Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The kisser of the butt hole survives, and gets special privileges.

And people like you are allied to nobody - you merely sell to the highest bidder. Completely untrustworthy. A liability.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Nuclear Wessel said:

And people like you are allied to nobody - you merely sell to the highest bidder. Completely untrustworthy. A liability.

Yep lol

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

Yep lol

And you think that you'd survive in a post-apocalyptic setting? You know how these things go.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

And you think that you'd survive in a post-apocalyptic setting? You know how these things go.

Sure, I need to arm myself, and surrender myself with weak followers who won`t dare challenge my kingship over them lol.

Heck, I`d elevate myself to their cult God.

Edited by Cookie Monster

39 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi El

Just wondering if you were a citizen of the Ukraine and living there at this time would you give up your country to be a Russian citizen especially if you had already lived under Russian rule in the past and at what part of the conflict would you turn? Would you turn at the first shot fired or later when things look bad but the Ukraine is still free and you friends , neighbors and relatives or when all hope is lost? I know that you lost hope on the first shot as a forum member but do wonder if you loved your friends, family and country would you fight to save them if it was your country?

I am an American citizen and I do not believe US involvement in Ukraine is in the interest of the American people. Is the conflict in the interest of the Ukrainian civilians in your hypothetical? Yeah, maybe on a geopolitical level. The choice for them is an alignment between either Russia or US/NATO. The reality on the ground is their cities are being destroyed, their live shattered and their bodies broken. 

I have nothing but sympathy for the Ukrainians affected by this war and also to some extent the Russians being sent to die in Ukraine. While the Russian invasion was a dramatic escalation, this conflict has its genesis in both Russian and NATO expansion. I don’t believe the larger competition between between Russia and NATO or the current war is much in the interest of the little people who just want to live their lives and not be caught between the two as they consolidate their influence. 

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

I am an American citizen and I do not believe US involvement in Ukraine is in the interest of the American people. Is the conflict in the interest of the Ukrainian civilians in your hypothetical? Yeah, maybe on a geopolitical level. The choice for them is an alignment between either Russia or US/NATO. The reality on the ground is their cities are being destroyed, their live shattered and their bodies broken. 

I have nothing but sympathy for the Ukrainians affected by this war and also to some extent the Russians being sent to die in Ukraine. While the Russian invasion was a dramatic escalation, this conflict has its genesis in both Russian and NATO expansion. I don’t believe the larger competition between between Russia and NATO or the current war is much in the interest of the little people who just want to live their lives and not be caught between the two as their consolidate their influence. 

Hi

El

Thanks for avoiding the questions asked and that is what I am looking for not the sideline that you have given. Could you be honest and answer the questions I posed to you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Sure, I need to arm myself, and surrender myself with weak followers who won`t dare challenge my kingship over them lol.

Heck, I`d elevate myself to their cult God.

Hi Cookie

Even if you were armed that would not give you the balls to face life in conflict you actually have to have some principals to work with.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

Even if you were armed that would not give you the balls to face life in conflict you actually have to have some principals to work with.

I have principles - me, me, me, lol

• Like 1

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

I have principles - me, me, me, lol

Hi Cookie

I wish I could find that funny but it actually makes me sad that you are your only focus in life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

to be fair, he is correct on this a little bit.   During war, many Husbands/Wives try to fit in with whoever is winning at the moment in order to protect their families. 

• Like 2

Now I've got a link in English :D And so the excuse to post this twice :D 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3518146-biggest-swap-144-servicemen-including-95-azovstal-defenders-return-home.html

"Another exchange of prisoners took place, thanks to which 144 Ukrainian defenders returned home. This is the largest swap since the full-scale Russian invasion. Of the 144 released, 95 are Azovstal defenders. Among them 43 are servicemen with the Azov Regiment,” 

It is noted that most of the released Ukrainians have sustained serious injuries: gunshot and shrapnel wounds, explosive injuries, burns, fractures, and amputations. All of them are now receiving appropriate emergency medical and psychological care.

The Coordination Headquarters continues its work toward ensuring the return of all Ukrainian defenders from Russian captivity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

NATO declares Russia its 'most direct threat,' offers Finland, Sweden membership

At the Madrid summit, alliance leaders said they wanted to send a message to Russia, as NATO chief Jens Stoltenberg said Moscow's war in Ukraine presents the "biggest challenge" in the alliance's history.

Source: https://www.dw.com/en/nato-declares-russia-its-most-direct-threat-offers-finland-sweden-membership/a-62297662

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Cookie

I wish I could find that funny but it actually makes me sad that you are your only focus in life.

He's a narcissist - of course he is his only focus.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Thats not how it works.

You keep both a Ukrainian and Russian flag in your attic, and whoever owns your area on the day is whose flag you wave. You dont pick sides, you tell both lots you love them, and that way you survive!

Let the low IQ people die in the fighting (yes, low IQ, not shady).

Nice way to describe all the Veterans who fought and died for the freedoms we have today. Just as I thought your posts can't get any lower you suprise me again.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

In a new poll 89% of Ukrainians do not support cedeing land to Russia.

https://www.livemint.com/politics/policy/in-new-poll-89-of-ukrainians-reject-ceding-land-to-reach-peace-with-russia-11656504781894.html

I chose this link over the WSJ one because it was paywalled. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, odas said:

Nice way to describe all the Veterans who fought and died for the freedoms we have today. Just as I thought your posts can't get any lower you surprise me again.

Veterans dont fight for their country.

They might join with those ideas in their heads, but as soon as they get a taste of what war is really like then its a fight for their own survival. When you have just seen someone blown in half shrieking like something gone wrong then its sod your country, do what you need to do to save yourself from that terror.

Edited by Cookie Monster

These Russian groupies are so tiresome. They can't even troll right. It's more like they're looking for psychological support. Ah.

This is how smart people with sense of humor troll. But one has to have brains in order to troll right. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

In a new poll 89% of Ukrainians do not support cedeing land to Russia.

https://www.livemint.com/politics/policy/in-new-poll-89-of-ukrainians-reject-ceding-land-to-reach-peace-with-russia-11656504781894.html

I chose this link over the WSJ one because it was paywalled. 

That would seem about right.   To me anyway.  Perhaps most of the 11% is in the active war zones.  Those in the west, who are not being attacked may see differently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

That would seem about right.   To me anyway.  Perhaps most of the 11% is in the active war zones.  Those in the west, who are not being attacked may see differently.

That's funny. We came at it from opposite angels. I felt like the 11% are moreso from the people outside the warzone. Because those who have lost loved one and had home destroyed by Russians would probably have more anger and find cedeing land as an insult 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Veterans dont fight for their country.

They might join with those ideas in their heads, but as soon as they get a taste of what war is really like then its a fight for their own survival. When you have just seen someone blown in half shrieking like something gone wrong then its sod your country, do what you need to do to save yourself from that terror.

That is absolutely not what it is like.  If you go all ‘every man for himself’ in combat you’ll last as long as a snowflake in hell.

You are trained to work as a team, and if one of your team has been blown up but still shrieking you are trained to get them to cover as quick as you can while your team suppresses the hell out of the enemy.

You are trained how to react under fire and how to survive an engagement.  You will never ever just be sent out willy nilly and told to ‘defend your country’, unless you are James Bond.  you will have a clear generally achievable objective such as hold a bridge, or defend an elevated position, and you will have a fall back option as well as support.

Dude, Sun Tzu figured this stuff out over 2000 years ago.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grey Area said:

That is absolutely not what it is like.  If you go all ‘every man for himself’ in combat you’ll last as long as a snowflake in hell.

You are trained to work as a team, and if one of your team has been blown up but still shrieking you are trained to get them to cover as quick as you can while your team suppresses the hell out of the enemy.

You are trained how to react under fire and how to survive an engagement.  You will never ever just be sent out willy nilly and told to ‘defend your country’, unless you are James Bond.  you will have a clear generally achievable objective such as hold a bridge, or defend an elevated position, and you will have a fall back option as well as support.

Dude, Sun Tzu figured this stuff out over 2000 years ago.

Best hope I`m not in your unit then as I would escape and survive lol.

36 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

That's funny. We came at it from opposite angels. I felt like the 11% are moreso from the people outside the warzone. Because those who have lost loved one and had home destroyed by Russians would probably have more anger and find cedeing land as an insult 

We may both be right.   It could be split in many ways.  I would think that those who are actively fighting may think, like you said, it is an insult.   But maybe the families who are living each day in fear for their lives and just want this to end would be OK with giving Russia some land to make this hell stop.

9 minutes ago, Myles said:

We may both be right.   It could be split in many ways.  I would think that those who are actively fighting may think, like you said, it is an insult.   But maybe the families who are living each day in fear for their lives and just want this to end would be OK with giving Russia some land to make this hell stop.

Which American media is spreading that piece of Russian narrative disguised as "concern"?  

The war won't end if Ukraine surrenders, or even surrenders a part of its territory. 

Any concessions will guarantee continuation of Russian aggression. Occupied territories are being sites of war crimes, with genocide of Ukrainians as Russian end goal. 

Only defeat of Russia can bring peace and security to Ukraine. Do not trust Russian assets and their interpretation of what Ukrainians must be thinking. You've got Internet, go and see and hear what Ukrainians think, straight from them.  

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3518291-blackmail-bloodshed-and-destruction-are-backbone-of-russias-foreign-policy-yermak.html

Russia sees any talk of concessions or even negotiations as a weakness, with blackmail, bloodshed, and destruction being the backbone of Russia's foreign policy.

"History has taught us that the aggressor's appetites grow with each concession. That is why the security of not only Europe, but also the whole of humanity is threatened. And we believe that if Russia is not stopped in Ukraine, NATO will inevitably be drawn into the war. In addition, the unpunished aggressor gives grounds for other criminals to build their own plans of aggression," Yermak said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked