Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

19 minutes ago, godnodog said:

Folks folks.   Don't feed the trolls.

Hi Gnd

I don't mind reading different perspectives of an argument and in this case the thread is not about arguing about most points brought up by a few posters who would rather not admit their bias. Can I fault them, hmm..., well I am a boomer and one of my neighbors was an ex German soldier and had a Mein Hitler room in the basement full of memorabilia. Fortunately because of Mein Hitler bullet when he wasn't working( he had a family he supported and I grew up with his son and daughter) he was drunk and remembering "the good old days".

I do not engage these members often but do read all they post and at times just feel like saying something maybe because I came to a discussion forum and  expect to see different positions to a subject whether I agree or not. I don't know anyone's personal life and can only see how they express an idea so realistically there is a lot of data missing in digital form as there is no body language or other aspects of communication that can be utilized. I think most of them contribute to their community(some cookies may be excluded) in a positive way. I had a girl stop by my house one day on her lunch day walk furious that my neighbor was killing the wasps in his yard because he had young children and yet somehow the value of life over a child and windshield splat is equal in some way.

So I smoked a fatty with her and told her how great her outfit looked and accented her form.

• Like 2

Former F1 executive Bernie Ecclestone has called Vladimir Putin a “first class person” and claimed he “would take a bullet for him”.

In a bizarre interview with Good Morning Britain, the 91-year-old was asked whether he still stood by his friend Mr Putin.

To which, Mr Ecclestone replied: “I would still take a bullet for him. I’d rather it didn’t hurt but I would still take a bullet.”

Bernie Ecclestone says he would ‘take bullet’ for Putin in bizarre GMB interview | The Independent

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Gnd

I don't mind reading different perspectives of an argument and in this case the thread is not about arguing about most points brought up by a few posters who would rather not admit their bias. Can I fault them, hmm..., well I am a boomer and one of my neighbors was an ex German soldier and had a Mein Hitler room in the basement full of memorabilia. Fortunately because of Mein Hitler bullet when he wasn't working( he had a family he supported and I grew up with his son and daughter) he was drunk and remembering "the good old days".

I do not engage these members often but do read all they post and at times just feel like saying something maybe because I came to a discussion forum and  expect to see different positions to a subject whether I agree or not. I don't know anyone's personal life and can only see how they express an idea so realistically there is a lot of data missing in digital form as there is no body language or other aspects of communication that can be utilized. I think most of them contribute to their community(some cookies may be excluded) in a positive way. I had a girl stop by my house one day on her lunch day walk furious that my neighbor was killing the wasps in his yard because he had young children and yet somehow the value of life over a child and windshield splat is equal in some way.

So I smoked a fatty with her and told her how great her outfit looked and accented her form.

The thing is that this thread lately was not about Ukr conflict, but about certain members, I am appealing to not feed anymore posts that keep feeding into basically is a personal "conflict", and IMO the thread is moving away from the topic.

Also good story.

• Like 1

Thread cleaned

I'm getting tired of having to clean up after the same few members in this thread (you know who you are) - if you can't contribute in a civil and constructive manner to the discussion (or you cannot control your urge to wind people up for your own amusement), then step away from the topic.

We can't ban members from specific threads, but we can ban members from specific forum sections, so if you don't want to lose access to the UK and Europe section, then please take this warning seriously and stop with the personal attacks, stop with the trolling and treat this topic with the seriousness and respect it deserves.

Thank you.

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Russia has with drawn from Snake Island after serious losses:

As fantastic news as this is, if Ukraine deploy troops on there they will probably be hit aswell. Unless.....they secretly put harpoon missiles on there and hit Ruzzias Black Sea Fleet now that would be brilliant!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, el midgetron said:

The NYT is running the headline “A more muscular NATO emerges as the west confronts Russia and China”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/29/world/europe/nato-expansion-ukraine-war.html

i can’t read the article because it’s behind a paywall but wtf? Now we are at war with China to? It’s like we are being gaslighted into WW3. 

Also notice the headline doesn’t even mention Ukraine. They are not part of “the west” they are a proxy state and nothing more. 

That doesnt mean Ukraine is a proxy state at all! NATO are just stating the blatant bloody obvious that Ruzzia cant be trusted! Specially when Putler makes statements about how hes "retaking land back from Europe". Oh yea sure nothing to see here move along. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

Russia is trying to spin this as a planned withdrawal, but it is a rout:

Russian troops have hastily abandoned Snake Island today in a fresh blow to Putin's invasion just days after Ukraine's armed forces launched a crippling rocket attack on the outpost.

The 100-acre hunk of land is a favourable strategic position, sitting some 80 miles off Ukraine's southern coastline in the Black Sea.

Russia seized the island early in the war and had largely managed to maintain control of it despite intermittent attacks from Ukraine's armed forces.

But Ukraine last week launched a major offensive, destroying a series of Russian supply stations and anti-aircraft systems with a brutal barrage of rockets.

The withdrawal represents a major loss for Putin's forces.

Humiliation for Putin as Russia abandons Snake Island | Daily Mail Online

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Russia is trying to spin this as a planned withdrawal, but it is a rout:

Russian troops have hastily abandoned Snake Island today in a fresh blow to Putin's invasion just days after Ukraine's armed forces launched a crippling rocket attack on the outpost.

The 100-acre hunk of land is a favourable strategic position, sitting some 80 miles off Ukraine's southern coastline in the Black Sea.

Russia seized the island early in the war and had largely managed to maintain control of it despite intermittent attacks from Ukraine's armed forces.

But Ukraine last week launched a major offensive, destroying a series of Russian supply stations and anti-aircraft systems with a brutal barrage of rockets.

The withdrawal represents a major loss for Putin's forces.

Humiliation for Putin as Russia abandons Snake Island | Daily Mail Online

I was thinking about Ruzzias anti aircraft systems and how theyre supposed to be the best in the world. Well how have they faired in this war?

Britain has been training hundreds of Ukrainian troops, with new weapons being provided by the UK for their fight with Russia.

The training has been taking place over the past few weeks in south-west England's Wiltshire county.

The Ukrainians have been learning how to use the British Army's Multiple Rocket Launcher System (MLRS) which has a range of more than 80km (50 miles).

Ukrainian troops getting weapons training in UK - BBC News

• Like 2

Ukraine: Four months after Russian invasion, humanitarian needs intensify

….“Almost 16 million people in Ukraine today need humanitarian assistance; water, food, health services, a roof over their heads, protection. These are conservative numbers that the United Nationsis in the process of revising now.”….

https://www.devdiscourse.com/article/science-environment/2093106-ukraine-four-months-after-russian-invasion-humanitarian-needs-intensify

1 minute ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

:D  Great minds think alike :D 

• Like 1

Placement of military objectives near civilian objects and the use of human shields

OHCHR is concerned that in the course of hostilities, both Russian armed forces and affiliated armed groups as well as Ukrainian armed forces took up positions either in residential areas or near civilian objects, from where they launched military operations without taking measures for the protection of civilians present, as required under IhL…..

…At the beginning of March 2022, when active hostilities drew nearer to the care house, its management repeatedly requested local authorities to evacuate the residents. This was reportedly impossible as Ukrainian armed forces had allegedly mined the surrounding area and blocked roads. On 7 March, soldiers from Ukrainian armed forces entered the care house, where older persons and residents with disabilities and staff were located, as it had strategic value due to its proximity to an important road. On 9 March, soldiers from Russian affiliated armed groups, who were approaching from the opposite direction, engaged in an exchange of fire with soldiers from Ukrainian armed forces, although it remains unclear which side opened fire first. During this first exchange of fire, no staff or patients were injured….

Internally displaced persons

…Since 24 February, over 8 million persons – 17 percent of Ukraine’s population – have been displaced within Ukraine.30 OHCHR interviewed internally displaced persons in western Ukraine and welcomes the Government’s efforts to organize the evacuation of the population from conflict-affected areas to safer places and to provide basic accommodation, access to healthcare and financial assistance in host communities. ….….

Non-nationals

65. Non-nationals in Ukraine, including international students, migrant workers, family members of Ukrainian citizens, and other migrants, were able to leave Ukraine in the early weeks of the current armed conflict, without restrictions linked to the possession of ID documents or regular residence in Ukraine. However, there were some reports of discriminatory treatment of people attempting to flee Ukraine into neighbouring countries, in particular people of African, Asian, Middle Eastern and Latin American descent.32 As the movements of people leaving Ukraine significantly decreased, cases of denied crossing for other non-nationals, particularly undocumented migrants, were reported from April. As of 15 May, 14 migrants who had been detained prior to the armed attack for visa irregularities or for attempting to cross Ukrainian borders irregularly, remained deprived of liberty in two immigration detention centres in the Mykholaiv and Volyn oblasts, despite the severe risks to their physical safety from the hostilities…..

Torture and ill-treatment of civilians

94. OHCHR documented the widespread use of extrajudicial punishment of individuals believed to be so-called marauders, thieves, bootleggers, fake volunteers (fraudsters), drug dealers and curfew violators. During the reporting period, OHCHR documented 89 cases (80 men and 9 women) in territory controlled by the Government of Ukraine and three cases in territory controlled by Russian armed forces. In most cases civilians apprehended the victims believed to be committing crimes, tied them to trees or electricity poles with adhesive tape or plastic wrap, stained their faces or bodies with the words “marauders” or “thieves” or put stickers with these words on them, filmed them and published the videos online. In 19 cases, victims were partially or fully stripped of their clothes, which may amount to sexual violence and torture, especially if they were left without clothes in cold temperature, thereby causing them even more suffering.43 In 11 cases, victims were beaten by the perpetrators. OHCHR notes that public officials in different regions called for killing marauders at the crime scene or punishing them, which promoted such violence.44 OHCHR is particularly concerned that officers of the National Police or members of the Territorial Defence were involved in nine cases of extrajudicial punishment, and even beat tied victims (two cases). The practice decreased considerably in late April-May, with only three cases documented between 1 and 15 May 2022……

https://www.ohchr.org/sites/default/files/documents/countries/ua/2022-06-29/2022-06-UkraineArmedAttack-EN.pdf

10 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Futurama Fry Not Sure If Meme Sticker - Sticker Mania

Did you hear that rumble in the background? Denys took it very calmly, but I remember exactly how it feels. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-economy/3518647-gazprom-shares-plunge-30-against-failure-to-pay-dividends.html

the value of Gazprom's shares has fallen 30% since the start of trading at the Moscow Stock Exchange in the wake of the move. In the next few hours, the stock price somewhat recovered so the fall stands at 27%.

It seems Russians too have problems with following Putin's narrative :D  

• Like 2

No wonder Russia wants Ukrainian resources. Even in the middle of war, Ukraine has electricity to sell. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-economy/3518605-ukraine-begins-to-export-electricity-to-romania.html

Just three months after the visa-free energy regime was launched, Ukraine began to export electricity towards Europe, namely to Romania.

“After Ukraine’s victory in the war, this will allow us to significantly increase investments in the energy sector and renovate it according to the best EU standards. The energy sector will become one of the drivers in recovering our economy, as it has already become a driver of our integration into the EU,” Shmyhal stressed.

A reminder that, on March 16, 2022, Ukraine officially joined the European Network of Transmission System Operators (ENTSO-E).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

No wonder Russia wants Ukrainian resources. Even in the middle of war, Ukraine has electricity to sell. 

And excellent soil. According to a book I am reading, the black soil of the Dnieper basin is the reason Ukraine is called “the breadbasket of the world”. It is described as the “richest” soil in the world. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Did you hear that rumble in the background? Denys took it very calmly, but I remember exactly how it feels. 

I heard a rumble, but at that point I was only half-listening, as I am working. I thought he was showing a video, or something. 

4 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

And excellent soil. According to a book I am reading, the black soil of the Dnieper basin is the reason Ukraine is called “the breadbasket of the world”. It is described as the “richest” soil in the world. 

Ukraine has practically everything. When they say they won't be a burden, but an engine of the EU, they're absolutely correct. 

Putin wants to suck their resources dry. He doesn't care for Russian-speakers. He's wasting them on the front line - well, serve most of them right. All he cares for is the loot. 

2 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I heard a rumble, but at that point I was only half-listening, as I am working. I thought he was showing a video, or something. 

Nope, as the video goes on you can hear the rumble that comes from outside of his house. Could be missile, could be taking a missile down, but it could be just natural thunder. 

I had issues with thunders for about 5 years after the war. People would claim it's just thunder and I wouldn't believe it. I was trying to guess what caliber and from which direction :lol:    

• Like 2

Russians have withdrawn from snake island after another heavy Ukranian bombardment.

If Ukraine would be capable of moving enough anti-air and anti-ship missiles to snake island then the Ukranian military would be able to severely limit the ability of Russia's navy to operate in the western black sea and should be able to restart the shipping from Odessa.  

• Like 4

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked