Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

31 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

2500 x T-14 Armata from 2025 to ASAP

That order got canceled in 2018.

Shortly after it was canceled a new much smaller order of 132 armata platform vehicles was made which meant some combination of the T-14 tank, T-15 IFVs, and T-16 ARVs.  The order was to be starting in 2019 44 vehicles, not all of which were tanks, were supposed to be made each year for three years but at the end of the first year only 16 were delivered.  Then comes a long list of delays and the date of getting the vehicles being pushed back.  Back in 2021 they said they would finally begin production for the 132 vehicle order in 2022.

There is a lot of speculation that Russia cant actually do mass production of the armata platform, mostly due to a lot of reports of severe issues with multiple systems in the armata platform.

Wouldnt be counting on the T-14 being of any use anytime soon.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Putin only got `special operation` through the Kremlin, they blocked mobilising the country for war which includes industry.

Now they run out of ammo and need equipment repair, and I suspect to move forward their order for 2500 x T-14 Armata from 2025 to ASAP.

Like @DarkHunter just wrote they are not getting anywhere close to that number of T-14 (or any other tank) in the forseeable future. Even if they did, do you think that introducing a new tank with new ammunition and new spare parts is going to help with their supply problems ? Do they have the trained crews and the people trained in maintaining the T-14 in any great numbers ? Numbers means nothing if you can't operate, repair and resupply them. 

The T-14 looks good on paper, but paper tanks are probably not a great idea. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Indonesian President Visits Putin, Zelensky in ‘Very Difficult’ Attempt to End Ukraine War

…..Jokowi said he discussed the impact of the war on global food supply chains with Zelensky and Putin in their respective meetings. He said Putin gave him the “good news” of a pledge to “provide security guarantees for food and fertilizer supplies from both Ukraine and Russia.”

“Food and fertilizers are a humanitarian issue,” he said after meeting with Putin on Thursday. “Hundreds of millions of people have been affected by disruptions of the food and fertilizer supply chains — particularly in developing nations.”

Russian state media reported Putin told Jokowi that Russia is “ready to fully satisfy the demand of agricultural producers from Indonesia and other friendly states for nitrogen, phosphate, potash fertilizers and raw materials for their production.”…

https://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2022/07/01/indonesian-president-visits-putin-zelensky-in-very-difficult-attempt-to-end-ukraine-war/

I know that some think that because Zelensky has worked as a comedian that he is in the entertainment business making guest appearances in areas of conflict. Audy Murphy was a war hero and and actor as others were and was someone I looked up to in my youth. In his movies you could tell he had been there and done that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

Audie Leon Murphy (20 June 1925 – 28 May 1971) was an American soldier, actor, songwriter, and rancher. He was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers of World War II. He received every military combat award for valor available from the United States Army, as well as French and Belgian awards for heroism. Murphy received the Medal of Honor for valor that he demonstrated at the age of 19 for single-handedly holding off a company of German soldiers for an hour at the Colmar Pocket in France in January 1945, and then leading a successful counterattack while wounded and out of ammunition.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

I know that some think that because Zelensky has worked as a comedian that he is in the entertainment business making guest appearances in areas of conflict. Audy Murphy was a war hero and and actor as others were and was someone I looked up to in my youth. In his movies you could tell he had been there and done that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audie_Murphy

Audie Leon Murphy (20 June 1925 – 28 May 1971) was an American soldier, actor, songwriter, and rancher. He was one of the most decorated American combat soldiers of World War II. He received every military combat award for valor available from the United States Army, as well as French and Belgian awards for heroism. Murphy received the Medal of Honor for valor that he demonstrated at the age of 19 for single-handedly holding off a company of German soldiers for an hour at the Colmar Pocket in France in January 1945, and then leading a successful counterattack while wounded and out of ammunition.

Zelensky was a successful comedian, while Putin is an evil clown :yes:

Zelensky visits front lines and you can see in his face that he's genuinely suffering with his people. While Putin sits isolated, afraid for his own little life, while sending his people into meat grinder.   

Zelensky won presidential elections fair and square, on the platform of fighting corruption. Now he has won the trust and respect even of those who didn't vote for him, and he won that literally in battle. While Putin is a totalitarian dictator and a kleptocrat, whose "elections" are mockery, whose opposition is dead or jailed, and he's the literal death of Russia.    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Zelensky was a successful comedian, while Putin is an evil clown :yes:

Zelensky visits front lines and you can see in his face that he's genuinely suffering with his people. While Putin sits isolated, afraid for his own little life, while sending his people into meat grinder.   

Zelensky won presidential elections fair and square, on the platform of fighting corruption. Now he has won the trust and respect even of those who didn't vote for him, and he won that literally in battle. While Putin is a totalitarian dictator and a kleptocrat, whose "elections" are mockery, whose opposition is dead or jailed, and he's the literal death of Russia.    

Hi Helem

Yes Zelinsky has shown his colors which is why his people stand by him as a hope of keeping their freedom. he has shown the world that he is a leader that wants to protect his people and not be the criminals their adversary is. He will be remembered for the role he played in this global event.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Silver Shroud said:

I have just read that Ukraine used a drone to give co-ordinates for artillery to hit targets on Snake island.   I also recently read that the Russians actually worked hard under fire, if incompentently, in getting the military equipment onto the island. What I take away from this is the lack of foresight of the Russian military. We know now that drones can give co-ordinates in real time to artillery, so why didn't they realise that you can't 'shoot and scoot' on a small island - they were sitting ducks. I think that is the Russian way- try and try, and the cost in men and materials is of no interest to them.

I suppose if the life of your troops is cheap, losses are not as important as bludgeoning your way through a wasteland of shell craters. Biden said Russia will pay to rebuild what they are destroying- there are billions of dollars sanctioned.  

Russian and Ukrainian doctrine are as different as night and day are different. 

Russia "proves" they've got things and men to waste, while it is not so. I'm under impression that Putin also finds confirmation of his own importance in the number of deaths he caused. 

On the other, sane side, Ukraine is not sacrificing anyone. Live to fight another day. Amen. They're also very honest in their reporting, to the limit set by very logical need to classify stuff.   

When Ukraine wins, the rebuilding will be excellent engine for the economies involved, not just Ukrainian economy.

While Russia already has problems keeping their position even in Caspian Five. The list of things Putin managed to screw up is comically long and it can only grow. Yes, sanctioned money and properties will most likely end up directed into rebuilding of Ukraine. I absolutely love that very logical idea. 

• Like 1

Coil's area was hit by missiles, both yesterday morning and today.   

(Notice that he never complains, that he's taking his situation stoically, while putlerians keep presenting themselves as victims.)

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-ato/3520184-russian-missiles-hit-port-infrastructure-enterprises-in-mykolayiv.html

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Russia says it hit Ukrainian military sites in Donbas and Mykolaiv region

Russian forces destroyed five Ukrainian army command posts in the Donbas and in the Mykolaiv region with high-precision weapons and also struck three storage sites in the Zaporizhzhia region, the defence ministry has been quoted as saying.
Source: Ukraine-Russia war live news: Russia says hit Ukraine army sites | Russia-Ukraine war News | Al Jazeera

What's interesting to me is how they do have the high-precision capability, but when it comes to attacking targets in population-dense areas like Kremenchuk, they opt to use inaccurate weapons designed for attacking large military structures like aircraft carriers, which would bring with it a massive margin for error, considering all of the huge structures in a city.

• Like 2

For some here who think a comedian has no place being the president of Ukraine, let me remind folks of Reagan and Trump, one was a professional actor with a decent carreer and a decent President, and the other is a professioanal conn man who attempted a coup de etat in the US and a +- Putin sympathizer and also a disgrace as President.

Edited by godnodog
word correction
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, godnodog said:

For some here who think a comedian has no place being the president of Ukraine, let me remind folks of Reagan and Trump, one was a professional actor with a decent carreer and a decent President, and the other is a professioanal conn man who attempted a coup de etat in the US and a +- Putin sympathizer and also a disgrace as President.

I must have missed it.   Did people say that?

6 minutes ago, Myles said:

I must have missed it.   Did people say that?

yes, here in this thread/topic

17 minutes ago, The Silver Shroud said:

Kaboom!

Utterly beautiful!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, godnodog said:

yes, here in this thread/topic

I don't recall anyone saying that because he was a comedian he is unfit being the president.   It is quite possible I missed it but you say multiple people said it?  

Just look at her... 57 tons of pure joy... (The title says: Shoot and scoot. SAU Panzerhaubitze 2000 "worked" on Russian invaders in the east.) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Just look at her... 57 tons of pure joy... (The title says: Shoot and scoot. SAU Panzerhaubitze 2000 "worked" on Russian invaders in the east.) 

They need to attach some foliage on that beast to breakup the rectangular lines.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

They need to attach some foliage on that beast to breakup the rectangular lines.

Good advice :yes:

She slides back into the woods immediately after firing, but some masking net and foliage would look great on her.

If I was there, I'd lovingly drape some masking net on her and whisper: "It does not make you look fat, Haubitze Schatze." :D (Howitzer darling) 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
I didn't edit it after all, lol. I'm such a crackpot.
  • Haha 2

Ukrainians often repair damaged Russian mechanization and use it against the invaders. Or at least use the parts. I'm afraid this one is not a candidate for any repairs. 

(No gore, just today's contender for the best turret toss, IFV category.) 

• Like 2

And in the tank category... 

• Like 1

The bolded part is also the most disgusting part of narrative spammed by western putlerian propagandists. They wrap it up in "concern", "peacemaking", whataboutism, and douse it in crocodile tears, which makes it even more repulsive. 

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3520377-podolyak-civilized-world-is-on-the-way-to-recognizing-russia-as-terrorist-country.html

The civilized world is definitely on the way to recognizing Russia as a terrorist country.

Mykhailo Podolyak, an adviser to the head of the Ukrainian President's Office, said this in an interview with Ukraine's Channel 24, Ukrinform reports.

“I think the world will gradually come to this. I mean the civilized world, because there are countries like the DPRK and Syria that look at human life in a completely different way. They believe that a certain number of people can be killed for the sake of a ghostly goal. It is clear that they will support Russia, because they believe that it has the right to enter sovereign Ukraine and kill any number of our people. However, the civilized world is definitely on the way to recognizing Russia as a terrorist country,” Podolyak said.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I don't recall anyone saying that because he was a comedian he is unfit being the president.   It is quite possible I missed it but you say multiple people said it?  

I did, I remember at least one comment, don't recall from whom.

RUDNE, Ukraine — Yurii Brukhal, an electrician by trade, did not have a very dangerous role when he volunteered for Ukraine’s territorial defense forces at the start of the war. He was assigned to make deliveries and staff a checkpoint in the relative safety of his sleepy village.

Weeks later, his unit deployed from his home in the west to a frontline battle in eastern Ukraine, the center of the fiercest fighting against Russian forces. He was killed on June 10…..

….After the start of the war in February, Ukrainian men aged 18 to 60 were barred from leaving the country but were not automatically conscripted, and many volunteered to fight. Volunteers to the country’s territorial defense forces, reserve units of Ukraine’s armed forces, were initially assigned unglamorous but safe tasks in relatively tranquil regions like western Ukraine, where the Russians did not invade. But severe losses of manpower in the Donbas region, where Russia is grinding forward with ferocious bombing and shelling, has forced Ukraine’s military to draw reinforcements from the West.….

….“It’s just horrible when you see what’s happening in the cemetery, and you don’t know when it will stop,” she said, reflecting on the rows of new graves appearing in Lviv’s military cemetery since her brother’s burial. “We are going to have lots of women without husbands and children without fathers.”…

….“We expected it to end in two or three weeks. Then in another two or three weeks,” she said. “When you talk with the soldiers, you realize it may not even end this year.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/07/02/world/europe/russia-ukraine-war-volunteers.html

A Russian ice hockey star who signed a million-dollar contract with an American team was rounded up by Russian plain-clothes policemen and taken to an army enlistment office yesterday before he's expected to be sent to fight in Ukraine.

Olympian Ivan Fedotov, 25, was reportedly rushed into Putin's army after he was filmed being detained by a squad of officers outside an ice rink in St Petersburg.

The accusation of 'draft dodging' is seen as revenge for his signing to play for NHL team the Philadelphia Flyers.

Moment Russian ice hockey star is forcibly enlisted in Putin's army after signing $1.1m NHL deal | Daily Mail Online

Edited by The Silver Shroud
  • Thanks 1

• This topic was locked and unlocked
  • This topic was locked and unlocked
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked