead, because of fire that followed the explosions.  

I only ask because in this thread people were saying how crappy and inaccurate their missiles are.   It doesn't seem to go with them being on target with 2 out of 2.   i was just asking.

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked