Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

22 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If I remember correctly when Lithuania got its independence one of the clauses for it was that Russia could transport what it liked using their railway.

So technically, Lithuania have violated that treaty, so it would be legal under International Law to invade them.

That's not how international law works with invasions dude lol.

• Thanks 5

52 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Or he's too afraid of a child the plate with bread. Or he's afraid of bread. Or the possible poison in bread. :D  

As paranoid as Putin is he probably didn't want anyone around him.

• Like 5

Just now, Cookie Monster said:

If I remember correctly when Lithuania got its independence one of the clauses for it was that Russia could transport what it liked using their railway.

So technically, Lithuania have violated that treaty, so it would be legal under International Law to invade them.

In 1945, at the Potsdam Conference, the Kaliningrad region was transferred to Russia for 50 years. That is, Russia should leave from there altogether back in 1995. And now the problem of Kaliningrad arises because the war in our country also raises this unresolved part.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Coil said:

They don't even want to give him a hand.Neither the chef nor the North Korean leader.

---------------------------------------------------------

I don’t know if anyone mentioned here how much the Russians don’t want to fight with us. They dig a trench half a meter deep, lie on their backs and lift their legs up so that the Ukrainian soldiers wound them in the leg and then they will end up in the hospital. Some ask friends to break their fingers. Those who are smarter ask for leave to go home for family reasons and do not return.

Hey, coil! How are you? I know it's a little stupid question, given the circumstances. 

Oh, that's creative, with legs sticking out of a trench. Because self-inflicted wounds are obvious. So they found a way to get a legitimate one :lol:  

What do you think, is it just their fear of your armed forces or they realize they're the aggressors and they shouldn't be taking part in this war?  

• Like 1

I step out for just a little bit and this gem pops up:

"Russia Admits It's Running Out of Weapons in Ukraine War"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-admits-it-s-running-out-of-weapons-in-ukraine-war/ar-AAZ4zJH?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2903d5d787a840ac80c57783d0ba7b3b

"For the first time, Russia has admitted that it is running out of weapons in the Ukraine war, after President Vladimir Putin's government created a draft federal law that would allow the country to quickly repair weapons and military equipment."

"The British Defense Ministry noted in an intelligence update late May that Russia's decision to deploy old Soviet-era tanks on the battlefield highlighted "Russia's shortage of modern, combat-ready equipment."

Looks like Vladdy and the orcs are running low on weapons and vehicles already. Maybe poking at Lithuania and Poland isn't too bright of an idea. I mean he can't even defeat a small state weakened by national division and led by a second-rate former comedian. Hell, their farmers are causing major disruptions. Poor Vladdy:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:

Hey, coil! How are you? I know it's a little stupid question, given the circumstances. 

What do you think, is it just their fear of your armed forces or they realize they're the aggressors and they shouldn't be taking part in this war?  

Everything is fine with me, although Nikolaev and other cities are constantly bombed and it is depressing. There are about 10 thousand immigrants in my city, mostly from Nikolaev, so the city is full of cars and people. In the past days, the alarm was often sounded, but now it sounds less. If an alarm sounds, it means that a rocket is flying somewhere in our region. Often, the siren sounds at 2-3 am.

Our troops fire at them heavily in some areas so they are afraid to be on the front line and die. Our troops kill 150 enemies a day and when they see that every day the number of their colleagues decreases, they wonder why they need to be here. Many are forcibly driven out of the DNR/LNR on pain of death and they try to avoid war. Ours even gave a phone number for them to call and give up, but their bosses just don’t let them run away, make sure they don't run away.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

There was no clause about Lithuania allowing the USSR, Russia didnt exist when Lithuania declared independence, to use their rail infrastructure to supply Kaliningrad as part of Lithuanian independence.  

There was an agreement with the EU that Russia had that the EU wouldn't restrict the free flow of goods to Kaliningrad but that was not a legally binding treaty.

Even if what you said was true, which it's not, that still would not justify an invasion of Lithuania.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Like 1

In Donetsk, a rally of cadets' parents took place near the "Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs". Very interesting details became known there, including about the "duties" of the cadets. So, in the workbook of the commander of the 1st separate battalion, it is written what the cadets will do on the front line. If the 1st and 2nd year students were still lucky, because they will guard the air defense crews, warehouses and locations, then the cadets of the 3rd, 4th and 5th courses "hit the real jackpot." The latter are written simply as "meat".

Accordingly, soldiers will avoid such service because they know the disregard of their command which, if only to understaff the brigade and throw it to the slaughter.

2056901_15872110.jpg?202207181539

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coil said:

Everything is fine with me, although Nikolaev and other cities are constantly bombed and it is depressing. There are about 10 thousand immigrants in my city, mostly from Nikolaev, so the city is full of cars and people. In the past days, the alarm was often sounded, but now it sounds less. If an alarm sounds, it means that a rocket is flying somewhere in our region. Often, the siren sounds at 2-3 am.

Our troops fire at them heavily in some areas so they are afraid to be on the front line and die. Our troops kill 150 enemies a day and when they see that every day the number of their colleagues decreases, they wonder why they need to be here. Many are forcibly driven out of the DNR/LNR on pain of death and they try to avoid war. Ours even gave a phone number for them to call and give up, but their bosses just don’t let them run away, make sure they don't run away.

Just reading about constant bombing is depressing and you are actually living it through. But it will stop. I know it's easy to say it and very hard to be there, waiting for that day. But it will stop. And nothing that was done to Ukraine will ever be hidden or forgotten. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coil said:

In Donetsk, a rally of cadets' parents took place near the "Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs". Very interesting details became known there, including about the "duties" of the cadets. So, in the workbook of the commander of the 1st separate battalion, it is written what the cadets will do on the front line. If the 1st and 2nd year students were still lucky, because they will guard the air defense crews, warehouses and locations, then the cadets of the 3rd, 4th and 5th courses "hit the real jackpot." The latter are written simply as "meat".

Accordingly, soldiers will avoid such service because they know the disregard of their command which, if only to understaff the brigade and throw it to the slaughter.

2056901_15872110.jpg?202207181539

What do you think, is there any chance that the people who were separatists, who wanted to be a part of Putin's Russia, will change their minds? 

Now they can see how much Putin cares for them - he doesn't, they're just meat to him. Will they regret their decisions from the past and start cooperating with Ukraine, or they're lost causes? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

I step out for just a little bit and this gem pops up:

"Russia Admits It's Running Out of Weapons in Ukraine War"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-admits-it-s-running-out-of-weapons-in-ukraine-war/ar-AAZ4zJH?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2903d5d787a840ac80c57783d0ba7b3b

"For the first time, Russia has admitted that it is running out of weapons in the Ukraine war, after President Vladimir Putin's government created a draft federal law that would allow the country to quickly repair weapons and military equipment."

"The British Defense Ministry noted in an intelligence update late May that Russia's decision to deploy old Soviet-era tanks on the battlefield highlighted "Russia's shortage of modern, combat-ready equipment."

Looks like Vladdy and the orcs are running low on weapons and vehicles already. Maybe poking at Lithuania and Poland isn't too bright of an idea. I mean he can't even defeat a small state weakened by national division and led by a second-rate former comedian. Hell, their farmers are causing major disruptions. Poor Vladdy:lol:

The soviets tried to outspend the west during the cold war and it broke them.

Putin will also fail as he is a lame version of the Soviet union 

• Like 4

Russia's deputy foreign minister said that only mentally ill could invent a Russian plan to attack NATO. 

Since it's his boss, foreign minister Lavrov, and other clowns from Kremlin, who constantly boast and threaten with such plans, I must agree with the Deputy minister. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

That's not how international law works with invasions dude lol.

It depends if its a condition written in for independence.

If it is and violated, then Lithuania is legally Russian.

20 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

The USSR recognised Lithanian independence in 1991. At this time there was no Russia, it was part of the USSR. Russia became independent in 1992. So how can a country that never owned Lithuania in the first place have a claim on it ?

Also if Lithuanias independence is illegitimate, isn't the same true of Russias ?

Edited by Noteverythingisaconspiracy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

I don't think that was ever a condition or clause in the independence of Lithuania. Nice try though.

• Like 2

.....and now a word from the "Mad Dog":

Former defense secretary James Mattis rips Putin's 'pathetic' military performance in Ukraine: 'We're watching Russia wither before our eyes

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/former-defense-secretary-james-mattis-rips-putin-s-pathetic-military-performance-in-ukraine-we-re-watching-russia-wither-before-our-eyes/ar-AAZ5uQH?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=bed7d3677bd549c489510b6a18cc2c3d

"Mattis, a former Marine four-star general who led the Pentagon during the first two years of the Trump administration, condemned "the immoral, the tactically incompetent, operationally stupid and strategically foolish effort" of Russia's invasion of Ukraine."

Oooof, that's gotta sting a little.

• Like 3

https://english.nv.ua/nation/russians-lost-1-billion-during-occupation-of-snake-island-russia-ukraine-50253758.html

During the occupation of Ukraine’s Snake (Zmiinyi) Island from February to June, the Russian military lost almost a billion dollars worth of equipment, Forbes Ukraine wrote on July 1. The lion’s share of this amount is taken by the sunken cruiser Moskva, which cost $750 million.

The Ukrainian military additionally destroyed eight Russian missile systems – Tor, Pantsir and Strela – to the tune of more than $100 million.

The modern tugboat Vasily Bekh, worth $25 million, was sunk by anti-ship missiles of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Also, the landing craft Serna, worth $20 million, sank near the island.

In addition, the Ukrainian military destroyed at least one Mi-8 helicopter, put out of action two Russian Raptor patrol boats, and damaged a substantial amount of various radar equipment that the Russians had in-stalled on the island.

^_^

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

If you remember correctly? Did you study recent Eastern European politics? I can't find any mention of this clause. I found this:Lithuanians campaign for national independence, 1988-1991 | Global Nonviolent Action Database (swarthmore.edu) which does not mention any lingering ties to Russsia.

Could you post a reference to this clause as it would be interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

https://english.nv.ua/nation/russians-lost-1-billion-during-occupation-of-snake-island-russia-ukraine-50253758.html

During the occupation of Ukraine’s Snake (Zmiinyi) Island from February to June, the Russian military lost almost a billion dollars worth of equipment, Forbes Ukraine wrote on July 1. The lion’s share of this amount is taken by the sunken cruiser Moskva, which cost $750 million.

The Ukrainian military additionally destroyed eight Russian missile systems – Tor, Pantsir and Strela – to the tune of more than $100 million.

The modern tugboat Vasily Bekh, worth $25 million, was sunk by anti-ship missiles of the Ukrainian Armed Forces. Also, the landing craft Serna, worth $20 million, sank near the island.

In addition, the Ukrainian military destroyed at least one Mi-8 helicopter, put out of action two Russian Raptor patrol boats, and damaged a substantial amount of various radar equipment that the Russians had in-stalled on the island.

^_^

I have just read that Ukraine used a drone to give co-ordinates for artillery to hit targets on Snake island.   I also recently read that the Russians actually worked hard under fire, if incompentently, in getting the military equipment onto the island. What I take away from this is the lack of foresight of the Russian military. We know now that drones can give co-ordinates in real time to artillery, so why didn't they realise that you can't 'shoot and scoot' on a small island - they were sitting ducks. I think that is the Russian way- try and try, and the cost in men and materials is of no interest to them.

I suppose if the life of your troops is cheap, losses are not as important as bludgeoning your way through a wasteland of shell craters. Biden said Russia will pay to rebuild what they are destroying- there are billions of dollars sanctioned.  

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Or he's too afraid of a child the plate with bread. Or he's afraid of bread. Or the possible poison in bread. :D  

We don't get news of what is happening in that region until something like the invasion of Ukraine occurs. I had never heard of the "Caspian Five" until today. It sounds like it is a economic/political  alliance of neighbouring countries? Does that tweet suggest even they are regarding Putin as a pariah? That would be good.

• Like 3

Russia is stealing Ukraine's grain and taking it to Turkey, to be sold to "friendly countries". This is theft on a global scale:

News of the ship's departure from Berdyansk was announced on social media app Telegram by Yevhen Balytskyi, who was recently appointed by Russia as governor of the occupied areas of Zaporizhzhia.

Mr Balytskyi said 7,000 tonnes of grain would be sent to "friendly" countries.

He added that ships from Russia's Black Sea Fleet would be "ensuring the security" of the journey, and that the port had been cleared of sea mines.

Ukraine demands the seizure of Russian-flagged grain ship off Turkey - BBC News

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Russia just admitted in the Duma that they are running out of ammo and equipment in Ukraine and need special laws passed to try and get more.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

Russia just admitted in the Duma that they are running out of ammo and equipment in Ukraine and need special laws passed to try and get more.

Putin only got `special operation` through the Kremlin, they blocked mobilising the country for war which includes industry.

Now they run out of ammo and need equipment repair, and I suspect to move forward their order for 2500 x T-14 Armata from 2025 to ASAP.

23 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Putin only got `special operation` through the Kremlin, they blocked mobilising the country for war which includes industry.

Now they run out of ammo and need equipment repair, and I suspect to move forward their order for 2500 x T-14 Armata from 2025 to ASAP.

The Way The Cookie Crumbles GIFs | Tenor

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked