Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I only ask because in this thread people were saying how crappy and inaccurate their missiles are.   It doesn't seem to go with them being on target with 2 out of 2.   i was just asking.

Just asking. All right, not your fault, you're just asking. I'll answer. 

Russia has tons of crappy, rusty, imprecise stuff. It's still deadly. But Russia also has a stock of modern missiles (such as their pride and supersonic joy Kinzhal), whose production and maintenance depends on parts and materials they have to import from the West (that's the good news, sanctions) and probably will try to change the supplier (that will have funny results) and the guess is they don't have a lot of these. 

It's raining missiles on Ukraine, Dnipro, civilians under rubble. AA took some of them down, others hit civilian targets. It's not coincidence, Russia is deliberately spending missiles on civilians, the precise stuff, to create impression they've got them enough to waste them and to achieve primary Russian goal in Ukraine, which is genocide. 

Putin is starting to realize he can't have Ukraine, so he is going for the maximum damage. 

He wants to destroy the entire nation because that nation didn't want him to **** on their heads.  

Putin is also starting to realize the West is not a bunch of meek idiots who will give in to his demands, because he had an "ingenious" idea to start threatening with nuclear war on daily basis. Each day a clown or two in Duma (Russian caricature of a parliament) blather about nuclear annihilation of Europe or West in general, like they seriously believe the West wouldn't dare respond in kind to Russian nukes. 

So he's showing to the West, to you and to me, that he can and will hit civilian targets, that when he threatens you with genocide, this is exactly what he'll attempt doing. 

It is about time that the West shows to Putin what defense systems it has and how effective they are.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

What I was mentioning in the post above: 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3517435-rescuers-search-for-people-trapped-under-rubble-after-russias-missile-attack-on-dnipro.html

One of six missiles fired by Russian invaders at Dnipropetrovsk Region has hit an industrial enterprise. Rescuers are searching for people trapped under the rubble.

A reminder that, on June 28, 2022, Russian occupiers fired six missiles at Dnipropetrovsk Region. The Ukrainian anti-aircraft defense units shot down four sea-based Kalibr missiles: three of them over Synelnyykove District and one over the city of Dnipro.

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3517459-enemy-continuously-fires-oniks-missiles-at-odesa-region.html

“The enemy continues to attack Odesa Region’s Izmail District with Oniks cruise missiles. As one missile was destroyed in the morning, five more missile strikes were launched on the coast line during the day,” the report states.

According to the South Operational Command, no significant damage and no casualties were reported, as access to the coast in that area had been closed.

A reminder that, in the morning of June 28, 2022, the Ukrainian anti-aircraft defense units shot down an enemy Oniks cruise missile over the sea, which was fired by Russia from the temporarily occupied Crimea.

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1

It was probably two old soviet X-22 missiles that struck Kremenchuk. 

The attempt to spin it, claiming that old soviet missiles are crap (they are) so Russians accidentally hit the mall instead of legitimate military target (though no target is legitimate for Russians in Ukraine since they're the aggressor and they have no decency to declare war) is bull****, because two of them hit the same target. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I only ask because in this thread people were saying how crappy and inaccurate their missiles are.   It doesn't seem to go with them being on target with 2 out of 2.   i was just asking.

It's a bit complicated and both crappy and inaccurate need to be addressed separately as they are two seperate things entirely.

For the crappy aspect, the Russian missiles have shown to have a lot of problems when fielded.  A large percentage of Russian missiles are either failing to detonate on impact, falling far short/falling apart during the flight, or failing to successfully launch.  A certain percentage of missiles will always fail for any number of reasons but in America and Europe the failure rate is normally in the single percentages at highest while for Russia depending on the weapon system seems to of been between 20% and 50% from what I'm remembering.  The designs are not the issue as its quality control and proper maintenance that are causing the high failure rates.  The newer missiles that Russia has focused and invested way too heavily in, having hypersonic weapons are useful but not at the expensive of soldiers not having body armor or emergency medical equipment, do tend to have far lower failure rates.

Inaccurate is a bit more relative but in general while most western precision weapon systems depending on type are accurate to within a few meters of the target, Russian precision weapons depending on the weapon system are generally accurate within a few tens of meters of the target. The inaccuracy of Russian precision weapon systems are largely due to Russia traditionally having problems in producing high end electronics and precision instruments.  

As the war goes on and as Ukraine is now striking ammunition depots, military headquarters, and logistic/communication with seemingly HIMARS far behind the front lines the Russians have resorted to more attacks on Ukranian civilians.  Why Russia is deciding to spend valuable and limited military equipment to attack civilians instead of military targets is not clear but historically when an aggressor starts to feel like they arent succeeding they traditionally start to target the civilians of the state they are attacking even though doing so is almost always detrimental to themselves.  It's a weird psychological thing in humanity as a whole.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, odas said:

Looks like Erdogan folded. Sweden and Finland are heading to NATO. Very good news. Not so much for Vladolf.

Tried to find any english speaking article to confirm but cannot find it yet.

Very good indeed. No, excellent news!

And some more excellency from Turkey... Türkiye, that is... 

(edit to add: Baykar did the same when Lithuania raised money for Bayraktar for Ukraine.)

:nw:

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Just asking. All right, not your fault, you're just asking. I'll answer. 

Russia has tons of crappy, rusty, imprecise stuff. It's still deadly. But Russia also has a stock of modern missiles (such as their pride and supersonic joy Kinzhal), whose production and maintenance depends on parts and materials they have to import from the West (that's the good news, sanctions) and probably will try to change the supplier (that will have funny results) and the guess is they don't have a lot of these. 

It's raining missiles on Ukraine, Dnipro, civilians under rubble. AA took some of them down, others hit civilian targets. It's not coincidence, Russia is deliberately spending missiles on civilians, the precise stuff, to create impression they've got them enough to waste them and to achieve primary Russian goal in Ukraine, which is genocide. 

Putin is starting to realize he can't have Ukraine, so he is going for the maximum damage. 

He wants to destroy the entire nation because that nation didn't want him to **** on their heads.  

Putin is also starting to realize the West is not a bunch of meek idiots who will give in to his demands, because he had an "ingenious" idea to start threatening with nuclear war on daily basis. Each day a clown or two in Duma (Russian caricature of a parliament) blather about nuclear annihilation of Europe or West in general, like they seriously believe the West wouldn't dare respond in kind to Russian nukes. 

So he's showing to the West, to you and to me, that he can and will hit civilian targets, that when he threatens you with genocide, this is exactly what he'll attempt doing. 

It is about time that the West shows to Putin what defense systems it has and how effective they are.  

On RT News they say something different.

They say the missiles were targeted at the Kredmash Vehicle Plant next door to the shopping centre which was storing weapons. They give drone footage of the plant with a huge hole in it. Their claim is the secondary explosions from the stored weapons set fire to the shopping centre.

The drone footage shows the car park outside was empty when the missile struck except for some soldiers in military uniforms wondering around.

Ukraine is telling porkies about this one, video footage don`t lie.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

On RT News they say something different.

They say the missiles were targeted at the Kredmash Vehicle Plant next door to the shopping centre which was storing weapons. They give drone footage of the plant with a huge hole in it. Their claim is the secondary explosions from the stored weapons set fire to the shopping centre.

The drone footage shows the car park outside was empty when the missile struck except for some soldiers in military uniforms wondering around.

Ukraine is telling porkies about this one, video footage don`t lie.

Cookie, I told you hundred times already, Russian propaganda garbage is not meant for sane adults. 

They just spew fantastic stupidities which only an imbecile would take seriously. 

You're supposed to "just ask questions", not admit right away that you fell for another bout of cretinism from Kremlin. 

It should create an impression that you're "just being objective". It won't, but it should. 

How's weather at St. Peterburg? Thundering, huh? It was in the distance, but it's coming closer now? That's NATO approaching. And they've got so much to give.  

'nite, trollsky. It was a morbid pleasure as always. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Cookie, I told you hundred times already, Russian propaganda garbage is not meant for sane adults. 

They just spew fantastic stupidities which only an imbecile would take seriously. 

You're supposed to "just ask questions", not admit right away that you fell for another bout of cretinism from Kremlin. 

It should create an impression that you're "just being objective". It won't, but it should. 

How's weather at St. Peterburg? Thundering, huh? It was in the distance, but it's coming closer now? That's NATO approaching. And they've got so much to give.  

'nite, trollsky. It was a morbid pleasure as always. 

Cookie sane adult that tickled me. :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

It was probably two old soviet X-22 missiles that struck Kremenchuk. 

The attempt to spin it, claiming that old soviet missiles are crap (they are) so Russians accidentally hit the mall instead of legitimate military target (though no target is legitimate for Russians in Ukraine since they're the aggressor and they have no decency to declare war) is bull****, because two of them hit the same target. 

Seems like a factory was hit, too. Check the Twitter feed.

Also, from what I've been seeing these missiles are meant for aircraft carriers and such. Not exactly meant for precision strikes, so it does show a lack of consideration for human life. Russia is still a terrorist state.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I know you desperately want that to be true, but that's not the case. The United States has already invested billions into Ukraine, and is going to be investing even more such money. The G7 pledged recently (along with the US) to continue to provide aid to Ukraine as long as it's required, no matter what.

Also, you suck at being the next Occult. It's not your thing, man.

Maybe it’s not the case if your world started on 2/24? However, history prior to 2/24 shows us otherwise. The on going conflict in Yemen illustrates the toll being a proxy can’t have on a country. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/21/yemen-children-hunger/2076683002/

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Maybe it’s not the case if your world started on 2/24? However, history prior to 2/24 shows us otherwise. The on going conflict in Yemen illustrates the toll being a proxy can’t have on a country. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2018/11/21/yemen-children-hunger/2076683002/

I don't see what Yemen has to do with the current conflict in Ukraine. Weren't you already warned by Saru? 

• Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I don't see what Yemen has to do with the current conflict in Ukraine. Weren't you already warned by Saru? 

Obviously you don’t see or understand.

I trust Saru will be able to follow me making a point about the effects on a country of being a US proxy to which you respond only with a flippant “that's not the case”, so I provide you with an example, Yemen, to which you plead ignorance of the significance…..

9 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I trust Saru will be able to follow me making a point about the effects on a country of being a US proxy to which you respond only with a flippant “that's not the case”, so I provide you with an example, Yemen, to which you plead ignorance of the significance…..

The US is a player but not the main player in Yemen, its Saudi vs Iran. I'm impressed that hasn't led to the Saudis and Iranian bombing the crap out of eachother.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Myles said:

Back a few pages, people were talking about how much trouble Russia was having with their missiles.   Could this had been an errant target?

I think they might have been aiming for the factory, but in a very loose sense - hence why they used those X-22 missiles. I think the primary target was the factory but with a blatant and utter disregard for innocent human life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I think they might have been aiming for the factory, but in a very loose sense - hence why they used those X-22 missiles. I think the primary target was the factory but with a blatant and utter disregard for innocent human life.

Doesn't it also show that the russian military is not that high tech as expected?

Just now, thedutchiedutch said:

Doesn't it also show that the russian military is not that high tech as expected?

That, and/or conserving resources.

13 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

Ukraine isn't a proxy war. There was no instigation by the US to wage a conflict, nor is the US using Ukraine to fight for them, so it's not relevant.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

That, and/or conserving resources.

Yes, I was thinking that too, maybe they get rid of the old stock first and hold on to the good new technical stuff for later. 

9 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Yes, I was thinking that too, maybe they get rid of the old stock first and hold on to the good new technical stuff for later. 

It would be wise, especially considering the sanctions that have been imposed on Russia. They can't even pay off their recently-defaulted foreign debt because no banks will let them transfer money through them. Apologies for the tangent, but essentially what's happening now is the very beginning of the long-term implications that these sanctions have.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

It would be wise, especially considering the sanctions that have been imposed on Russia. They can't even pay off their recently-defaulted foreign debt because no banks will let them transfer money through them. Apologies for the tangent, but essentially what's happening now is the very beginning of the long-term implications that these sanctions will have.

True. But what else can be done? Attack Russia and remove puta from power? I am sure this can be done but are russian allies going to just sit there and watch it happening without intervening?

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked